findley

If you're spirituality is not rational, how do you keep from getting scammed?

~~~~~~ Mod Message ~~~~~~~

Findley has been permanently banned for abusive and inappropriate posts.

He has been suspended before for similar behavior.

He was warned yesterday and responded to the warning with a verbal attack.

~~~~~~~ Mod Out ~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 3

And is a placebo practitioner really necessary? Can't you just act as if you did treatment, without doing any healing?

Actually, it would be necessary. The reason is that once a person has put time & effort into practicing a real neigong & medical qigong system (as opposed to reading a book and thinking they actually know anything about it), their energy body changes to the point that there is a magnetic induction type of effect that can't be separated. It would need an independent non-practitioner.

Other weaknesses:

- pain relief as measure of healing success. What was the verifiable medical effect?

Actually pain relief is a verifiable by subjective scale "effect" reported daily in medical clinics. The physician does take this into account as a part of the success of a treatment. They utilize the same 1-10 scale as used in the minor study Kempomaster did. I guarantee that people who have pain and go in for any type of procedure that does not include pain relief will not consider the procedure successful.

I often wonder why "scientific verifiable studies" are considered more important or help in higher esteem than history of use. To me, history of use is FAR more important than any type of study could be. Look at the number of drugs that were double-blind (IMO doubly blind) "scientifically proven" to be safe and have statistical efficacy and later, through history of use, found to be dangerous and some with no efficacy.

Medical qigong has a rich and vivid history of use in China and is beginning to rack up a significant history of use here in the USA and in other countries. I personally have over 35 years clinic history of use with a significantly high result rate and I can absolutely guarantee that the many millions of people with pain syndromes who spend the many billions in the USA alone don't care about anything except the pain relief happening. Yes, we see verifiable results as most of these people are also under the care of a licensed physician.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

I agree that long time experience with something is more valuable. I think though that most studies done on drugs that later show to be harmful are corrupted in the first place. Relatively few honestly didn't consider additional factors that came into play, but in that case, often the basic approach of using that method was questionable to begin with.

It's also amazing (and I've heard a Chinese in exile say this too) how arrogant the west is regarding the east. The east has thousands of years of experience in areas where the west has more like hundreds, but our world is still very big and Asia is far away, so the ignorance-machine works well and the immature calls the mature silly and deluded. People tend to use the stereotype of the 'dumb American' who has no idea about geography, but regarding culture, it's pretty much the same relation between, say, Europe and China.

I guess it simply will take a while for those cultures to come together and get to know each other.

And when the world has grown together and learned to respect every facet, maybe then extraterrestrials will visit us and the whole mess will start again with humankind vs. them. :lol: When people talk about "lesson learned", they can be so mistaken. Adapting out of coerced necessity is not solid learning.

I thought I would follow up on the post about scientific development--

for the fellows who believe that rationality is not important in your spiritual practice, how do you keep from getting scammed by all the fakes, liars, cheats out there who want to make money off of your devotion?

It's not so much about being rational as it is using common sense and connecting to your insight.

Having said that, you do have a specific issue that I would like to clear. You have a karma (from your spiritual experiences, other time and space) of cheating and scamming others. This is why it bothers you the way it does. So we just make you strong to all of your experiences of cheating, scamming, and lying to others, 100% with infinite potential. Then we just delete weakness down to zero to the power of minus infinity.

Happy trails!

@Friend

Interesting. I haven't heard that side of the story before. What I've heard is that he said if he stopped healing, he'd burn up inside, and that probably drove him to push the legal limits of his activity instead of choosing a somewhat more skillful and relaxed approach.

Edited by Owledge

It's also amazing (and I've heard a Chinese in exile say this too) how arrogant the west is regarding the east. The east has thousands of years of experience in areas where the west has more like hundreds...

I laugh big time every time I hear a chiropractor in US say chiropractic invented bone manipulation. Can't say how many have actually said that, but quite a few.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

I think there's also an ancient Chinese medical text about how to do heart surgery.

• Like 1

I think there's also an ancient Chinese medical text about how to do heart surgery.

Rhinoplasty was developed in ancient India, and much of what we still do today is from what they developed then.

And cited as so btw I think...

Rhinoplasty was developed in ancient India, and much of what we still do today is from what they developed then.

And cited as so btw I think...

That's fascinating! It's good for us modern folk to keep in mind how smart the ancients really were...helps keep us from getting too arrogant. ^.^

Follow-up report on my appointment with the horses over last weekend.

A personal belief transformation for one of those that own the horses.

On my 1st trip to this horse farm I had been invited by the Veterinarian that is co-owner of the horses. Her husband would be the other co-owner. The Vet had previous experience with my treating a beagle owned by one of her clients and the treatment was done in succession over 2 consecutive days. To shorten the beagle story - he had sustained a severe injury to his spine - causing severe pain, resulting in the dog screaming to the poit that he had to be sedated. I was asked to treat and did so - with Taoist Medicine as taught to me by Michael Lomax. Well the treatment worked marvelously - the beagle had a full recovery and was able to go home to his owner with no further relapse.

So, the Vet invited me to treat one of their horses - Killian. Killian had a problem with his right SI joint and had several individuals attempt to help him with no luck (Chiropractor, acupuncturist, and Equine Vet). Now within 5 minutes of my arrival as I was getting ready to treat the horse - the co-owner/husband walked by and gave me the look -- ok, you snake oil salesman, I am not sure what you are selling but I am not to keen on you touching my horses. That is what I thought the look said anyway. The other co-owner/Vet - confirmed that her husband wasn't to keen on me treating - he didn't think it would help.

After the 1st treatment - the horse was walking substantially better - he had been dragging the right rear foot and it appeared the large bump/mis-alignment of the right SI joint was moving back in place. The husband walked by and did comment that it looked better but we'd see. So, I completed 2 additional treatments and the horse had a full recovery. He no longer dragged the right rear foot and allowed the owner/Vet saddle him and ride him for the 1st time in two years. The Vet was amazed at the results and the co-owner/husband actually had started to talk to me and openly admitted that the Taoist Medicine certainly appeared to help the horse.

Well, what took me out to the horse farm this past weekend was a student of mine and Michael's said he wanted to learn more about treating animals and would like to try treating horses. So, I asked the Vet if we could stop out and give Killian a Tune-up. She agreed. I started the treatment - got Killian nice and relaxed - horses smack their lips a lot when they get relaxed and yawn extremely big (becomes rather comical). So the student got a chance to work on horses - turns out it was the 1st time he'd ever been around a horse. We just projected calmness to the horse before and during treatment and both student and horse were fine.

The Vet mentioned that her husband was upset that she hadn't told him I was coming as he wanted to talk to me. Really? Well he walked by again about the time we were finishing up on Killian and asked me if I'd mine taking a look at Paydon - his horse that he rides all the time. He said he's been squealing and bucking during and after getting rode and that wasn't like him. So I agreed to treat Paydon.

Again, I used the Taoist Medicine and noticed that the area around Paydon's back where the saddle goes on was out of balance. So, I treated and Paydon was a great patient. He stood patiently. And I learned a few things about horses - stand close, so if they kick you it doesn't hurt as bad. I explained I kept an energetic connection with Paydon with my non-treatment hand while treating. Neither horse acted as if they wanted to kick me. I also learned that because horse can't see behind them they will give you an ear. Paydon turned his ear back to me depending on which side I was treating from. The owner/husband - commented oh my he's getting relaxed now. Paydon started smacking his lips then he started the big yawn and his big eyes started getting heavy. I completed the treatment and suggested I might treat 1 or 2 more times.

With that the owner/husband started asking lot's of questions about Medical Qigong and Taoist Medicine - what sort of things can it help. I knew immediately he was referring to himself. " Can it help an ankle that's been badly broken and has screws in it that causes the person with it constant pain?" I asked on a scale of 1 - 10 what was the pain - he replied a 15. I answered I could definitely try to help - so he ran right over to a bench, sat down, and took off his boot to reveal a badly damaged ankle and foot! But - wait a minute, he couldn't want the snake oil salesman to treat him could he?

Yes - he wanted treated right away. So, I used energy projection to all of the channels in the foot, ankle, leg, Projected Qi, Pulled Sick Qi -- watched his foot start vibrating and kick sick Qi out. All said, I projected and worked on the damaged anle foot for about 10 minutes.

Immediate results: The swelling in the ankle and foot reduced to near normal and the color returned from greenish/purple to near normal. The patient commented - wow, my foot is cold (result of clearing out sick Qi from the channels)

Follow-up results: One day later I got a phone call -- wasn't sure who it was. The person on the other end of the phone was so excited telling me how they had worked a 12 hour day and afterwords had no swelling or pain in their ankle or feet. It wasn't until he told me that the horse - Paydon - was also substantially better and didn't buck or squeal after he had gotten rode on Sunday that I understood who I was talking to. So, now he wanted me to come back out and treat his whole body for pain - he explained he was so tired of trying to get rid of pain and struggling with it every day that this glimpse of no pain had him hopeful for the future.

Now - thats a transformation. Pain relief that makes a difference in a person's life and gives them hope. It reaffirms for me what I am doing out here really makes a difference. Too often we take a lot of grief when we try to explain to people how Medical Qigong works and what dis-eases it can help. This is a daily struggle - but give me one transformation and i am re-energized to tell the next 10,000 people how this amazing treatment can help.

Thanks for reading.

Kempomaster

• Like 2

Hot damn! That's a helluva story, Kempomaster!

If I wasn't keen on seeing what I can do for myself with Kunlun, I'd be beating down your door for a treatment! :lol:

Oh! Actually...I have a friend with a sick wolf. Would it be possible to arrange a distance healing? Just let me know what I have to do. ^.^

Thank you for writing your horse story, Kempomaster.

I must say, I am surprised how a healing approach that seems to be very much focused on projecting and drawing out chi can heal problems of such severe physical nature. In your experience, are there cases where it doesn't work that well? Would you distinguish between cases where a physical injury itself causes the pain and cases where a messed up energy is more at the root of the problem, maybe from the injury's trauma preventing one to let go of the problem?

Can you talk a bit about the spectrum of your healing abilities? I'm very curious about the different layers of illness and at what layer what type of healing is possible. Some say the psyche is more powerful and closer to the root of illness than chi imbalances, but what if the chi imbalance, when fixed, can also fix the psyche. Those are the questions going on in my mind. What would you say are the borderlines/limits of your technique? Are you wondering about it yourself maybe? Are you exploring it? Do you only treat problems that manifest with pain, or do you experiment?

Also, how do you get insight into a problem? Do you purely use a perception of energy imbalances in order to realize what the problem is?

Edited by Owledge

The stories from this tradition are always amazing and inspiring. Sometimes I feel that if I did not enjoy the bagua and standing that I practice so much, I would try to come study with you guys. Who knows, maybe someday. Life is very short, but it is also very long!

I am glad to see that Findley was banned. His attitude strikes me now as it did two years before as borderline megalomaniacal. He could be a dangerous person if he does not wisen substantially before gaining some influence wherever he finds himself in life.

• Like 1

Thank you for writing your horse story, Kempomaster.

I must say, I am surprised how a healing approach that seems to be very much focused on projecting and drawing out chi can heal problems of such severe physical nature. In your experience, are there cases where it doesn't work that well? Would you distinguish between cases where a physical injury itself causes the pain and cases where a messed up energy is more at the root of the problem, maybe from the injury's trauma preventing one to let go of the problem?

Can you talk a bit about the spectrum of your healing abilities? I'm very curious about the different layers of illness and at what layer what type of healing is possible. Some say the psyche is more powerful and closer to the root of illness than chi imbalances, but what if the chi imbalance, when fixed, can also fix the psyche. Those are the questions going on in my mind. What would you say are the borderlines/limits of your technique? Are you wondering about it yourself maybe? Are you exploring it? Do you only treat problems that manifest with pain, or do you experiment?

Also, how do you get insight into a problem? Do you purely use a perception of energy imbalances in order to realize what the problem is?

Have a feeling Kempomaster is busy so maybe this will tide you over until he can reply.

"I must say, I am surprised how a healing approach that seems to be very much focused on projecting and drawing out chi can heal problems of such severe physical nature"

Why? This is medical qigong as per hospital use in China. Rich & vivid history of use. And that is drawing out of "sick qi", not just "qi".

"Would you distinguish between cases where a physical injury itself causes the pain and cases where a messed up energy is more at the root of the problem, maybe from the injury's trauma preventing one to let go of the problem?"

Physical injury IS "messed up energy". What happens is the energy immediately starts stagnation and then stages of becoming what the Chinese call "sick qi". Initially, if an injury were treated within a few minutes of happening, the sick qi would look more grey-ish. After a period of time it becomes darker looking and eventually a black cloud. We see this leaving a clients body.

"Some say the psyche is more powerful and closer to the root of illness than chi imbalances, but what if the chi imbalance, when fixed, can also fix the psyche."

We work on mental, physical, and spiritual with no distinguishing as we are all made of of all 3. In our system we practice the high level approach, where our goal is to help a person find and fulfill their destiny (the path they themselves have chosen). There are always cases that may not give the same response, as we work within the "will of the Light" (will of God) (will of the Divine) (path of harmonious flow) (etc).

"What would you say are the borderlines/limits of your technique?" see above - This is only limitation. Potentially instantaneous and potentially with no limitations of amplitude.

Yes, of course with experience and assuming responsibility one gains higher abilities/better control/wisdom of use / etc. When a person graduates from my medical qigong program they have attained all this to a certain extent, with the exception of the "assuming responsibility"; this begins then and indeed a person could be practicing this within this time-frame, but manifests strongly as a person goes out into the world with these techniques, embraces the lineage, and pursues this path of helping others.

Chinese medicine:

low level - physical

mid level - add mental

high level - one goal, find and fulfill destiny

"Also, how do you get insight into a problem? Do you purely use a perception of energy imbalances in order to realize what the problem is?"

We practice what I call "Listening". Listening involves dancing in the Wu Wei. I discuss this in the book A Light Warriors Guide to High Level Energy Healing. If I ever get time & inclination to finish it, my new book is mostly about this Listening process. Very difficult thing to speak about linearly. One can not solve a problem on the level of the problem itself, hence we shift in order to dance in the Wu Wei and rise above the level of the problem itself.

• Like 2

The stories from this tradition are always amazing and inspiring. Sometimes I feel that if I did not enjoy the bagua and standing that I practice so much, I would try to come study with you guys. Who knows, maybe someday. Life is very short, but it is also very long!

I am glad to see that Findley was banned. His attitude strikes me now as it did two years before as borderline megalomaniacal. He could be a dangerous person if he does not wisen substantially before gaining some influence wherever he finds himself in life.

There is no problem practicing this system and the healing techniques along with bagua.

• Like 3

Thanks for the comment, though I only wonder if it would be practical. I already do two, three, or more hours a day of my current practices--I know myself well enough to know that I would not find the time to devote enough time to Stillness Movement Neigong to be of use to others as a healer. As for my own cultivation, I have found things that have brought me both joy and stability in life... Slowly I am learning to stop always looking for greener grass on the other side, and just stay put! It is pretty good grass where I am, after all.

Actually, I might as well use my time to ask the biggest question that your book left with me when I got a chance to get a copy (for Christmas haha) last year. It is very roundabout, so please forgive the lenght of my question. Here goes:

I have the learned movement, standing, and sitting techniques that I practice from two teachers who were trained in the Wudang Longmen lineage. In 2006, when I first began standing, spontaneous movements erupted with great drama and violence. For various reasons, I did not practice seated or standing meditation with regularity again until early 2010, when again the spontaneous movements arrived as soon as I was able to reach a certain degree of stillness. This time--as I had matured greatly as well as had a ghost removed from my body by a capable shaman in the interim--the spontaneous movement, though often extraordinarily intense, lacked violence.

My main teacher described what was happening as zifagong (自发功), and this assessment was confirmed by other qigong healers and teachers I knew in China, all of whom were non-plused by what was going on and would only caution me to make sure that I did not ever lose control. I never lost control, nor did I ever feel was coming close to doing so--if a phone were to ring, or a knock to come at my door, at any time I could close the practice at will. Nor did I ever have spontaneous movement errupt suddenly on the subway, or anything like that.

Later I had a chance to run my experiences by a very respected Daoist monk at the White Cloud Monastery in Beijing, and his response was, "the more you move on the outside, the stiller you should become in the inside. Do not get carried away by the movements. There is nothing to be afraid of." In China I have had a chance to rub shoulders with other Daoists, students of Master Nan Huaijin, dedicated practitioners of Chinese and Tibetan Buddhism, and representatives of other qigong traditions in China, all of whom are aware of the possibility that spontaneous movement can arise in practice. Additionally, the famous 20th century authors Yin Shih Zi (the English version of one of his books is called Tranquil Sitting) and Chen Yingning both wrote in detail about the phenomenon of spontaneous "gong" arising during practice, and the benefits it can hold for the practitioner. Meanwhile, a small number of practitioners I have met (a Buddhists nun; a young TCM doc who practices Yi Quan and Tibetan Buddhism; a young and relatively inexperienced teacher of Hui Chun Gong 回春功 qigong; a tea master; a teacher of Zhineng Gong 智能功 qigong) all adamantly oppose the phenomenon, some of them going so far as to insist that it leads to insanity.

Bringing this back to the question of my own practice, I have indeed seen great benefits come to my life during the last two years, when I have experienced zifagong. These benefits include increased energy and vitality, the ability to learn more quickly, increased compassion and kindness, greater calmness and tranquility, greater acceptance of life's circumstances, increasing joy and contentment, better interpersonal relationships, and the occasional arrival of insights into the spiritual and philosophical texts I enjoy studying.

While I was reading your book, I was surprised to see that the preparatory steps for practicing Stillness Movement were very similar to what I have been taught from the Wudang Longmen. Similar, also, were the closing techniques. When I finished the book, I could not but wonder, am I not already going through something almost the same as Stillness Movement Neigong? And if the answer is no, when one considers that what has arisen for me in standing and on the cushion is spontaneous, then what is the difference between what I have experienced and what a practitioner of Stillness Movement goes through? Finally, is there a difference between the spontaneous movements that many Buddhists, Daoists, and practitioners of other qigong methods acknowledge, and what unfolds for a person who is specifically practicing Stillness Movement? While reading the book, I really was not able to sort this out. If you have time to answer, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Walker

Thanks for the comment, though I only wonder if it would be practical. I already do two, three, or more hours a day of my current practices--I know myself well enough to know that I would not find the time to devote enough time to Stillness Movement Neigong to be of use to others as a healer. As for my own cultivation, I have found things that have brought me both joy and stability in life... Slowly I am learning to stop always looking for greener grass on the other side, and just stay put! It is pretty good grass where I am, after all.

Actually, I might as well use my time to ask the biggest question that your book left with me when I got a chance to get a copy (for Christmas haha) last year. It is very roundabout, so please forgive the lenght of my question. Here goes:

I have the learned movement, standing, and sitting techniques that I practice from two teachers who were trained in the Wudang Longmen lineage. In 2006, when I first began standing, spontaneous movements erupted with great drama and violence. For various reasons, I did not practice seated or standing meditation with regularity again until early 2010, when again the spontaneous movements arrived as soon as I was able to reach a certain degree of stillness. This time--as I had matured greatly as well as had a ghost removed from my body by a capable shaman in the interim--the spontaneous movement, though often extraordinarily intense, lacked violence.

My main teacher described what was happening as zifagong (自发功), and this assessment was confirmed by other qigong healers and teachers I knew in China, all of whom were non-plused by what was going on and would only caution me to make sure that I did not ever lose control. I never lost control, nor did I ever feel was coming close to doing so--if a phone were to ring, or a knock to come at my door, at any time I could close the practice at will. Nor did I ever have spontaneous movement errupt suddenly on the subway, or anything like that.

Later I had a chance to run my experiences by a very respected Daoist monk at the White Cloud Monastery in Beijing, and his response was, "the more you move on the outside, the stiller you should become in the inside. Do not get carried away by the movements. There is nothing to be afraid of." In China I have had a chance to rub shoulders with other Daoists, students of Master Nan Huaijin, dedicated practitioners of Chinese and Tibetan Buddhism, and representatives of other qigong traditions in China, all of whom are aware of the possibility that spontaneous movement can arise in practice. Additionally, the famous 20th century authors Yin Shih Zi (the English version of one of his books is called Tranquil Sitting) and Chen Yingning both wrote in detail about the phenomenon of spontaneous "gong" arising during practice, and the benefits it can hold for the practitioner. Meanwhile, a small number of practitioners I have met (a Buddhists nun; a young TCM doc who practices Yi Quan and Tibetan Buddhism; a young and relatively inexperienced teacher of Hui Chun Gong 回春功 qigong; a tea master; a teacher of Zhineng Gong 智能功 qigong) all adamantly oppose the phenomenon, some of them going so far as to insist that it leads to insanity.

Bringing this back to the question of my own practice, I have indeed seen great benefits come to my life during the last two years, when I have experienced zifagong. These benefits include increased energy and vitality, the ability to learn more quickly, increased compassion and kindness, greater calmness and tranquility, greater acceptance of life's circumstances, increasing joy and contentment, better interpersonal relationships, and the occasional arrival of insights into the spiritual and philosophical texts I enjoy studying.

While I was reading your book, I was surprised to see that the preparatory steps for practicing Stillness Movement were very similar to what I have been taught from the Wudang Longmen. Similar, also, were the closing techniques. When I finished the book, I could not but wonder, am I not already going through something almost the same as Stillness Movement Neigong? And if the answer is no, when one considers that what has arisen for me in standing and on the cushion is spontaneous, then what is the difference between what I have experienced and what a practitioner of Stillness Movement goes through? Finally, is there a difference between the spontaneous movements that many Buddhists, Daoists, and practitioners of other qigong methods acknowledge, and what unfolds for a person who is specifically practicing Stillness Movement? While reading the book, I really was not able to sort this out. If you have time to answer, I would greatly appreciate it!

Stillness-Movement is a system that utilizes specific high level "heavenly" vibrations and lineage information-based energetics. We move due to these vibrations with the movement inducing a thing akin to a "vacuum" or resonance effect where it pulls in more of these particular energetics. As one practices the system, practices virtue, calmness, and assumes responsibility, then the whole energy body is transmuted or "raised" to these new vibrations. This is when the access to the information kicks in, as needed. IMO it is extremely difficult for a person to really understand energetics until they utilize these vibrations in healing others; it is one thing to just personally cultivate and entirely another to manipulate these energetics on a sub-atomic level. This brings a totally new understanding and development of energetics as well as a totally new & different level of development of compassion.

I did find your comment about the Temple of the White Cloud interesting. I had 2 extremely interesting experiences there that still "kick in" whenever I see it mentioned.

Edited by Ya Mu

Thank you. Is it fair to say that the key difference between spontaneous movements arriving during other practices and those arising during Stillness-Movement practice is that connection to the lineage "tunes" one into the heavenly vibrations associated with the lineage?

I have had the fortune to spend a lot of time in the White Cloud Monastery and it is indeed a special place; my meeting with that monk has to have been the most memorable hour I ever spent there, followed only by my first spring evening practicing bagua after hours in the courtyard with swallows diving in and out between the temples and incense burners, the noise and pollution of the Beijing just beyond the temple walls completely forgotten. Ah, the feng shui.

Thank you. Is it fair to say that the key difference between spontaneous movements arriving during other practices and those arising during Stillness-Movement practice is that connection to the lineage "tunes" one into the heavenly vibrations associated with the lineage?

I have had the fortune to spend a lot of time in the White Cloud Monastery and it is indeed a special place; my meeting with that monk has to have been the most memorable hour I ever spent there, followed only by my first spring evening practicing bagua after hours in the courtyard with swallows diving in and out between the temples and incense burners, the noise and pollution of the Beijing just beyond the temple walls completely forgotten. Ah, the feng shui.

I can only tell you what Stillness-Movement is and does.

I do not consider it a "spontaneous movement" practice as it does rely on the "attunement" to these higher level vibrations and on the information based energetics. Comments from others that have practiced other practices that do consist of spontaneous movement are typical of "What is this? I have never before experienced this type of energy."

If you were to ask my advice I would say stick with what you are doing unless you wish to heal others or if you had a "pull-resonance" for this system. This resonance sometimes is not initially recognized and sometimes even comes about in Dreamtime or through what our minds would tell us are "bizarre" circumstances. This feels like "coming home" to many people.

"It is far better to travel a long ways down a single path than a short ways down many paths." - Ascended Master

• Like 2

Nice Ya Mu.

Just wanted to add that while the world undoubtedly needs more/better healers, IMO it also needs other skills. You might be called to something else and I don't consider that a negative:-)

Nice Ya Mu.

Just wanted to add that while the world undoubtedly needs more/better healers, IMO it also needs other skills. You might be called to something else and I don't consider that a negative:-)

And a couple "other sides" of that coin:

Does not every family need a "family healer"? I do believe most people can stay "on the side" busy helping their own family no matter what their profession. So if one is going to bother practicing qigong, why not help their own family?

Other professionals; how about teaching the mailman to calm down the dogs anxious to eat them? How about teaching the counselor to manipulate the qi through voice techniques to help the people they counsel? How about teaching the surgeon to put healing intent & energy in the drip before surgery? How about teaching the policeman to calm down the agitated person about to commit a crime or murder? How about teaching the teacher to calm the agitated kids with their voice? How about... See the possibilities? I have taught all the above; Stillness-Movement isn't just about healers who wave their arms around.

I do think it is a special calling to be a healer. What perhaps may surprise many here is that I have attempted to talk out of it every single person who has wanted to join my certification program - as in really trying to talk them out of it. I know if I can't then it is most likely for them.

• Like 5

Projecting qi into my novel writing is one thing I'd like to further develop. :)

Several months after starting Stillness Movement I did some healing on a friend who has also practiced parts of Initiation into Hermetics. He mentioned that my technique wasn't just employing regular chi, it was also working with what Franz Bardon called the "Akasha". I dusted off my old pdfs of Bardon's three books, retried some of the exercises from IIH and found that they're much easier for me now. O.O

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 1

Point taken Ya Mu. I was of course referring to full-time healers. Nowhere did I say it wasn't a 'good thing' in wider life.

I can only tell you what Stillness-Movement is and does.

I do not consider it a "spontaneous movement" practice as it does rely on the "attunement" to these higher level vibrations and on the information based energetics. Comments from others that have practiced other practices that do consist of spontaneous movement are typical of "What is this? I have never before experienced this type of energy."

If you were to ask my advice I would say stick with what you are doing unless you wish to heal others or if you had a "pull-resonance" for this system. This resonance sometimes is not initially recognized and sometimes even comes about in Dreamtime or through what our minds would tell us are "bizarre" circumstances. This feels like "coming home" to many people.

"It is far better to travel a long ways down a single path than a short ways down many paths." - Ascended Master

Much gratitude.