Gauss

Falun Dafa thread - open discussion...

Many users are upset about what Master Li has said and they actually slander him in various ways here on the forum. I am very sad when I see such things, no matter who is slanderred. Should a cultivator not be tolerant towards others no matter which opinions they have?

As mentioned before, Master Li has no karma(visible to anyone seeing him practice), hence he must have immense wisdom and a cultivation level very few people can ever dream of.

A Cultivator should take every effort to warn new people away from dangerous groups like Falun.

Pointing out his Lies and manipulative teachings as well as his obvious insanity is basicly good Karma.

I may save someone from drinking the cool aid yet... :P:o:lol:

When I watch Master Li practice he looks completely distorted to me. I never got a good vibe off him.

India is full of fake yogi's can sit in Lotus for long periods without having any cultivation to speak of. All It takes is flexible hip joints. I myself can now sit for hours in lotus on a good day.

Peace :)

Seth.

Mr Gauss...

It is absolute baloney to assert that this Mr Li has no karma. Sitting in full lotus (which btw is NOT a display of any level of realization, merely a conducive posture that one may choose to adopt for various reasons) is itself a kamma, which simply means 'action'. He does consume foods and liquids, does he not? One would hope that he does anyways. These acts are none other than kamma. So no, i would not for a minute go along with your outrageous proposition that he is a man without karma. It does not make any sense at all.

The fact that he is with 'body' implies he is subject to karma, as is any sage or prophet who has come before, or after. Even Jesus, whose nature is supposedly divine, was subject to the principle: "All that is born is subject to change and eventually death". This is the fundamental principle (cause and effect) behind the workings of karma. Unless this man can prove he can walk thru walls, or you can provide documents showing him emanating rainbow light from his crown, it beggars belief that he is without karma. Even those in the past who attained to rainbow bodies are subject to the forces of karmic tendencies, meaning they have performed the actions necessary that led to their particular attainments.

I would be most grateful if you will desist from further making such preposterous claims as it goes against the very logic of the law of karma. Nothing that comes into this world is above this law.

Edited by CowTao

A Cultivator should take every effort to warn new people away from dangerous groups like Falun.

Pointing out his Lies and manipulative teachings as well as his obvious insanity is basicly good Karma.

I may save someone from drinking the cool aid yet... :P:o:lol:

When I watch Master Li practice he looks completely distorted to me. I never got a good vibe off him.

India is full of fake yogi's can sit in Lotus for long periods without having any cultivation to speak of. All It takes is flexible hip joints. I myself can now sit for hours in lotus on a good day.

Peace :)

Seth.

Why are you so emotional about FD and keep slanderring it over and over again? Did you not read what I just wrote?

I said nobody can be recruited to Dafa. Only predestined people arrive and they must have a heart of steel to cultivate genuinely.

In my opinion, in this discussion about Dafa you show a lack of respect towards Master Li and Falun Dafa. I guess the Admin will make a judgment about that.

Even if the hip joints are flexible that does not make it possible to sit in double Lotus for 12 hours straight. We all know in here how hard that is to do in reality. No "fake" can do it, I tell you that.

Feel free to tell us about your cultivation school and which kind of theoretical basis that school has?

Is speaking ill of other people a base of your school? Did you understand the words Zhen-Shan-Ren in Dafa when you did cultivation there?

I can tell you that "Ren" includes tolerance and it means that you never speak bad words about other people.

Is it not so that no matter which cultivation you do, carefulness and respect is a common trait for everyone?

That good principle is actually still taught in some traditional families of everyday society.

You believe Dafa is bad. 100 million cultivators, including scientists, professors, teachers, martial artists etc etc, think Dafa is good.

Let everyone judge Dafa by themselves. I am sure people are capable of thinking by themselves.

Edited by Gauss

Mr Gauss...

It is absolute baloney to assert that this Mr Li has no karma. Sitting in full lotus (which btw is NOT a display of any level of realization, merely a conducive posture that one may choose to adopt for various reasons) is itself a kamma, which simply means 'action'.

I am just making an example to make a point.

In genuine cultivation, as far as I know, it is well known that the less pain you have in double Lotus the less karma you have to pay off. I believe all people who cultivate know this principle from personal experience. Hence you can sit longer and longer if you cultivate well. Any cultivator who can sit for 12 hours straight have minute amounts of karma in their body, it is so little it counts as nothing. I agree that merely living as a human being causes karma, no matter what you do, but it is minute amounts and count for nothing.

When you can sit in double Lotus pain will come sooner or later unless you are exceptional. For some people it comes after 20 minutes, for others after 1 hour.

Extremely few people can sit for 12 hours straight in any case.

I'm not sure where you got the theory about being able to handle pain in lotus equals high cultivation or less karma, but there are fakirs who can do all sorts of painful body manipulations for weeks but I wouldn't go and declare them the next messiah, I'm pretty some people could force their body to sit in lotus for long periods of time but it would be more about masochism and ego rather than merit. I guess a person who has purified a lot of their body tension could handle such positions better so it could be a very unreliable indicator of a persons body/mind freedom but I would hardly call it the gold standard of measure of someones cultivation level, there could be all sorts of factors at play which can influence how long they can sit.

I'm not sure where you got the theory about being able to handle pain in lotus equals high cultivation or less karma,..

I meant less karma, not high cultivation. It is not the same although such a person is bound to be special in any case when he has almost no karma left. Fakirs etc normally use external means to achieve a painkiller effect, ie drugs, alcohol etc.. That does not count in my eyes, only if you do it with a conscious mind, otherwise the assistant consciousness will practice.

I would like to add something from the Islamic end times prophecy here. I have come to the conclusion that all major religions probably have a correct end times prophecy, with each one explaining some specific events.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_the_Last_Judgment

The Islam prophecy says that "Medhi - the almighty God" will be in a battle with evil(Chinese Communist Party persecutes and slanders Falun Dafa and its disciples in China...) during the end times. The Lord of Lord´s will win and then rule the world for some years.

Add then that the Islam prophecy says the Lord of Lord´s first name will have two letters.

The Master of Falun Dafa is called Li Hongzhi....

Yes, two letters. And he is supposed to be of medium stature(he is 1.78 m)...

Edited by Gauss

I would like to add something from the Islamic end times prophecy here. I have come to the conclusion that all major religions probably have a correct end times prophecy, with each one explaining some specific events.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_the_Last_Judgment

The Islam prophecy says that "Medhi - the almighty God" will be in a battle with evil(Chinese Communist Party persecutes and slanders Falun Dafa and its disciples in China...) during the end times. The Lord of Lord´s will win and then rule the world for some years.

Add then that the Islam prophecy says the Lord of Lord´s first name will have two letters.

The Master of Falun Dafa is called Li Hongzhi....

Yes, two letters. And he is supposed to be of medium stature(he is 1.78 m)...

Yeah, but you failed to mention the decisive role that Santa Claus plays in this scenario.

Posts like these make me wanna run to the medicine cabinet, mix the bottle labeled "Purgative" with the bottle labeled "emetic," and chase it all down with a tall, cool Budweiser.

Edited by Blasto

Two letters in English? Which language were they reffering to? In Chinese I believe "Li" would be 1 character(or letter), and perhaps in diff languages would be diff letters.

Also "medium" is a rather vague and subjective term. It's relative to the perspective of the speaker. Wats tall to one could be small to another and so on.

just two points to consider

-Astral

It is stated by the Islamic experts there should be the sound of two letters in the western alphabet.

About his stature, of course one can not deduct anything substantial from it, but I guess Master Li is really of medium stature in today´s society.

PS: Ezekiel´s book:

“Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do. (Isaiah 46:8-11)

Let´s go through all the major religions and myths. Let´s see what is said in the old books about the end and how they match our world and Dafa today with striking precision.

Edited by Gauss

As the end of the world apparently is near, at which time the all mighty Li will fight the forces of evil, there must be a date where if this has not happened yet, it simple can not any longer be seen as even possibly true. If nothing happens before 2020 or 2050 or Li dies, will you then stop believing in Falun Gong and Lis claims? If what he has prophecised does not happen then he is a false prophet no? So what is the latest possible time this can happen?

Sometimes we get a little emotional because we've all read about groups sorta like FD committing mass suicide or murder. They start off with a talented charismatic leader who is very inspiring. Along the way the Godlike praise turns them bad.

They end up increasingly paranoid, setting a path that leads followers into persecution. The more I hear of Li's pronouncements of the evil world and how groups of people are no longer human, the more I want to tell 'followers': Don't drink the lemonade and if he tells you to kill people, don't.

The sad thing is there are so many good points about FG that we can learn from and what we get is the end of the world prophecies (& we're to experienced to be scared of your boogie man) and Li's Godlike nature(which is step 1 on the road to cultism). You rarely mention good solid practices, breathing, movements, even morals beyond FG platitudes.

On the otherhand, Gauss has been nothing but polite and is sharing his passion for FG and gets mostly crap from people like myself. For all our disagreements he's a solid member of TTB's. I respect him, but not FG.

Michael

I'd like to pitch in here and fervently defend Gauss' right to post his views in the Open Discussion forum. Even though I share none of his views and nearly choked on my coffee in astoundment of the narrow-sighted, neo-religious waffle he shared, the fact is that Falun Dafa is an evolution of Taoism as much as the confusion of Western Taoist views that frequent our little mud-pool we call The TaoBums.

So if we were to condemn this topic as "Off-Topic" then we might as well trash 80% of the topics in the Open Discussion.

Yes Gauss is a FD convert and yes his mouth-frothing attempts to convert others has me almost wanting to wipe the spittle from my computer screen. HOWEVER he does have the right to post his views just as everyone else.

As those of us that have been around here for awhile will attest, we have seen many missionaries come and go. The beauty of TaoBums is that this sort of nonsense never finds fertile soil here and always will the appropriate "sorting out" be made by the members themselves WITHOUT the need for moderators to overstep their guidelines. I trust the same will happen here.

:)

Hi there,

You are just the best... I just can't see why every one doesn't see it your way. I don't agree with everything everyone says either. But that was my point on my thread on PC-BS...

People need to get a thicker skin, and it is a forum. Why moderate everything, we don't like to hear...

I'm glad you always seem to have good old "common since". It is great to see...

Take care Melanie

P.S. Also for a moderator to be bragging she or he has the power to move something off topic if she pleases was wrong... Some people get a little power and let it go to there heads not sure, the one with the kitty and the moon...lol

Freedom of speech man!!!wink.gif

This right here is what I am talking about give me a break... Is this for real... I believe this is just the kind of person that will be the problem overly moderating everything that is put out.. I remember now i was talked down to by this moderator that my speech that I choose to us wouldn't be good for children, and my students... I don't have students. And if someone is big enough to get on this forum. Well we can't hide them from the world can we...

Taomeow

Well, it's a discussion board methinks. The moment you manage to get Gauss to discuss anything, I will repent. In any event, it was merely a suggestion. I based it on the precedent established by Sean the Owner when handling Mak Tin Si's offerings. Taoist as they get, but found inappropriate in the shape and form presented (not a discussion but an advert or a sermon -- or rather a long series thereof in a succession.) Merely channeling Sean here...:)

Edited by goonis38

Hi there,

You are just the best... I just can't see why every one doesn't see it your way. I don't agree with everything everyone says either. But that was my point on my thread on PC-BS...

People need to get a thicker skin, and it is a forum. Why moderate everything, we don't like to hear...

I'm glad you always seem to have good old "common since". It is great to see...

Take care Melanie

P.S. Also for a moderator to be bragging she or he has the power to move something off topic if she pleases was wrong... Some people get a little power and let it go to there heads not sure, the one with the kitty and the moon...lol

Freedom of speech man!!!wink.gif

OK I must respond and then we let it lie.

My comments were made with the assumption that this was the first case of Gauss' holier-than-thou proselytisation. However I must admit I was wrong as I was brought up to date that Gauss had made a nuisance of himself by spamming newcomers in the lobby with FG ... even telling them to go to another forum.

Thus Gauss had already notched up his very own moderation log before this post.

So, with that precedent in mind, TaoMeow was acting totally within her right as a moderator to make that warning and I completely support her without reservation.

To reemphasize, I was wrong and TaoMeow was right and I agree, with his history in mind, Gauss needs to rethink the way in which he is contributing here at TaoBums.

:D

Two letters in English? Which language were they reffering to? In Chinese I believe "Li" would be 1 character(or letter), and perhaps in diff languages would be diff letters.

Also "medium" is a rather vague and subjective term. It's relative to the perspective of the speaker. Wats tall to one could be small to another and so on.

just two points to consider

-Astral

Correct me If I am wrong but In Arabic (the language of Islamic prophesy) the name Ali is two letters, a and li. So this pretty much makes it Impossible that they are talking about Li from falun.

Gauss, get over your fundamentalist desperation to be validated by everything, it makes you sound very very Unintelligent.

Also just to make sure you have no stupid Ideas that the bible predicts Li, remember that In revelations It says the Messiah will return 'as a thief in the night' or in other words that everyone will be surprised.

This does not mean everyone but the 200 000 000 aledged falun fanatics...

Even worse for falun and Li, is that in the bible [revelations] before this surprising and sneaky true Messiah returns, It claims a great charismatic leader will rise up who will win the hearts and minds of the masses [200 million sounds mass like :D ], and who will claim to offer a way to salvation and to be the messiah...

This person is the ANTI-CHRIST!!! - EVIL - EEEEVILLL - Oh my God! Li Is the Anti Christ!

Li is EVIL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol::o

There is no getting around that one Gauss. You can not just pick the prophesy bits that suit you, you have to take the whole package. And the whole package makes Li the Anti-Christ!

[for the reader please note I do not personally subscribe to end time prophesy but as of my upbringing am very well versed in the biblical end time prophecy's]

Have a Good Day :)

Seth.

This right here is what I am talking about give me a break... Is this for real... I believe this is just the kind of person that will be the problem overly moderating everything that is put out.. I remember now i was talked down to by this moderator that my speech that I choose to us wouldn't be good for children, and my students... I don't have students. And if someone is big enough to get on this forum. Well we can't hide them from the world can we...

Gooni's we do not have to Like some Fanatical Nut bar preaching at us and even worse preying on new open and thus vulnerable minds.

It would not be right to allow some crazy religious fanatic to go unchecked and just ruin our Great site which many of us have been part of for a long time.

Taomeow is one Solid Sister with Vast levels of experience, read her threads... I think you would benefit greatly from them.

I know you have sided with Gauss in part, and I am sure that that is because he has been kind to you, and makes you feel emotionally Validated by confirming your experience of energy movement turning back and forth in your tummy.

You in no way have to listen to me, but I invite you to consider the nature of your experience.

Is it really the Law wheel? Is it the same as all other practitioners Law wheels?

Is it possible that it is just energy that conforms to your Imagination and energy movement techniques? {which is still pretty amazing is it not?}

I have been studying Energy sciences for the Last 18 years. This has lead me to many extraordinary experiences and has helped me developed some strange skills and I am glad to hear that you have started to have some of these as well.

I have merged in cosmic bliss with the Universe, swapped bodies with partners, been Invisible, Had many many out of body experiences, battled Demons, talked with angels and all kinds of other beings, Hung out with an alien, raised Kundalini, sat in freezing hail storms and generated psychic heat to keep me warm, been blown through the air by energy, used telekinesis, Stepped out of this world, experienced Telepathy, Helped heal people of supposedly incurable diseases [such as hiv] and experienced crazy levels of bliss light and love...

All this has been great and I encourage anyone who feels drawn to such stuff to search for it, as it drew me eventually on to a deeper path.

On the way I met many teachers/teachings who tried to tell me that they were essential and that I could not achieve much without them, and as far as I am concerned, I have proved them all wrong.

Many teachers use a little thing like the law wheel as a kind of 'proof' to new students but really [in my opinion] that is just a cheap trick.

If you set up a wheel of spinning energy, which really is just chi tied to a circular pattern, then make a big deal about it to your students or friends, then possibly even pass it to them [which is fairly easy to do if it is strong in yourself] they will probably be quite amazed.

It will exhibit signs of independent life or activity seemingly separate to your own will.

It is cool and has some good uses such as It increases awareness of cultivation and energy, and may increase faith or belief in one's practice which is good.

The Bad side is if the teacher makes it into more that it actually is.

like:

Its a sign of moral virtue or good inbuilt qualities...

It makes you special or better that others...

Its responsible for your evolution...

If you piss off master it will leave you and then you are Doomed!!!!... :lol:

Unfortunately Falun is full of such self Justifying black and white propaganda rubbish.

And the followers generally are just as fanatical as any Jehovah witness you will meet. And also they are preaching hate against our Gay brothers and sisters.

Do you really want to be a part of that?

The practice itself is Good, almost very good. Not excellent. There is still a lot it lacks or does not develop.

But the founder is crazy and grandiosely deluded. And many of the people while being nice, are still brainwashed distorted frothing fundamentalists.

Now days I refuse to practice something that will connect me energetic to a polluted collective like the Falun gong movement.

Great Blessings on your progress.

Seth.

And also they are preaching hate against our Gay brothers and sisters.

Do you really want to be a part of that?

I have said it before, a genuine Dafa cultivator always adheres to Zhen-Shan-Ren in everyday society. Ren includes tolerance towards all people.

Hence Falun Dafa cultivators respect ALL PEOPLE, no matter who they are or what they do in life, including homosexuals.

That being said, in another dimension high-level cultivators can see that homosexual acts makes you accumulate karma. Hence a genuine cultivator avoids this act as he does not want karma. Karma lowers your cultivation level.

This is all very simple and common sense, follow the inherent characteristics of nature in cultivation and you will raise your level.

I mentioned it before, I can not see you being tolerant or balanced in your messages about Falun Dafa or Li Hongzhi. I do not understand the characteristics of your cultivation way when you slander other people like that and you have not yet told us how you do cultivation.

A genuine Dafa cultivator would never speak ill of other cultivators or cultivation schools. It signifies a lack of Shan and also of Ren.

Your statement about homophobia is wrong of course and your language is similar to the CCP disinformation sent out to the world press.

How can you be a cultivator with such manners and words?

People will make their own judgments about Dafa, Li Hongzhi, prophecies etc.

As we all know, Dafa cultivators come from all branches of society including Scientists, Professors, Doctors, Martial Artists, Teachers etc.

There are practice sites for Dafa at MIT, Stanford, Berkeley etc. These practitioners are considerred "elite" in everyday society and shows that Falun Dafa is spread to the highest level of society and that very intelligent people believe in Dafa.

PS: Harvard professor supports Shen Yun Performing Arts show:

http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/1/17/93349.html

http://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/ - this magnificent show has been initiated by Master Li Hongzhi to make people understand the traditional Chinese culture.

Edited by Gauss

I continue my search for prophecies relating to the end times and the spreading of Falun Dafa around the world. This is probably the most exact and revealing prophecy in the world about the End Times and Falun Dafa.

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/1076

Notes by Ge An is a prophecy by a Korean scholar and astronomer Nan Shigu (1509-1571). During a childhood encounter with a sage in a Korean mountain, Kum Kang San, Nan heard the prophecy which he was to later turn into a book. Notes by Ge An was unknown for nearly 450 years until 1986, when a Korean scholar began to investigate the books content. By the end of the 1980s, the book had become very popular in South Korea.

The book states that a sage named Li will start to teach the Great Tao and exercises in Changchun (a city in northeast China). The book also alludes to Falun Gong, the Falun Emblem, as well as the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China. In addition, the prophecy says that Li's teachings will encompass all the various teachings present during that historical period of time.

Below are some excerpts from the book:

1. The sage mentioned in the book is named after wood (Li in Chinese means plum tree). He has the sign of the Rabbit (born in 1951), and he is born in April of lunar calendar, just north of the 38th parallel.

2. This sage is said to be the king of all kings in heaven. People will refer to him as Buddha Maitreya when he descends to this world, as he teaches the orthodox Tao.

3. The 'Three Words and Two Whites' mentioned in the book refer to the three characters, Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance). The 'Two Whites' refer to the 'White Heart and the White Body,' i.e. the cultivation of Xinxing (mind nature/moral quality) and the transformation of Benti (one's physical body and bodies in other dimensions).

4. The book describes the Falun Emblem in great detail.

5. It mentions that Falun Gong has the effect of 'clearing circulation,' 'small clearing circulation,' and of 'unblocking the passages and channels.'

6. The book clearly indicates that Sage Li will start his teaching in Changchun (Changchun means 'green forest' in Chinese).

7. In the section A Statement about the Dharma Ending Period, the book predicts that in the summer, on July 20th, Falun Dafa will be persecuted by evil forces.

8. The book mentions that after enduring the tribulations, practitioners in China will see 'daylight in the future.'

9. It clearly indicates that after some years, the Chinese government will change its policy against Falun Dafa (the Great Law, the laws and the principles of the universe).

10. Those who persecute Dafa will perish forever, and the day when hundreds of millions of practitioners all over the world celebrate will eventually come. The book warns people, however, to not turn away from Falun Dafa because of temporary tribulations. Those who leave Dafa will perish and those who follow will prevail.

11. The Fa that Sage Li teaches is the orthodox Fa, which is flawless. The book clearly points out that people should study the Fa and read the books more.

12. It says that the sage will not live in the capital city, but rather travel to the west.

13. The time for the sage's teaching will not be long.

14. Falun Dafa practitioners will not escape from prison. They will have to suffer the tribulation of harsh jail terms.

15. The book clearly states that even though they are suffering great tribulations, most of the practitioners in China will be like 'birds not leaving the branches.' It will be hard for the government's vicious slander to change people's mind.

16. All religions during this period of time will no longer be effective. The only 'way out' is to attain the Dafa; praying to heaven everyday will not take you a single step towards heaven, chanting 'Buddha Amitahba' everyday will not lead you to the Paradise of Ultimate Bliss.

17. The book describes important historical moments one by one. It also tells when the Dharma Ending Period will occur. People of the Dharma Ending Period will be destroyed by a 'strange disease,' and it will even be hard for one out ten households to survive.

18. The book emphasizes that the key to the cultivation practice is the cultivation of Xinxing (heart/mind nature, moral quality).

19. The books also states that all the events currently happening in China were arranged several thousand years ago.

All the English information on the web about this text Notes by Ge An by Nan Shiguis is on Falun Dafa sites, there is no impartial information about it. Not that all this is the slightest bit important really but for some reason I find all this doomsday prophesy and claiming exclusivity to salvation very annoying, it's like they are smiling at you while threatening you with annhilation unless you follow them, then claiming it is all about compassion :rolleyes: I guess I need to have faith enough people will see through it all.

I continue my search for prophecies relating to the end times and the spreading of Falun Dafa around the world. This is probably the most exact and revealing prophecy in the world about the End Times and Falun Dafa.

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/1076

Notes by Ge An is a prophecy by a Korean scholar and astronomer Nan Shigu (1509-1571). During a childhood encounter with a sage in a Korean mountain, Kum Kang San, Nan heard the prophecy which he was to later turn into a book. Notes by Ge An was unknown for nearly 450 years until 1986, when a Korean scholar began to investigate the books content. By the end of the 1980s, the book had become very popular in South Korea.

The book states that a sage named Li will start to teach the Great Tao and exercises in Changchun (a city in northeast China). The book also alludes to Falun Gong, the Falun Emblem, as well as the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China. In addition, the prophecy says that Li's teachings will encompass all the various teachings present during that historical period of time.

Below are some excerpts from the book:

1. The sage mentioned in the book is named after wood (Li in Chinese means plum tree). He has the sign of the Rabbit (born in 1951), and he is born in April of lunar calendar, just north of the 38th parallel.

2. This sage is said to be the king of all kings in heaven. People will refer to him as Buddha Maitreya when he descends to this world, as he teaches the orthodox Tao.

3. The 'Three Words and Two Whites' mentioned in the book refer to the three characters, Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance). The 'Two Whites' refer to the 'White Heart and the White Body,' i.e. the cultivation of Xinxing (mind nature/moral quality) and the transformation of Benti (one's physical body and bodies in other dimensions).

4. The book describes the Falun Emblem in great detail.

5. It mentions that Falun Gong has the effect of 'clearing circulation,' 'small clearing circulation,' and of 'unblocking the passages and channels.'

6. The book clearly indicates that Sage Li will start his teaching in Changchun (Changchun means 'green forest' in Chinese).

7. In the section A Statement about the Dharma Ending Period, the book predicts that in the summer, on July 20th, Falun Dafa will be persecuted by evil forces.

8. The book mentions that after enduring the tribulations, practitioners in China will see 'daylight in the future.'

9. It clearly indicates that after some years, the Chinese government will change its policy against Falun Dafa (the Great Law, the laws and the principles of the universe).

10. Those who persecute Dafa will perish forever, and the day when hundreds of millions of practitioners all over the world celebrate will eventually come. The book warns people, however, to not turn away from Falun Dafa because of temporary tribulations. Those who leave Dafa will perish and those who follow will prevail.

11. The Fa that Sage Li teaches is the orthodox Fa, which is flawless. The book clearly points out that people should study the Fa and read the books more.

12. It says that the sage will not live in the capital city, but rather travel to the west.

13. The time for the sage's teaching will not be long.

14. Falun Dafa practitioners will not escape from prison. They will have to suffer the tribulation of harsh jail terms.

15. The book clearly states that even though they are suffering great tribulations, most of the practitioners in China will be like 'birds not leaving the branches.' It will be hard for the government's vicious slander to change people's mind.

16. All religions during this period of time will no longer be effective. The only 'way out' is to attain the Dafa; praying to heaven everyday will not take you a single step towards heaven, chanting 'Buddha Amitahba' everyday will not lead you to the Paradise of Ultimate Bliss.

17. The book describes important historical moments one by one. It also tells when the Dharma Ending Period will occur. People of the Dharma Ending Period will be destroyed by a 'strange disease,' and it will even be hard for one out ten households to survive.

18. The book emphasizes that the key to the cultivation practice is the cultivation of Xinxing (heart/mind nature, moral quality).

19. The books also states that all the events currently happening in China were arranged several thousand years ago.

So, again, what is the latest possible time at which this must happen for LI not to be a fake?

Ïf you truly believe a school of cultivation is bad for people you have every right to warn otehr people about them and speak badly about them if those negative words apear true to you. Just because someone meditates and does qigong and teaches it to others does not make them above criticism at all. I find it mindboggling that you argue something like that. TM meditation as a meditation is quite good and the TM organisation has done a lot of good things. At the same time it is mildly cultish, full of ridiculous belief systems that will only mess with peoples heads. To say that bluntly is not doing something bad it is doing something good. We are all responsible for helping people avoid getting into organisations that will have bad influence and suport them coming in contact with good teachings. What Seth Ananda, myself and all the other critical voices here have done has been to try to help people avoid being used and mentally fucked up. To claim that what we have done is bad because criticising other cultivators is always bad is just plain childish and dumb. Of course it isen`t.

Uhh, there is different between slandering and constructive criticising. So based on your classification, those who practice FD are being used and mentally f'ed up, and you help us by trying to avoid FD. However if you fight fire with fire the fire gets bigger, so you may want to use a different method in your dealings with FD to 'help' us.

Thanks Gauss for sharing your views and being polite. Since each of us may see a different truth, it's ok to have differences. I agree with you 100% on cultivation of Xinxing and Zhen, Shan Ren

Edited by levo

I find this thread and other threads that Gauss has made to be quite ridiculous because of the premises of a forum such as this is *discussion*, which is not really happening.

Gauss keeps on holding on to his views without budging while some people have acknowledged that the exercises were good but the philosophy behind it phony.

What more do you want, since you are not even trying to understand where other people are coming from?

I also find it laughable that you continue to say that we are slandering FD when you spread misquotes that Buddhism cannot save people anymore. This is not the truth: it is a misquote of the Diamond Sutra!

Subhuti respectfully asked the lord Buddha, "Most Honored One! In the future, if a person hears this teaching, even if it is a only a phrase or sentence, is it possible for that person to have a true faith and knowledge of Enlightenment awaken in their mind?"

"Without a doubt, Subhuti. Even 500 years after the Enlightenment of this Buddha there will be some who are virtuous and wise, and while practicing compassion and charity, will believe in the words and phrases of this Sutra and will awaken their minds purely. After they come to hear these teachings, they will be inspired with belief. This is because when some people hear these words, they will have understood intuitively that these words are the truth."

Your intention may be compassion, so is ours.

Ïf you truly believe a school of cultivation is bad for people you have every right to warn otehr people about them and speak badly about them if those negative words apear true to you. Just because someone meditates and does qigong and teaches it to others does not make them above criticism at all. I find it mindboggling that you argue something like that. TM meditation as a meditation is quite good and the TM organisation has done a lot of good things. At the same time it is mildly cultish, full of ridiculous belief systems that will only mess with peoples heads. To say that bluntly is not doing something bad it is doing something good. We are all responsible for helping people avoid getting into organisations that will have bad influence and suport them coming in contact with good teachings. What Seth Ananda, myself and all the other critical voices here have done has been to try to help people avoid being used and mentally fucked up. To claim that what we have done is bad because criticising other cultivators is always bad is just plain childish and dumb. Of course it isen`t.

Well, you can argue in an objective, nice manner with common sense and logics instead of throwing around some clichés and bad words. Should a cultivator not be civilized? He should. Do you see a real Tantric Lama throwing bad words around himself?

Saying "Dafa people hate homosexuals" is like a bad joke. Dafa people respect all people as they cultivate Shan and Ren and must be compassionate against all beings, not only human beings. That being said, let´s raise the level of the discussion shall we?

Stop slanderring people and get to the content of the prophecies, Dafa etc.

You speak about the exercises being good in Dafa, I would say the Fa(Law theory) is the most important thing in Dafa. If one can not understand the Fa it does not matter if you exercise 24/7, you can not raise your level anyway. Therefore some people can not cultivate Dafa even if they want to.

How can you believe Scientists, professors, Doctors and such people are so stupid if they cultivate in Dafa?

Are they not wise people that have seen the future in the Fa of Dafa? Is that not the reason they practice all those hours by themselves?

Why do you think Dafa is by far the biggest Qi Gong practice and the most spread throughout the world in an extremely short time span?

Why do you think Dafa is for free to practice while other practices charge you money?

Which kind of intelligence do you see in other people? You think they are crazy but in fact they are very intelligent judging by their professional merits.

Excuse me but the picture you paint of a Dafa disciple is ridiculous. A disciple will know exactly what he or she is doing and can not be recruited to Dafa as I said several times already.

People will make their own decisions after they study Zhuan Falun. By no means will Dafa disciples be deemed "nutcases" in everyday society.

Dafa cultivators are just very good and very kind people doing their job very well.

You believe such intellectual people can not understand logics? How could these people enter MIT, Stanford, Berkeley etc?

Do they not have a high IQ rating? They do.

So please, I would like to see some constructive and civilized argumentation about your bad opinions about Dafa´s theory. Raising the level of discussion.

Why do you think the Fa is wrong or crazy? Do you understand it? How do you understand it? Give us the hard facts.

As mentioned before the CCP has disinformation spread everywhere on the web and in the press about Dafa. Usually they reveal themselves by using clichés and spreading superficial bad rumours about Li Hongzhi.

Whatever to take away focus from the important thing: the predestined events taking place around us now. And all those events are prophesiced since ages.

Drop the personal attacks, clichés and high strung emotions...

The person who reads the book Zhuan Falun will know truth about Dafa for him/herself. People can actually think for themselves.

Edited by Gauss