Vmarco

Right Wing War Against LGBT's

I have read a number of comments from the gay community that have similar views as yourself regarding marriage and have no idea where it is coming from.

Even to the point of anger... as in who the **** is speaking for us?

I have similar views regarding marrigage as yourself.

**** the government.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

just another excuse to spend money and update the government on what you are doing. my partner is my best friend. that's great for us, we don't need or want the papers

• Like 4

would also like to point out there is a difference between being gay and being "in the community"

in the gay community, the promotion of excessive levels of unhealthy sexual practice is overwhelming

by gay community i mean people who actively seek out other gay people, go to clubs, etc

• Like 4

I am amazed that turtle shell wrote this...

Vortex, gaito and timelessness 'liked' it.

Gaito, that is me pointing out your Homophobia by the way.

No

That's you pointing out your prejudices regarding what you imaging I'm saying

• Like 3

Personally, I think that you

just another excuse to spend money and update the government on what you are doing. my partner is my best friend. that's great for us, we don't need or want the papers

Personally, I think that you should have the right to them whether you want them or not.

No

That's you pointing out your prejudices regarding what you imaging I'm saying

I meant to say type: -

No.

That's you pointing out your prejudices regarding what you imagine I'm saying

@ Seth Ananda

I'm glad that you're now talking to me instead of about me.

I'm happy to discuss these issues with you further in friendship Seth but not otherwise.

@ Seth Ananda

I'm glad that you're now talking to me instead of about me.

I'm happy to discuss these issues with you further in friendship Seth but not otherwise.

It will be nice to see the discussion.

• Like 2

An education regarding gay marriage/marriage equality, and the reasons why it is as much about equal rights as it is about shared love & commitment between two human beings.

Edited by Sanzon

I don't understand why people who have declared themselves heterosexual would take it upon themselves to 'educate' homosexuals. If the aim is education about promiscuity and lifestyle 'choices' for all, why not just discuss those issues without making them about a particular group of people? I'd leave it up to people who are homosexual or straight to weigh in on their own. But it seems to me there is (yet again) a bizarre desire on the part of some people to comment and discuss (towards what aim is unclear) the behaviour of other people whose behaviour the former do not share.

• Like 2

I don't understand why people who have declared themselves heterosexual would take it upon themselves to 'educate' homosexuals. If the aim is education about promiscuity and lifestyle 'choices' for all, why not just discuss those issues without making them about a particular group of people? I'd leave it up to people who are homosexual or straight to weigh in on their own. But it seems to me there is (yet again) a bizarre desire on the part of some people to comment and discuss (towards what aim is unclear) the behaviour of other people whose behaviour the former do not share.

Thank you ... that's the most level headed comment for a while.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2013 at 9:34 PM, vortex said:

Oh please, let's not subject another poor group to this, now! :lol:

I actually think that marriage should be delegalized for ALL. IOW, not made legal or illegal - but self-defined as an outdated cultural relic with no legal status. I think it's problematic to begin with because it very arguably mixes Church & State (never a good combo!).

So, why not just make "civil unions/financial mergers" between any individuals legal for all those who might want it - and then allow "marriage" (a very culturally-loaded concept) to be an entirely separate, deregulated, non-legally-binding tradition like a Bar Mitzvah?

Edited by zanshin

Personally, I think that you

Personally, I think that you should have the right to them whether you want them or not.

personally, i don't believe in rights. i believe in people arguing and fighting until one person gets what they want and a bunch of essentially worthless morality being masqueraded around as an excuse to be an asshole. We are animals. Take what you want, or not. But don't pretend anyone owes anything to anyone else.

Flo, we all have an intrinsic, divine, natural right. we all share it. we all have it. But unfortunately, I don't know any nation or "civilized" community that uses free will as law. HOWEVER it is the only law I can acknowledge as having authority, period.

Flo, we all have an intrinsic, divine, natural right. we all share it. we all have it. But unfortunately, I don't know any nation or "civilized" community that uses free will as law. HOWEVER it is the only law I can acknowledge as having authority, period.

sounds nice on paper but just saying you have a right wont get you what you want. Sorry, but you HAVE to fight for that.

• Like 1

personally, i don't believe in rights. i believe in people arguing and fighting until one person gets what they want and a bunch of essentially worthless morality being masqueraded around as an excuse to be an asshole. We are animals. Take what you want, or not. But don't pretend anyone owes anything to anyone else.

While I respect your opinion, I have other friends who got married almost instantly as a statement of what they believe in.

I'm afraid that friends in the real world take priority over you, my friend.

Sorry

needing to make a statement = ego gratification in my book

Perhaps.

I don't know and I don't care - they're my friends.

• Like 1

sounds nice on paper but just saying you have a right wont get you what you want. Sorry, but you HAVE to fight for that.

the very ability TO fight is that right in action. free will is something we all possess uniformly. it is our intrinsic right.

i'm all for your friends getting what they want and being happy. Just because i don't believe in rights doesn't mean i'm some cold heartless asshole. The situation is funny to me. Most things are hilarious to me, especially peoples notions about how the world should be. i wish my dog shit rainbows, but if i dwell on that for the rest of my life i will never be free or happy

• Like 1