bodyoflight

The Older Generation has really screwed up this world..

bodyoflight,

One of the reasons I left Taiwan altogeher. Too materialistic and "americanised" for my taste. Also mainland China is not better, but there are parts of this country unlike Taiwan who are less influenced by the Western media and extreme material values. China is a huge country wheread Taiwan is a hyperpopulated tiny island. Hard to get lost in there even the Buddhist temples high in the mountains are a mockery, they behave like mini-corporations. Very sad as they have deviated from the true Dharma.

My advice is to seek elsewhere in Asia. There are still pockets left where you can cultivate quietly away from the mundane unawakened world. You can return once you blossomed and teach to the humans who are keen to learn.

Finish your Bagua training or learn as much as you can as the teachers I recommended in the other thread you are great.

All the best in your spiritual path.

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

:)

Elsewhere in Asia? Do you mean Tibet or Thailand?

I hope none here thinks that I am biased towards Taiwan. I have chosen to live and migrate to Taiwan based on several factors. The average Taiwanese is actually more spiritual and less materialistic than China despite the misgivings of my initial post.

Besides, this materialism exists everywhere, not only in asia.

To me, money isn't all that bad. It is just this sole focus on money which is bad. What about the spiritual development of the mind?

There was a thread before which complained that real spiritual secrets are being hidden by spiritual orders.

What I was really angry about is that these important spiritual secrets are being withheld from humanity and instead we get all this bs about money on tv instead.

From what I have gathered, true masters do not actually start a cult of followers. They do not even need a cult of followers. They actually hide themselves until the true searchers seek them out.

Edited by bodyoflight

There is nothing wrong with people choosing to not seek enlightenment.

Look at how many seekers there are, compared to how many true realizers...is the path worth it, if you give up your life and attain nothing? That's up to each person to decide, for themselves. No one else should make their decision for them, or judge them on whether it's right or wrong.

If someone decides that it's not worth it, and simply being a good person is their path, you should respect their decision. Virtue is everything, both when it comes to improving this mundane world, as well as making true spiritual progress. Perhaps that person is further along than yourself, more grounded, and understands more about the consequences of too much "spirituality".

The grandmother is trying to raise her grandchild right, through her wisdom. But you took personal offense, and started condemning basically all of Asia, because they don't pray as hard as you do! :lol:

Prayers are a form of generating light energy in one's body and soul. By telling her grandchild not to pray just as hard, that grandmother is leading her grandchild down the path of delusion and ignorance.

Each of us is born to become enlightened and break the cycle of rebirth and death. Even the money which we earned is actually used to sustain us and others until our bodies become light and we break the cycle of death and rebirth.

There is no such thing as too much spirituality. What is marriage, sex, children, money, fame worth to a true enlightened master who has achieved the following siddhis?

Knowledge of the past and future

Understanding the sounds (language) of all beings

Knowledge of previous existences

Knowing the minds of others

Invisibility

Suspending the ability of the body to be heard, touched, tasted, or smelled

Foreknowledge of the time of death

Strength of any attitude (such as friendliness)

Super strength (such as the strength of an elephant)

Knowledge of subtle, hidden, remote things

Knowledge of worlds, realms, universes, etc.

Knowledge of the arrangement of stars, planets, etc.

Knowledge of the movement of stars, planets, etc.

Knowledge of the arrangement of systems in the body

Freedom from hunger and thirst

Attainment of steadiness or immobility

Visions of Siddhas (perfected beings)

Knowledge of anything and everything

Knowledge of the mind

Knowledge of pure consciousness (purusha)

Psychic hearing, touch, vision, taste, and smell

Entering and controlling the bodies of others

Ability to float or walk on water, swamps, thorns, and other such objects

Ability to glow or radiate light around the body

Super hearing (hearing at vast distances)

Ability to fly

Mastery over the elements (earth, water, fire, air, space)

Making the body atomically small, indestructible, perfect

Perfection of the body in beauty, strength, grace, and brilliance

Mastery over the senses

Quickness of the mind, perception with the senses

Supremacy over all states of existence, omnipotence

Higher knowledge

Discriminating knowledge

Absolute freedom (kaivalyam)

Simply being a good person in life, getting a job, getting married and raising kids, and getting their kids and grandkids to do the same shit over and over again.. that is the true mark of samsara and delusion and ignorance..

Words like yours are true delusions indeed and I would advise you to carefully re-consider saying them to any unenlightened humans unless your wanna propagate bad conditions and bad karma of samsara.

Granted, siddhis like what I have explained above are NOT the main objectives of enlightenment. What I am merely showing is ...

If you are only interested in getting a job/wife/kids in life, then you are truly an animal.

If you are only interested in getting siddhis, then you would become an asura.

However, if you are interested in becoming enlightened without getting attached to any siddhis or any other good stuff gained along the waya, then you will become a deva.

Take it easy. Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood carry water. You should probably have experience getting to the destination first, before telling me that I'm going in the wrong direction.

.. computer ate my post

3rd law of computers

They do what you tell them to

Not what you want them to.

"There is no such thing as too much spirituality. What is marriage, sex, children, money, fame worth to a true enlightened master who has achieved the following siddhis?

Simply being a good person in life, getting a job, getting married and raising kids, and getting their kids and grandkids to do the same shit over and over again.. that is the true mark of samsara and delusion and ignorance..

Words like yours are true delusions indeed and I would advise you to carefully re-consider saying them to any unenlightened humans unless your wanna propagate bad conditions and bad karma of samsara.

If you are only interested in getting a job/wife/kids in life, then you are truly an animal.

If you are only interested in getting siddhis, then you would become an asura."

Give up everything for a long shot to be..what godlike? If I saw people floating around, walking on water and through walls I might be inspired. But they're not around, not my neighborhood anyway. I don't even know if we do go around again and again. Mathematically the numbers don't work out on this earthly plane. Plus if I don't remember anything it doesn't really matter.

Chop Wood, carry water, have good times, grab some wisdom, make some friends, be passionate. Super powers are for comic books. There's real work to be done.

Michael

• Like 1

"There is no such thing as too much spirituality. What is marriage, sex, children, money, fame worth to a true enlightened master who has achieved the following siddhis?

If you are only interested in getting siddhis, then you would become an asura."

Give up everything for a long shot to be..what godlike? If I saw people floating around, walking on water and through walls I might be inspired. But they're not around, not my neighborhood anyway. I don't even know if we do go around again and again. Mathematically the numbers don't work out on this earthly plane. Plus if I don't remember anything it doesn't really matter.

Chop Wood, carry water, have good times, grab some wisdom, make some friends, be passionate. Super powers are for comic books. There's real work to be done.

Michael

those "superpowers" are as natural as breathing.. abilities innate to every person out there..

and u need these "superpowers" in order to do real work..

let me give u a secret.. the real powers behind politics, economies and corporations are those in the white lodges, black lodges and gray lodges.. and these people have "superpowers".. hell even the cia operatives have "superpowers"

if you do not develop these abilities, then that is no different from ignoring your high school and university education .. you are simply under-developing yourself and doing yourself a huge disfavour..

you will be making yourself vulnerable to those with "superpowers" and god knows that 99% of the world's population are beginning to develop these powers since last year 2010

Edited by bodyoflight

There is nothing wrong with people choosing to not seek enlightenment.

Look at how many seekers there are, compared to how many true realizers...is the path worth it, if you give up your life and attain nothing? That's up to each person to decide, for themselves. No one else should make their decision for them, or judge them on whether it's right or wrong.

If someone decides that it's not worth it, and simply being a good person is their path, you should respect their decision. Virtue is everything, both when it comes to improving this mundane world, as well as making true spiritual progress. Perhaps that person is further along than yourself, more grounded, and understands more about the consequences of too much "spirituality".

The grandmother is trying to raise her grandchild right, through her wisdom. But you took personal offense, and started condemning basically all of Asia, because they don't pray as hard as you do! :lol:

Well said, center! :)

Well, what's crazy is that here we sit, in front of our computers, staring into a little square screen.....

It is insane. All of it. If you can subscribe to the We Are All One theory, which many of us here do, then whether we are 63 or 13, it doesn't matter. The only thing separating us is the element of Time. Inside we are all the same being, spread out over the illusion of a one day at a time existence. To look at a particular group of any sort with accusation is merely to point the finger at one's self. We're all one, here and now. Blame is a waste of time and energy, it's useless.

At some level, things are right on track. As Taoists or some variation thereof, this is our strength. We know that. There is no need for fear.

At some level, things are right on track. There is no need for fear.

What level would that be?

The reason there's no need for fear is because it is a (useless for some) emotion that keeps a person in check.

My 2 cts :)

• Like 1

those "superpowers" are as natural as breathing.. abilities innate to every person out there..

and u need these "superpowers" in order to do real work..

let me give u a secret.. the real powers behind politics, economies and corporations are those in the white lodges, black lodges and gray lodges.. and these people have "superpowers".. hell even the cia operatives have "superpowers"

if you do not develop these abilities, then that is no different from ignoring your high school and university education .. you are simply under-developing yourself and doing yourself a huge disfavour..

you will be making yourself vulnerable to those with "superpowers" and god knows that 99% of the world's population are beginning to develop these powers since last year 2010

Of all my fears, being attacked by those with superpowers is pretty low. From the history I've read the 'real powers behind the world' tend to be relatively clueless and are swept along by the forces of history just like the rest of us.

Its not that I'm against those seeking Siddhis. Its good to reach your potential, the good stuff doesn't come without years/decades of long dedicated practice. But life needs balance. The book I'm reading now (9 1/2 Mystics) makes a good point, The line between mystic and psychotic can be very thin.

Give up friends and family in order to walk through walls, fly, etc, my bet is you end up with nothing. Ultimately there are doors and airplanes. Even Pangs demonstrations of lighting things can be done w/ a .99 cent lighter. But I've read an interview with one of his Western students who wrote the practice brought him closer to God and his family. He didn't gain powers he gained clarity. To me thats impressive.

Also I've seen experienced meditators fall prey to paranoia. If we don't work at being positive, especially those doing energy work, we may end up paranoid and scared, tuned into dark imaginings. Antidotes are doing charity and/or the secret smile practice. Sometimes staying neutral isn't enough.

In any case, what powers are you shooting for? Any manifestations?

Michael

Of all my fears, being attacked by those with superpowers is pretty low. From the history I've read the 'real powers behind the world' tend to be relatively clueless and are swept along by the forces of history just like the rest of us.

Its not that I'm against those seeking Siddhis. Its good to reach your potential, the good stuff doesn't come without years/decades of long dedicated practice. But life needs balance. The book I'm reading now (9 1/2 Mystics) makes a good point, The line between mystic and psychotic can be very thin.

Give up friends and family in order to walk through walls, fly, etc, my bet is you end up with nothing. Ultimately there are doors and airplanes. Even Pangs demonstrations of lighting things can be done w/ a .99 cent lighter. But I've read an interview with one of his Western students who wrote the practice brought him closer to God and his family. He didn't gain powers he gained clarity. To me thats impressive.

Also I've seen experienced meditators fall prey to paranoia. If we don't work at being positive, especially those doing energy work, we may end up paranoid and scared, tuned into dark imaginings. Antidotes are doing charity and/or the secret smile practice. Sometimes staying neutral isn't enough.

In any case, what powers are you shooting for? Any manifestations?

Michael

It is no secret now that there are many races of beings, some human, some non-human, exist in this universe and beyond.

The human race is among the most inferior races of sentient beings, if not the most inferior race itself.

How do you think these ET human and non-human races live their everyday lives? What kind of technology do they have? What kind of spiritual abilities do they have? How do they combine technology and spirituality?

Do you think they live, eat and sleep everyday with only thoughts of procreation on their minds?

The history you read is hardly the history you know. The real history of human kind is never written down but can only be determined through remote viewing.

You are pretty fearless about being attacked by superpowers cos you wouldn't know about these attacks even if they are coming at you.

What do you think cause disease? Poverty? Relationship problems? Crimes? Wealth? Good health?

Can the same forces which cause the disasters in life be manipulated to cause good events in life? Can advanced humans manipulate these universal forces to cause certain events in an unevolved human's life like yours?

Life needs balance? That is so new-agey and the type of propaganda lies which the CIA are fond of coming up with. I wouldn't be surprised if someone injected these brainwashing thought forms into you.

And no, you do not need technology to brainwash a person. You can brainwash a person with your mind alone if you are highly advanced in your evolution.

Edited by bodyoflight

Siddhis are no different from getting a university degree or a black belt in karate.

These are knowledge/abilities which can be used for good and bad purposes.

To deny yourself from gaining siddhis which can prevent you from fully developing yourself and limit your contributions to humanity is a sin not only to yourself, but they are also sins to your fellow men, to humanity and to the creator himself.

Imagine the whole of humanity being endowed with siddhis and using these abilities to create miracles in science, spirituality and technology.

The word "limits" would be wiped out from the dictionary altogether.

Michael thelerner, your concept of a balanced life plainly shows your fears about being alone and your desire to remain in samsara. You are one of those that are actually hindering the evolution of the human race, unfortunately.

Edited by bodyoflight

Life needs balance? That is so new-agey and the type of propaganda lies which the CIA are fond of coming up with

I thought it was a fundamental principle of Taoism. :)

"The human race is among the most inferior races of sentient beings, if not the most inferior race itself."

Uh-oh. Now I'm offended.

However, you're possibly onto something Mr Bof. But I don't believe for a second that humans "are" inferior but that they've/we've/I've become that way

When/how/why? Many stories and theories around. Be careful which ones you believe and which you don't :)

And be especially careful WHY you choose some to believe and others not to be believe.

I'd say if you're looking for "CIA" style siddhis, go join the CIA, it's really that simple :) They probably teach the more hardcore stuff :)

• Like 1

"The human race is among the most inferior races of sentient beings, if not the most inferior race itself."

Uh-oh. Now I'm offended.

However, you're possibly onto something Mr Bof. But I don't believe for a second that humans "are" inferior but that they've/we've/I've become that way

When/how/why? Many stories and theories around. Be careful which ones you believe and which you don't :)

And be especially careful WHY you choose some to believe and others not to be believe.

I'd say if you're looking for "CIA" style siddhis, go join the CIA, it's really that simple :) They probably teach the more hardcore stuff :)

siddhis are just siddhis.. they don't belong to the CIA or buddhism or taoism anymore than the sun belonging to your or me..

as for the rest of your post, well if you have a more truthful version of human history than the one I have learnt over the years, I am all ears..

I didn't mean to offend, but friends and family are important. There are times we need others because its easy to fool ourselves. Plus they inject fun and drama into our lives. Its also important to be able to support oneself.

Aliens and stuff, whether they're around or not, I don't know how much we can blame on them. We screw things up pretty well all by ourselves, no need for a X factor, alien or devil IMO.

Siddhis are different then a College degree. I can see my engineer friend do engineering work, same for a teacher friend, art person etc. I don't see people flying, walking on water, etc. Take India, they have a huge population of holy men, people who spend every waking hour in prayer and meditation. They're not floating around.

Bodyoflight, I'm not hindering human evolution :) though I'm flattered you think I'm that powerful. I enjoy being alone, and I enjoy being with friends and family. I need both for balance; we all get a little crazy sometimes.

I enjoy doing esoteric stuff, I've done unusual retreats, like Max's Kunlun, searched w/ a group for ET's in the desert, gone on Burns. I have acquaintances who are pretty far out and a good friend who talks to aliens regularly (she's a great teacher). Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, but its very important to be grounded.

The best can be both, head high, feet solid. If you're only into Siddhis and aliens you can get paranoid and your life can start to really suck. You begin to think its 'them' doing it to you. Its not, 'they' don't care about you, its the beginning of a psychotic episode and before it get too far its important to have friends to pull you back a bit.

At 47 I've been involved in alternate culture for while. I've seen people crash and burn. Most get back on there feet. Some don't. You can do serious cultivation without problems but keep contact with others. Balance.

Michael

• Like 3

siddhis are just siddhis.. they don't belong to the CIA or buddhism or taoism anymore than the sun belonging to your or me..

as for the rest of your post, well if you have a more truthful version of human history than the one I have learnt over the years, I am all ears..

"siddhis are just siddhis.. they don't belong to the CIA or buddhism or taoism anymore than the sun belonging to your or me.."

Agree! Interesting notion that the appropriation of such would be...oh wait :ninja:

"as for the rest of your post, well if you have a more truthful version of human history than the one I have learnt over the years, I am all ears..."

"More truthful"

Well, ain't that a doozer ;)

Hang around here enough and you'll find out all kinds of truths (and stuff, and cake)

"siddhis are just siddhis.. they don't belong to the CIA or buddhism or taoism anymore than the sun belonging to your or me.."

Agree! Interesting notion that the appropriation of such would be...oh wait :ninja:

"as for the rest of your post, well if you have a more truthful version of human history than the one I have learnt over the years, I am all ears..."

"More truthful"

Well, ain't that a doozer ;)

Hang around here enough and you'll find out all kinds of truths (and stuff, and cake)

Naruhodo!

At least, it is better than finding out all kinds of mistruths spewed by rats in other forums.

This forum is more truthful than most, I suppose and rats have a harder time surviving in here.

Namaste!

Please have a good week ahead! The SUN is shining so bright today my eyes hurt! B)

Edited by bodyoflight

I didn't mean to offend, but friends and family are important. There are times we need others because its easy to fool ourselves. Plus they inject fun and drama into our lives. Its also important to be able to support oneself.

Offended?.. incredulous is more like it

Aliens and stuff, whether they're around or not, I don't know how much we can blame on them. We screw things up pretty well all by ourselves, no need for a X factor, alien or devil IMO.

As I said, I feel pretty incredulous that those who claim to know everything actually know very little, and those who know a lot keep their mouth shut.

Siddhis are different then a College degree. I can see my engineer friend do engineering work, same for a teacher friend, art person etc. I don't see people flying, walking on water, etc. Take India, they have a huge population of holy men, people who spend every waking hour in prayer and meditation. They're not floating around.

And that is where the buddhist view on attachment to your sensory senses come into play.

You see the world with your physical sight and you accrue false views about the world based on the very limited information gathered from your physical sight.

Bodyoflight, I'm not hindering human evolution :) though I'm flattered you think I'm that powerful. I enjoy being alone, and I enjoy being with friends and family. I need both for balance; we all get a little crazy sometimes.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I enjoy doing esoteric stuff, I've done unusual retreats, like Max's Kunlun, searched w/ a group for ET's in the desert, gone on Burns. I have acquaintances who are pretty far out and a good friend who talks to aliens regularly (she's a great teacher). Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, but its very important to be grounded.

There is a difference between being grounded and being afraid of change.

The best can be both, head high, feet solid. If you're only into Siddhis and aliens you can get paranoid and your life can start to really suck. You begin to think its 'them' doing it to you. Its not, 'they' don't care about you, its the beginning of a psychotic episode and before it get too far its important to have friends to pull you back a bit.

Uh-huh.. I see.. Btw do you know the richest, most powerful (spiritually, financially, mentally or otherwise) and most evolved people on this earth are also only into Siddhis and aliens?

At 47 I've been involved in alternate culture for while. I've seen people crash and burn. Most get back on there feet. Some don't. You can do serious cultivation without problems but keep contact with others. Balance.

Michael

I have also seen a lot of new-agers who pretend to do spiritual work all for the sake of appearing cool enough so that they will find a spouse to love them or friends to accept them.

It is because they did not receive enough love when they were young and now that they are grown up, they would ignore the truth and love in themselves and seek to find the love which they lacked outside themselves.

Pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

The human race is among the most inferior races of sentient beings, if not the most inferior race itself.

I believe the human race has unlimited potential, simply most haven't realized that potential yet

"It is because they did not receive enough love when they were young and now that they are grown up, they would ignore the truth and love in themselves and seek to find the love which they lacked outside themselves.

Pretty pathetic, if you ask me. "

Yup. I'm pretty pathetic.

Seriously, I didn't receive enough love when I was young and that really caused a lot of problems. Not my fault :) (although some would beg to differ) "Truth" is something I can deal with, paradoxically. And it sometimes (mostly?) has nothing whatsoever to do with "love" :)

• Like 1

Michael

Solid!

Wish I could phrase like that.

Thanks Michael