Cameron

Michael Winn's Response To Sean Denty On Ht

I agree to a point Buddy and think alot of this finger pointing and judging an entire system by ones personal experience seems pretty narrow.

If your drawn to Sean Denty/David Shen cool. If your drawn to BK Frantzis cool. Or Michael Winn or any other teacher.

Cool thing about taobums we can share all this sutff without really having to defend any one system or teacher. I consider Michael one of my teachers though so wanted to atleast here his side of the story. Sean Denty was coming pretty strong against Winn's Alchemy practice.

I am almost more interested in the aspect that calls one training truth and another lies as I am the training. I would probably need to go deep with any teacher myself before I consider myself in the high position to call what they are teaching "BS Taoism".

But I guess it's entertaining.

Hey! I have a cool idea. How about I practice Winn's stuff for the next 5 years and one of thetaobums studies David Shen's system for the next 5 years and then we can really have a nice reference and dialogue about the strengths and weaknesses of the different systems rather than just saying one is garbage and one is the truth?

If Shen's system lacks that level of openness about it frankly I would rather study with Michael. Ime not really interested in the secret training with the secret master and would rather learn from Taoists who have learned to openly relate and teach in society.

Cam

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHA WHAT A FUCKING DRAMA OMG LOL

I think Winn is on it... AND, he speaks for himself, in a genuine manner.

Well, the Tibetan lineages argue and snipe all the time about who's the best too. Energy cultivation practitioners are going to have too much energy to just chill out and 'let it be', I'd imagine.

denty sounds like a big bitch in his reply to winn. (hehehe...)

I would still take this trip though, if I had 5000 euro...

There is unfortunatly, sometimes a worrisome outcome to these devisive elements. Gang warfare. I have seen it with different Kung Fu systems in China-Town NYC- between tongs and sifus and just over-reved kids wanting to make a name for themselves as being both loyal and dangerous to mess with.

I think much of this reflects a sort of emotional immaturity and lack of socialization. Being a teen-aged reclusive practicioner on a diet of celibacy and emmence portions of chi does not lead one to a well rounded socialization.

The middle way is not being practiced when we strive beyond our capacities. What can work for one will not work for everyone and many systems will be needed to fulfill all searching and questing as we progress as a species and develope our abilities.

There could be a spirit of shared wonder beyond the egos involved. No teacher is able to teach everyone- not Jesus or Buddha or Mohamid or any lessor guide saught out for answers.

So why is it we can't all just get along?

And if what would appear to be a complete loser-(Rodney King) can be paraphrased with some meaning then anyone can be a teacher !

I charge nothing for this stuff, it just flows through me like fat through a goose...

Edited by Wayfarer64

Hey! I have a cool idea. How about I practice Winn's stuff for the next 5 years and one of thetaobums studies David Shen's system for the next 5 years and then we can really have a nice reference and dialogue about the strengths and weaknesses of the different systems rather than just saying one is garbage and one is the truth?

Cam

But what exactly is Winn's 'stuff' if by his own admition Chia was not taught high level stuff..it was just 'described' to him. And chia stopped his training at 19 vs 13..whatever..so he in turn, turns right around and repackages it. Blind leading blind, no?

My impression of all of these guys is that they are floundering around, talking to ghosts in the end, and still have nothing to show but rants on the internet and incomplete training, yet they want to lead people and say the other guy is wrong.

T

But what exactly is Winn's 'stuff' if by his own admition Chia was not taught high level stuff..it was just 'described' to him. And chia stopped his training at 19 vs 13..whatever..so he in turn, turns right around and repackages it. Blind leading blind, no?

My impression of all of these guys is that they are floundering around, talking to ghosts in the end, and still have nothing to show but rants on the internet and incomplete training, yet they want to lead people and say the other guy is wrong.

T

Interesting perspective. I'll need to study directly with Winn for awhile before reaching those conclusions but will keep you updated :)

Interesting perspective. I'll need to study directly with Winn for awhile before reaching those conclusions but will keep you updated :)

Cam, you have already studied with him and left. Do you remember why you left?

You think Round 2 will be more successful?

I really really really hope you will experience what they promise in their course descriptions.

I don't think Sean was training long enough to make a valid judgement as to the level of what he was learning.

It reminds me of born agains - my way is the best way.

No training is wasted as long as you are persistant and sincere. You will learn something - then you move on. You also have to be ready to receive what is given. You're cup has to be empty.

My latest teacher - who has more or less left me to my own devices after studying with him for a number of years - told me to keep practicing the basics, build the foundation. He doesn't waste his time putting others down nor do most of the other chinese I encounter. He told me to watch others and decide what is right for myself, to keep searching.

He and I are interested in health.

I feel I can always learn something from everyone - even if it's what not to do.

I don't know anything about Michael Winn or David Shen or how substantial their teachings are.

Having chakras opened or kundalini awakened is more prevelant than we think it is.

There are many people who can do this - it shows a certain level of attainment - but does not necessarily

cross over into the other facets of their lives and make them super beings.

As mentioned by others here before, siddhis - powers, are manifestions but not or should not be the goal.

So how do you decide who is your teacher. For me you have to meet them and like them as human beings and

they should feel the same about you. My criteria is based on how well they move. I also assess the state of their health based on personal habits - drinking, smoking, what they eat. So if a teacher has incredible energy even though he drinks and smokes - that's ok - what he's teaching works. My standing teacher is like this.

So what does everyone else look for when seeking or deciding on a teacher.

One thing I have learned, no matter which way you do something there will always be someone to show you another way that they will tell you is better. It ain't necessarily so.

Cam, you have already studied with him and left. Do you remember why you left?

You think Round 2 will be more successful?

I really really really hope you will experience what they promise in their course descriptions.

Ime not sure what your talking about. We did 2 Fusion workshops together and I never really practiced any of it. I have been doing qigong pretty regularly since then including some of the fundamentals stuff Winn teaches. I havent really gone deep into Winn's Alchemy training at all. This will be round 1.

WHAT? I believe in sincerity.

I believe that masking your opinions with such things as tact is a thing reserved for people who are either afraid or want something.

--And at least I am notasking other people to censor themselves O_O That's terrible...

Winn:

"you could buy my entire homestudy course series for about $1,500.......about the cost of a week at a low rent fat farm. Even though it will take 5 years to go thru it - the first time round. "

HAHAHAHAHA!

WHAT? I believe in sincerity.

I believe that masking your opinions with such things as tact is a thing reserved for people who are either afraid or want something.

--And at least I am notasking other people to censor themselves O_O That's terrible...

I have a less lofty reason for keeping the profanity and such out of discussions..internet proxies at work!! already taobums is on the denied list for one of our proxies...

T

oh gosh whats a proxy =(

a machine that sits between the public internet and our private network for security reasons..it filters alot of the content too so that employees aren't looking at bad sites..you probably have a software proxy at home on your computer to protect your pc..

OMG you know I used to have access to this site from my workplace... then after a short-while the big red army firewall came up!

you think this has to do with my dirty mouth?? jeez...! Maybe I'll go back and edit/ delete my old posts, see if I can't get access from work again...