Thunder_Gooch

You are given God like powers, but not God like intelligence.

You have the ability to change the world any way you see fit, but you are limited to human level intelligence.

How would you change the world for the better?

• Like 2

You have the ability to change the world any way you see fit, but you are limited to human level intelligence.

first i would make it rain kittens

wait, first i would cover the ground with pillows

then i would make it rain kittens

super smart kittens to solve all those problems and actually change the world for the better

• Like 1

ok - make people spontaneously cut through all their delusions with a glance, and they too then have the power + spread empathic understanding like wild fire... the rest should sort itself out

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I would use my God-like powers to give them up. Without God-like wisdom, I would not attempt to use such power to change the world as any attempt would have consequences I could not foresee.

I would be similar to a big powerful bad guy in the WWE. At first, I would use my powers for evil. Then, one day I would have a change of heart an become a "good guy". People would cheer me and I would save the world and defeat all the bad guys.

This happened to Lex Luger

Edited by chi 2012

I love the title of this thread!

You are given God like powers, but not God like intelligence. How do you change the world?

What a fantastic concise description of our current condition as a species!

It IS kind of amazing what people have achieved after thousands of years of trial and error. :)

( How did this topic end up in the off-topic basement ? )

Edited by gramp

I would use my God like ability to endow myself with God-Like Super Intelligence.

Then I would change the world and humanity in such a way so that no one in the world would ever have any power to challenge my authority in reshaping this world into a Paradise of Holy Enlightened Purity.

Well if I have God-like powers then I'd have a lot of wiggle room for trial and error, huh?

Well first I'd make a paradise. Everyone has all the food and shelter and access to things they need as they want. The world is free from disease. Everyone is physically appealing, physically capable, as intelligent as humanly possible. No one is forced to do anything.

With my human intelligence I ration that most crimes out there are due to imbalances. People lack food or shelter or access to things, so they take them. People are jealous and/or spiteful of someone for having something they don't have, so they commit crimes to get it.

Take all that away, I figure people don't have any motivation.

Now the machine makers of the first Matrix will tell you that is exactly how they designed the first matrix. A human paradise. Apparently it failed miserably. Apparently people wanted to suffer. Apparently they just had no purpose living in a paradise where they wanted for nothing, and went crazy.

So the machine makers made suffering. Gave the people a system that hates them and kills them, so they can struggle against and feel like they have meaning in the world.

Interesting enough, (SPOILER ALERT) just saw the Avengers today, and Loki said something similar about humanity. "You were made to be ruled." Because ruling yourself requires intelligence and power and sticking to your principles and responsibility. And it's just so much easier to submit to someone and do what they tell you and as long as you do that you are okay.

So I figure if the first plan doesn't work out, hey, I'm the god of the planet. Worship me and do as I say and if not... I zap you. Commit crimes and do things I tell you not to do? Zap. Do anything but work hard and help you fellow man and yadda yadda? Zap. Oh, and make sure they don't have enough food and have to struggle and suffer, so that way when they've finally earned their carrot, they feel happy about it, and don't realize that it's all they had to eat all day.

Also I live in paradise and the people I approve of get to live there with me. And occasionally I pick some people out of the rabble to come live with me and make people think they have a shot. Also some people are my prophets and I speak through them. But if they mess up, zap. And if you work hard and do what I tell you, you can be a prophet too. If not zap.

Yeah. How about that.

Ressurrect the dead in all fashion and manner, both completely living and some undead.

A living Jimmy Hendrix, versus an undead hitler; for example.

A living george washington, and every other dead president would be undead.

All neandrathals would be living.

im thinking an undead Leonardo DaVinci.

Then i would give all the living plenty of land to live out their immortal lives, and all the undead a bunch of ray guns and nukes.

THEN i would leave earth and re-create it in my own liking with no human beings, and all evolved intelligences would be redirected to a more proper place. specifically the earth i just fucked with undead controlled nukes.

Anyone who wants to live on my earth has to follow the simple rules of:

No clothing

No digital technology

No mechanical technology that surpasses your own bodily capabilities

No chemistry

No metalurgy

No permanent constructions of any sort unless they can be very easily and simply deconstructed within an hour or less.

Anyone caught breaking the rules goes back to nuke york.

• Like 1

I wouldnt change it

1 because I couldnt know the ramifications of my decision

2 because its fine the way it is, it provides challenges

and the means to address them already

IMHO

desiring to change the world into ones own vision isnt exactly Taoism

Stosh

• Like 1