Sign in to follow this  
effilang

Chen Style Taiji Quan

I saw this style yesterday, normally Yang is what i'm used to, but after seeing Chen, wow.. I am in :wub: ! - AND it's not because it was a girl doing it : )

I watched some men too, i am totally captivated, i've never seen anything so beautiful.

Can anyone recommend any video material in the nature of a tutorial or education course to help me learn this style, it's hard to find anything.. : (

Cheers!

Hup Holland Hup :P

Edited by effilang

Well i dont know your motivations for learning tai chi(martial art or chi cultivation) but i can add this.

Tai chi IS NEI KUNG meaning this tai chi is all alchemy.

Tai chi works like this it is about making your body a vessel for the supreme ultimate (tao). This is not poetry it is real.

For example if an opponent was to attack a fully realized tachi practitioner the tao itself would thunder thru him and ward off the opponent. The tao it self aka the supreme ultimate would protect you because you are one with it. To be a taichi practitioner means that you are the supreme ultimate's hammer or vessel on earth.

The taichi forms help attune you to nature and how to work with channeling the tao it self thru your body.

Real taichi is not about fighting, relaxing, internal power, or forms. It is about attaining the tao taichi is the vessel that helps you attain it.

When looking at it like this then you can see all the misconceptions in internal martial arts now.

A taichi practitioner that has attained the tao his real taichi gong not just yin yang gong. It is about the attainment of the tao when this is attained the power that can be manifested is amazing.

Its about increasing your level of chi so you can manifest more of the tao's power.

A fully realized taichi practitioner can channel energies from the sun, moon stars, and so on. This is what it means to have the fully alchemy of internal matial art.

I saw this style yesterday, normally Yang is what i'm used to, but after seeing Chen, wow.. I am in :wub: ! - AND it's not because it was a girl doing it : )

I watched some men too, i am totally captivated, i've never seen anything so beautiful.

Can anyone recommend any video material in the nature of a tutorial or education course to help me learn this style, it's hard to find anything.. : (

Cheers!

Hup Holland Hup :P

I have 4 Chen Tai Chi dvds that I am going to sell. If you are interested pm me. Regards.

Real taichi is not about fighting, relaxing, internal power, or forms. It is about attaining the tao taichi is the vessel that helps you attain it.

When looking at it like this then you can see all the misconceptions in internal martial arts now.

A taichi practitioner that has attained the tao his real taichi gong not just yin yang gong. It is about the attainment of the tao when this is attained the power that can be manifested is amazing.

Its about increasing your level of chi so you can manifest more of the tao's power.

A fully realized taichi practitioner can channel energies from the sun, moon stars, and so on. This is what it means to have the fully alchemy of internal matial art.

EW,

What is it you actually KNOW about real tai chi? Maybe you can go into detail about it? I dont mean your experience with TW or MLNK but beyond that practice, what do you KNOW?

I dont know who you think i am but i practice chen style taichi thats why i posted on this thread. This is the second message ive received like this. Im sorry if you have had a bad experience but im not this person you think i am. btw my name is Charles im sorry i didnt catch your name?

I've been practicing it for about 8 years and can tell you that if you wish to 'learn' it then you need a teacher. There seem to be alot of teachers in Europe. I'd imagine there would be someone near Rotterdam. Chen Xiao Wang has disciples everywhere and there may be people from other lineages as well.

As far as videos or online instruction, check out Ken Gullete's site. I think he offers two-weeks free and then you can cancel if you don't like. He's not an advanced practitioner in my book but from what I've seen he can communicate and demonstrate some basic concepts fairly clearly. He's got a ton of videos. For DVD's, I have the Lou Reed/Ren Guang Yi one and like it but the form Lao Jia YiLu is considered a bit advanced. Start with 19 form.

--and again, find a teacher..good luck

Sign in to follow this