Gerard

Ghosts/Hungry Ghosts

I'm not so sure about that. The actress's words may have created a bridge... things connect when they are bridged, on all levels, from your own neural dendrites connecting synapses in your brain to your whole brain connecting with your body via neural fibers, to your whole body connecting to the rest of the universe via electrical, magnetic, thermal, chemical (e.g. breath) etc. interactions. Your body temperature being different from that of the room you're in is one such bridge -- you create a local molecular traffic around you that is shaped by your being there. If you're a cat and there's fleas in the environment, they will react to the thermal bridge -- their all senses are shaped around detecting it -- and cross it. Similarly, words you hear in a half-asleep trance-inducing state can create a brain wave pattern that is a local bridge shaped by your being, well, in trance. Trance is the state accessible to entities that can't contact you otherwise -- while, e.g., a state of your electrochemical brain activity known as "logical step by step analysis" is a lock that closes most doors to most entities.

For comparison: cooling off of your mucous membranes is a state that makes them accessible to some microbes and viruses that otherwise can't penetrate it -- that's why we talk of "catching a cold," what you really catch is beings that the cold let through. (Whereas a high fever kills many of them, which is why the body raises its temperature to get rid of entities it is trying to eliminate.) Similarly, a trance state makes you, or anyone else, more "permeable" to some entities. Since the entity that you heard mentioned in your trance state was a tall angel and not a short elf, that's who "permeated" -- it's like turning when someone has called your name in the crowd, you go, "what? who? did someone say Scotty?" The same thing may have happened to that angel. Then when he (?) saw that his name was mentioned just by chance (someone in the crowd may have been calling a Scotty all right, but you turn around and discover it wasn't you they were calling, some other Scotty?), he left, end of story.

We are not nearly as suggestible as we believe we are. :lol: We are much more along the lines of "more" or "less" permeable to stuff, the state we are in is a bridge or a bridge burning endeavor... We assume that if our contacts or lack thereof with other dimensions, realities, entities can be affected by the state we're in, it must be "all in our head" when they manifest. Not so. It's an interaction... a bridge between your state and the state of the universe.

Love your post, it's good medicine ;))

found this link which resonates some of your thoughtlines hope you enjoy it too

http://blog.learnremoteviewing.com/2010/12/22/remote-viewing-and-science/

You keep spouting stuff about "karma", "karma", and "karma". Not all events are connected to each other with cause and effect, and dependent origination.

Yes they are.

Dependent Origination is a subtler view than merely karma though.

Anyway...

"CHOD" (Cutting through or cutting away)

Is a wonderful practice to help hungry ghosts. Chod was invented by a female Buddha. It has to do with creating a mind body as an offering to these spirits, empowered by compassion that they can eat up, thus eventually ending up liberating these spirits, both from you and themselves.

It's a pretty nuanced practice incorporating mantra, mudra and visualization, as well as deep feeling.

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 1

I always interpreted the term hungry Ghost as a reference to a human state, for example those sorts of people who are never satisfied and keep needing more and more of everything. I never thought it was meant literally.

Wind chimes, baguas and obsidian glass are not Buddhist amulets! :)

Who said they were Buddhist? To me Buddhism and Daoism are heavily connected so I don't really make distinctions between the two, and deep down I don't make distinctions amongst any spiritual practices whether they are here on Earth, a populated planet in the Vega system or in the realm of the Devas. :lol:

• Like 2

Who said they were Buddhist?

You did. Your post suggests that by putting up any or all three of the mentioned items in the house, it will be sufficient to get the buddhas and the bodhisattvas to extend their blessings and protection. I find this misleading, Gerard (apologies), because its inaccurate and too simplistic. If only negative forces can be averted merely by hanging stuff up around the house...

Amulets and other protective paraphernalia have to undergo a process of being imbued with specific 'protective energies', usually by high monks, abbots or senior lamas, in order for their powers to be activated. This requires some attention to detail. The more serious the situation, the more info they need - birthdate, locale/vicinity, how the house is situated, for eg, what direction the front/back door is facing, and other nitty gritty stuff, and then they will have to select a specific date to initiate prayers to transfer the protective energy from said prayer ritual into the amulet/fu. Then, whoever made the request will have to perform certain cleansing acts on themselves before being permitted to the temple to 'invite' said amulet back to the house. Such amulets are asked to be put up very specifically at a certain time of the day and at a very specific location either within or just outside the house.

Its not as simple as buying baguas, windchimes and what-have-yous from the local crystal shop and then putting them up around the house, like they do in those vampire movies where those who fear the creatures of the night hang crucifixes all over the house and on their bodies :lol: in the hope of warding these things off. If only it was this easy! Your advice could potentially land someone in some unwarranted trouble.

For those who think their house could do with a boost of protection, may i suggest not to make it a DIY job... please.

Edited by CowTao

Brisbane.

It's good cultivating correctly and at the same time leading a virtuous life. Morality will keep astral parasites away. if you like to can enforce your home with devices that will keep them away as long as they were not there in the first place because in that case you'll need to remove them first. Some protective symbols are:

1. Bagua

2. Wind chimes

3. Obsidian glass

These amulets will be protect your home by all the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, as well as gods, dragons and others of the eightfold division. The Chinese place great importance and respect to Guanyin Bodhisattva as well as dragon entities to protect home from bad Feng Shui, and ghosts and living close to cemeteries (meditating in a cemetery as part of specific Buddhist practice is a totally different story) is bad FS because it brings very bad luck.

In Thailand, Theravadin monks use specific spiritual tattoos to protect them against demonic entities and other unwanted beings. Sometimes they depict Buddhist deities or temples and other times Thai scripts reproducing prayers or yantras a very specific pattern composed of dots. Basically in that country tattoing is a significant spiritual experience, whereas in the West, as you know is simply a fashionable item lacking real significance.

Here were I work I have seen astral parasites attached to coworkers who drink in excess and have serious emotional issues. I feel sorry for them as they don't have a clue of what's happening to them. One of them is as pale as a ghost, she has got one of those suckers absorbing her Qi to a great extent. Namo namo to them.

Hey Gerald

Your right. And yes it was brisbane i had the problems too. Brisbane is ghost and alien central crikeys.

I placed some charms and opened everything up with huge volume music, it helped for a little while.

TF

If you only knew what I have experienced in this place. This is my final year here, for sure, just waiting to finish Bagua studies and then bye bye Brisbane; back to Asia for a long term retreat. Ask any Aboriginal elders, who of course don't bother comeing to this area at all, about what they think of Brisbane's energy. You probably know the answer anyway. I believe tha root of all problems starts in the river and its negative Feng Shui.

What do you think there are so many pest issues in many of the houses in this town?

Australians are very frustrated and they firmly believe in the philosophy of when things are difficult you must toughen up. This is so wrong.

One of the tenants that used to live above my place was bodybuilder, steroid user, with her liver qi stagnant, aggressive, unhappy and with huge emotional issues.

I ended up hanging a Tibetan prayer flag all across my balcony and things eased off quite a lot, but it is my daily meditation sessions in my lounge what has kept my apartment free of pests and entities ...a strong Qi field is an excellent defense mechanism. :)

I recommend practising the Daoist Golden Light Meditation to ward off negative energies, bring good luck and increase lifespan. It's a wonderful method that will clean up your aura and build up good karma. I also recommend surrounding yourselves with the Vajrasattva seal every night right before going to sleep. It will protect your Yin spirit during its astral travels.

Well, weird noises and pests remained for some time even after she left and the partment was unoccupied. The entity living upstairs is preying now on the tenant living alone who also has bad emotional blockages. I am still staying in this place because it is convenient and well located but honestly can't wait to leave. :lol:

Anyway, what's your birthdate?

Your right again mate! And your very lucky to go to asia for retreat! I loved going on retreats. I would return home crispy crittered.

Vajrasattva and buddhism makes me feel a bit better. I don't think it will ever make perfect sense though because I am white skinned so I found some solace in authentic kabbalah a bit closer to white religion=judaism. Daoism of course, is phenomenal however. We can't live without it.

lol, funny your pest solutions! I'm gonna start sounding like reikimama but damn flys and stuff are telepathic I often call them out of the house whistling, before my wife gets a chance to kill them. Oh, you probably noticed after a while of deep meditation the bugs leave you alone, they don't like the qi field like you said. Kind of puts them to sleep or something.

Brisbane memories...I had an incident where I saw an entity?/alien? and it changed my life completely toward the direction im in now. I don't know what's the go with the skin tight black clothes?! OBing in brisbane is psycho, i used to get so frightened when it happened. Sometimes you see other people floating around at night and these beacon things. I also saw many ufos in brisbane with other witnesses. The F-11 would always come out and do its rounds straight after. Now I'm really sounding like a Reikimama!!

I don't mind telling you my birth date but really not sure about here: can pm it to you if you like?

Peace

TF

Brisbane memories...I had an incident where I saw an entity?/alien? and it changed my life completely toward the direction im in now. I don't know what's the go with the skin tight black clothes?! OBing in brisbane is psycho, i used to get so frightened when it happened. Sometimes you see other people floating around at night and these beacon things. I also saw many ufos in brisbane with other witnesses. The F-11 would always come out and do its rounds straight after. Now I'm really sounding like a Reikimama!!

I don't mind telling you my birth date but really not sure about here: can pm it to you if you like?

Peace

TF

My friend, many foreign people I know of who used to live in this psycho-place have left for good, like running from the devil. I believe you. Now that you mention the UFO thing, one day I thought I was either dreaming or hallucinating when I saw something at night time while driving along the Riverside Express a couple of months ago. It was going very fast downwards towards Stefan's tower in West End and I said to myself OMG! that thing is going to crash and kill a lot of people, and you know what...nothing happened, the whole aircraft vanished in thin air. :o

I examined rationally the whole situation about all the possibilities and compared it to what I saw and it doesn't make any sense. That object, which loked more like a small aircraft and moved like a chopper (and that's what I thought it was: a simple chopper), and it was flashing white lights as an aircraft does at night time; but then boom! It vanished when it should have crashed against the small buildings surrounding Stefan's tower.

Now you mentioned this UFO thing. I honestly still don't know what to think about that event.

Edited by Gerard

OK, here's some info about why negative entities get attached to us humans as a result of drug and alcohol consumption resulting from emotional trauma. Still if that consumption is excessive opens wholes in your aura as I already stated before. But let's take a look at what history has taught us and which we tend to forget:

The English word spirit (from Latin spiritus "breath") has many differing meanings and connotations, all of them relating to a non-corporeal substance contrasted with the material body. The spirit of a human being is thus the animating, sensitive or vital principle in that individual, similar to the soul taken to be the seat of the mental, intellectual and emotional powers. The notions of a person's "spirit" and "soul" often also overlap, as both contrast with body and both are imagined as surviving the bodily death in religion and occultism,[1] and "spirit" can also have the sense of "ghost", i.e. manifestations of the spirit of a deceased person.

If we take a look at the various metaphorical uses for the term spirit we find the following:

1. The loyalty and feeling of inclusion in the social history or collective essence of an institution or group, such as in school spirit or esprit de corps.

2. A closely related meaning refers to the worldview of a person, place, or time, as in "The Declaration of Independence was written in the spirit of John Locke and his notions of liberty", or the term zeitgeist, meaning "spirit of the age".

3. As a synonym for "vivacity" as in "She performed the piece with spirit" or "She put up a spirited defense".

4. The underlying intention of a text as distinguished from its literal meaning, especially in law; see Letter and spirit of the law

5. As a term for alcoholic beverages — stemming from medieval superstitions that explained the effects of alcohol as demonic activity.

6. In mysticism: existence in unity with Godhead. Soul may also equate with spirit, but the soul involves certain individual human consciousness, while spirit comes from beyond that. Compare the psychological teaching of Al-Ghazali.

Extracted from the Wikipedia.

I have to disagree with the term "superstition." Back then more humans have their third eyes open compared to today's standards; unfortunately the Roman Catholic Church used the Inquisition system which began in the late 12th century well right through the XIX century in order to terminate anything that dared to challenge their corrupted views of Christian spirituality, they turned it into a form of human control for purely financial purposes. The medieval inquisitions were aimed at such heretical movements as the Cathars and Waldensians as they confronted the Catholic Church's authority. When we speak of the Inquisition, without saying specifically saying which, we are usually speaking of the Spanish Inquisition, which started in 1478 and lasted until 1834. There were also Portuguese and Roman Inquisitions, both of which began in the 16th century. These later Inquisitions were aimed at rooting out all heretics rather than being confined to investigating specific heresies. This system created a lot of fear and as a result humans started to shut down their third eyes to avoid persecution and ultimately torture and death by fire. Only God knows who many mystics were tortured and suffered from horrible deaths in Europe.

Today's society's fears, anger, repression, manners and emotional issues and so forth are remnants of a relatively recent past.

When you consume alcohol and get drunk you are really inviting an entity; and personally I think that mental conditions like psychosis, paranoia, schizophrenia, etc. are caused in many instances by the influence of a negative entity inhabiting a body with a soul present on it. The famous case of Anneliese Michel springs to mind:

Anneliese Michel was born on September 21, 1952 in Leiblfing, Bavaria, Germany. Michel was raised in a strict Catholic family. A devout girl, she tried to make reparations for the sins of wayward priests and drug addicts by sleeping on a bare floor during the dead of winter.

In 1968, when Anneliese was 16 and still in high school, she began to suffer from convulsions. Court findings had her experiencing her first epileptic attack in 1969.

Soon, Anneliese started experiencing hallucinations while praying, and also began to hear voices telling her that she would "stew in hell". By 1973 Anneliese was suffering from depression and considering suicide. Her behavior became increasingly bizarre; she tore off her clothes, ate coal and spiders off the floor, and licked up her own urine.

Exorcism and death

In 1975, when Anneliese Michel was 23 years old, an older woman who accompanied her on a pilgrimage concluded that Michel was suffering from demonic possession because Michel was unable to walk past a certain icon of Jesus Christ and refused to drink the water of a holy spring. An exorcist in a nearby town examined Michel and believed she was suffering from demonic possession. The bishop issued permission to perform an actual rite of exorcism according to the Rituale Romanum of 1614.

After 10 months of unsuccessful psychiatric treatments, they gave up on medical treatment and chose to rely solely on the exorcisms for healing. The rites of exorcism were performed over the course of about ten months between 1975 and 1976. A total of sixty-seven exorcism sessions were held, one or two each week, some lasting up to four hours. At some point she began talking increasingly about dying to atone for the wayward youth of the day and the apostate priests of the modern church, and refused to eat. Though she had received treatment for epilepsy by this time, at her own request, doctors were no longer being consulted after Anneliese mentioned the "demons" to the doctors, explaining that they started to give her orders. The doctors seemed unable to help, and Anneliese lost hope that medicine was going to be able to cure her of her problems.

On July 1, 1976, Anneliese Michel died in her sleep. The autopsy report stated that her death resulted from the malnutrition and dehydration due to almost a year of semi-starvation during which time the rites of exorcism were also performed.

Extracted from the Wikipedia.

Edited by Gerard

The catholic church is a clear example that a lot of humans can't handle power. The kabbalists say that developed people have a "masach", which is like a shielding for self greed and instead is rooted in power to only bestowing/receiving for the creator. The restriction of self desire ends up changing our internal vessels; we become more god like. And so desires that existed before loose their strength and are replaced with higher needs.

The constant catholic priest and kid problem is not just frustration i believe, but some of them believe in occult reasons for having little boys.

Spirits are things which really need to be understood. They have caused more trouble then we know, and it is simply because we don't understand there ways. Mind you, there is a fine line between trying to understand and using them for purposes.

TF

When you consume alcohol and get drunk you are really inviting an entity; and personally I think that mental conditions like psychosis, paranoia, schizophrenia, etc. are caused in many instances by the influence of a negative entity inhabiting a body with a soul present on it. The famous case of Anneliese Michel springs to mind:

I don't think it's 100% the case Gerard that if you consume alcohol you are inviting an entity. It simply means in that state the entity has more ability to tweak an unprocessed 'id'. Lots of dark stuff is already there, just societies conditioning keeps it down. If it's processed they have nothing to tweak on, so to speak. There has to be a handle there in the first place.

Anneliese Michel was born on September 21, 1952 in Leiblfing, Bavaria, Germany. Michel was raised in a strict Catholic family. A devout girl, she tried to make reparations for the sins of wayward priests and drug addicts by sleeping on a bare floor during the dead of winter.

Well there's her problem right there. Sleeping on the floor. I don't know why but entities really like to inhabit the floor, and when a human is on the floor they like to feed off them. I remember where I used to live years ago. I had been practicing opening my peripheral vision and one day I noticed something shadowy in the floor of the living room. At first I thought it was my imagination or some other effect of the light, but no matter where I positioned myself it was always there. It would also slightly move, but seemed to be somehow stuck.

I tried to communicate with it and asked it to show if it was really there, and it waved at me! Anyway, not much was doing with it so I pretty much lost interest with it. I still have no idea what it was or what it was doing....or why it was seemingly stuck in the floor either.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

I don't think it's 100% the case Gerard that if you consume alcohol you are inviting an entity.

Please read carefull what I write before making statements like that, OK?

"...negative entities get attached to us humans as a result of drug and alcohol consumption resulting from emotional trauma. Still if that consumption is excessive opens wholes in your aura..."

Basically the trick is avoiding emotional surges as their weaken our energy field. Can you see know why Buddhism and Daoism emphasise working hard on our emotions.

Ask yourselves the following questions:

Do you or someone you know have an addiction to sex, a sudden or unexplainable onset of sadness, depression, reckless behavior, poor memory and concentration, change in personality, feelings of being followed or feeling drained, schizophrenia, physical problems, recurring dreams or nightmares, anger, guilt or anxiety,

or hear inner voices (especially with negative messages)?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then it's likely that you or someone you know is being

influenced by a "ghost entity" and, or dark energy. To redirect or "shake off" those entities to the correct place as well as protecting yourself from them is to avoid drug and excess alcohol consumption, visualise a while light of protection around you often and ask for help from the ultimate God (for some spiritual traditions), devas, spirit guides, angels, Buddhas and boddhisattvas like Guanyin.

The following mantra is very benefitial for this sort of help:

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA (Homage to the enlightened "One" that dwells within).

Blessings.

:)

Please read carefull what I write before making statements like that, OK?

"...negative entities get attached to us humans as a result of drug and alcohol consumption resulting from emotional trauma. Still if that consumption is excessive opens wholes in your aura..."

Ok Gerard, perhaps my bad. But I was more concentrating on this statement you made later, which was the one I quoted:

When you consume alcohol and get drunk you are really inviting an entity....

Ask yourselves the following questions:

Do you or someone you know have an addiction to sex, a sudden or unexplainable onset of sadness, depression, reckless behavior, poor memory and concentration, change in personality, feelings of being followed or feeling drained, schizophrenia, physical problems, recurring dreams or nightmares, anger, guilt or anxiety,

or hear inner voices (especially with negative messages)?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then it's likely that you or someone you know is being

influenced by a "ghost entity" and, or dark energy.

I kind of think with the exception of Schizophrenia, you just covered the entire population of the world to some degree at some point in their lives.

In truth, I don't disagree with your opinion as to one of the possible causes though.

The following mantra is very benefitial for this sort of help:

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA (Homage to the enlightened "One" that dwells within).

Blessings.

:)

Nice mantra. Thanks