Steven King

Mantak Chia - Looking For A Clear Picture

24 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

... but then, there's no follow through, thats's the tough part.

On second thought, maybe there is follow through, in fact I bet there is follow through and he gets paid to do it, boinking.  What a set up huh?

41 minutes ago, Wells said:

how about you?

Sadly no, I did learn the tantric sex, and from him, but I don't advertise it.  Plus I is married and believe in ethical conduct, the wife would not approve.

• Like 1

Master Chia once demonstrated some Chi Nei Tsang massage on me during a workshop and I wasn`t a twenty year old female hottie at the time.  So please, let`s not hold the fact that he`s also offered bodywork to attactive women against him.  Are all of his techniques suitable for all Taoist practitioners?  No, of course not.  Over the years, seasoned Bums have offered cautions about his methods: avoid forceful packing of chi, don`t try to stop an orgasm with the "million dollar point,"  ...and so on.  These cautions are largely warranted and newbies would do well to exercise caution.

And yet...so much good has come out of Master Chia`s work.  Many of his students are first rate -- Michael Winn, Gilles Marin, Juan Li.  He`s a powerful person whose done powerful work, not easily discounted.  Don`t throw the master out with the bathwater. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2018 at 8:25 PM, Starjumper said:

Hmm, lucky guy, sexual massage on cuties ...

On picture he is doing Chi Nei Tsang ... lol ... good stuff to clear out the emotional out of the body ... and it works ...  ;)

• Like 2

On 3/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, Starjumper said:

... His inner smile is actually a fundamentalist bastardization of the real thing ...

Real thing inner smile?

3 hours ago, Jox said:

Real thing inner smile?

If you do a certain aspect of chi kung for awhile (after completing other aspects) you notice yourself having an inner smile, it happens automatically, without thinking or trying.  If instead you 'make' it happen by trying, when it actually isn't in your spirit at that point, then that is a fundamentalist approach.  In addition, Moretalk leaves out one of the principle aspects of it.   But then, that's all you got, because I'm not telling how to do it the non fundamentalist way.

Edited by Starjumper

Cuddy and the rest of the first wave of researchers on "power stances" have had to admit that their results cannot be replicated. In social psychology, this has becomed a sad joke. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2018 at 9:03 PM, Mudfoot said:

Cuddy and the rest of the first wave of researchers on "power stances" have had to admit that their results cannot be replicated. In social psychology, this has becomed a sad joke. 

So, do you say that measurements of testosterone / cortisole during Cuddy experiment were "fake"?  :huh: 

8 hours ago, Jox said:

So, do you say that measurements of testosterone / cortisole during Cuddy experiment were "fake"?  :huh: 

Not exactly fake, but since they cannot be replicated in controlled studies, they were the result of something else. 

Perhaps the enthusiasm of the original research group. 

This is not uncommon, that is why the scientific community often replicate important research with independent researchers. 

I can email you the new reports if you like. But my old email is off, pm me for the new one. 

18 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Smile is essential on anyone face who has the powerz. It is a natural reaction of having Qi.

His exercise to smile is like trying to make money on teaching adult humans how to walk or put food in their mouth.

Mantak Chia is at the bottom food chain of all Qigong "teachers". Known widely and popular with masses, but has absolutely zero knowledge or power. A true disgrace to those people whom had him as student.

Ok, you are playing a troll here and that is your power ... hahaha ...  :ph34r: 

Chia-bashing is common here on TDB, which is hard on those that actually have positive experiences with his methods. 

I have on occasion indulged in that myself. 😁 

If we are to believe Michael Winn, Chia is powerful but Winn disagrees with some of the main methods. Actually, he is quite open with that. 

And I would not place Chia at the bottom. I have met teachers that were there. Some had 3-5 days of instructor training with no previous experience. That is not mud bottom, that is rock bottom. 

On the other hand, I tend to disagree with how he choose to teach the few things that overlap my practice. 

I also hope that my way leads to more interesting places, but since I am not in a position to have a friendly chat with him, I will never know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

On the other hand, I tend to disagree with how he choose to teach the few things that overlap my practice. 

Buddha palm set?

He does a good job of showing the Singapore line of the Emei version.... 

I also disagree about how he treats the trigrams. 😁 

And, as others have described it, I come to an inner smile from an other direktion. 

But I can readily admit, I base this on "this is not how I do it", and I cannot be sure my way is better. 

It just works for me. 

Except the trigram thingie. 

I still think that speed-chanting the trigram names should be coupled with a chance to extract some jing from your gonads. 

21 hours ago, GSmaster said:

I know mantak very well. Seen him up close and scanned him completely. 

Actually, I pity him and his life.

What, if you mirrored yourself in him ... and in true you looks at yourself ... just saying ... :ph34r: :)

On 5/6/2018 at 12:42 AM, GSmaster said:

.. bottom food chain of all Qigong "teachers". 

Would you like to give us some top food chain of all Qigong "teachers" ...  ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jox said:

What, if you mirrored yourself in him ... and in true you looks at yourself ... just saying ... :ph34r: :)

Awww, aint you cute, spouting your kindergarten sayings.  Well, let it be known that while a person can't 'see' one who is more advanced than themselves it is quite easy to see someone below yourself, and Moretalk Chia really is a bottom feeder, at the bottom because he popularity makes him so.  Therefore many see him for what he is, a sad little rich liar.  I've been to a couple of his seminars and saw him, had lunch with him once too.  He's a real nice guy, likes money, not only the tops of his shoes are real shiny, but the bottoms too.

One thing might be good about him though, there are those that say that it is good to keep secrets and in fact there is a lot of misinformation put out purposely in order to mislead people and hide the 'secrets'.  If you look at it that way then he's doing a stand up job!

When he teaches it's only his jaw that is exercising 98% of the time.  He has his students visit different masters for a couple of weeks, they take lots of notes, then return to Moretalk.  Then curiously, a couple of months later a new book comes out on just that same subject, written by the students who took the notes, with lots of pictures and a brightly colored cover, ideal for attracting those who are easily impressed, and guess whose name is on the book as author.  Couldn't guess, could you?

I tried watching a video of his on Utube once, I found that for some reason seeing him talk was revolting to me, not sure why.  The extra special thing in that video was he had one of his usual brightly colored charts out, with the different chakras on it, the solar plexus chakra being nice and bright, and he points to the solar plexus with his pointer and says: "THIS is your tan tien!"  with great authority.  I really could not believe it.  He knew where he was pointing because he was looking at the chart when he did it.  Can someone explain this shit to me.

Edited by Starjumper

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

points to the solar plexus with his pointer and says: "THIS is your tan tien!"  with great authority.  I really could not believe it.  He knew where he was pointing because he was looking at the chart when he did it.  Can someone explain this shit to me.

Wang Mu Foundations of internal alchemy. 

Wang Mu is also the main source for the "ldt is behind the navel" view. 

DSC_0014.thumb.JPG.3a2bf589fc6df3c3e70693a379cce34a.JPG

Edited by Mudfoot
Added sentence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

To be honest, Mantak is so low in my eyes, that I cannot even be arsed to talk about him. I would rather speak of the ant I crushed this, morning.

Most of his teachings can be summarised with "tighten your asshole" or hui yin point, whatever it is called in monkey language.

and yet the reality is, Mantak Chia is not on this 'lowly' site, and is not posting about us..

cause apparently he has better things to do.  hmm..

rumor has it he didn't kill any ants today cause he steps around them.  It's an awareness thing

As I've stated before, I see Chia as a pioneer.  Not perfect and didn't get everything right, but he introduced and popularized esoteric 'taoist' energy arts to much of the West, plus sponsored many excellent teachers and for that I give him credit.  An old neighbor who went full blown initiate Taoist told me Chia would not be considered a real Taoist.  And that's fine, in truth few of us would, yet most would get benefits from learning some of its naturalistic philosophy.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@GSmaster, I thought you were going to be cultivating for months. Have you dashed your plans to better yourself to continue your tirade? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Wang Mu Foundations of internal alchemy. 

Wang Mu is also the main source for the "ldt is behind the navel" view. 

Behind the navel is close enough to the LDT, you could say it's in the upper part of the classical location for tan tien; and that is not close to the solar plexus. 

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Behind the navel is close enough to the LDT, you could say it's in the upper part of the classical location for tan tien; and that is not close to the solar plexus. 

Nope, but the yellow court is. So the question is, were Chia talking about the LDT or the MDT on that clip? 

If he was talking about the LDT he was having a blackout, if he was talking about the MDT he was using one of two possible locations. 

When talking about the LDT, there are also more than one view. JAJ have the extended LDT view, where the entire lower abdomen can be divided into chambers. 

You can also find, in Nei Dan tradition, the though of several centers. 

Where the point behind the navel is called the crescent moon furnace and considered a function separate from the LDT. 

Actually, JAJ uses both models, in different contexts. 

• Like 2

Many of the most powerful teachers I`ve met have also had glaring personality flaws of various sorts.  It`s easy to point out the flaws and say ....this person is so low, how can you possibly learn from this person?  And yet, they have a lot to teach.  

People are free to feel contemptuous of Mantak Chia for his slickly produced books, his money and popularity seeking motivation, his dubious sexual practices ... and so on.  If those things are deal breakers for you, then don`t study with him.  Doesn`t mean the guy doesn`t have powerful chi. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, GSmaster said:

You have no idea who I am. And I have no desire to speak about this over internet.

It is easier to speak about others in a bad way ..., while staying anonymous and safe behind keyboard ...  ;)

6 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Nope, but the yellow court is. So the question is, were Chia talking about the LDT or the MDT on that clip? 

If he was talking about the LDT he was having a blackout, if he was talking about the MDT he was using one of two possible locations. 

When talking about the LDT, there are also more than one view. JAJ have the extended LDT view, where the entire lower abdomen can be divided into chambers. 

You can also find, in Nei Dan tradition, the though of several centers. 

Where the point behind the navel is called the crescent moon furnace and considered a function separate from the LDT. 

Actually, JAJ uses both models, in different contexts. 

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense, it seems that Mr. Chia was doing that, because he said '"this is your tan tien" rather than "this is your lower tan tien".  My teacher got around all that ridiculosity by never talking about such things, and I feel there is no need to talk about such things if one is learning from a sage (who teaches without speaking) but rather shows you all the ways..

• Like 1