Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

The Tao Bums Name

I was closest to being a bum when I was backpacking through Israel and Europe. Nothing but time, and an open attitude, letting the roads and circumstances take me where they would. Bum is definately close to the Taoist ideal in my book.

Michael

Cool discussion. One of the ways I like to think of The Tao Bums name is the idea that the Tao itself bums. The Tao, expressing itself in 10,000 ways, naturally is sometimes is a human just chilling out, taking a break from all the very serious business of pursuing the Tao (which is already itself expressing itself as a seeker) ... takes a load off, cracks a beer, maybe gets a barbeque going, fires up the wi-fi laptop and logs into thetaobums.com to shoot the shit with the rest of the gang. :D

Sean

Cool discussion. One of the ways I like to think of The Tao Bums name is the idea that the Tao itself bums. The Tao, expressing itself in 10,000 ways, naturally is sometimes is a human just chilling out, taking a break from all the very serious business of pursuing the Tao (which is already itself expressing itself as a seeker) ... takes a load off, cracks a beer, maybe gets a barbeque going, fires up the wi-fi laptop and logs into thetaobums.com to shoot the shit with the rest of the gang. :D

Sean

This is my latest taoist experiment...

26.gif

I think it's starting to work.

Edited by el_tortugo

Is this a clip of you tortugo? See that is a little too active for what I am getting at. We're talking about eating a few dozen hot dogs (or tofu dogs, whatever) ... skip the ab work, get a good relaxed belly hangin', you know, one that is starting to pull up your t-shirt a little ... cultivating some gut-pride here. ;)

Sean

Is this a clip of you tortugo? See that is a little too active for what I am getting at. We're talking about eating a few dozen hot dogs (or tofu dogs, whatever) ... skip the ab work, get a good relaxed belly hangin', you know, one that is starting to pull up your t-shirt a little ... cultivating some gut-pride here. ;)

Sean

Though this may not be me per se, I have nearly mastered the technique. It is actually very similar to your idea. The trick is to both be working the abs while letting them relax right down.... full of what have you.

it is very tricky.... you never know what hit you.

Edited by el_tortugo

Wow this thread turned into a "who is the biggest bum" compteition.

Now we even have people humping beach balls in regards to the Ta Bums Name! You think your cool tortuga?

I'll show you cosmic bum action....

340a.jpg

VS.

god.jpg

I think it's starting to work.

el tortugo - you've always got the coolest images in your avatars - have you got a website? (I just discovered your blog - looks great!)

I like the Tao Bums name - especially since 'bum' in britain means 'ass' - so when GT says something like "I'll show you cosmic bum action" it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl ^_^

I think we're bums because we dont quite fit in to the taoist mainstream - most of our discussions veer between all kinds of topics - from politics to gardening to nutrition to 'bum action' (aneros anyone?)

GT - you could look at this like pre-science... every scientist has to relax and discuss what's on hir mind, get inspiration for further experiments etc - I think of this place as Archimedes' bath, once we relax in the warm waters of Tao Bums, we can find our greatest inspirations without even looking for them...

Dear Senor Turtle,

What is that yr doin? Do you bounce the ball with yr legs or roll that ball around pivoting on yr hands or slide back-n-forth on the top of it, or were you just falling off of it there!? I've seen trained bears walk around, rolling on balls like that. So, what is the experiment? It sounds abdominal and may be abominable in a small apartment...

Keep 'er rollin!

el tortugo - you've always got the coolest images in your avatars - have you got a website? (I just discovered your blog - looks great!)

Thank you freeform,

Yes, I have no website at the moment. I am busy with school and am keeping up two blogs regularly, the one that you saw and this one. They are pretty much findings along the way of study and research for school. One is a little more serious that the other.

Maybe there is some connection between bums and the lunar calander?

and if you guys should tire of playing with your bums try some Iron Penis qi gong...

page6_10.jpg

...or yoga.

Tortugo - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even have one, and it looks painful. :lol:

I'm guessing that too much of that qi gong would make a candycane outta his manhood.

Its incredible to see those dudes with the dreads and the balls hanging. Mostly id think of Chia doing that, and people pulling floats in parades with their balls in various countries...but saddus (they are called?) in India? I suppose it makes sense as Bodhi Dharma is from India, you think that dude is trying to wash his bone marrows?

Sign in to follow this