RiverSnake

Karma, Destiny and Mastering your Life

Yeah. I'm not discounting uncontrollable variables. But since they are uncontrollable I think that we should not waste our time with them. We should deals with what we can control. Our thoughts and emotions is a pretty good beginning.

There are two kinds of destiny, absolute and obscure.

Absolute destiny defines your main parameters, your spouse, your children, your parents are all set up before encarnation so one has no control over it

Obscure destiny is the destiny that will be shaped by the actions of that person that she or he performs by her/his free will.

If you say that life is like a chess board, absolute destiny sets the boundaries of the board and the rules while playing the chess pieces. For instance, you can not play the knight like a bishop, there are certain limitations, this is absolute destiny.

However, you are free to make your move within the chess game obeying the rules. This is obscure destiny.

Absolute destiny defines your main parameters, your spouse, your children, your parents are all set up before encarnation so one has no control over it

Obscure destiny is the destiny that will be shaped by the actions of that person that she or he performs by her/his free will.

If you say that life is like a chess board, absolute destiny sets the boundaries of the board and the rules while playing the chess pieces. For instance, you can not play the knight like a bishop, there are certain limitations, this is absolute destiny.

However, you are free to make your move within the chess game obeying the rules. This is obscure destiny.

And what makes you the expert here? Do you know this for certain? Or did you figure out this by thinking about it?

I'm not sure about this. Think back, I think I manifested my first wife and my second girlfriend.

My honest oponion of my parents seem to be turn out true. It appears that I can infulence my parents.

All those newly discovery drove me crazy. Then I can't go crazy. Because my mood seems set the mood for everything around me. I have to be happy for the sake of everyone I love.

I haven't figured out the pattern yet. But I'm definitely sure that I can physically change my environment.

I haven't figured out the pattern yet. But I'm definitely sure that I can physically change my environment.

Hehehe. Belly laughs. My first thoughts were, "Yeah, I can throw all my glassware on the kitchen floor and make a really hazardous mess."

Edit to add:

Oh!, did you manifest your second girl friend while you were married to your first wife?

Edited by Marblehead

Yep we changed our physical environment recently. Jet washed and sand blasted the patio, all the moss has gone now and it looks much better. Not so slippery now either.

Maybe it is your destiny not to believe in Karma this time around MH.

For sure if you did drop and smash the glassware on your floor you could believe in the cuts on your feet if you did not clear it up pretty quickly.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Hurrumph.

I'm with the Marblehead on this one so far. The Stosher has a few points I could get behind but I agree, if we're going to talk about 'free will' might be worth defining where (and if) it starts (and if) it stops.

I'll go first me hearties:

- I did NOT choose to be born

Maybe free will starts when we forget our interconectedness and believe we are somehow seperate .

Maybe free will is the Devil pretending and shouldnt be fed too much.(Marbels will looove this :P )

Or ?

Just stuff thats crossing my mind right now.

I wont really get into deep discussion , unless my mind changes of course :D .

Edited by suninmyeyes

If your complete identity is taken all of the time by your thoughts, emotions, forces and karma flowing through you then you have no free will as you are just a puppet of these forces. If you train yourself to see that you are not these forces and can maintain that awareness then you have a degree of free will, so from that perspective almost nobody has free will as it something you have to work for.

• Like 1

Hehehe. Neither did I but I sure am glad my mom and dad got it on that night a long time ago.

And how we are born (healthy or with defects) isn't our choice either. But how we utilize what we have is almost totally our choice.

Maybe free will starts when we forget our interconectedness and believe we are somehow seperate .

Maybe free will is the Devil pretending and shouldnt be fed too much.(Marbels will looove this :P )

Yes, I saw that. Hehehe.

But your first sentence, We are both interconnected and separate. That is what allows for free will and freedom of choice. If there were no separation there would be no free will. Our connectedness is where we have no free will.

(I'm not sure I explained that well but I am sure someone will challenge me if there appears to be inconsistencies.)

If your complete identity is taken all of the time by your thoughts, emotions, forces and karma flowing through you then you have no free will as you are just a puppet of these forces. If you train yourself to see that you are not these forces and can maintain that awareness then you have a degree of free will, so from that perspective almost nobody has free will as it something you have to work for.

Yes, I clicked the "like this" button. My words to say this would likely have been different but Jetsun and I are different so it is understandable that our thoughts, although very similar, would also be slightly different.

Yes indeed. Free will is not something given to us free of charge. We need work for it.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Hurrumph.

I'm with the Marblehead on this one so far. The Stosher has a few points I could get behind but I agree, if we're going to talk about 'free will' might be worth defining where (and if) it starts (and if) it stops.

I'll go first me hearties:

I wonder if that's true K

"Old story..............

Each time before we are born we know all there is, the past, the present and the future.

But at that very moment of conception as we draw our first breath outside the womb an angel tasked with just that duty...

Touches our forehead, very lightly....

And we forget, just for a while, and maybe, for just a few; spend our whole lives seeking to remember that which once we knew so well, and shall know again. Om

When we've exhaled our last breath to leave this body".

Edited by GrandmasterP

And what makes you the expert here? Do you know this for certain? Or did you figure out this by thinking about it?

And what makes all the others experts on every subject here? Do every body posting here know what they post for certain? Or Did they figure out their points by thinking about them?

Only reply for that will be a kiai from tanden: "Hoyyyttttttt!"