Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Considerate Christian Women Abort

Lol, the funny thing is how such a sadomasochistic (blood-sacrifice-based), male-dominant religion irresistibly attracts so many devout female followers. Essentially, it verifies their underlying attraction to alpha bad boys and evo-psych instinct to worship apex power animals at the top of the food chain (like Yahweh).Only as you move East, do these numbers start to equalize and reverse. Buddhism, a pretty drama-free, impersonal, "nice guy" belief system that facilitates DIY self-liberation - repels most Western women like household chores due to the lack of any tribalism, male domination or apex magic genie.

IOW, if there's no all-powerful "Jesus Bieber" apex bad boy at the top to idolize...then women just aren't interested! :lol:

Although many would discard it out-of-hand because of cultural predispositons, every sentence above, in my opinion, is worthy of serious consideration.

• Like 1

Although many would discard it out-of-hand because of cultural predispositons, every sentence above, in my opinion, is worthy of serious consideration.

I can't find the Vortex quote - although I haven't looked that hard ... maybe he has edited it already. I hope so. I don't accept it's misogynist sounding tone.

I agree. Christianity offers an emotionally-gripping, soap opera narrative, childish comic book cosmology & the ultimate White Knight! This no-brainer storyline appeals much more strongly to women - than more abstract DIY philosophies that focus on the truly empty nature of the naked truth (can you just see women's eyes rolling and falling asleep already)! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWPT4vQGOY

Anyhow, I would agree that dealing with emotions is very important in healing work. However, I suspect they are also just layers of the onions to be progressively peeled away, like endless thoughts in the mind.. That emotions, like conscious thoughts, tend to further cloud the lens of "self," not clear it. IOW, someone who is very emotionally-driven may become just as deluded and misguided as someone who is too logically stuck in their head. Thus, the higher answer is to transcend this whole duality entirely (somehow, lol).

Christianity had produced some deep thinkers who are not necesarry emotion-gripping , but have utilized emotion as their main tool in order on the path and manage to transform that emotion as oppose just grip. What I am saying that any way (IMO)has its gems however rare or prehapes even hidden(that I dont know , but it is an option I suppose).

Also it should be taken in consideration that Christianity in the West is very wide spread and common belief system ,the issue is much deeper than just a 'no brainer storyline ' you have mentioned. And it appeals to enormous amount of males too.

I dont buy into the alpha theory , there is something to it but it is too limiting belief IMO .

@Vortex:

'.. Buddhism, a pretty drama-free, impersonal, "nice guy" belief system that facilitates DIY self-liberation - repels most Western women like household chores due to the lack of any tribalism, male domination or apex magic genie.'..

How we see Buddhisam here in the West is not exactly how Buddhisam is practised in Asia on large scale at all. I have witnessed Budhisam on a mass scale to be more of a temple going /devotional (in particular in places like Thailand, Sri Lanka, Nepal, India), definetly not a 'nice guy' religion as you mentioned .I have also noted arranged marriages over there still widley practised , as well as many people strongly adhering to the rules very similar to the Christian rules that were mentined in original post to keep women in place.This is another debate .

What I am pointing is that things are not always as they seem on surface and cannot be easyly defined and categorised. And definetley not looked down at or brushed side as stupid , but met exactly where situation is at and dealt with.

Shades and colour.

• Like 2

Christianity had produced some deep thinkers who are not necesarry emotion-gripping , but have utilized emotion as their main tool in order on the path and manage to transform that emotion as oppose just grip.

Except for a few (like Teresa of Avila, who is said to have realized that there is no Abrahamic God before her death), I noticed very few "deep thinkers" within Christianity,...instead there are many people who have deliberated on their theo-beliefs solely for display and devotion,...not to discern their holy books critically and honestly.

Anyone who gives you a belief system is your enemy.

Great Christian thinkers:

"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians." -- Martin Luther

"If the church should have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appear white, we ought in like manner pronounce it black." St Ignatius Loyola

"every woman should be filled with shame by the thought that she is a woman". Clement of Alexandria

"girls begin to talk and to stand on their feet sooner than boys because weeds always grow up more quickly than good crops". Martin Luther

etc, etc, etc.

Christianity is a proven, dishonest theo-belief system,...thus, how can anyone "deeply think" within those beliefs and be honest?

V

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 2

I took at quick look at the eugenics-watch website this morning. Interesting.

Look, religion is a construct that informs people how to live, not to explain reality. IME/IMO if you're going to get anywhere near reality, the vehicles of religion have to be dropped. Do people need to be told what reality is? If so, why? If not, why not?

Christianity is a proven, dishonest theo-belief system,...thus, how can anyone "deeply think" within those beliefs and be honest?

V

So much prejudice, so little real and honest analysis leave me speechless.

So much prejudice, so little real and honest analysis leave me speechless.

I'm not Christian but I totally agree with you. Slamming others religion is easy. Living up to there true precepts is hard, but worthwhile.

I'm not Christian but I totally agree with you. Slamming others religion is easy. Living up to there true precepts is hard, but worthwhile.

__/\__

Edited by bubbles

Perhaps in some cases women are just drawn to things they see as spiritual. Maybe they just like the spiritual atmosphere and spiritual teachings they find there.
On a more primal level, women seek fulfillment like voids getting filled. With pen0rs, babies, love, security, etc. In this sense, Christianity promises to fill them with the ultimate protective male love of the Godfather...and eternal security. Not unlike a romance novel.

By contrast, the last thing women want is to feel barren, all-one, transitory and EMPTY!!! :lol:

Whereas, men instinctually seek empty voids. Explorers seek out wide-open virgin spaces, just like how men seek open vaginas (or other orifices :lol:). From this perspective, Eastern systems preaching emptiness may thus primally appeal more strongly to men and deeply disturb (turn off) women as "nihilistic, unromantic & unfulfilling."

Anyhow, these are all just a few possible reasons and of course, people will generally reshape religions to suit their own level of understanding (regardless of what the actual teachings say). Which for most of the common masses, means rubbing a magic lamp for favors.. :D

Edited by vortex

Except for a few (like Teresa of Avila, who is said to have realized that there is no Abrahamic God before her death), I noticed very few "deep thinkers" within Christianity,...instead there are many people who have deliberated on their theo-beliefs solely for display and devotion,...not to discern their holy books critically and honestly.

Still its a few , and maybe some others that we dont know about.

When I wrote above response to Vortex it was more to show the oher side of posibillity rather than making an ultimate statment and defend Christianity. It was to mention the need for flexibilty and the fact that there was and will be great thinkers within all religions and without any religion whatsoever.Same with male -female thing , there are vast amount of things to consider and it is hard to draw a conclusion that does it justice.

Anyone who gives you a belief system is your enemy.

What about your parents than?

I dont do enemies full stop. I am too lazy they require too much effort. -_-

Great Christian thinkers:

"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians." -- Martin Luther

"If the church should have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appear white, we ought in like manner pronounce it black." St Ignatius Loyola

"every woman should be filled with shame by the thought that she is a woman". Clement of Alexandria

"girls begin to talk and to stand on their feet sooner than boys because weeds always grow up more quickly than good crops". Martin Luther

etc, etc, etc.

I dont particulary care about things 'being proven 'to be honest until I prove it to myself, so this proven does not convince me.

I will mention that Christianity is not my cup of tea, dont like the flavour at all.

You know things are not black and white. You just never know the ways of life for sure. Honesty is not rigid.

V

Edited by suninmyeyes

Considerate Christian Women should get sex changes . . . per the Gospel of Thomas:

Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."

Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of Thomas 114.

• Like 1

He who knows the male yet sustains the female will be a river valley for all under heaven.

TTC Section 28 trans. R.J. Lynn

On a more primal level, women seek fulfillment like voids getting filled. With pen0rs, babies, love, security, etc. In this sense, Christianity promises to fill them with the ultimate protective male love of the Godfather...and eternal security. Not onlike a romance novel.

By contrast, the last thing women want is to feel barren, all-one, transitory and EMPTY!!! :lol:

Whereas, men instinctually seek empty voids. Explorers seek out wide-open virgin spaces, just like how men seek open vaginas (or other orifices :lol:). From this perspective, Eastern systems preaching emptiness may thus primally appeal more strongly to men and deeply disturb (turn off) women as "nihilistic, unromantic & unfulfilling."

Anyhow, these are all just a few possible reasons and of course, people will generally reshape religions to suit their own level of understanding (regardless of what the actual teachings say). Which for most of the common masses, means rubbing a magic lamp for favors.. :D

:lol:

B)

Edited by Immortal4life

On a more primal level, women seek fulfillment like voids getting filled. With pen0rs, babies, love, security, etc. In this sense, Christianity promises to fill them with the ultimate protective male love of the Godfather...and eternal security. Not unlike a romance novel.

Mr Vortex, i rely heavily on emptiness as an antidote to the rantings your silly alpha-delta scheme seems to bring to my mind. I know it's unlikely you'll stop this stuff but i wanted to cheerfully remind you that men and women are individually as different as collectively similar. Continuum Mr Vortex:-)

• Like 4

Considerate Christian Women should get sex changes . . . per the Gospel of Thomas:

Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."

Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of Thomas 114.

A Tantra Master said:

"The very qualities of being a disciple are the qualities which are feminine -- receptivity, openness, trust, love, a deep surrender. And if a man becomes a disciple, he will automatically grow qualities which are female. There is nothing wrong in it. Qualities are qualities, and all beautiful qualities are feminine -- love and trust and compassion and gratitude and surrender. All beautiful qualities are feminine.

It is not a question concerned with your sexuality; your being a male or female has many dimensions. One of the dimensions is that there are qualities intrinsic to females which make them easily disciples. There are men who have those qualities -- those qualities are not the monopoly of anybody. There are men who are more soft than any woman, more loving than any woman, more grateful than any woman -- but the qualities are feminine."

• Like 1

In some instances the Gospels are believed by scholars to have been written within 30 to 40 years after the death of Jesus. This puts them in a time period that they could have been written by people who remembered or had contact with people who actually remembered Jesus.

No legitimate scholar would say, or could say, that the Gospels were written within 30-40 years of hanging of Jesus the Notzri in 28CE.

The first Gospel, Mark, was written, after the Jewish Revolt of 68-70 CE, and appears nowhere before 95CE. The second Gospel was written in circa 102CE, while Luke came a few years after that. The last Gospel according to John was written after the Bar Cochba revolt in 135CE, but probably before 150CE.

V

• Like 1

Do you have any clue as to the so-called "true precepts" of the Christian belief system? From your comment I must assume not.

Real compassion is intolerant of all religion.

In other words,...anything that distesses you (like your imagined need for people to be tolerant of beliefs) is irrelevant.

V

You assume wrong, on that point and many others. I could argue both sides, I like history and philosophy. I've have many late night conversations on the subject that leave both sides scrambling for history books. Your side, the dark prejudiced one is much easier, it plays to peoples worst instincts and that always sells. Become 'internet literate', find the worst, ignore the good, repeat it incessantly, feel better about yourself.

Real compassion is intolerant of all religions?? Thats crazy. Look up what tolerance means. You're the flip side of all the fundamentalists who preach intolerance to all views but there own. The exact same only flipped around, blood brothers on opposite sides. You're so close to them they'd use your notes to prove how bad everyone else is and feel smugly superior doing it.

Ultimately life is about what We do. What we spread, who we help. Spread hate, reap discord and have little less peace. Spread tolerance, increase understanding, have a little more peace.

Be careful not to become the thing you hate.

I can easily argue both sides. I wonder if you could? How closed minded are you? Very, extremely?? Totally??? Could you put together the opposite of your thesis? Could you find enlightening quotes in the new testament? Could you find and quote enlightened soothing words? Does the good bounce off you and only whats evil stick?

I challenge you as an intellectual exercise to find and write a short essay on whats good in Christianity. Starting with Jesus sayings, move on towards the great Christian writers. Its not as easy as tearing things down, real learning has to go beyond the easy context-less quote. But it'll bend your mind; and I wonder if its flexible enough to accept other ideas without breaking.

Go for it. I'll be happy to do an assassination job on some other religion or idea that you point me at. That kind of thing is easy. It part and parcel of the human toilet consciousness. Toleration, accepting, forgiveness, being at peace; thats hard.

• Like 3

Religion is literally "a set of beliefs." Anyone who gives you a belief system is your enemy.

thelerner makes very good points.

Your slandering of religions reveals that you live with the hatred of anything that disturbs your own core beliefs. And your posts show that your are ready to use the worst intellectual and oratory methods to find reassurance and try to convince (I would say manipulate) others or to find supporters. You are about to found the religion of the religion haters.

Someone who has really found Truth and Inner Peace would not spend his time and energy slandering religions. He would post with some wisdom and compassion. Why not letting your avatar be an inspiration for you?

Christianity as a religious institution has clearly committed crimes. Buddhism as an institution also. Any human institution is fallible. Even Krishnamurti makes no exception. But this is not enough to invalidate the whole corpus of texts nor their thinking content. Some level-headed investigation is needed.

Because of my background and my job I have read and studied a lot of texts in literature, philosophy, theology and I am asked to study them carefully with objective methods and with a sense of impartiality.

Hopefully you are not my student, you would be one of the worst ever.

No legitimate scholar would say, or could say, that the Gospels were written within 30-40 years of hanging of Jesus the Notzri in 28CE.

The first Gospel, Mark, was written, after the Jewish Revolt of 68-70 CE, and appears nowhere before 95CE. The second Gospel was written in circa 102CE, while Luke came a few years after that. The last Gospel according to John was written after the Bar Cochba revolt in 135CE, but probably before 150CE.

V

According to Wiki, and many legitimate Scholars, the Gospel of Mark was wriiten around 64 AD. I have heard estimates of 60 AD for the Gospel of Mark, and some scholars have estimated a date of 50 AD for the Gospel of Thomas. That puts The Gospel of Mark within 30-40 years of Jesus' death, and the Gospel of Thomas within 20-30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_mark

How close are the Buddhist scriptures to the time of the Buddha's death?

As such, your concept of peace is merely a concept. No Christian can ever uncover peace. Know God, no Peace; Gnow Peace, no God.

V

Mother Teresa said:

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

Edited by Green Tiger

According to Wiki, and many legitimate Scholars, the Gospel of Mark was wriiten around 64 AD. I have heard estimates of 60 AD for the Gospel of Mark, and some scholars have estimated a date of 50 AD for the Gospel of Thomas. That puts The Gospel of Mark within 30-40 years of Jesus' death, and the Gospel of Thomas within 20-30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_mark

How close are the Buddhist scriptures to the time of the Buddha's death?

The Jehovah Witnesses do not count as legitimate scholars.

The Gospel of Mark describes things that did not occur until after the Jewish Revolt (68-70CE),...so not a SINGLE scholar in the world would say it was written before that. However, there are absolutely no mention of the Gospel of Mark ANYWHERE before 95CE.

You do not appear to understand the difference between a scholar and someone who deliberates on Christianity solely for display and devotion.

V

Sign in to follow this