mike 134

Need serious help please, kundalini problems

I would be interested.

In Tibetan terms, it is found in the Six Yogas of Naropa. Kundalini is described in terms of "Inner Fire". The "connections" that ShaktMama are describing are found in the Tibetan practices of "Becoming Vajradhara". A couple of good books are:

The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa by Courtin, Robina; Yeshe, Lama Thubten; Cameron, Ailsa

The Six Yogas of Naropa: Tsongkhapa's Commentary by Mullin, Glenn H.

Hope that helps.

:)

I am out of town on my iPhone . It just ate my first response. This will be brief. There are no superpowers. This is my life for the last 20 years or so. I am not unique. I get attacked and ridiculed for this. Glenn would say never tell people what happens. I do. I get attacked. I stop talking for awhile. Time goes by and I step out for awhile until I get attacked again. I teach less and less.

LOL i used to belong to the group of people who thought that secrets were dirty and that teachings and truths should be freely available to all. Then i realized why masters keep their cards close, because fools get REALLY threatened when you talk about not being subject to the same limitations they are!

I just kinda went through the same thing on another thread recently, talking about the accomplishments of my teacher. And thats just the stuff he has told me its ok to talk about!! I can't imagine what people would do if they knew what a human being was really capable of! LOL probably shut their eyes and go back to sleep and convince themselves that it was all fairy tales and bedtimes stories for ignorant children...

being somewhat free from ordinary confines myself, i can relate. I don't talk about my gifts or my life though, people are generally too ignorant. I hate to say it but its been proven true time and time again. Even here on a daoist forum people think that the stories about jumping from mountain peak to mountain peak, and living for thousands of years are just made up nonsense, like ancient masters had nothing better to do than sit around in a circle and invent lies! LOL! oh it kills me

I wanted to post in empathy for your having been attacked for speaking your truth, which is valuable to anyone with their eyes open. But it came out as a bitch session about those with their eyes shut. Hahahaha sorry ShaktiMama.

LOL i used to belong to the group of people who thought that secrets were dirty and that teachings and truths should be freely available to all. Then i realized why masters keep their cards close, because fools get REALLY threatened when you talk about not being subject to the same limitations they are!

Sounds like my kind of people, what group?

Did you write that Mark? I like.

Yes I did write that. I have to admit, that I have been focused on finding the vocabulary to describe my own experience to myself for years, because I am the principal beneficiary when I get the relationships right. And I always believed the idea was to change myself, and describe how I did it while I was doing it so that there would be a coherent record if anyone else needed to follow, or perhaps if I lost my mind and had to start over! Trick is, I know the words aren't really going to communicate to someone else, but a positive and substantive description of the relationships involved has a power beyond a person's conscious understanding, I believe that. It's the hypnosis of the cosmos, if you will.

I am envious of Shaktimama and Dr. Morris, and frightened at the same time. I'm only seeking the magic of waking up and falling asleep right where I am now, and yet living this life to the fullest has got to be positive, and the experiences folks describe sound awesome. Maybe I'm too timid, ha ha!

I was very impressed with Dr. Morris's approach, in that he felt even teachers with many years of experience were not teaching the method he had stumbled onto, and he went with his own experience and taught from that regardless of any lineage teaching.

I've shared the videos of Shi DeLon's students wtih friends of mine, and they sent me back this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWfLdYIpARQ

Interesting video, cheers Mark.

I have recently seen film/documentary 'The Rize':

- trailer

a really cool bit ,check it out-

about kids having dance battles and getting together, learning from each other and listening to their bodies. It is a really good film, and some scenes are just amazing.

It becomes obvious that this is their spirituality (without being labeled as such), almost like a very ancient intuitive drive that gets those people together and their bodies just know what to do to distress, shake and get in tune.

Reccomended.

Shakti Mama , it was really intersting reading your posts! Thanks for sharing so much.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Sounds like my kind of people, what group?

The group of people who think that nothing should really be kept secret. Thats the group.

Its not like an official organization, like the W.C.Fields Club for Non-Members or something

I was just referring to all the people who think that secrets are dirty as a group.

Hi, I have a lot of those ! Not the really dramatic stuff like spontaneous postures, but definitely a lof of twitching, spasms, worse at in bed. And I feel vibrations, buzzing sensations too. I bolded the things I feel:

KRIYA YOGA Muscle twitching, cramps or spasms, shaking, trembling, limpness, rigid-contraction, facial contortions. Itching, vibrating, pricking, tingling, effervescent bubbles of bliss. Tingling/throbbing in left foot and leg is one of the main signs that kundalini is active. Hot or cold changes in body temperature. Shooting currents of energy or heat. Zigzag or double helix of energy up the spine. Prana flow in the central nervous system. Pulsating sensation in the sacrum. Involuntary laughing or crying, deep sighs. Abdomen may flatten toward the spine. Contraction of visceral organs. The anus contracts and is drawn up (bandhas). Purging or constipation. Bad digestion. Chin may press down against the neck (neck lock posture). Eyeballs roll upwards or rotate. Eyelids may not open despite effort to open them. Left eyelid flickers, then towards the end of the awakening the right eye may flicker. Tongue rises to the roof of the mouth or stretches back. Repetitive popping sensation in the sinus above the palette. Body may twist in all directions. Body may bend forward or back, or roll around on the floor. Spontaneous asanas and mudrus. Breathing constriction, heaviness or contraction of diaphragm. Unusual breathing patterns, tendency to belly breathe, emphatic out-breath. Racing heart, expansion pains in heart. Feeling of levitation or intensified gravity, radical grounding and associated lethargy, Chronic Fatigue. Body sense might expand to feel huge or small. Strange aches and head pressures, headaches. Clenching jaw. Yawning, excessive sleep. Inability to sleep during hyperactivation; Hyperactivity, need to constantly walk or exercise. Dry throat, great thirst. Feeling headlessness, mindless, giddy, heaviness of head like one is wearing a helmet. Build up of pressure at the head, neck, spine, thorax and eyes. Paralysis during Samadhi or hypnogogic states. Numbness and pain in limbs, especially the left foot and leg. Numbness on the left scalp and down into left face, with drooping of the left eyelid. Years of pain in the throat (thyroid) or in the left foot or shin prior to the awakening. Loss of strength in the arms during rapture and heart expansions. Psychokinetic interference with electrical equipment. Smell of roses or peaches eminating from the skin.

LAYA YOGA

Inner visions and lights, flames, geometric shapes. Visions of deities, or saints. Dream-scenes. Inner sounds, celestial music, bird sounds, animal sounds. Buzzing or humming in the ears. Inner voices. Spontaneous mantras. Speaking in tongues or foreign languages. Smell of perfume arises. Transcendental vision, everything illuminated scintillating, vibrating. Dreams and visions in transcendental vision. Atom bomb dreams. Temporary loss of eyesight.

BHAKTI YOGA

Love with no object arises. Devotion. Sublime gratitude. Uncommon compassion and understanding. Tolerance and patience for "What Is." Enormous faith accompanies the bliss. Transcendence of reactive patterns, social conditioning and egoic habits. Intense sexual arousal without provocation. Intensified sexual and sensoral pleasure. Feeling of gaseous bubbles arising from reproductive organs, champagne pelvis. Feeling of radiating ambrosial bliss, an aura of nectar. Heat, sweat. Strange activity and bliss in different areas of the head at different times. Sensations of blissful honey moving through brain, spine and connecting heart to other parts of the body. Traveling bliss, or pervasive bliss, rapture. Spontaneous sexual ecstasy with no stimulation. Increased ESP, precognitive dreams, telepathy. Bio-location of loved one through heart's navigation. Alchemical preparation for future unknown events, ie: translocal transtime development. Linear time transcended. Feeling of entire life reaching a nexus point in time. Heightened senses. Hyper-sensitive. Field of self widens, peripheral awareness increases. Exquisite awareness of one's environment and others. Ability to affect energetic states and promote heart expansion in others via sympathetic resonance.

JNANA YOGA

Deep questions and answers arise. Spontaneous mystic poetry that writes itself. Important insights, eurekas. Scientific and creative solutions. The Herald of the Muse appearing as a sound or voice in the upper right-brain field prior to the emergence of information. Increased creativity and expression. Intensified understanding. Finer focus on "the most important thing." Compulsive need to write.

OK FORGET what you read on Biology of Kundalini. Ms Dixon has NO IDEA what she is actually talking about and I have made that clear to her then she deleted my post which was appropriate considering she was quoting from her site and it is MISINFORMATION and this is what gets people in trouble. Almost all of what is out there to be found is pure crap. Especially when everyone tends to over analyze it. Atom bomb dreams in Laya Yoga. LOL really? I will tell you what LayaYoga is about as an example then im done.

layayoga connotes mergence and yoga union. Ms Dixon of Biology of Kundalini has laya and kriya separated. This is fiction. By practicing austere Kriyayoga and mounting the gradual steps of Kriya and achieving the relative levels of realisation, one reaches the transcendental state of Kriya. The basic purpose of Kriya practice is to achieve union with the Absolute. Only if union with the Absolute in this manner is achieved, salvation occurs. This is layayoga, the mergence or absolute union and human life is fulfilled if it undergoes layayoga. No Yogi can return back to his living being state after attaining Layayoga. The present living being state is kinetic, Kriya practice annihilates Prana-dynamism and facilitates the living beings state to become static and attain mergence. The Void or Nothingness or Wu Wei or The Tao or Brahma or anything else you want to call it is STILL. NOTHINGNESS. has nothing to do with the definitions above from the standpoint of TRUTH. Good luck. If you want help then you may message me and I can try to put you in contact with someone that can help you truly and authentically and of course wont charge like alot of others and if they do it wont be much. Improper practice causes Kundalini problems and when i say that i mean its not the kundalini, its the person doing it. How can the Kundalini Sakti or Adyasakti which is the Primordial Female Energy, seat of maximum vibrations by which the universal law of generation and creation is maintained be the problem???? i mean really???? TOO MUCH FALSE INFO. People are not ready for social sites due to truth and misinformation. If interested seek out your path, sift thru the bs and eventually in this life time or the next perhaps you will find what you have always wanted......

I just kinda went through the same thing on another thread recently, talking about the accomplishments of my teacher. And thats just the stuff he has told me its ok to talk about!! I can't imagine what people would do if they knew what a human being was really capable of! LOL probably shut their eyes and go back to sleep and convince themselves that it was all fairy tales and bedtimes stories for ignorant children...

being somewhat free from ordinary confines myself, i can relate. I don't talk about my gifts or my life though, people are generally too ignorant. I hate to say it but its been proven true time and time again. Even here on a daoist forum people think that the stories about jumping from mountain peak to mountain peak, and living for thousands of years are just made up nonsense, like ancient masters had nothing better to do than sit around in a circle and invent lies! LOL! oh it kills me

I wanted to post in empathy for your having been attacked for speaking your truth, which is valuable to anyone with their eyes open. But it came out as a bitch session about those with their eyes shut. Hahahaha sorry ShaktiMama.

thanks. I had an amazing weekend training with a fantastic teacher. I had my own wonderful healing, clearing experience. I also had this initiation that is still transforming my inner landscape, both physically and energetically. The experience of it knocked me flat in amazement and I know it will be months before I can fully assimilate that. I would have to count these moments as peak experiences. As you say, what would people do if they knew what a human being was really capable of?

People's minds and lives are so limited by their beliefs. Teachers especially need a good shake up once in awhile to keep from getting stagnant. It is good for energy flow. We were discussing where do the healers and teachers go when it is time for a tune up? The really good ones are not famous or very public because the truth is so harsh and unacceptable to the small ego. This makes these teachers not very mainstream.

We talked a little shop amongst us and how frustrating it can be when students are so dense and lost in thoughts that are not their thoughts. We worked on marrying the Divine Heart with the Human heart so we regain the compassionate perspective. Out of enlightenment comes compassion. That's a good measure.

• Like 1

Interesting video, cheers Mark.

I have recently seen film/documentary 'The Rize':

- trailer

a really cool bit ,check it out-

about kids having dance battles and getting together, learning from each other and listening to their bodies. It is a really good film, and some scenes are just amazing.

It becomes obvious that this is their spirituality (without being labeled as such), almost like a very ancient intuitive drive that gets those people together and their bodies just know what to do to distress, shake and get in tune.

Reccomended.

Shakti Mama , it was really intersting reading your posts! Thanks for sharing so much.

Thank you. You know what makes things spiritual? You do! Things become spiritual when we make them spiritual. :)

As Glenn used to say in class, "make your every day walk your meditation walk."

Yes I did write that. I have to admit, that I have been focused on finding the vocabulary to describe my own experience to myself for years, because I am the principal beneficiary when I get the relationships right. And I always believed the idea was to change myself, and describe how I did it while I was doing it so that there would be a coherent record if anyone else needed to follow, or perhaps if I lost my mind and had to start over! Trick is, I know the words aren't really going to communicate to someone else, but a positive and substantive description of the relationships involved has a power beyond a person's conscious understanding, I believe that. It's the hypnosis of the cosmos, if you will.

I am envious of Shaktimama and Dr. Morris, and frightened at the same time. I'm only seeking the magic of waking up and falling asleep right where I am now, and yet living this life to the fullest has got to be positive, and the experiences folks describe sound awesome. Maybe I'm too timid, ha ha!

Hypnosis of the cosmos? I have been a hypnotherapist since 2001. Did you know that the more intelligent you are the easier it is to be hypnotized? Only the unimaginative have difficulties being hypnotized. This is backed up by testing.

The best coherent record is the evidence of a changed life.

Your fear is not your own. The essence of your spirit is never afraid. Your perseverance, the ability to put one foot in front of the other on your path, is all that is necessary to begin to achieve what you seek.

In Tibetan terms, it is found in the Six Yogas of Naropa. Kundalini is described in terms of "Inner Fire". The "connections" that ShaktMama are describing are found in the Tibetan practices of "Becoming Vajradhara". A couple of good books are:

The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa by Courtin, Robina; Yeshe, Lama Thubten; Cameron, Ailsa

The Six Yogas of Naropa: Tsongkhapa's Commentary by Mullin, Glenn H.

Hope that helps.

I was once led into a 4 day experience of Primordial Mind last fall. It was constant, minute by minute, second by second awareness that unfolded spontaneously once it was initiated. To gain insight into an experiential understanding of the body vehicle the ego is scrubbed clear, becoming a servant of the mind. This was beyond price. When my body realized the mind had released it, it began to yearn to become dust again.

I understood that I could drop the body vehicle and step into the Eternal immediately because nothing matters. The grasping attachments of the ego had dissolved.

"All we are is the result of what we have thought."

Now it is all play.

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." Mathew 7:6

-My 2 cents, Peace

I know but I keep at it.

Peace and deep blessings to you also.

I was once led into a 4 day experience of Primordial Mind last fall. It was constant, minute by minute, second by second awareness that unfolded spontaneously once it was initiated. To gain insight into an experiential understanding of the body vehicle the ego is scrubbed clear, becoming a servant of the mind. This was beyond price. When my body realized the mind had released it, it began to yearn to become dust again.

I understood that I could drop the body vehicle and step into the Eternal immediately because nothing matters. The grasping attachments of the ego had dissolved.

"All we are is the result of what we have thought."

Now it is all play.

Sounds like a great event. Was it like a connection that expanded into a "shared space" of silence?

Very interesting on the "body to dust". I consider my body a friend and work on integration.

Are all the attachments of the ego still gone? Ever still experience anger or irritation?

thanks. I had an amazing weekend training with a fantastic teacher.

sounds awesome!

i like marrying the hearts. Did you do that ritually, or with meditation, or just philosophically? If you don't mind my asking. I have been practicing "being poised in compassion" which is really just a phrase i made up, but working with the idea of always being ready to practice compassion. When driving, or shopping, or doing mundane things, i realized that i was kind of poised to strike or complain or just generally find things dis-satisfactory. Realizing that life can be endlessly complained about or found dis-satisfactory, i am trying to always be poised to forgive and practice compassion.

One thing that keeps popping up for me lately is the limitations of peoples beliefs. Here on TTB and in the real world, people keep telling me "i dont believe that".. someone told me just last night "i dont believe in kundalini. I've done kundalini yoga and i didn't feel anything up my spine." I had to really try to keep from laughing, but that is really the extent of their exploration into it! I guess she felt like it should be easy, or the kind of thing that one can awaken with a little effort and a couple classes. Oh well, its been a hard lesson for me, it really gets my goat! I have a hard time accepting how lost and confused some people are, and how i can't possibly do anything to help them beyond just accepting that they are ignorant and still seeing their "buddha nature" and loving them anyway

sounds awesome!

i like marrying the hearts. Did you do that ritually, or with meditation, or just philosophically? If you don't mind my asking. I have been practicing "being poised in compassion" which is really just a phrase i made up, but working with the idea of always being ready to practice compassion. When driving, or shopping, or doing mundane things, i realized that i was kind of poised to strike or complain or just generally find things dis-satisfactory. Realizing that life can be endlessly complained about or found dis-satisfactory, i am trying to always be poised to forgive and practice compassion.

One thing that keeps popping up for me lately is the limitations of peoples beliefs. Here on TTB and in the real world, people keep telling me "i dont believe that".. someone told me just last night "i dont believe in kundalini. I've done kundalini yoga and i didn't feel anything up my spine." I had to really try to keep from laughing, but that is really the extent of their exploration into it! I guess she felt like it should be easy, or the kind of thing that one can awaken with a little effort and a couple classes. Oh well, its been a hard lesson for me, it really gets my goat! I have a hard time accepting how lost and confused some people are, and how i can't possibly do anything to help them beyond just accepting that they are ignorant and still seeing their "buddha nature" and loving them anyway

That's a tough one IMO. If other people's limitations bother you. I don't know why they should, they still definitely belong to the other people for as long as the latter will accept holding on to them. I guess I ought to add a caveat about conscious acceptance, these days I wonder what mechanisms are in play to hold so many things unconscious (I could go on a rant about media, but here I am using one...)

Where I do get mucho miffed is when other people insist I should adopt their limitations when I have quite enough of my own that I'm doing - mostly my best, although not always- to rid myself of thanks. And they can do that in so many wonderous ways, right down to knocking you off the face of the planet :ph34r: This makes me hope that reincarnation is real :glare:

Note I'm not talking about 'limits' in terms of respect for others BTW, just in case that gets confused which IMO/IME a lot of 'spiritual' people do. I'm guessing that if someone isn't waking up right this minute then there is a reason for that. The above mechanisms aside, it might be to help them survive a particular passage in time (like the ego-shell did in childhood), it might be that that particular shell is needed to help others. I don't know, but I like thinking about it.

Nice to see you on TTB's Susan:-) I'm almost sure that if you told the 'right' people they'd get it :)

I'm guessing that if someone isn't waking up right this minute then there is a reason for that. The above mechanisms aside, it might be to help them survive a particular passage in time (like the ego-shell did in childhood), it might be that that particular shell is needed to help others. I don't know, but I like thinking about it.

Nice to see you on TTB's Susan:-) I'm almost sure that if you told the 'right' people they'd get it :)

Second that last.

My big thing right now is seeing that falling asleep is as important as waking up. If a person feels they are not waking up, and I mean to the full experience of life, then maybe they could use to aim at falling asleep for awhile and see how that feels. All they have to do is stay with their sense of location, as their consciousness drifts off, to fall asleep. In my experience, the same is true when I am waking up.

Reading "Zen Letters, Teachings of Yuanwu" (translated by the Cleary brothers) for a quote, and I find this:

'Although it is just this one thing that we all stand on, ultimately you yourself must mobilize and focus your energy. Only then will you really receive the use of it.' (pg 95)

That one I'm quoting for me! And here's the one I was actually looking for, for our discussion:

'You are a master of Buddhist teaching methods only when you can recognize junctures of times and patterns of causal conditions and manage not to miss real teaching opportunities.' (pg 19)

Tao Bums is an opportunity for me to teach myself, and everybody here inspires me to sit the lotus, waking up and falling asleep.

Edited by Mark Foote

Sounds like a great event. Was it like a connection that expanded into a "shared space" of silence?

Very interesting on the "body to dust". I consider my body a friend and work on integration.

Are all the attachments of the ego still gone? Ever still experience anger or irritation?

No shared space. The ego crumbled and left me wide open. Fortunately, I had someone that was assigned to watch over me for a few days because I realized that I could drop the body at any moment and continue on without it. I lost my ego's regard for survival and comfort. I actually said to someone, "It's time to leave. There is nothing that exists. Nothing matters for it is all a belief. There is no death. Only the ego fears death."

Our bodies are made of the elements of the earth held together by the mind and the survival needs of the ego. When the body dies to the earth it returns. The body is our friend but we are so often not friendly to it.

When the ego goes it becomes very apparent the body is a vehicle for holding awareness/consciousness. When the ego dissolved I could not move or control the majority of my body functions. It became apparent quickly what was an ego run body function and which was a normal expression of a living vehicle. It is like driving a car and losing control of it. Nothing works. It is like the car lost all ability to be driven. Just pulled over to the side of the road on the shoulder and stopped. I am in it but I could not get it to drive.

I learned to relax and the car started and began to drive itself. Autopilot on it's own wisdom.

No, the attachments are not gone. I am just more acutely aware of how they are wired into my experience of myself and others and this planet. They are much easier to recognize. In that recognition of being able to discern between the mind which complements the body and our existence and the ego which was created for survival and run by power-sex-greed needs is precious indeed.

So yes, anger and irritation are still experienced but just not on the level as before. I am not triggered by the same things with the same intensity. The energy charge has lowered considerably. I am acutely aware that those emotions are not who I really am but projections of the ego's belief systems. They are much easier to dissolve and then I can move on.

It's a process. I work too on embodying my spirit fully onto this planet. It's not about leaving but about living and loving.

sounds awesome!

Philosophy has never worked for me. :)

The human heart and the divine heart are actually the same because divine Consciousness exists in both. The human heart is just layered over and over deeply with judgments and beliefs about itself and others. The Divine Heart has none. So we worked on recognizing the dysfunctional beliefs and incongruency of the energetics to release and transform them so the True Essence of ourselves would naturally express itself.

We are this divine heart. We have only forgotten it is there within us.

I like what you are doing for your compassion practice. Awareness of when and why we are triggered is so important.Then we decide to respond differently instead of reacting in unawareness. Good on you.

Yes, we all have the Buddha Nature within. This is what I refer to when I speak of the Divine Heart. :) If we practice seeing that within others it is a catalyst for transformation for both ourselves and them. Even just the noticing of a spark of that is a powerful tool. All beings have Consciousness within and have this spark no matter how dark or shadowed they may look to our conventional eyes. Determine for yourself to see that within another and watch it grow as you contemplate that.

Yeah, it gets my goat, my sheep, and my freaking cat too. LOL! But in that reaction there is a clue. It is about a belief we posses that causes us to separate from the other and view them as idiotic. *raises hand here*-guilty". Once we follow back where that belief comes from, its source, then we can start releasing it.

Our beliefs are hardwired, coded into our DNA. This is passed on through our ancestors and we as the end point have an accumulation of beliefs that we didn't even know we had. This is why I sometimes say that we don't even recognize that our thoughts are really not our own thoughts.

We can influence our DNA and change it with our thoughts.

http://www.heartmath.org/templates/ihm/e-newsletter/publication/2011/summer/you-can-change-your-dna.php

ALL Beliefs are not real. Reality is what happens when we don't believe in it anymore.

• Like 2

That's a tough one IMO. If other people's limitations bother you. I don't know why they should, they still definitely belong to the other people for as long as the latter will accept holding on to them. I guess I ought to add a caveat about conscious acceptance, these days I wonder what mechanisms are in play to hold so many things unconscious (I could go on a rant about media, but here I am using one...)

Where I do get mucho miffed is when other people insist I should adopt their limitations when I have quite enough of my own that I'm doing - mostly my best, although not always- to rid myself of thanks. And they can do that in so many wonderous ways, right down to knocking you off the face of the planet :ph34r: This makes me hope that reincarnation is real :glare:

Note I'm not talking about 'limits' in terms of respect for others BTW, just in case that gets confused which IMO/IME a lot of 'spiritual' people do. I'm guessing that if someone isn't waking up right this minute then there is a reason for that. The above mechanisms aside, it might be to help them survive a particular passage in time (like the ego-shell did in childhood), it might be that that particular shell is needed to help others. I don't know, but I like thinking about it.

I love the way you look at things. It always tweaks my mind.

I have to get it first. That's all that's really important.

:lol:

Second that last.

My big thing right now is seeing that falling asleep is as important as waking up. If a person feels they are not waking up, and I mean to the full experience of life, then maybe they could use to aim at falling asleep for awhile and see how that feels. All they have to do is stay with their sense of location, as their consciousness drifts off, to fall asleep. In my experience, the same is true when I am waking up.

Reading "Zen Letters, Teachings of Yuanwu" (translated by the Cleary brothers) for a quote, and I find this:

'Although it is just this one thing that we all stand on, ultimately you yourself must mobilize and focus your energy. Only then will you really receive the use of it.' (pg 95)

That one I'm quoting for me! And here's the one I was actually looking for, for our discussion:

'You are a master of Buddhist teaching methods only when you can recognize junctures of times and patterns of causal conditions and manage not to miss real teaching opportunities.' (pg 19)

Tao Bums is an opportunity for me to teach myself, and everybody here inspires me to sit the lotus, waking up and falling asleep.

At any time we are where we are supposed to be in our journey. To get caught up in whether ourselves or others are not moving fast enough or too fast does us all a dis-service. To be concerned about the location of where we are on our journey means we are living in the past or the future which neither one exists right now. We will miss those teaching opportunities if we don't remain in the present.

No shared space. The ego crumbled and left me wide open. Fortunately, I had someone that was assigned to watch over me for a few days because I realized that I could drop the body at any moment and continue on without it. I lost my ego's regard for survival and comfort. I actually said to someone, "It's time to leave. There is nothing that exists. Nothing matters for it is all a belief. There is no death. Only the ego fears death."

No, the attachments are not gone. I am just more acutely aware of how they are wired into my experience of myself and others and this planet. They are much easier to recognize. In that recognition of being able to discern between the mind which complements the body and our existence and the ego which was created for survival and run by power-sex-greed needs is precious indeed.

So yes, anger and irritation are still experienced but just not on the level as before. I am not triggered by the same things with the same intensity. The energy charge has lowered considerably. I am acutely aware that those emotions are not who I really am but projections of the ego's belief systems. They are much easier to dissolve and then I can move on.

It's a process. I work too on embodying my spirit fully onto this planet. It's not about leaving but about living and loving.

Thank you for your response, but if you don't mind, some followup...

By "shared space", I meant how the retreat (or guru) helped you to experience the "egoless" state. Was there a "connection" that expanded into a "merge" with the leader or group? In essence, sharing a "bubble of silence"?

Also, with things that still cause anger or irritation, since you cant stop them in the moment, are you able to permanently "let-go" of them after the fact? Or, do the persist with less intensity?

Thanks again.

Thank you for your response, but if you don't mind, some followup...

By "shared space", I meant how the retreat (or guru) helped you to experience the "egoless" state. Was there a "connection" that expanded into a "merge" with the leader or group? In essence, sharing a "bubble of silence"?

Also, with things that still cause anger or irritation, since you cant stop them in the moment, are you able to permanently "let-go" of them after the fact? Or, do the persist with less intensity?

Thanks again.

I was with a master shaman and we were using sacramental plant medicine. Much quicker than sitting with a guru. It was ceremonial ritual and we had to enter into that space with intent. My intent was for liberation, to become free.

All the filters between what we think is and what is were almost instantly destroyed. It is the fast track and brutal. I do not recommend it for the general public or the dilettante. I don't recommend it for the beginner or even a moderately advanced student.

It was beyond powerful but not all present had the same experience or paid the price of being brutally savaged by the hard light of Consciousness. There was no escape, no place to hide. The ego crumbled under the constant 3 hour onslaught of the diamond hard Awareness flogging my mind and my body. I will say again, it was brutal, cruel, and savaging of all and any of my beliefs about myself, others, and the Universe. Jai Kali Ma.

I lay, curled in the dirt and dead leaves almost face down on the forest floor, flies buzzing around my body as my breath slowed to the point of stopping. I could not move and I barely breathed as my mind emptied of any thoughts. My fingernails and toe nails were ragged and torn from my body clawing into the dirt trying to find escape from the presence of Consciousness as the ego died. I even lost the desire for relief and help. Then came the realization there is nothing but That which cannot be named. The only desire I had left was to dissolve and be one with That and to lose all self knowledge and self awareness that was ever accumulated. It was a desire stronger than thirst, stronger than the desire to be alive. If there had been some way to end my life at that moment I would have done it because my life/body/ego was keeping me a prisoner in this false reality created by beliefs. The bald faced need to re unite in Oneness with All That Is was and is beyond description. No words exist to convey that force in that experience to return to where we began, where Consciousness first knew Itself. My teacher held my body as my soul wept to return to That. Nothing mattered. Not family, not friends, not career, the planet, not god, NOTHING.

With a human teacher there is always the opportunity to hide or ask for mercy. Not with plant medicine.

``````

as for the other inquiry.

I am aware of, in the moment, of the irritation and the anger. I then chose whether to address it or not. Before I had no choice but was just swept along in the emotion. In my experiences of life, I know myself to be eternal and having lived in multitudes of dimensions and universes across space and time. I carry all those experiences, energetic imprints, agreements, decisions into this present life stream.

Layers upon layers are revealed and dissolved as I place the light of Conscious Awareness upon these discordant energies we call irritation and anger. To think that freedom and liberation will be instantaneous is a trap of temporal thinking of this dimension. It is a process and there is no schedule.

Progress is slow in context with what people desire but it's unfolding. ;)^_^

• Like 2

yeah its one of those irrational quirks about my mind right now.. consciously, i am aware that we are all right where we need to be, even if we are holding incorrect beliefs, quagmired in delusions, etc. But some deeper part of my brain gets kinda turned off by even talking to people who are convinced, for example, that the modern scientific approach to phenomena is sufficient to understand mystical accomplishments. And it must be something in the planets or something because it has come up in real life and on TTB multiple times in the last week or two, just right in my face, like "HI! some people think life is really normal!! wake up to that fact!" lol its just a lesson im learning right now yknow :)

yeah its like misery loves company

i think thats the main point, that other people, limits or no, are going through the karmic passage that they need to go through at that time, and my ego and its "you should be free dammit!" is really just the play of my own selfish imposition onto reality. It all comes from lack of acceptance and the imposition of imputed terms onto things which are probably just right just the way they are :)

thanks for the reminder, refreshing!

ALL Beliefs are not real. Reality is what happens when we don't believe in it anymore.

thanks for talking a little about the divine heart, and for that article too! neat stuff. I forget how powerful the heart is. I was meditating a couple weeks ago and doing something based in my head, i forget just what, but all of a sudden, i saw two lungs and they started coming towards me and as they zoomed in there was a heart in the center and it kept getting closer until my POV was right in the middle of the heart. A voice said "this is where your mind is!"

its certainly worth the effort to repattern ourselves and overwrite all the false paradigms we have been ingrained with!

thanks for the encouragement

Hi ShatkiMama,

Thank you for the love of sharing your experience. It is very profound and beautiful. Your statement of, "I know myself to be eternal", answers my question about your experience and perspective. As you said, issues like anger & irritation are just obstructions in the flow. Let the issues go and there is no automatic ego response to experience.

• Like 1