forestofemptiness

Why Not Use those Martial Arts and Qigong to be.... A SUPERHERO!

"Special powers" don't usually fare too well against bullets, as was seen in the Boxer Rebellion, as well as those warriors in the Congo who thought that their shaman's spell would keep them bulletproof...it didn't work. But maybe Starjumper's buddies have had better training! ;)

They may not necessarily true. After reading watching "East of Krakatoa" and reading "The Magus of Java" John Chang was able to stop air rifle bullets with his bare hands by using Yin Qi to absorb the energy of the bullets. He even helped two others (his students) to do so.

They may not necessarily true. After reading watching "East of Krakatoa" and reading "The Magus of Java" John Chang was able to stop air rifle bullets with his bare hands by using Yin Qi to absorb the energy of the bullets. He even helped two others (his students) to do so.

Muggers don't use air rifles....

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Muggers don't use air rifles....

Lol. Not going to say all Johns students are as strong as him. But do you really think that's all he's capable of taking?

Just saying.. when you say muggers don't use air rifles, it implies "anyone who encounters a mugger isn't going to be able to take the bullet".

There are some that can, and they don't use air rifles either ;)

It's just not likely haha.

Lol. Not going to say all Johns students are as strong as him. But do you really think that's all he's capable of taking?

Just saying.. when you say muggers don't use air rifles, it implies "anyone who encounters a mugger isn't going to be able to take the bullet".

There are some that can, and they don't use air rifles either wink.gif

It's just not likely haha.

z.

Edited by zerostao

"Special powers" don't usually fare too well against bullets, as was seen in the Boxer Rebellion, as well as those warriors in the Congo who thought that their shaman's spell would keep them bulletproof...it didn't work. But maybe Starjumper's buddies have had better training! ;)

Some have, yes, and several "information gathering" services, or if you will, "assassinating services", are quite familiar with the whole thing. Also, taking muggers out is perfectly legal.

Also, taking muggers out is perfectly legal.

Depends on where it's happening.

And where is it happening? Where would one go to learn this? Where are the teachers who teach this?

And where is it happening? Where would one go to learn this? Where are the teachers who teach this?

Most of them are in Washington state with some in Southwestern Canada and a couple further afield, one in Europe. Those are the ones in my family, no doubt there are others elsewhere.

I'm always happy to introduce good students to them, in fact I know one who is out of work and hurting for some bucks and wants to teach.

I don't teach it, I'm learning it, well I recently started teaching some of the basics.

I seen the gun stuff done plenty of times but I haven't done much gun training myself. Still, if the person pulling a gun on me was closer that say four feet I might go for it. I don't specialize in the martial arts, i specialize in the alchemy for health and happiness, and of all my teacher's students that he taught Tien Shan chi kung to, probably around a dozen or a little more; no one else is teaching the chi kung in the way my teacher taught it. My fearless clan leader teaches it a little bit, but I think it's more like a few of the exercises rather than the 10,000, it's still very good to be sure.

Edited by Starjumper7

I figure the reason that I'm the only one of my brothers teaching the chi kung (looking for the one who might inherit the ring) is because I'm an idiot You can check the Origins page on my website to see what it says about 'mysterious rings'. :ph34r:

I figure the reason that I'm the only one of my brothers teaching the chi kung (looking for the one who might inherit the ring) is because I'm an idiot You can check the Origins page on my website to see what it says about 'mysterious rings'. :ph34r:

I think it's good that people are being more open about their practices :)

I really do think there are lots of people who have a genuine desire to get in contact with legitimate teachings, and legitimate practices, and their only limitation is location, the ability to travel, and expenses.

If there's something, anything at all, that can be taught by book or video, I strongly encourage people to make them.

I've been on the receiving end of a fraudulent martial arts school (started when I was 14, left at 16). It was the only one in my area claiming to teach what I wanted to learn. Unfortunately, I didn't have anywhere else to go. It wasn't until it suddenly smacked me in the face that I could get some books or DVD's (my teachers had always told me learning from them was impossible), that I realized, uh, that 1 book or DVD from a legitimate teacher was worth over a year's worth of classes from a less than reputable teacher.

I'm the only one of my brothers teaching the chi kung

Sorry, i might have lied there. One of my kung fu sisters was teaching a couple of ladies in her basement in Seattle last I checked, which was too long ago, I should recheck. :)

We probably can't be like in the comics, but I'm sure there are some who can take a few bullets unharmed.

No way, but it's possible to sense when someone is aiming something at you ... and there are ways of foiling this ability.

And to the clever fellow who asked what a master would do if someone sprayed pepper spray at them:

It's kind of like this: If you can't read the person's intent from a distance, and if you don't see that they have something concealed in their hand, and if you don't see them raise their hand into firing position or prevent it, and if you don't see them push the trigger, and if you don't close your eyes tightly, and if you don't exhale, duck, and jump away quickly, then you get what you got coming.

Awareness.

Edited by Starjumper7

I think it's good that people are being more open about their practices :)

I really do think there are lots of people who have a genuine desire to get in contact with legitimate teachings, and legitimate practices, and their only limitation is location, the ability to travel, and expenses.

If there's something, anything at all, that can be taught by book or video, I strongly encourage people to make them.

I've been on the receiving end of a fraudulent martial arts school (started when I was 14, left at 16). It was the only one in my area claiming to teach what I wanted to learn. Unfortunately, I didn't have anywhere else to go. It wasn't until it suddenly smacked me in the face that I could get some books or DVD's (my teachers had always told me learning from them was impossible), that I realized, uh, that 1 book or DVD from a legitimate teacher was worth over a year's worth of classes from a less than reputable teacher.

That's all very nice but I'm about to give up on friggin' Americans on forums! 99.99% 0bviously DO NOT want the real thing, that's obviuos as hell, and the precentages seem to low to bother playing with. Of course my definition of real is probably way off in left field

For some reason I'm feeling a sense of urgency now. Since I need to find one to be the inheritor, and since I should have at least ten students who want to go all the way to the top, and since I would need to run through 1000 people just to find one, and since it takes eight or ten years to 'get' it, and since I'm 61 now ... the top martial artist on the planet left us the samurai way because 99.99% of Americans ... (fuck it).

Maybe some Australians would be interested? :)

For ten cents in two years I'll be living in a remote wilderness far from America, and raising an army of 'natives' to be Taoist wizards, they aren't chicken.

Then anyone who wants to find a real (Dragon) thing will have to work a little harder, most would rather go to a two day seminar in their city and pay a 1000$ for some beginner shit.

So I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by Starjumper7

... and since I would need to run through 1000 people just to find one ...

that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not as much as you might think.

I realized that the way I wrote that will provide a handy excuse for those who aren't serious (99.9%).

I don't kick people out (except for one flake) most people simply don't like peace and bliss or they are too busy.

I can provide a list of what I thin is required for the 'right stuff' ... and then I will attempt to extricate myself from the forum once again. Time is short and I'm tired of wasting it. The main reason I've been here for the last two or three weeks is because I hurt my knee and have been hanging out, getting a flat spot on my butt (there's an air hose at the gas station down the street) but not as bad as a case of male office worker flatbutt.

and here is the ring I described earlier. Ancient Tien Shan wizard's ring, now owned by a dragon.

I guess now it's a carrot.

I put the mysterious ring on on the shortest day of the year

when the moon glowed . . . red

something that only happens once every 500 to 1500 years

a time for new beginnings

I also started courting then too.

The fun thing is that although I knew there was an eclipse it was overcast here and I knew I wouldn't see it so I forgot about it and lost track of time =) so it was . . . synchronicity ... again.

post-616-129442268147_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starjumper7

and here is the ring I described earlier. Ancient Tien Shan wizard's ring, now owned by a dragon.

I guess now it's a carrot.

I put the mysterious ring on on the shortest day of the year

when the moon glowed . . . red

something that only happens once every 500 to 1500 years

a time for new beginnings

I also started courting then too.

The fun thing is that although I knew there was an eclipse it was overcast here and I knew I wouldn't see it so I forgot about it and lost track of time =) so it was . . . synchronicity ... again.

SJ,

I have no idea what you are saying here ... your ring has turned into a carrot?

I call that bad luck.

Why not use those skills to heal instead? External conflict is only the tip of a very large iceberg.

SJ,

I have no idea what you are saying here ... your ring has turned into a carrot?

I call that bad luck.

Yes, my ring turned into a carrot on a stick.

Not bad luck, more like human nature, are humans lucky?

Why not use those skills to heal instead? External conflict is only the tip of a very large iceberg.

Who said I didn't? I said I specialize in the alchemy, not in killing people without really trying. However I decided they should go together.

That's all very nice but I'm about to give up on friggin' Americans on forums! 99.99% 0bviously DO NOT want the real thing, that's obviuos as hell, and the precentages seem to low to bother playing with. Of course my definition of real is probably way off in left field

For some reason I'm feeling a sense of urgency now. Since I need to find one to be the inheritor, and since I should have at least ten students who want to go all the way to the top, and since I would need to run through 1000 people just to find one, and since it takes eight or ten years to 'get' it, and since I'm 61 now ... the top martial artist on the planet left us the samurai way because 99.99% of Americans ... (fuck it).

Maybe some Australians would be interested? smile.gif

For ten cents in two years I'll be living in a remote wilderness far from America, and raising an army of 'natives' to be Taoist wizards, they aren't chicken.

Then anyone who wants to find a real (Dragon) thing will have to work a little harder, most would rather go to a two day seminar in their city and pay a 1000$ for some beginner shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1efX8sQLPVQ

i never quite understood the metaphor about being chicken. they don't mind fighting.

Edited by zerostao

Put out a book or DVD that has some practices to get people going.

People who don't want the real stuff, or who can't make it to higher levels (for whatever reason) won't get significantly past that material.

People who want the real stuff, can recognize the real stuff, and have the talent and dedication to move on, will run with that material, then after a while seek you out for personal instruction. From there on you can teach them the next stuff, and then screen potential new students after they have already gotten some basics of the basics down.

If there's one thing I've noticed about some teachers- they have students from all over the world. If they want to learn, they'll find you. If you put stuff out there, it will find its way to the right student.

Put out a book or DVD that has some practices to get people going.

People who don't want the real stuff, or who can't make it to higher levels (for whatever reason) won't get significantly past that material.

People who want the real stuff, can recognize the real stuff, and have the talent and dedication to move on, will run with that material, then after a while seek you out for personal instruction. From there on you can teach them the next stuff, and then screen potential new students after they have already gotten some basics of the basics down.

If there's one thing I've noticed about some teachers- they have students from all over the world. If they want to learn, they'll find you. If you put stuff out there, it will find its way to the right student.

seems sensible