LaoTzu21

The correct healthy Diet

im looking for something that will give me the correct healthy diet for someone whos suffering with i.b.s i really need some help. the 80 10 10 diet has no sound evidence to base the science on. so can anyone point me in the right direction?

im looking for something that will give me the correct healthy diet for someone whos suffering with i.b.s i really need some help. the 80 10 10 diet has no sound evidence to base the science on. so can anyone point me in the right direction?

Back then, my diet was pretty narrow. Try this for a week an see if it helps:

roast chicken

tuna

cheese

carrot

pumpkin

rice

banana

apple

so can anyone point me in the right direction?

1. Work to reduce ALL stress.

2. Start a food journal, include what you eat as well as external things that might affect you internally.

3. Eliminate all known allergen foods(gluten, egg, fish, dairy)

4. Slowly reintroduce foods and see how it goes.

You will probably end up finding something that works specific to you and potentially no one else. But those steps should help you at least gain some insight into what makes things better or worse.

Good luck!

I would look at what nutrients effect the nervous system the most and choose foods that are dense in that nutirent. I would also look at the foods that are the most digestable.

Now personally I would suggest raw milk. It did wonders to me and if raw veganism doesnt work out i'll definately be going back to it. RAW fat and cholesterol are AMAZING healing agents. As for vitamins, I know B6 and B12 are crucial to nerve health and so is vitamin D. Obviously you want alot of potassium and magnesium (bout a 2:1 ratio with sodium and calcium).

Raw egg yolks (not the whites) and raw milk with honey and fruit honestly is probably the best thing you can do. Because of your IBS you don't want any rough fiber from nuts and seeds and since thats ur main source of fat in a vegan diet then raw milk and egg yolks work well to supply what u may need. I would say just eat egg yolks and milk but you need fiber and magnesium, so fruits high in magnesium and the B&C vitamins work best. I would avoid citrus fruits and stick with things like bananas(great for bowl health), figs, prunes/grapes, apricots, peaches.

Also keep the eggs and fruit at room temp and keep milk refrigerated but warm it up by pouring a glass and placing the glass into hat water. The raw fats is really an overlooked concept IMHO. If you look up alternative raw food "gurus" like Aajonus Vonderplanitz (extreme example) who say raw fat and bacteria causes the fastest detox possible, you may open to an alternative procedure if you're sure the one you're on isn't working for you.

Personally i'm going to be trying a combination of sprouts, fermented veggies and algae and see what happens, i'll let you know. I would also look into the Mao Shan 5 elements postures. they work at bringing the bodies organs into balance. Lastly i would look into irodology. I think tats a majorly overlooked practice. If you like I can scan a page on that and attach it to a post or send it on msn. lemme know

-Astral

EDIT: also check this out http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search

Edited by Astral_Anima

I would look at what nutrients effect the nervous system the most and choose foods that are dense in that nutirent. I would also look at the foods that are the most digestable.

Now personally I would suggest raw milk. It did wonders to me and if raw veganism doesnt work out i'll definately be going back to it. RAW fat and cholesterol are AMAZING healing agents. As for vitamins, I know B6 and B12 are crucial to nerve health and so is vitamin D. Obviously you want alot of potassium and magnesium (bout a 2:1 ratio with sodium and calcium).

Raw egg yolks (not the whites) and raw milk with honey and fruit honestly is probably the best thing you can do. Because of your IBS you don't want any rough fiber from nuts and seeds and since thats ur main source of fat in a vegan diet then raw milk and egg yolks work well to supply what u may need. I would say just eat egg yolks and milk but you need fiber and magnesium, so fruits high in magnesium and the B&C vitamins work best. I would avoid citrus fruits and stick with things like bananas(great for bowl health), figs, prunes/grapes, apricots, peaches.

Also keep the eggs and fruit at room temp and keep milk refrigerated but warm it up by pouring a glass and placing the glass into hat water. The raw fats is really an overlooked concept IMHO. If you look up alternative raw food "gurus" like Aajonus Vonderplanitz (extreme example) who say raw fat and bacteria causes the fastest detox possible, you may open to an alternative procedure if you're sure the one you're on isn't working for you.

Personally i'm going to be trying a combination of sprouts, fermented veggies and algae and see what happens, i'll let you know. I would also look into the Mao Shan 5 elements postures. they work at bringing the bodies organs into balance. Lastly i would look into irodology. I think tats a majorly overlooked practice. If you like I can scan a page on that and attach it to a post or send it on msn. lemme know

-Astral

EDIT: also check this out http://nutritiondata...nutrient-search

i think im going off the idea of raw stuff and onto a more well balanced meal such as vegetables and fish minus dairy/gluten

i think im going off the idea of raw stuff and onto a more well balanced meal such as vegetables and fish minus dairy/gluten

until raw and 80 /10/10 has some science to back it up as in impircal evidence and cross reference's from real scientists and docters. until that day i will try and have a more balanced fish/vegetables diet.

until raw and 80 /10/10 has some science to back it up as in impircal evidence and cross reference's from real scientists and docters. until that day i will try and have a more balanced fish/vegetables diet.

I am convinced from your posts that your understanding of nutrition is actually better then all the replies to your post. You probably know what you need to do and just needed to sort it out a little bit for yourself.

Here's a interesting research that brings you truth about bone health and nutrition from real scientists.

You will have to listen to the audio file just be patient for 30 seconds with the advertisement. http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2010/09/04/752-bone-vitality/

Enjoy

I am convinced from your posts that your understanding of nutrition is actually better then all the replies to your post. You probably know what you need to do and just needed to sort it out a little bit for yourself.

Here's a interesting research that brings you truth about bone health and nutrition from real scientists.

You will have to listen to the audio file just be patient for 30 seconds with the advertisement. http://www.peoplesph...-bone-vitality/

Enjoy

my understanding of nutrition is quite bad i just have an intelligent friend whose hot on facts and figures and a very logical thinking mind.

The paleo diet, hands down, No other diet stands up to it. in terms of science

As much as I disagree with the concept of it, I can't deny the fact that the paleo diet does have the most scientific AND historic backing. Nearly everyone on that diet does EXTREMELY well. In fact I'm part of a paleo forum and one of the most interesting notes of a raw meat based diet is the regrowth of teeth and gum tissue and the increase on muscle tone with no exercise. Also most people boast of increased sexual energy, more calmness, and many other things. While I still disagree with it, you can't argue the facts. Cooking food really only had it's place in the agricultural societies because humans can't break down heavy grains or cellulose, therefore we had to cook it to make it more digestible. Meat, eggs and milk, all animal products are superior in raw form. Cooked animals products have been proven to deteriorate health while raw animal products SEEM to increase vitality like nothing before. The only reason anyone ever cooked meat im assuming is to kill parasites however the more you read into the science and results of others on such a diet thats not such a problem. Also if you're really scared you can soak it in lemon juice.

rawpaleoforum.com check it out

Perhaps worth to look into might be the blood type diet theory.

http://www.dadamo.com/

A friend had recently told me about it. It's basically like this:

o is of the hunter/gatherer origin and thus fares best with a protein rich diet and hardly any grains and dairy.

a is of the agricultural ancestors- a vegetarian diet rich in grains and vegetables seems to fit well

b would be the nomads; they thrive on an omnivore diet including dairy

ab would be between a and b.

When I first heard about it, it sounded weird to me. But at least for me the recommendations given by this diet philosophy fit very well.

Back then, my diet was pretty narrow. Try this for a week an see if it helps:

roast chicken

tuna

cheese

carrot

pumpkin

rice

banana

apple

lol Thats what i eat every day, less the cheese : )

It's not a diet to me though, just a habit ph34r.gif

from another thread on IBS

Paleo Diet is a great start/framework

Here is what I tried and what worked for me with IBS.

-gluten and dairy free-big help with everything(sinus,allergy,general health) but IBS

-probiotics-total waste of money

-raw goat milk homemade yogurt-ehh not really helpful at all

-high Raw veganism-made me at least 4x worse

-blood type diet-minimal improvement

-Paleo diet-now I'm getting somewhere but still have IBS and reflux

what worked for me- spent $500 out of pocket for a Mediator Release Test from L.E.A.P- 4 tubes of blood drawn,tested for 150 food SENSITIVITIES and allergies....started eating from the list,2 weeks later no more lifelong IBS,that was 2 years ago.I never thought my most allergic foods would be things like cherries,mangoes,almonds,plums,carrots,tuna,chicken.

Also I had candida pretty bad as indicated by a different test and had to eat low carb for like a year while taking Oregano oil.

I've literally never been this healthy my entire life.I sleep great and haven't even had the sniffles in 2 years,I used to get sick about 3 times a year and suffer insomnia.If i eat something on my banned list,I get constipated or diarrhea every time.

Edited by Christoph

What causes food sensivities? Is it by eating too much of something? And how do you reverse it? I heard that Liver cleansing gets rid of sensitivities. Has anyone experienced this as well?

Perhaps worth to look into might be the blood type diet theory.

http://www.dadamo.com/

A friend had recently told me about it. It's basically like this:

o is of the hunter/gatherer origin and thus fares best with a protein rich diet and hardly any grains and dairy.

a is of the agricultural ancestors- a vegetarian diet rich in grains and vegetables seems to fit well

b would be the nomads; they thrive on an omnivore diet including dairy

ab would be between a and b.

When I first heard about it, it sounded weird to me. But at least for me the recommendations given by this diet philosophy fit very well.

I tried being vegetarian for about a year. I never really felt quite right. I was getting a lot of protein in the form of beans and nuts, plus supplements like chlorella. After about a year of denying myself I finally gave in and had an asada burrito and it was like all of a sudden, that feeling of not being right went away and everything was good again. About a year later I found out that I'm an O blood type and someone introduced me to the idea of eating for your blood type. Lately I have cut out dairy and I feel good for doing it. When I do have dairy, it does not seem to agree with my body.

I am still mostly vegetarian, but I make sure to get meat every once in a while.

Guest paul walter

What causes food sensivities? Is it by eating too much of something? And how do you reverse it? I heard that Liver cleansing gets rid of sensitivities. Has anyone experienced this as well?

Yes eating too much of the same thing can bring it on as can natural toxins in the food and pesticide residue etc. Liver cleansing can help and can eliminate sensitivities in a lot of cases.Paul

Guest paul walter

Hi Laotzu--'spose I should point out the fact you've posted two threads in a week on your ibs problem--says a lot about your seriousness and resolve to overcome it. I suggest you stop asking for info and get off carbs/grains and dairy first and see what happens (that usually does it, or does it a lot anyway). Unfortunately the answer to your health prob is under your nose not in some magical far off perfect recipe that will do it all for you. Paul.

Hi Laotzu--'spose I should point out the fact you've posted two threads in a week on your ibs problem--says a lot about your seriousness and resolve to overcome it. I suggest you stop asking for info and get off carbs/grains and dairy first and see what happens (that usually does it, or does it a lot anyway). Unfortunately the answer to your health prob is under your nose not in some magical far off perfect recipe that will do it all for you. Paul.

im just asking for directions and some knowledge to follow. as i have limited knowledge of my own on food. i mean sure everyo0ne knows what's healthy but i would like to know exactly what's good for me yet i dont know the best way to go about it. i think i might go and see my GP and ask him/her. but still sometimes even they don't know how to answer the simplest of questions. furthermore i dont have trust in gp's as the outcome for anything seems to be a prescription for some drugs that releive symptoms rather than cures them (the root cause). either that or they see would you like to see a councillor. my main aim to get this going is to

a) first understand what food has gluten in, if someone can say almost every food that has it i will do my best to avoid such food items.

B) whats the best amount of calories per day

C) what vitamins and minerals does the body need in order to maintain the optimal functioning body.

D) some good recipes for said diet.

E) i have made the choice to start eating less meat and start eating more fish/vegetables. minus gluten and dairy. i have replaced milk with soya which seems to be much lighter on me. so if i could get some tasty recipes on these types of food in a healthy and nutritional way id appreciate it allot.

plus if the posts are relevant and good allot of people will gain good knowledge too. i think this topic is well overlooked. another reason why im looking into to this topic is for meditation purposes. it seems if your not eating correctly its harder for the mind to focus on the dan tein with all these blockages. and eating the wrong foods is definitely a cause for these blockages. im just trying to get my foundations right.

Guest paul walter

im just asking for directions and some knowledge to follow. as i have limited knowledge of my own on food. i mean sure everyo0ne knows what's healthy but i would like to know exactly what's good for me yet i dont know the best way to go about it. i think i might go and see my GP and ask him/her. but still sometimes even they don't know how to answer the simplest of questions. furthermore i dont have trust in gp's as the outcome for anything seems to be a prescription for some drugs that releive symptoms rather than cures them (the root cause). either that or they see would you like to see a councillor. my main aim to get this going is to

a) first understand what food has gluten in, if someone can say almost every food that has it i will do my best to avoid such food items.

B) whats the best amount of calories per day

C) what vitamins and minerals does the body need in order to maintain the optimal functioning body.

D) some good recipes for said diet.

E) i have made the choice to start eating less meat and start eating more fish/vegetables. minus gluten and dairy. i have replaced milk with soya which seems to be much lighter on me. so if i could get some tasty recipes on these types of food in a healthy and nutritional way id appreciate it allot.

plus if the posts are relevant and good allot of people will gain good knowledge too. i think this topic is well overlooked. another reason why im looking into to this topic is for meditation purposes. it seems if your not eating correctly its harder for the mind to focus on the dan tein with all these blockages. and eating the wrong foods is definitely a cause for these blockages. im just trying to get my foundations right.

If you want to get over IBS (which you should cause it seriously effects ones mind/thinking)that's one thing-all this should come after, if at all (cause it's covered on numerous other threads). The kind of health/diet thing you want isn't to be taken lightly--best to read some of the literature first. Paul

Edited by paul walter