thetaoiseasy

Some Beginner Cultivation Tips

3. You understand that qigong is real life, and that your daily 20 minute morning meditation and hour tai chi practice is mostly self-amusement. What? Yes, mainly self-amusement.

And why? Because there are 23 more hours during the day. Real qigong is every second of your life. Every moment, you adjust your energy field with your thoughts, posture, and breathing.

For example, if you are sitting in front of the computer 24/7 during your job, you realize that the best qigong you can do is have a positive attitude and learning how to optimize your sitting posture. 1 hour of tai chi cannot compensate for 10 hours of bad energy practice while you're at work.

Another example is if you have a habit of touching your face, or biting your nails, every few seconds. You think this habit is harmless. But don't you know your habit is also qigong, albeit a bad one. You are messing up your energy field with your habits. If you don't quit them, whats the use of holding a static qigong posture for 20 minutes in the morning!

Wow, thanks a lot.

Tips like these really have an impact on me. Because I've been realising, that the only way to learn to steer oneself, is to gain conciousness about these "small" actions, like food I'm taking in or stuff I'm doing throughout the day. So I'm really thankful, that you raised even more conciousness about how everyday-stuff impacts my life.

Can you be more specific about what messes energy up concerning touching the face? As I read this, I realised, that I'm touching my nose all the time at the side at the lower end of the alar wing of the nose, so like the 20th point of the LI meridian. I also blow my nose needlessly every quarter hour or so.

I have a question, which might warrant a new thread, but how do you close off your energy field from another person, or to stop energy from flowing from someone, or to someone? I try to constrict my field, but someone I am around a lot is able to make it flare up (you know how certain people can do that?) I am very affected by others energy, especially when it is negative and comes from someone I am close to, or was close to. It can throw me off for hours, even right after a meditation or yoga session. I try to keep it in mind that life is the real challenge, growth arena, but sometimes with elevated energy I become more eager to point out faults in others. Other times I am able to let things flow, even when I do not agree with external circumstances.

Close your eyes and visualize your chi / aura expanding and forming a big ball/ protective wall with you in the center.

This will stop others bad energy from coming into your space nd affecting you.

No one of lower energy can affect a person of higher energy without his consent. A person of higher energy cannot affect a person of lower energy without his consent either

People with lower energy are affected by those with higher energy just by being in their presence. :)

swampland: your energy floats upward whenever you touch your face. in cultivation a basic principle is know the bright, keep to the darkness. upper deficient, lower excess. You don't want the energy to float upwards for no reason. it'll make you anxious.

Wow, thanks a lot.

Tips like these really have an impact on me. Because I've been realising, that the only way to learn to steer oneself, is to gain conciousness about these "small" actions, like food I'm taking in or stuff I'm doing throughout the day. So I'm really thankful, that you raised even more conciousness about how everyday-stuff impacts my life.

Can you be more specific about what messes energy up concerning touching the face? As I read this, I realised, that I'm touching my nose all the time at the side at the lower end of the alar wing of the nose, so like the 20th point of the LI meridian. I also blow my nose needlessly every quarter hour or so.

Edited by thetaoiseasy
  • Like 1

Definitely some useful stuff in here. Maybe this should be a pinned post for people new to cultivationand new to the forum.

-My 2 cents, Peace

wonderful post, taoiseasy.

off your knees and dry your tears,

you already have the ultimate teacher;

you always did. (-:

welcome.

Christians weep at Jesus's feet in their prayers. Muslims see Allah in their devotions. Buddhists see Buddha surrounded by golden light in their meditations. Kundalini practitioners often experience a snake coiling up their spine to the crown. Some Taoists channel Lao Tzu or Chuang Tzu through spontaneous magic writing or possessions.

Are any of these visions or experiences real and valid? Well, in most cases, they are real in one sense and one sense only: The human mind interprets transformed and sublimated spiritual energy to fit his or her own belief system.

Why would Lao Tzu come down and be channeled by a unachieved being that works at a local temple? If you ask this channeled Lao Tzu specific questions, the answers you get are that which you would expect from an uneducated bum, not a wise sage. That's the truth.

So spiritual reality is white. And it does not have narrative that includes Jesus or Allah or Lao Tzu. More often than not, it is the limited mind that imposes a story and meaning upon the unlimitedness and naturalness of spirituality. Like nature, spirituality just is and exists for itself.

The goal, then, is to develop an unlimited mind that does not latch onto conceptual stories, or strong imagery. Only the limited mind is chained by human descriptions of color, symbolism, and storytelling. The unlimited mind holds onto nothing. The limited mind....well, lets just say the magic writer at the temple speaks only at his own level of attainment.

From what I am told, after long years of cultivation you will only see one distinct vision. And it is that of yourself. At that point, maybe you are truly a God.

Given the above, you ask yourself:

1) Is there really a snake at the perineum? Is there really a red-headed crane that swoops down, grabs a snake, and takes it up your spine towards your crown chakra?

2) Is there really fire in perineum that cooks water above it and transforms it to steam?

3) Is there really a snowy mountain at the mingmen? Is there really a sun at the crown that shines down at the snowy mountain, causing the snow to evaporate?

And more importantly, how useful are these three descriptions? Well, they are only as important to the degree that you recognize they are mere description of a reality which needs no descriptions. And to the degree that you recognize all three alchemical processes are referring to the same imageless reality.

For most people, imagery is certainly important in the beginning and the training process. By using your mind to conjure an image, you can cause a spiritual response and qi movement associated with that image. Some narratives are closer to reality and more effective than others. They conjure a more effective response from the spiritual world. Which is why some schools produce better and faster results.

At some point, though, you begin to ask yourself these questions. Do I have to make myself even sicker before I get better? Do I have to limit my mind to get closer to the unlimited reality? Do I have to create mental projections to see what is behind the projection?

Do I have to create a description of a God and worship that description, or can I just seek God directly?

You tell yourself, "Eh. Maybe it's just better to throw all these fanciful descriptions, sit on my ass and just embrace the unlimited."

If you reach the stage where you not only tell yourself that statement but also practice it, please let me know. I will get down on my knees and beg with earnest tears down my face to be your student.

Hi TheTaoisEasy,

I saw on a post a while back someone asked you about doing the Small Universe(MCO) to fall asleep....I think you might of answered but edited it before I could read it. I've been falling asleep like this for many years...

For quite a few years I just did small universe...mainly just to keep healthy. Usually lying down. I don't think I really built up any chi doing this...But I could feel and hear stomach blockages disolving while doing this....and also heart blockages going away.

One time in about 2007 - when I was very unbalanced....I woke up after a night of drinking RedBull and vodka.....I think I had a blood clot in my heart....And when I tried to get up I felt the clot get more intense.....So I just laid there and did small universe for about 3 hours...and I felt the blood cot go away. So I think small universe saved my life once.

So, I always see people saying that MCO is an advanced exercise....I think the small universe version might be different....While I don't think it really builds up energy done lying down - I do think it has good health benefits....and can be done all day without causing problems.

But to really build up your energy with it - I think you need to do it cross legged or lotus. Today I did it for 45 minutes cross legged and was shaking like crazy - with energy shooting throughout my body....I would say it is about 100 times stronger doing it cross legged versus lying down.

Quick question thetaoiseasy.

I started seeing things dart around a few years ago when I was practicing. Now these things are a lot more active. I see flashes, and whatever this stuff is - it moves fast like bugs flying around. I see them with my eyes open in the daytime a lot too. Do you know what this stuff is exactly?

I started seeing things dart around a few years ago when I was practicing. Now these things are a lot more active. I see flashes, and whatever this stuff is - it moves fast like bugs flying around. I see them with my eyes open in the daytime a lot too. Do you know what this stuff is exactly?

Wow. It's bizarre that you just posted this because I've had the same question rattling around my mind for years! It's like a thousand tiny white flies phasing in and out of reality about 8-15inches from my face. I see them mainly during the day while engaged in some activity that is on automatic, like driving a car for example.

Edited by Celestial

chi2012, celestial. both of you guys have good energy. what you see is the sublimation of your sexual energy to light particles. I believe both of you have done energy practices for some while, with periods of sexual abstinence.

I think you wondered....is this internal, or an external spirit visiting me? Let me tell you. If internally you are not developed, those high and light external spirits wouldn't visit you, nor would they be viewable in the first place. So honestly, internal and external are the same things: no internal, no external. no external, no internal. At the right time, you'll understand, and won't need a poster with a smiley avatar to tell you what it means. Hint: at that point, you will be just as you are, and content with no explanation, because it needs no real explanation or significance. To satisfy some curiosity though, and maybe you already experienced this...but the white particles will get so intense that the entire room seems like its snowing, nd the light particles can become a deep milky blue and white and twinkle like the stars in front of you. And perhaps one day you can project light to any form...at that point, please message me. i'll need some intermediate cultivation tips from you!

Interesting, thanks for posting this. I sent you a PM regarding something more personal to get your opinion on the matter. Thanks again.

Edited by Celestial