Sign in to follow this  
sean

The Secret of Conscious Co-Creation

i've come to the conclusion that thinking about or wanting to manifest stuff is useless if it's not an act of service to the universe.

manifesting some cash for a holiday is bullshit.

manifesting some cash to make life easier so you can do what needs to be done for the universe is the right trip.... that's what i'm on about.

i've come to the conclusion that thinking about or wanting to manifest stuff is useless if it's not an act of service to the universe.

manifesting some cash for a holiday is bullshit.

manifesting some cash to make life easier so you can do what needs to be done for the universe is the right trip.... that's what i'm on about.

not so fast...when you spend the cash you are helping someone..every action, no matter how trivial is connected..

i do understand your point, just saying don't be so quick to judge something..

I'd clarify that to say that the highest act of service is to feel joy regardless of the manifestation or the perceived degree of service. There are too many dour service types out there, grumpy parents who think they are doing a good service job for their kids, or bombing people for God, etc. It's easy to trick yourself about being service oriented, egoless, Christian etc. but it's harder to trick yourself about being blissful. A much better barometer for compassion.

In your 20s, you still have a lot of joyful energy you can take for granted so you can take up an "it's all about service, bliss be damned" but that philosophy will clog up in your 30s. At least, that's what happened to me forcing a shift away from traditional service oriented philosophy to a bliss oriented one. I'm just now climbing out of the wreckage of all that. I really took the service thing to the breaking point!

-Yoda

I really think that the key to mainfesting is coming to a point where there is no internal subversion to what you want. That all of you wants it and there is no "yes but...I am not good enough, its not service oriented, what will people or God think. Then the outer world can fall into place. Also I think we need to be in the habit of genuinly giving in our daily life. Otherwise there may be an unforeseen price extracted from our manifesting.

I agree with Yoda that it must generate bliss. But isn't this service? Especially thinking of my kids. Will a trip to hawaii inspire my eight year old in a way I can't plan to go on and become a great marine biologist? The consequences of following our bliss in the moment cannot be foreseen. Also I think I need to feel gratitude and reverence for nature also, or wherever we see as the origin of all that is good.

My whole family are away in Vienna where my wife is from so I'll be putting in a lot of work and play in this area.

Bill

I really think that the key to mainfesting is coming to a point where there is no internal subversion to what you want. That all of you wants it and there is no "yes but...I am not good enough, its not service oriented, what will people or God think. Then the outer world can fall into place. Also I think we need to be in the habit of genuinly giving in our daily life. Otherwise there may be an unforeseen price extracted from our manifesting.

I agree with Yoda that it must generate bliss. But isn't this service? Especially thinking of my kids. Will a trip to hawaii inspire my eight year old in a way I can't plan to go on and become a great marine biologist? The consequences of following our bliss in the moment cannot be foreseen. Also I think I need to feel gratitude and reverence for nature also, or wherever we see as the origin of all that is good.

My whole family are away in Vienna where my wife is from so I'll be putting in a lot of work and play in this area.

Bill

I really like the first part of your post.

I know the concept pisses a lot of people off - but I believe everyone is constantly manifesting... I dont mean this in just the physical sense, I mean it in a broad sense. People come out with 'the starving children in africa' argument - and to be honest I think that's just an example of that idea - that people are already manifesting everything in this universe - no need for some magic process - it's already happening all the time.

In the case of starving african children - the manifestation works both ways - we see children in africa as starving and impoverished - they see westerners as rich and healthy - this is a system of perpetual manifestation... we each asign ourselves and others a role to play - it's much easier to just play the role than to break free from it.

I think things like live8 and all those charities are part of the problem - we're fed a cultural meme... that africans starve, they're impoverished and have aids - that's their role, they have to play the role in our eyes, if 'reality' as we colectively know it, is to remain intact. All these charities do is continually bombard us with the same message - they're starving! they're poor! They reinforce this manifestation constantly. Seriously - just do a little thought experiment - imagine in your mind - one after the other - 7 different africans... how many of them were not poor and starving?

I had a lengthy conversation with a priest from africa about this - he ofcourse presumed that all I thought about his country was 'starvation', and he was very angry about that - because if so many millions of people focus on one thing, then what's the likelyhood of something completely in opposition to that happening? The africans believe themselves to be poor and starving - that's their reality because that's our reality.

Yes - I am saying that we colectively manifest starvation in africa, and in other countries.

tumoessence said that to really manifest something new one needs to be free of all opposition to that happening. This is very true - manifestation takes the road of least resistance - in terms of starving africans the least resistance is for it to stay as it is... and in fact get worse - because we've and they've been so brainwashed in accepting their role and our role - as the rich and the poor.

The thing is microcosmically we're just like that - we have little roles that we play... we have little opposing polarities that force us to swing back and forth - or to try and hold and grasp on to one end hoping you will never reach the other end.... that's what creates tension - thet's what creates resistance.

If you want to be rich - you dont want to be poor - so you end up clinging to money sources in a constant struggle to stay away from poverty - this is a polarity of tension - this person would never be able to willfully manifest money without serious repercussions. You first need to bring all your inner tensions to neutrality before trying to manifest things that will have a powerfull 'ecological' effect (as in benefiting everyone!) because if you have any egoic tensions, then they'll manifest in your outer life too!

I'd clarify that to say that the highest act of service is to feel joy regardless of the manifestation or the perceived degree of service. There are too many dour service types out there, grumpy parents who think they are doing a good service job for their kids, or bombing people for God, etc. It's easy to trick yourself about being service oriented, egoless, Christian etc. but it's harder to trick yourself about being blissful. A much better barometer for compassion.

In your 20s, you still have a lot of joyful energy you can take for granted so you can take up an "it's all about service, bliss be damned" but that philosophy will clog up in your 30s. At least, that's what happened to me forcing a shift away from traditional service oriented philosophy to a bliss oriented one. I'm just now climbing out of the wreckage of all that. I really took the service thing to the breaking point!

pfffffffft.

service IS bliss.

read my signature.

all those examples you listed are not service....

i guess i'll define my take on it then.

intially service is all about you, building yourself up spiritually, allowing yourself to evolve and be the best you can...... as one does that eventually the 'force' steps in and one just knows what to do.

service is allowing the 'force' to act through you.

thus when in service every action is an action of service because one is acting in just exactly the way the universe requires. it can be blissful in actuality it MUST be blissful because the force is pure love.... and laughter is our tool to exist here easily.

i dunno if anyone will actually get what i'm saying, and it doesn't really matter..... but that's where i'm at, and i'm being rewarded for it.

I suck at service... I can tell you'll do it much better than I did. Good luck with it!

I suck at service... I can tell you'll do it much better than I did. Good luck with it!

There's a really nice book by Ram Dass and someone else, called "how can I help?".

Kudos to you Freeform for daring to bring this thought up!

I've thought a lot about this myself but I would never dare to say it out because, one really comes across as a delusional idiot from people with a less mystical view of the world. It IS a very provocative perspective..

I told Ron Jeremy at one point to stop manifesting his Chemtrails meme, to stop spreading it and convincing us about the reality of this negative possibility. By doing that ofcourse I opened myself up to the incredibly rude reply from him. I could have tried to defend myself but it is extremely hard go into discussions about matters like these with people who are not willing to consider these concepts. One is merely making a fool out of oneself. Here at taobums however I think we are all more or less open to the idea..

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...1&hl=chemtrails

I really like the first part of your post.

I know the concept pisses a lot of people off - but I believe everyone is constantly manifesting... I dont mean this in just the physical sense, I mean it in a broad sense. People come out with 'the starving children in africa' argument - and to be honest I think that's just an example of that idea - that people are already manifesting everything in this universe - no need for some magic process - it's already happening all the time.

In the case of starving african children - the manifestation works both ways - we see children in africa as starving and impoverished - they see westerners as rich and healthy - this is a system of perpetual manifestation... we each asign ourselves and others a role to play - it's much easier to just play the role than to break free from it.

I think things like live8 and all those charities are part of the problem - we're fed a cultural meme... that africans starve, they're impoverished and have aids - that's their role, they have to play the role in our eyes, if 'reality' as we colectively know it, is to remain intact. All these charities do is continually bombard us with the same message - they're starving! they're poor! They reinforce this manifestation constantly. Seriously - just do a little thought experiment - imagine in your mind - one after the other - 7 different africans... how many of them were not poor and starving?

I had a lengthy conversation with a priest from africa about this - he ofcourse presumed that all I thought about his country was 'starvation', and he was very angry about that - because if so many millions of people focus on one thing, then what's the likelyhood of something completely in opposition to that happening? The africans believe themselves to be poor and starving - that's their reality because that's our reality.

Yes - I am saying that we colectively manifest starvation in africa, and in other countries.

tumoessence said that to really manifest something new one needs to be free of all opposition to that happening. This is very true - manifestation takes the road of least resistance - in terms of starving africans the least resistance is for it to stay as it is... and in fact get worse - because we've and they've been so brainwashed in accepting their role and our role - as the rich and the poor.

The thing is microcosmically we're just like that - we have little roles that we play... we have little opposing polarities that force us to swing back and forth - or to try and hold and grasp on to one end hoping you will never reach the other end.... that's what creates tension - thet's what creates resistance.

If you want to be rich - you dont want to be poor - so you end up clinging to money sources in a constant struggle to stay away from poverty - this is a polarity of tension - this person would never be able to willfully manifest money without serious repercussions. You first need to bring all your inner tensions to neutrality before trying to manifest things that will have a powerfull 'ecological' effect (as in benefiting everyone!) because if you have any egoic tensions, then they'll manifest in your outer life too!

Kudos to you Freeform for daring to bring this thought up!

I've thought a lot about this myself but I would never dare to say it out because, one really comes across as a delusional idiot from people with a less mystical view of the world. It IS a very provocative perspective..

Thanks, DustWalker - I completely agree this is a very provocative view. I think the problem with discussing such ideas is emotion... emotion gets involved and we lose our perspective, we just try to satisfy our emotional yearning for return to whatever stability we started with.

It's also provocative because people take an idea like that and then expand it past its own limits. "So are you saying that during the jewish genocide, if everyone believed that they weren't being killed then they wouldn't die?" Ofcourse not!

Life is a dance between us and the reality out there. The fact is 'reality out there' is more likely to affect us in the short term than the 'reality in here'. Even though quite often the 'reality out there' is caused by someone's 'reality in here'. Hitler managed to manifest the war and horror that was going on in his ego 'out there'. The war and horror in his ego was caused by the interplay between events 'out there' and events 'in here'. (oh and his amphetamine addiction didn't help!) It all manifested itself very naturaly - it happened without any great amount of direct will - and that's the case with most manifestation - it just happens.

As the mediators between the creative heaven and supportive earth - we help create everything around us, but most of us are asleep - so whatever happens, just happens without any concious intention - every now and then someone with a little bit of intention comes in and fucks everything up or helps a lot - but again that's expected to happen now and then in a world of sleeping robots.

Call me an unenlightened sleeping robot, but I don't buy the whole these things (everything) are manifested through the power of our thoughts. I think there are long, often complicated chains of causality at work, like lines of dominoes knocking down each other moving in multiple directions.

Actions are making this mess. Actions due to too much greed, self interest and short sightedness. I don't even think greed and self interest of themselves are neccessarily bad. Only when they get out of whack and extreme.

I don't even buy the We are enlightened and they(the masses) are sleeping robots. I find the average Joe to be pretty savvy once you have them cornered and talking one on one.

I give my kudos to the man with the rolled up sleeves and shovel in his hand over the yogi sitting on a zafu any day.

I guess the real answer is you do both.

Michael

A possible origin of the word "abracadabra":

Another theory argues the phrase comes from the Aramaic phrase "avrah kedabra," which translates to "I will create as I speak." Given magicians' flair for the dramatic, that makes sense to us.

A possible origin of the word "abracadabra":

Another theory argues the phrase comes from the Aramaic phrase "avrah kedabra," which translates to "I will create as I speak." Given magicians' flair for the dramatic, that makes sense to us.

Aleister Crowley spent a great deal of his life intensely studying and deriving magick rituals from the similar word "]"abrahadabra"[/i]. Most Thelemites follow suit, here's a whole site devoted to it. 418, the gematriac value of this word among other things, has a lot of significance to me.

Sean

[edit]shit, I fucked it up. When I first posted this it was 4:18 on the dot, completely coincidentally. But I edited the post to point it out and it updated the time. <_<

Just goes to show the perfection of not trying. When you try, and say ' HEY look at this', too often the magic goes away. :huh:

B)

Michael

Sign in to follow this