Gjeken

Picking up other peoples negative energy?

I agree! Though, it's true that skillful shining is beneficial if you know how to do that. Sometimes people just get bowled over by ones shining and actually get mad that I'm so darn happy for seemingly no reason at all. Sometimes... one might want to close the door to your inner sun a bit in order to not attract so much attention. Especially when walking through the hood. :lol:

Yes this is so true, i feel i have to tone it down sometimes to not burst out in laughter or maybe some "tough guys" will get the wrong idea.

But sometimes i feel i should just do like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedd2FiZTqM :D

Edited by Gjeken

About "the stronger spirit wins"...

If you just keep your attention in your heart/central channel during the times you're feeling drained/negative, it helps!

Edited by Scotty

But sometimes i feel i should just do like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedd2FiZTqM :D

Yeah! That's funny. I've seen that before.

When I first started practicing intensely and going into deeper states of consciousness through meditation. I used to walk around NYC laughing and sometimes crying in states of bliss and eurikas about the nature of things. I'd sometimes be on the subway crying and laughing and looking around at all the people with this amaaaaazing sense of love. People would sometimes stare at me, like "what the #$%@". I'm more integrated now, but this was a very interesting time for me in the mid 90's. :wub:

Gurdjieff taught that one needed this kind of 'negative energy' in order to fuel your own growth and transformation. There is an account of a very difficult and surly Russian follower who lived in their community at the Preure in France, who annoyed everyone. Gurdjieff later told someone that his energy was needed for the isolated community to irritate and keep the others uncomfortable.

The worst kind of spiritual community is the one where the followers are always about the Light, and deny/suppress the Shadow. This causes it to erupt later in a usually spectacular way, like a sexual scandal.

I've grown more from the negative experiences in my life.

There's always an exchange with this. It's better to just shine.

I agree! Though, it's true that skillful shining is beneficial if you know how to do that. Sometimes people just get bowled over by ones shining and actually get mad that I'm so darn happy for seemingly no reason at all. Sometimes... one might want to close the door to your inner sun a bit in order to not attract so much attention. Especially when walking through the hood. :lol:

I feel both these sentiments have a great deal of value.

The Hermetic Masters long since discovered that while the Principle of Rhythm was invariable, and ever in evidence in mental phenomena, still there were two planes of its manifestation so far as mental phenomena are concerned. They discovered that there were two general planes of Consciousness, the Lower and the Higher, the understanding of which fact enabled them to rise to the higher plane and thus escape the swing of the Rhythmic pendulum which manifested on the lower plane. In other words, the swing of the pendulum occurred on the Unconscious Plane, and the Consciousness was not affected. This they call the Law of Neutralization. Its operations consist in the raising of the Ego above the vibrations of the Unconscious Plane of mental activity, so that the negative-swing of the pendulum is not manifested in consciousness, and therefore they are not affected. It is akin to rising above a thing and letting it pass beneath you. The Hermetic Master, or advanced student, polarizes himself at the desired pole, and by a process akin to "refusing" to participate in the backward swing, or, if you prefer, a "denial" of its influence over him, he stands firm in his polarized position, and allows the mental pendulum to swing back along the unconscious plane. All individuals who have attained any degree of self-mastery, accomplish this, more or less unknowingly, and by refusing to allow their moods and negative mental states to affect them, they apply the Law of Neutralization. "

http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.asp

Easy to read....difficult to do! :lol: Can lead to some serious states of nuts if done wrong.

Nice link too by the way. Thanks

"Advanced student" it says , and "All individuals who have attained any degree of self-mastery, accomplish this, more or less unknowingly"...

so you got to get the self mastery !

otherwise just 'rising above' simply doesnt work. it's a fragile construct.

self mastery = strongest spirit.

Ya, I agree. That's part of what I meant without elaborating. It happens when you don't know it's happening. And even if one did know it was happening it wouldn't matter due to the intensity of the experience before the balance point being reached.

Very cool. Thanks!

I ended up on that Kybalion (sp?) website thanks to this thread (and Cat, I think) and I read it and found it all very cool.

I mean sheesh, I'm getting to know a whole lot, but I seriously suck at trying to explain any of it.

...I live in a big city by the way..

This is the most important part of your opening post.

The more you practice away from Sodoma the "stronger" you become. In the end you won't be affected by it if that's your karma. Some saints never lived in big cities where mental pollution and bad karma is way too strong.

Trees, forests, mountains, parks, flowing river streams, caves, Earth's power spots, monasteries, sacred shines and so forth are ideal for spiritual cultivation and development. Eventually you will move away from all that pollution.

Good luck.

People

carry a lot

of

shit

around in their pockets

for

all

of

everyone

to smell

when u find someone who