surfingbudda

Taoism Vs Buddhism

Well... you must be talking to someone else, so no need to respond here.

Again, you must be talking to some sort of projection from your own mind.

He realized the many different realms that co-inside with the different states of Samadhi

Your attitude is pretty pompous from the start. I guess your British as well as insecure.

Co-inside? That is not in any dictionary and another made up term.

What does allan's country, if you even know where he is from, have anything to do with what he posted? He posited several well thought out questions.

• Like 1

You would talk yourself out of going to a heavenly realm. It's pretty sad actually.

Just more judgment from a fundamentalist perspective.

• Like 1

Your attitude is pretty pompous from the start. I guess your British as well as insecure.

Should be ... 'I guess you're British ...' if you want to use English properly.

Perhaps you would like to elaborate why you think that might be significant.

Should be ... 'I guess you're British ...' if you want to use English properly.

Perhaps you would like to elaborate why you think that might be significant.

The Brit's are famous for their pomposity. :lol:

Thanks for correcting my English dear Brit.

Really though I was just poking at him personally as he seems to think that insulting me is a good way to talk about different view points. I don't understand why people do this. Why people are so threatened by someone who doesn't agree with them?

I'm a quarter English myself. I've met plenty of wonderful Brit's in my life as well.

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 1

What does allan's country, if you even know where he is from, have anything to do with what he posted?

You're right... you're pompous and you're not from the UK.

The Brit's are famous for their pomposity. :lol:

Thanks for correcting my English dear Brit.

Really though I was just poking at him personally as he seems to think that insulting me is a good way to talk about different view points. I don't understand why people do this. Why people are so threatened by someone who doesn't agree with them?

I'm a quarter English myself. I've met plenty of wonderful Brit's in my life as well.

Of course, I have never once seen you insult anyone! :lol:

• Like 2

OK chaps, settle on with the insults or I will start swinging my paddy-whacker without prejudice :D

I think it's interesting to see the reputation system at work here. You can check on your rep by clicking on your name and viewing your profile :ph34r::D

<-- Moderation Team -->

• Like 1

OK chaps, settle on with the insults or I will start swinging my paddy-whacker without prejudice :D

I think it's interesting to see the reputation system at work here. You can check on your rep by clicking on your name and viewing your profile :ph34r::D

<-- Moderation Team -->

Of course I get insulted left and right, but as soon as I do it, I get a negative. I would say that you people here are deeply biased.

It's not very good to have a moderator that's biased.

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 1

Vajra, if you had any spiritual maturity, you would let the insults go by. I'm just sitting back and watching how you draw all this on to yourself. I think you really like these forum spats you get yourself in! :lol:

Eh... yeah maybe. :P But to have a moderator go around clicking negative on all your posts until you have a bad reputation mark on your profile is really over the top! WOW!!

• Like 4

Jeez, relax...who cares? Besides, you don't know that. Equanimity my good man, equanimity...take some deep breaths and let all that spiritual work you've realized propel you through. ;)

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Jeez, relax...who cares? Besides, you don't know that. Equanimity my good man, equanimity...

I'm actually not feeling much of anything about it other than shock. But, I'm actually busy watching a really sweet movie this entire time and feeling pretty darn sweet and eye watery. :wub:

It's the movie Charlie St. Cloud. It's awesome! About a boy who dies in a car accident but gets brought back to life and he's able to see and talk with ghosts and touch them as if they are alive. I'm all goosebumpy.

• Like 3

What a shameful day for this forum, that we actually did this to someone.

• Like 3

Vaj lacks compassion, let not you deprive him.

Wow... seriously?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, time to leave this thread, the mean people are coming out of the wood works.

• Like 4

Dude, you bring this stuff down on your head over and over again. Can't you see your pattern? Songs sez: More is less and less is more.

No Songs, it's not my fault that people get insulting and personal. Not one bit.

• Like 4

Look at the patterns, Vaj. You have been at the center of these things in many threads dating back to when you first arrived. The only constant in these back and forths is yourself. I have laid off of you, but there is a constant stream of lots of different people who are "mean" to you. Could it be something in the way you conduct yourself here that puts you in the center of this over and over again? (I ask this with compassion).

Look at the patterns, Vaj. You have been at the center of these things in many threads dating back to when you first arrived. The only constant in these back and forths is yourself. I have laid off of you, but there is a constant stream of lots of different people who are "mean" to you. Could it be something in the way you conduct yourself here that puts you in the center of this over and over again? (I ask this with compassion).

It has everything to do with people feeling insecure about having their views challenged and that's it. Most everyone does. So, it's to be expected. Also, sometimes when I'm on here I have lots of time to post so I post very frequently at times and I think it has more to do with volume than content as I don't come at people personally, I merely debate the view at first but then people get frustrated and go straight to insults.

You've tried to tell me this before, but I just don't agree. I think people are just naturally insecure and get their feelings hurt when you don't agree with their philosophy. So, I did pretty much stop debating, but this thread came up with that specific purpose to talk about the differences.

• Like 2

OK, but why are you always at the center each time? I think it is the content, tone and style of how you debate, as well as the multitudinous posting flurries that get you into trouble. :)

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

OK, but why are you always at the center each time? I think it is the content, tone and style of how you debate, as well as the multitudinous posting flurries that get you into trouble. :)

Like I said... volume. I post more posts than any other Taoist challenging Buddhist in threads like this.

• Like 2

Wow... seriously?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, time to leave this thread, the mean people are coming out of the wood works.

Fair enough, I've called you essentially the same. I wonder which of us has presented truer. Irrespective, the fact is that what I perceived as your boorishness was sufficient to cause my leaving this forum. I'm now interested in re-engaging this forum, my capacity for compassion renewed. I wish not to encounter what I perceive as your boorishness any further. Please don't present it further.

The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others - Albert Schweitzer

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities - Albert Einstein

I hope you will see this encounter as motivation to choose to demonstrate yourself to this forum more in accordance with the supposition of the former Albert and less with the antogonist of the latter.

Respectfully, humbly, and with surety of your closeness to a higher manner,

xeno

Edited by xenolith