Vmarco

Right Wing War Against LGBT's

Turtle shell,

For someone who demands others treat them with respect, you really don't feel others need to be treated with respect by you. This is kind of weird and a bit hypocritical.

Not sure what you mean, Aaron. How am I disrespectful to anyone? Please answer. I don't take away anyone's human rights...I fight for them in whatever way I can, regardless of who they are. I attempt to make people feel welcome in this world.

I'm not "against" gay marriage at all.

• Like 1

If I post some links to levels of domestic violence, depression and heart attacks in married heterosexual people will you support me in trying to make marriage illegal?

Of course not. But it will make any sensible person think twice about marriage, and at least be very cautious...then after a while, we could see married people not having those symptoms, due to their caution.

Not saying anything about gay marriage. I think they should be "allowed" to, no question. I think it's wrong that there are people who are not "allowing" very simple and harmless things, which really affect no one else.

You condemn gay people for high levels of STDs and so on ... and then are against gay marriage or civil partnerships which would allow more long term settled relationships.

If you were addressing me in any way, I don't know where you're getting your information from. I'm not against gay marriage or civil partnerships at all. And saying that gay people tend to have higher levels of STDs is not condemning them. It's similar to constructive criticism.

• Like 1

It is impossible to reason with the unreasonable...

You will be labelled a hater / troll/ or white if you provide anything that even remotely looks / sounds like a rational argument.

:lol:

• Like 1

Of course not. But it will make any sensible person think twice about marriage, and at least be very cautious...then after a while, we could see married people not having those symptoms, due to their caution.

Not saying anything about gay marriage. I think they should be "allowed" to, no question. I think it's wrong that there are people who are not "allowing" very simple and harmless things, which really affect no one else.

If you were addressing me in any way, I don't know where you're getting your information from. I'm not against gay marriage or civil partnerships at all. And saying that gay people tend to have higher levels of STDs is not condemning them. It's similar to constructive criticism.

No I was replying to White Wolf who was posting links about health risk from gay lifestyle.

My point is that any life style has health risks ... so the links are redundant in terms of the lifestyle itself.

I would go along with the idea that being gay is not a choice ... people are born gay and its in nature too in the animal world ... so gay people should have equal rights in every sense.

• Like 1

Gotta disagree with those saying its all nature and no nurture - life's circumstances have no impact on whether or not one is gay? That's an absolutist point of view on the subject and has no more merit than claims that "the gay lifestyle" is inherently dangerous. (Because the true danger is a promiscuous lifestyle, gay or straight.)

• Like 5

You condemn gay people for high levels of STDs and so on ... and then are against gay marriage or civil partnerships which would allow more long term settled relationships.

Oh please, let's not subject another poor group to this, now! :lol:

I actually think that marriage should be delegalized for ALL. IOW, not made legal or illegal - but self-defined as an outdated cultural relic with no legal status. I think it's problematic to begin with because it very arguably mixes Church & State (never a good combo!).

So, why not just make "civil unions/financial mergers" between any individuals legal for all those who might want it - and then allow "marriage" (a very culturally-loaded concept) to be an entirely separate, deregulated, non-legally-binding tradition like a Bar Mitzvah?

As far as promiscuity, I think many men in general (as a statistical collective) are as promiscuous as they can/want to be. For straight men, this is artificially-limited by the greater reluctance of women (in general) to have sex as indiscriminately and freely as men would like...

However, gay men don't have this bottleneck. As a result, YES, they are (collectively) farrrrr more promiscuous because they CAN BE. Easily. Even some no-name gay Joe can get laid more than than the biggest straight alpha male with women...ergo:

the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101-500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than 1000 lifetime sexual partners

Among married females 85% reported sexual fidelity. Among married men, 75.5% reported sexual fidelity. Among homosexual males in their current relationship, 4.5% reported sexual fidelity.

rates of HIV infection among gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more than 44 times higher than rates among heterosexual men and more than 40 times higher than women. Rates of syphilis, an STD that can facilitate HIV infection and if left untreated, may lead to sight loss and severe damage to the nervous system, are reported to be more than 46 times higher among gay men and other MSM than among heterosexual men and more than 71 times higher than among women.

The average HIV transmission rate during anal sex is estimated to be 18 times higher than the rate during vaginal intercourse. The risk of acquiring HIV during an act of unprotected anal intercourse is estimated to be 1.4 percent.

Now, even if some gay men remain faithfully monogamous - this data is still good for them to know because of whom they might sleep with (overall, a very high-risk group). So, I don't see anything wrong with disseminating such relevant health info? In fact, when used for health education and not to "judge," this vital information can actually only be VERY HELPFUL to anyone who chooses to engage in such practices!

Of course, let's not fully equate homosexuality = promiscuity either, because that would just be a logical fallacy...

Anyhow, there may be a fine line between homophilia and homophobia - and extreme positions in general. When one's needle gets pegged too far to either end of the polemic, it may often say more about one's own confirmation bias (and personal issues) than a more impartial, unvested view. It also seems that particularly in the former British Empire, such "identity" issues have become so emotionally-charged now that it becomes very difficult to have any sensible, sober discussion about them?

Edited by vortex
  • Like 2

So I ask the question, if homosexuality is a life style choice, then why the hell would someone in Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Mississippi choose to be gay? The fact is there are genetic markers that have been found that show homosexuality is very much a genetic predisposition, however that doesn't mean that someone with those markers will be gay, only that they are predisposed. With that said I think it's a bit of column A and B, but that in the end it doesn't matter, because no one should be able to discriminate against someone else because of their sexual orientation. That's the bottom line and the one most homophobics seem to miss.

Aaron

• Like 4

It is impossible to reason with the unreasonable...

You will be labelled a hater / troll/ or white if you provide anything that even remotely looks / sounds like a rational argument.

:lol:

Or white? Trolling a bit now? If you're going to troll at least be more subtle than that. This is a ridiculous and immature comment that seems to be made out of desperation, rather than any logical or reasonable evidence.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

I think the right wing is basically at war with anyone who isn't a white christian american male, or the women who subserviantly gestate and birth their babies (godpleaseletitbeaboy)

cept for the closeted ones! hahaaha

it is a shame.

the problem with the right wing is that people actually associate them with god and jesus and spiritual truth. HAHAHHAHAHA

Aaron that comment was made in regard to ^^^

Page 1 of the discussion.

• Like 1

So I ask the question, if homosexuality is a life style choice, then why the hell would someone in Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Mississippi choose to be gay? The fact is there are genetic markers that have been found that show homosexuality is very much a genetic predisposition, however that doesn't mean that someone with those markers will be gay, only that they are predisposed. With that said I think it's a bit of column A and B, but that in the end it doesn't matter, because no one should be able to discriminate against someone else because of their sexual orientation. That's the bottom line and the one most homophobics seem to miss.

Aaron

This is a very good question...

Why do people do anything?

The spiritual path is about overcoming desires... ?

To the point where some for example deny sex completely...

How do these people overcome such?

Why do they choose to conquer such desires...

Where does choice come from...

Are people born drug addicts for example, or it that a choice?

Are people genetically disposed toward murder, or is that a choice?

Or love gardening etc...? where does this all come from...

It is my belief at present that we ultimately choose.

As you think so shall you become - Bruce Lee

As we think, so we become - Buddha

And for all those lovers of Christ out there...

Proverbs 23:7 (King James Version) "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:"

^ I stumbled upon that one looking for the Bruce Lee one ;)

Mind over matter.

Some believe they are a victim/ without choice

Others believe they control their own path (this isn't the easiest path)

He who conquers himself is Mighty - Lao Tzu

In terms fo genetics... I don't believe at present such is the case...

As Homosexuals can not procreate.

Genetics is related to woman + man =

I believe it may be a result of environmental factors some of which may change biology.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Vortex and turtle shell 'liked' this post.

The above was written by homosexuals.

Doesn't harm anyone?

Perhaps you should read these before making such misinformed claims... in terms of evidence.

I'll post again...

I once supported such "liberal" views, I once supported gay marriage... then I realized I actually knew nothing about the lifestyle... what was it that I was supporting?

So I did some research.

Also take note... I live with 2 lesbians, there is no such thing as hate just 1 disagreement about a CHOICE...

Not everyone agrees about everything... no need to say it really? haha

The topic was raised once very calming, they understand my position... I understand theirs... and that was that... everything is good.

Never mentioned again.

You can desist with childish antics...

This is about a choice...

People are able to make better choices when they are informed...

I am simply here to dispel ignorance...

If after reading the below you still wish to participate in such behaviours that is your choice... and I respect that.

What I don't respect is people trying to hide the facts... and in so doing causing unnecessary harm.

This is called SEXUAL EDUCATION.

The Negative Health Effects of Homosexuality + Heterosexual relationships are also mention in one of these links regarding the practice of anal sex.

If some of you practice such... if you really love your partner you will educate yourself and your partner about such things. If after reading...both of you still wish to practice such things... that is your choice.

http://www.lifesiten...r-vaccinations/

http://www.narth.com...ealthrisks.html

http://www.allaboutl...xual-health.htm

http://www.jettandja...-homosexuality/

http://factsaboutyou...xual-lifestyle/

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=Is01B1

http://www.british-i...ay marriage.htm

http://www.zenit.org...sexual-behavior

• Like 2

There is definitely something to the idea that gay (men, at least) tend to be STD-ridden. I saw this for myself while working in a certain health care setting.

That being said...I think there should be equal human rights for all people, and that everyone should be accepted and forgiven no matter what. There is no need to make people feel like garbage, and like they aren't welcome in the world. Lets get on with life.

I am amazed that turtle shell wrote this...

Vortex, gaito and timelessness 'liked' it.

Gaito, that is me pointing out your Homophobia by the way.

Its good to reflect and speak on the negative elements of belief systems, religions and cultural idiosyncrasy's. This is not always bigotry, and may in fact be common sense, or highly Important to our planetary survival.

These things can be negative, and highly destructive to our world.

Like Race though, being Gay {usually} is not a choice and can not be helped.

This puts it in a different box. One can not fairly critique someone for something that can not be helped in any way, and doing so constitutes bigotry of exactly the same calibre as a KKK member hating a man because of his colour.

Most of you here, unknowingly or not, are just as bigoted as a member of the KKK.

In damning someone for being Gay, or painting a negative stereotype of Gays, you are telling them that they are inherently negative on some level - which they have no control over.

It is not a belief system for them, it is not a religion or a cultural thing, it is who they are. As Nature made them.

And the fact that 'spiritual' people here, wish to support and contribute to a hideous scale of cultural hatred and bigotry is quite disturbing.

A phobia (from the Greek: 蠁蠈尾慰蟼, Ph贸bos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is, when used in the context of clinical psychology, a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational. In the event the phobia cannot be avoided entirely, the sufferer will endure the situation or object with marked distress and significant interference in social or occupational activities.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia

I find this definition by Google... rather odd.

ho路mo路pho路bi路a

/藢h艒m蓹藞f艒b膿蓹/
Noun

An extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

Since when did phobia = aversion.

When definitions are being distorted ... there is always an agenda.

a路rach路no路pho路bi路a

/蓹藢rakn蓹藞f艒b膿蓹/
Noun

Extreme or irrational fear of spiders.

///

Point being homophobia is non existent here / no validity to the claim.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

i am a gay male.

i think all marriage is a pathetic quest for government benefits and ego-recognition.

i am in a monogamous relationship for life, so no std risk here.

years ago i became damaged from anal, i fully acknowledge negative health effects.

i believe being gay is a combination of choice and influence for me, while i have met others that have been one or the other.

the gender dysphoria thing confuses and sometimes upsets me. i acknowledge that i am a male with female personality aspects, and that everyone is a ratio of male and female.

flaunting of sexuality gets a massive eyeroll from me

Edited by Flolfolil
  • Like 5