findley

If you're spirituality is not rational, how do you keep from getting scammed?

Just found the wonderful exchange here between Walker and Ya Mu while looking for something else. I'm glad I did.

Other professionals; how about teaching the mailman to calm down the dogs anxious to eat them? How about teaching the counselor to manipulate the qi through voice techniques to help the people they counsel? How about teaching the surgeon to put healing intent & energy in the drip before surgery? How about teaching the policeman to calm down the agitated person about to commit a crime or murder? How about teaching the teacher to calm the agitated kids with their voice? How about... See the possibilities? I have taught all the above; Stillness-Movement isn't just about healers who wave their arms around.

Awesome.

The ability to give others peace.

John

• Like 1

I hav had what you call zifagong too, it emerged during Standing Meditation and sitting practices, it got to a point where I just wanted to stand in a certain posture as I did usually, but felt that I couldnt, everytime I resumed the posture an internal movement started was completely different from what I intended to do. After some time I realized that when I used effort to stay PUT I felt exhausted and restless afterwards, when I just let it go and followed the movements (outside & inside) I felt very relaxed and refreshed afterwards.

I started practicing Gift of the Tao a few weeks ago and when I sit down after the session and just put my awareness on my Dan Tian, sometimes spontaneous movemnt happens but it feels more like an extension from the Movement practice, as if the energy patterns are now repeated while sitting. Its completely different from the other zifagong I have experienced

Very interesting to read.

Especially as I have too practised Bagua and zhan Zhuang from a Wudang Lineage and remebmer one day in the White Cloud Monastery practising there, the Feng Shui is really awesome. I completely forgot that there was a loud and polluted city outside the walls.

@Walker Would you mind telling me (PM if you want) who your Wudang Teachers are?

I started practicing Gift of the Tao a few weeks ago and when I sit down after the session and just put my awareness on my Dan Tian, sometimes spontaneous movemnt happens but it feels more like an extension from the Movement practice, as if the energy patterns are now repeated while sitting. Its completely different from the other zifagong I have experienced

This is what happened to me, too. Since I noticed during my lotus sitting sessions that my body wanted to move to these new found patterns anyway I took Ya Mu's suggestion and started on the Stillness-Movement path.

• Like 1

I have mostly focused on the Gift of the Tao movement practice because I used to do sitting meditation with very strong focus on the dan tian, almost forcing my attention to stay there. That only brought me headaches and my internal chatter got even worse. Now when I sit for some time after the movement practice I am naturally able to keep a "relaxed" attention on the dan tian without so much force, but often when I am doing that throughout the day it becomes rigid again, feels like gates are closing rather than opening.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1

I have mostly focused on the Gift of the Tao movement practice because I used to do sitting meditation with very strong focus on the dan tian, almost forcing my attention to stay there. That only brought me headaches and my internal chatter got even worse. Now when I sit for some time after the movement practice I am naturally able to keep a "relaxed" attention on the dan tian without so much force, but often when I am doing that throughout the day it becomes rigid again, feels like gates are closing rather than opening.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've also noticed sometimes it's unbearable to do sitting due to restlessness or sleepiness but usually I can manage to do GOT with enough concentration. Now am learning GOT II. Good luck to us both :)

I've also noticed sometimes it's unbearable to do sitting due to restlessness or sleepiness but usually I can manage to do GOT with enough concentration. Now am learning GOT II. Good luck to us both :)

With GOT its no problem. I just start and at some point the irritation or restlesness disappears and the energy takes over. In the beginning I had some problems with the movements because I used to practice a bit martial arts and I noticed that my attention automatically moved towards my physical posture and not the energy, especially with the eigth' movement when moving and breathing out I automatically did it in a mechanical Fajin type of way and I felt nothing. After I started to relax more I could do the movement without my mind automatically shifting towards the physical process and I stayed with the energy, then this movement started to offer me its benefits ;-) I found that the longer I do the first two movements the stronger the overall effect is. Yeah GOT II is really awesome too, have fun with that!

• Like 1