Wells

Mo Pai and Immortality

Please explain to me why you bought unnessecarily Gary's Nei Kung DVD's for $3.450 (for the power hungry! :ph34r: ) although you are student of a Temple Style Taichi master who has already given you all of the "true" Nei Kung and Tao Kung exercises himself? I mean to be able to compare you already must have get the "true" teachings from your master, right? :rolleyes:

My tai chi journey started with Gary. I bought his DVDs way before I contacted my Sifu. I decided to look into his "qualifications" which lead me to Master Liao. He travels so much that I decided to call an ordained master of his and here I am on the next chapter of my journey. So no, I didn't buy Gary's stuff to compare it my Sifu. I bought it first, before ever speaking with anyone else.

• Like 2

...so you were "thirsty for power" back then? :rolleyes:

Also, you didn't mention what lacks in Gary's DVD's concerning the Tao Kung exercises. Are there some missing? What do they do?

Itd be much better for you to discuss his material with someone else.

I'm not keen on giving out information that's so dear to me on the net. Plenty of Masters would take your call however.

Edited by h.uriahr
  • Like 2

BTW "real condensing"...that doesn't sound like "condensing breathing" to me?

I think I once emailed the Taichitaocenter about this DVD. And they said to me that it was not even about condensing breathing but about "another form of condensing."

...like condensing Taichiball between your hands maybe?

IF that's true then they don't even have "condensing breathing" in their "advanced" or "professional" section! :blink:

...but as Gary says, condensing breathing is the ultimate base for everything else! So...? :glare:

Edited by h.uriahr

BTW "real condensing"...that doesn't sound like "condensing breathing" to me?

I think I once emailed the Taichitaocenter about this DVD. And they said to me that it was not even about condensing breathing but about "another form of condensing."

...like condensing Taichiball between your hands maybe?

IF that's true then they don't even have "condensing breathing" in their "advanced" or "professional" section!:blink:

...but as Gary says, condensing breathing is the ultimate base for everything else! So...? :glare:

BTW, I also noticed years ago that the book "Essence of Taichi" is only a later-published ripped off version of "Taichi Classics" just without all the precious Jing-stuff!!!!! :angry:

So...?

Excuse me, but I'm not ignorant at all! Just the contrary! B)

Lol The Essence of Tai Chi is EXACTLY that. It's a condensed version of the classics. It's an on the go pocketbook. Look at it's description and it says that.

I'm blessed to have conversed with such a well known and highly esteemed master as yourself Mr. Black. I would seriously think twice about wasting your time with Gregory because it would seem as though you have exactly what you need.

• Like 1

True. But as Waysun Liao says himself in "Taichi Classics": Taichi is worthless without internal power. So how can "Essence of Taichi" being the condensed Essence of Taichi when it lacks exactly that? B)

:lol: Don't josh me because I am a mindful researcher and a deep thinker. I want to advance and therefore I have to digest the useful informations and dismiss the unuseful or I will go nowhere like so many. And I clearly will contact Gregory as I said. I don't know why he wouldn't want to have an extremely motivated and mindful student who will devote his life and all of his energy to advance spiritually through Temple Style Taichi. Do you...? ^_^

You must have an incomplete essence because in my pocketbook it does have condensing and jing training.

Either way, any teacher other than Clyman will be a complete and utter waste of time for you. You have so many preconceived notions that this entire discussion is pointless.

• Like 1

I agree. You have to let go a little Black.

What was it Rourke said in Iron Man 2. "Hey men, Don't get too attached to things. Learn to let go." laugh.gif

It only works if you say it with a Russian accent though ninja.gif

Edited by effilang

Interesting thread, guys. Though I could do without the drama.

Finding Master Liao's book Essence of Tai Chi at the campus bookstore was the catalyst for turning me from a dabbler in Tao Te Ching and a little Tai Chi to someone who seriously wanted to learn Taoist cultivation. And Nine Nights is absolutely wonderful. So I have a lot of respect for Master Liao.

Has anyone else noticed that the condensing breathing exercise in Master Liao's Tai Chi Classics / Essence of Tai Chi is, technically, a different exercise than what Clyman teaches?

Clyman's description of what you to is create an "internal vacuum", sucking in energy from all directions into the imaginary "center line" of the limbs and torso, and also the spine and dan tian.

Liao's description of the exercise, as far as I understand it is you take the chi that is already in the body and squeeze it into the bone marrow of the entire skeleton.

They might both have one particular effect of creating jing, but I am a technical details kind of guy and the technical details are totally different. I would be curious if anyone can clarify this for me.

Also, if anyone is interested in Clyman's stuff but finds it too pricey, check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Chi-Kung-Bible-Self-Help-Mastering/dp/1460938267

As far as Master Liao's stuff goes, it seems pricey to me as well: $50-$100 for 30-60 minutes per DVD, and it is not completely clear how much actual neigong is on them. This has always been kind of a bummer to me. At least with Clyman's stuff you know what you are getting. (What a very Western attitude ^_^ ) "Why the Dan Tian is the Center of Moving Meditation", "How to Locate the Dan Tian", "Advanced Principles of Moving Meditation", "How to Clean Your Energy", and "How to Restore Your Life Energy" seem to have some neigong from the descriptions, but who knows how much Master Liao actually gives away. If anyone has any of these DVDs and could give a review I would very much appreciate it. Dorian, take note, the description of How to Restore Your Life Energy mentions a form of condensing to create jing.

Edited by Creation
  • Like 3