Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Wikileaks - Thoughts

41 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Wikileaks?

• Wikileaks is endangering national security
    • Wikileaks is real journalism, and only doing the medias job.
    • Wikipedia?

Oh the irony :lol: Progressives worried about the application of a law pushed through by the most progressive US president ever!

Personally, I think Pvt Manning should be put on trial for treason and whomever dictated the security protocol that allowed the theft of the information should be given a dishonorable discharge, however many people that may be - sack them all dishonorably, buh bye pensions and what not, apply it evenhandedly all the way up the chain however far it needs to go.

I dont really see applicability for Assange, though - he's not a US citizen, hasnt broken US laws on US soil of any kind - if there's no applicability for the law in a case then you cant charge him just for the sake of charging him because he spread information the government didnt want people to see. It would be a little different if he were a US citizen, but he's not.

I guess the gov't can lie cheat and wage illegal wars, while keeping everyone in the dark? He is only doing what journalists should be doing. Most journalist's today are nothing more than purveyors of propaganda.

Isn't working.

And which president are you referring to? Obama? Progressive?

What has Obama accomplished in that respect?

In fact, he has simply continued the majority of Bush's policies. The Bush and Obama administrations' actions have been similar to the point of being nearly identical.

This.

Obama is just a sellout. No progressive/liberal, ect.

He's just a sellout

That's why he pushes the whole "I just want to be bipartisan act."

Bullshit.

it's really that simple, he's a hack, and a majority of our country isn't being represented.

Hell you could say a majority of the US doesn't know what's good for them, but they do know what's right and what's wrong.

What's wrong is that these sellouts, whether republican,democrat, ect find their way into congress and even a way to be president, and their feet aren't held to the fire.

Edited by NeiChuan
  • Like 1

Isn't working.

This.

Obama is just a sellout. No progressive/liberal, ect.

He's just a sellout

That's why he pushes the whole "I just want to be bipartisan act."

Bullshit.

it's really that simple, he's a hack, and a majority of our country isn't being represented.

Hell you could say a majority of the US doesn't know what's good for them, but they do know what's right and what's wrong.

What's wrong is that these sellouts, whether republican,democrat, ect find their way into congress and even a way to be president, and their feet aren't held to the fire.

The link works now. Here is a new one and different subject.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x116506

Edited by ralis

And which president are you referring to? Obama? Progressive?

What has Obama accomplished in that respect?

In fact, he has simply continued the majority of Bush's policies. The Bush and Obama administrations' actions have been similar to the point of being nearly identical.

Look up the history of the law - it was that charlatan Woodrow Wilson I was referring to!

I guess the gov't can lie cheat and wage illegal wars, while keeping everyone in the dark? He is only doing what journalists should be doing. Most journalist's today are nothing more than purveyors of propaganda.

wait...did you read what I wrote?? I suppose one could consider Assange a "journalist" in some sense of the word (blurred as the lines are these days,) but my first sentences were regarding the traitorous army private who walked off with the boatload of documents in the first place. he should be on trial for treason and nothing less, and then there should be a congressional investigation into the flawed security structures. what do you do with Assange, not much, there isnt really anything to charge him with - I'm not sure if conspiracy of treason or something of the like is applicable to non-residents, so as long as he doesnt poke his head in the US he should be plenty safe...from our laws, at least.

"It's no the murderer who's the murderer, it's the witness

who reports to the police who's the murderer..." Edited by Ulises

...and this is an explanation in more depth about the origins of war...brilliant!

Lloyd de Mause has uncovered something crucial...

Edited by Ulises

Stand for freedom. Stand with Anonymous

To tyrants, the downtrodden are nameless.

Since its inception, the internet has provided new ways for people all over the world to exercise the rights of free speech, freedom of the press and freedom of assembly. These rights are not simply the benefits of a free society--they are the very means of preserving that society's freedom. The recent increase in government interference with these freedoms coincides with the failure of the corporate media to fulfill their vital role in checking the abuse of authority. Censorship and journalistic abdication have left citizens unaware and unable to hold their governments accountable.

WikiLeaks has moved to fill the void left by traditional news media, providing the necessary information for citizens to hold their governments to account. Yet it has not been granted the legal protections generally afforded to journalists. Instead, the organization has been vilified and monetary support has been blocked by governments and private corporations. The vitriol aimed at WikiLeaks demonstrates an unsettling disregard for the fundamental freedom to exchange information and express ideas. Members of a free society must not allow information to be suppressed simply because it inconveniences those in power. We share the responsibility to defend vital liberties. The time to act is now.

We are Anonymous, a leaderless movement that has worked tirelessly to oppose all forms of Internet censorship worldwide, from DMCA abuses to government mandated content filters. Our initiatives include supporting dissenting groups in Iran, Zimbabwe and Tunisia, as well as waging the highly visible information battle against the Church of Scientology. We are now prepared to take the fight to the world stage. Join us on January 15th for the first in a series of global protests in defense of WikiLeaks and freedom of expression. Stand with us to defend your freedoms.

We Are Anonymous And So Are You

http://www.whyweprotest.net/en/

There is more to wikileaks than meets the eye.

Their true purpose will ultimately be revealed.

Edited by metal dog

Sign in to follow this