everseeking

Jerry Alan Johnson books

ShaktiMama-

I know nothing about Dr. Johnson's Medical QiGong. I am going to buy some of his books, but I don't think I will be able to afford top study with him soon.

Is any of the medical QiGong in the books something I could (after learning how) do to help patients without them knowing? Or would it require that I make gestures or whatever-that would draw attention and require me to explain?

Do you know of anyplace that I could research the legality of an RN (me) performing medical QiGong? I wonder if I could show patients without having to get a degree in it. Of course I would LOVE to get some certification in it, but...

I hope my questions make some sense. It is early, the sun is still asleep, and my brain is mush. I have to go to the school's skills lab (an hour away ) and practice Tracheostomy Care.

ShaktiMama, thanks so much for your amazing contribution ;-)

That you are a Nurse that is where you are with K and energy, etc.. is inspiring. I have a friend that wants to learn about meditation and things in part from talking about me and I'm gonna see if I can direct her your way somehow-or here to TTB.

Anyhow, thanks .

senseikarma

And as for the Meditation CD's, yeah-its Volume 2 of that one I bought online, and I couldn't find a track with any words at all. No worries though, and thanks for the reply.

ShaktiMama-

I know nothing about Dr. Johnson's Medical QiGong. I am going to buy some of his books, but I don't think I will be able to afford top study with him soon.

Is any of the medical QiGong in the books something I could (after learning how) do to help patients without them knowing? Or would it require that I make gestures or whatever-that would draw attention and require me to explain?

Do you know of anyplace that I could research the legality of an RN (me) performing medical QiGong? I wonder if I could show patients without having to get a degree in it. Of course I would LOVE to get some certification in it, but...

I hope my questions make some sense. It is early, the sun is still asleep, and my brain is mush. I have to go to the school's skills lab (an hour away ) and practice Tracheostomy Care.

That you are a Nurse that is where you are with K and energy, etc.. is inspiring. I have a friend that wants to learn about meditation and things in part from talking about me and I'm gonna see if I can direct her your way somehow-or here to TTB.

Anyhow, thanks .

senseikarma

And as for the Meditation CD's, yeah-its Volume 2 of that one I bought online, and I couldn't find a track with any words at all. No worries though, and thanks for the reply.

I can give you a perspective on this as I have taught medical qigong to several nurses, councelors, and physicians. While the dramatic gestures, big words, etc do have their place, one can perform medical qigong without the other person knowing, except they will feel the effect. This effect can be attributed to you being a caring nurse. Also, if you practice a qigong method that actually raises your energy body vibration rate, then there will be a magnetic induction effect in which you will help everyone around you.

• Like 2

I havethe old version of the Chinese mEdical Qigong Therapy book.

I want the new edition!

Guest sykkelpump

How many times do I have to write?:

I get ZERO, NADDA, NOTHING in financial return for being on this forum. If I ever entertained the idea this could be a good business move I would have left the week after I joined. The time invested has no financial return. Anyone I have helped on this list I have done for free.

I speak and write about what I know, what I have experienced, who I have met, where I have been, who I run with for the last 20+ years. If I lived in ashram or a monastery you would be hearing about my life there not my life as it is now. If you want to call that marketing, so be it. I suck at marketing if I thought marketing on this forum is a good idea.

I make NOTHING in money or fees by contributing to this forum.

There is no check that magically appears for combat pay that I get for participating. You assume that this is about making money? Why in the hell would I put up with these hateful childish attacks for no money? Life is not about making money. Maybe it is for you guys so that is why you interpret what I do as money motivated.

Hello? People who do this do this because they love it not because it puts food on the table. Its not easy at all being an instructor.

I make a living as a nurse. I do KAP for fun and because it does make a measurable difference in the quality of life on this planet. I don't need KAP to pay the rent or my expenses. If I did I certainly would be better served spending my time in a productive financial return and not writing on an internet forum. (actually, i need to take my own advice. :lol: )

Wake UP! Try being a little realistic here.

I am not here to conform to your ideals of what makes a good teacher. I do not need your approval to be good at what I do. I am not here to reinforce the status quo. I am not here to make you feel good or hide what I know I have experienced so you can maintain your comfortable level of reality.

What I am here for is to share deeply from my own experiences. If it offends you DON"T READ WHAT I WRITE.

Again, if you don't like what I write...don't read it. I am sharing what I have experienced personally not what I read in a book or pulled off the internet.

I PAID for Jerry's DVDs, books, and tuition from his senior students. DO you? If you don't, don't give me shit because you would rather benefit from by stealing someone's work than pay up front. If you do you have money issues so don't be pointing the finger at me boyfriends. There are four fingers pointing right back at you so stop with the holier than thou marketing money lectures.

You are like a termit that never gives up.why dont you back up your skills with som action.since you dont do things for money.why dont you give us proof of your skills.you recently wrote this:

"

A couple of his Daoism students and medical qigong students are now studying with Sant/KAP cause they get so much more power and understanding and gentle treatment.(Also far less expensive and more personal relationship) Santi and I did a long distance shakti meditation for some of Johnson's crew and left them stunned and hung over. Yeah...I am self promoting here but lets call things as it is. They are still talking about it and Santi and I were not even putting a lot effort into it"

so why dont you give everybody in this thread including me a long distance shakti meditation and leave us stunned and hang over.like you say it doesnt cost you any effort.

CAN YOU DO THAT?

I have a feeling you will come up with some exuses for not doing that.

Edited by sykkelpump

Agree with Ya Mu. Cultivate to develope strong Wei Chi for protection and just being in your field will be helpful to patients and help you avoid burn-out. Dramatic movements in that environment are not always appreciated. :) Go into the ICU and tell your patients you will do eight piece brocade before attending to them and see how long you can keep your job (not typically appreciated). When I moved to California, I naively thought "this is great, everyone here is open-minded, and I can practice wherever I want". First day, at lunch, I did some bone-shaking on a beautiful walk on a trail. Within 5 minutes 4 police showed up and told me to get on the ground. Apparently someone from the golf course called them and thought I was "taking a piss". I found this amusing and quite a severe reaction for alleged piss-taking, but the person that called would not make an identification and I was let go. So yes, still not accepted in the "mainstream". :D

Have very small secondhand info. on JAJ, but must go. Will share later.

You are like a termit that never gives up.why dont you back up your skills with som action.since you dont do things for money.why dont you give us proof of your skills.you recently wrote this:

"

A couple of his Daoism students and medical qigong students are now studying with Sant/KAP cause they get so much more power and understanding and gentle treatment.(Also far less expensive and more personal relationship) Santi and I did a long distance shakti meditation for some of Johnson's crew and left them stunned and hung over. Yeah...I am self promoting here but lets call things as it is. They are still talking about it and Santi and I were not even putting a lot effort into it"

so why dont you give everybody in this thread including me a long distance shakti meditation and leave us stunned and hang over.like you say it doesnt cost you any effort.

CAN YOU DO THAT?

I have a feeling you will come up with some exuses for not doing that.

So when are you going to show up for the global shaktipat meditations that we have almost monthly, no charge?. Do you have any energy sensing skills that are on the level of Johnson's students? If you don't have the skills it will be difficult for you to participate at their level of sensitivity. If your nervous system is numb and under developed I can guarantee you probably wont feel anything. That's your fault and that doesnt have anything to do with me.

Johnson's school teaches chi/energy sensing on a master's level. I highly recommend it. If you can't sense chi start there first, then come see me. Or maybe I should give you a reference from one of the medical qigong doctors? A requirement to pass the first level of training is to be able to sense and send chi, diagnose energy pathologies, etc.

Maybe you could go to our website and check out the testimonials. Truthfully, I don't think you want to be convinced. You are happier complaining and attacking an established teacher, maybe? I don't know. Makes you look important?

Here's an outstanding medical qigong doctor/teacher who lives in the SF area. He has been granted the privilige of training people in Primordial Chaos Qigong by Master Duan, one of my qigong teachers.

http://www.gideonenz.com/about.html

He is a direct student of Johnson's.He is also initiated into the Daoist mystical lineage that Johnson teaches.

Here is video of one of my teachers in qigong, Master Duan of whom I studied with in China with Dr. Enz (who sat with me and was my partner in a lot of the training) and accompanied by the head of the medical qigong school, Sifu Bernard Shannon.

A video of Bernard discussing the programs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA

Bernard and I wolfed down a few plates of duck in Beijing together.

If you do contact Dr. Enz, please be respectful and then he may tell you about me. I will let him know that people may be contacting him.

Just fulfilled my marketing duties for today. :rolleyes:

Guest sykkelpump

So when are you going to show up for the global shaktipat meditations that we have almost monthly, no charge?. Do you have any energy sensing skills that are on the level of Johnson's students? If you don't have the skills it will be difficult for you to participate at their level of sensitivity. If your nervous system is numb and under developed I can guarantee you probably wont feel anything. That's your fault and that doesnt have anything to do with me.

Johnson's school teaches chi/energy sensing on a master's level. I highly recommend it. If you can't sense chi start there first, then come see me. Or maybe I should give you a reference from one of the medical qigong doctors? A requirement to pass the first level of training is to be able to sense and send chi, diagnose energy pathologies, etc.

Maybe you could go to our website and check out the testimonials. Truthfully, I don't think you want to be convinced. You are happier complaining and attacking an established teacher, maybe? I don't know. Makes you look important?

Here's an outstanding medical qigong doctor/teacher who lives in the SF area. He has been granted the privilige of training people in Primordial Chaos Qigong by Master Duan, one of my qigong teachers.

http://www.gideonenz.com/about.html

He is a direct student of Johnson's.He is also initiated into the Daoist mystical lineage that Johnson teaches.

Here is video of one of my teachers in qigong, Master Duan of whom I studied with in China with Dr. Enz (who sat with me and was my partner in a lot of the training) and accompanied by the head of the medical qigong school, Sifu Bernard Shannon.

A video of Bernard discussing the programs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA

Bernard and I wolfed down a few plates of duck in Beijing together.

If you do contact Dr. Enz, please be respectful and then he may tell you about me. I will let him know that people may be contacting him.

Just fulfilled my marketing duties for today. :rolleyes:

this is exactly what bullshit i was expected.i think you should be banned.bu that is my opinion

ShaktiMama is sharing information that lots of us want to hear, and sharing wisdom and goodwill, and is a very welcome addition to the forum.

ShaktiMama-

Anyhow, thanks .

senseikarma

Because of my internal development, I broadcast healing energy 24/7. It's a fact so people don't give crap about ego. :P

My suggestion then is to work on your internal development and not worry about doing any forms on the job. Also realize that if you must do forms you can do them in hidden ways, with your mind, a form of shen gong and still get benefit.

This is how I do it and one has to be a sneaky ninja about it or one can get in trouble in some institutions, especially the catholic and seventh day adventist systems.

Once your internal development is mature one runs energy 24/7 between heaven and earth. The body is the nexus point between heaven and earth, a vessel of alchemical transformation. As the energy swirls and merges in your body let it concentrate in your heart. Then just touch the patient and let the energy flow down your arm into your hands. You may be surprised how strong they "suck" from you. I was. So it is important you do not use your native chi or you will become sick and chi deficient.

You can simplify this process by just connecting your heart to the Divine or Source and just letting the energy flow.

Study Therapeutic Touch. It has a lot of nursing research, was developed by an RN, and is known in a lot of hospitals.

You MUST learn energetic hygiene techniques. I had to leave hospital nursing for a long time because I was picking up too much toxic energy until I learned energetic hygiene techniques. Again you can pick that training up in Johnson's text books.

I use Johnson's textbooks like a cook book. I look for techniques to use.

I would start with volume 1. It is the foundation for the rest of the trainings. It goes into energetic anataomy, mystical daoism.

Once you get it contact me and I will help you design a reading schedule.

Don't worry about the legality. Your RN lisence covers a multitude of "sins." :)

Trach care makes me barf. But guess who worked in head and neck surgery for a year after she got out of nursing. Mucus City. Nothing worse than seeing someone smoke a cigarette out of the hole in their neck.

Marketing warning and disclaimer: Be a nurse. Make lots of money. Be in one of the top respected and trusted professions in the US. Eternal job security. People love you. I have not been compensated for this announcemnt.

Edited by ShaktiMama

this is exactly what bullshit i was expected.i think you should be banned.bu that is my opinion

just as i suspected. you have no energy sensing skills. people who bitch and complain the loudest are the ones who are lacking in development because those who have skills show respect and come to me for further training.

ShaktiMama is sharing information that lots of us want to hear, and sharing wisdom and goodwill, and is a very welcome addition to the forum.

+1

I have the first two of JAJ's books and frankly they are mostly a rehash of TCM. IOW, not impressed. If I were I would have bought the rest.

Marketing warning and disclaimer: Be a nurse. Make lots of money. Be in one of the top respected and trusted professions in the US. Eternal job security. People love you. I have not been compensated for this announcemnt.

Once you get it contact me and I will help you design a reading schedule.

--A reading schedule? All right, I will do that. It will be nearly one more month though.

Marketing warning and disclaimer: Be a nurse. Make lots of money. Be in one of the top respected and trusted professions in the US. Eternal job security. People love you. I have not been compensated for this announcement.

LOL. Thats the plan ;-)

just as i suspected. you have no energy sensing skills. people who bitch and complain the loudest are the ones who are lacking in development because those who have skills show respect and come to me for further training.

Ha ha!

You are SO full of yourself. You need to get out of your world of "energies" and $1/minute psychic hotline thing and work towards being a genuine, humble and grounded person. All this "energy play" is simply a delusion and need not to have to necessarily do anything with being spiritual or enlightened. But, as evident from your posts, you like these kid games and propagate that as the way to go. Unfortunate.

I started this thread, asking about Jerry Alan Johnson, and some books authored by him. So far, ShaktiMama has given-by far and away-the most thorough and educational responses.

I NEVER asked about being spiritual, I don't need to. I asked about healing people with medical QiGong. Hospitals have Pastoral Care for spiritual needs, NURSES ARE WITH THE PATIENTS ALL DAY, CARING FOR THEM AND TRYING TO KEEP THEM ALIVE AND WELL.

And while I'm on that subject, let me ask that you not use the thread I started as a platform to blast others and voice your discontent with them. But if you must, then please offer something relevant to the thread, JAJ, Medical Qi Gong, etc.

NOT USELESS DRIVEL AND BITCHING.

Oh, by the way, the "Top" Nurse thing and $75K thing... Sorry, not impressed.

So what if YOU aren't impressed? THIS THREAD ISN"T ABOUT YOU. ITS ABOUT MASTER JERRY ALAN JOHNSON. READ THE TITLE, PLEASE. And maybe share something about him, eh?

I made $110k the first thing out of college..

Gongradulations, clap clap clap. Well, your comment shows how 'spiritual' you are, and where your heart is really at. How can you take yourself seriously? You criticized someone for not being spiritual or enlightened, tell them that they need to be humble, THEN you make THAT comment in the SAME POST??

...and those who didn't make it to Med school went into nursing?

This thread needs such comments like my asshole needs teeth.

And just a Tao Master, not even a Tao Bum. The force frowns upon your shenanigans.

Edited by everseeking

I almost forgot-

Thank you Ya Mu and ShaktiMama for your informative replies, and thanks to all who have given their input on Master Jerry Alan Johnson.

You are SO full of yourself. You need to get out of your world of "energies" and $1/minute psychic hotline thing and work towards being a genuine, humble and grounded person. All this "energy play" is simply a delusion and need not to have to necessarily do anything with being spiritual or enlightened. But, as evident from your posts, you like these kid games and propagate that as the way to go. Unfortunate.

I googled your name last night and read some stuff you wrote about Kundalini. You make the grave mistake of assuming that you understand kundalini based on what you think is an awakening and spread your understand which is absolutely useless for someone else. Wish things were THAT simple.

Oh, by the way, the "Top" Nurse thing and $75K thing... Sorry, not impressed. I made $110k the first thing out of college..and those who didn't make it to Med school went into nursing? You guys charge 300 something bucks for your KAP and you speak as though you have dedicated your life to serving the world. By the way, its time you stop posing here as Mother Theresa LMAO

So what is your understanding of kundalini, awakening, etc.? So you googled my name? What will I find if I google yours? I don't even know your real name.

Where did you get the $1 psychic line?????

And you are an example of being genuine, humble, and grounded? :P

I think enlightenment is a cultural myth in my honest moments. Again, for the 100th time on this forum, I have never said anywhere, including this board that I am or claim to be enlightened. Please, if you say my name automatically repeat as a mantra, "Susan denies being enlightened! Susan is a very poor example of enlightenment." Train yourself to run screaming into the night when you see a post by me so you are not offended and have to cry about it to others. I think what I will do is put it in my profile..."warning, unenlightened teacher here. Prepare to be offended."

DON'T READ MY POSTS! (that's a subliminal message).

Yes, I love to play energy games and also teach others how to do so but if you think I think that is the whole enchilada, you are misinformed and/or lack insight.

No nurse makes 110K right out of college. What we make is probably about 50k right out of school for the two year grads. So why do nurses become a nurse when the pay is so crappy in the beginning? Ummmm....maybe they want to help people? Ask a real doc, nurses run the show and are vastly underpaid. No one in their right mind wants to be a doc according to my doc friends. A neurosurgeon once told me any monkey can be trained to do brain surgery.

Not making it in med school is an insult from the 50s when docs were autocratic asses and nurses were trained to be submissive and didn't know how to stand up to them. So at least be topical when you try to insult me and my peers. Nurses are the number one profession that is trusted and respected in the United States So insulting a whole profession of decent people so you can belittle me cause I don't make as much money as a doctor is a bit low class, don't you think? But it isn't about the money with you or is it?

Mother Thesea was the PR mouthpiece for the Catholic Church bringing in millions of dollars to that organization. Why do you compare me to her? I aint no effing saint. Heh, some say that is part of my charm. :P

Being full of myself, having a big ego, don't practice retention or celibacy, use heavy metal as background in meditation, love and hug my students, eat at their table and stay in their homes, play with their kids, laugh and tell dirty jokes and like to get buffalo wings at a biker bar after hiking in the mountains or a difficult day at work, that's part of my spiritual practice.

Don't look to me as a spiritual role model for I will disappoint you. Don't put me on the rack of your expectations and then proceed to torture me when I don't fulfill your expectations. Why would anyone want to be a prisoner willingly of some anonymous forum poster's expectations of what a teacher should be? Letting who I am be controlled by a faceless someone on the internet? How unwise and insecure I would be. Too bad I am not spiritual enough to meet your definitions and should not be posting on Taobums. ;)

I am just a practicing human being who F***s up occasionally.

If you don't like what I write DONT READ WHAT I WRITE!!! If you don't like me and how I teach people and live my life don't read this thread. Don't read anything that I write because it just makes you mad and cranky and insulting and you waste time googling me on the internet so you can broadcast to prove how wrong I am and what a very bad person I am.

I could be teaching and sharing with people who appreciate it. For FREE! I have a several year association with Johnson's school, his students and his programs but because I am not meeting your expectations then I have nothing worthwhile to share.

jeez...you who are without sin, cast the first stone. people hate in others what they hate in their selves. You really need to get over this attachment that a spiritual person acts in the way you think they should act.

I almost forgot-

Thank you Ya Mu and ShaktiMama for your informative replies, and thanks to all who have given their input on Master Jerry Alan Johnson.

You are welcome. My pleasure. :)

Jerry's books are written for those who have no TCM background or daoist background. That was me!

I am still a learner, a white belt in all this.

We can talk about what interests you most and then design some reading for you. I still have my syllabus from the class and I can share that with you if you like.

I did mean to add also that Healing Touch would probably be a more modern version of Therapeutic Tocuh. It was also started by a nurse and is taught in hospitals to physicians, docs, etc and the general public. It also has a lot of research to back it up. TT can be a bit esoteric but it is good to know.

Guest sykkelpump

you are one of the loudest here,bragging about your skills.wasnt it also you who actually was stupid enough to say you could cure cancer with eletriciti recently.only amatures are stupid enough to say things like that.

my energy skills might suprise you,but I do not go around bragging about it.I really think it is a sad thing that people dont see your true mission here.

and my last post,which I gave you an offer you wouldnt accept,because if you accepted you would make a fool of yourself and your business here would be harmed seriously

And if you dont like what I write dont read it.

you are one of the loudest here,bragging about your skills.wasnt it also you who actually was stupid enough to say you could cure cancer with eletriciti recently.only amatures are stupid enough to say things like that.

my energy skills might suprise you,but I do not go around bragging about it.I really think it is a sad thing that people dont see your true mission here.

and my last post,which I gave you an offer you wouldnt accept,because if you accepted you would make a fool of yourself and your business here would be harmed seriously

And if you dont like what I write dont read it.

i don't cure cancer with electricity...i did not say that. please be accurate in your quotes.

please brag about it. i won't be offended if you told me you bowled a 300 score. why would i be offended when you share your skill level with energy?

you have not much internal energy that I can see so please prove me wrong and make me a fool for saying what I see.

please.

it would be much easier for you to sense if you came to a global shaktipat event. the fact that you issue this kind of challenge shows me that you have little understanding of how energy works and you are just trying to bluff your way through.

Brother, I give up one her! She has nothing else to do but write here and she has admitted to that. What else you have left to say here? :D

When I said I made 110k right out of college, she assumed I made that as a nurse. Hell with nursing, if she finds it holy and noble good for her. I never said I was a bloody nurse lol See, that's the problem with her. She wants to preach and talk and talk and assumes she is here to do a favor. No matter what you say, she is not going to listen. I bet she is a lonely person with no real family and has to find solace with superficial living, that she calls "loving students, healed patients, santi" blah blah. Its best we don't stoop to her level and do what she does, all the time - judge and brag. I am going to let go and this will be my last post. Also, she is always on online forums, when the hell is she curing the 3000 people she is apparently curing LMAO? Its simple knowledge that those who talk, just do that :D

I suggest you don't waste your time on her. Folks like Cat like to hear and feel rosy and good and don't like the sound of folks like me and you. Let them hear what they like! :D

And all those dozen bums sending PMs agreeing with how pissed you are with Shaktimama's nauseating brag-job, speak up here. No use sending PMs. If you have an opinion and think its fair, state it here. What is the worst that can happen? Shaktimama will send psychic kundalini energy to a moderator and get you banned? lol

i never assumed you were a nurse. how could you be at that salary? I have never seen a nurse make that money right out of school unless they have an MBA in hand. You both really need to read my posts more carefully instead of quickly scanning for ammo to shoot me with since you construe more out of my posts than I actually write.

its obviously personal with you guys since i don't fit into any way possible that you might define how I should act or be. I am not here to conform to your standards.

don't insult cat or any other bums because they want to hear what I say. there is such a hostile environment on this board for posting because if one doesn't met approved standards of behavior they are insulted or ridiculed on a personal level. how does that promote inquiry into anything?

i will never understand why people think ridiculing others is a way to promote community and further understanding and knowledge. or why the herd/crowd mentality is roused up so people can attack others en masse to prove their point?

jeez...so you guys think I brag and have an ego problem....uh....hmmm....well....uh...good for you.... so "let's kill the bitch and get her banned"??? ( i am exaggerating here but this is all like a bad movie plot about high school rivalries,) and "yeah and let's attack all the people who want to hear what she says." yeah...that's a good idea...a really good idea...

post don't post... *shrug*

happy trails to you...s

Guest sykkelpump

i don't cure cancer with electricity...i did not say that. please be accurate in your quotes.

please brag about it. i won't be offended if you told me you bowled a 300 score. why would i be offended when you share your skill level with energy?

you have not much internal energy that I can see so please prove me wrong and make me a fool for saying what I see.

please.

it would be much easier for you to sense if you came to a global shaktipat event. the fact that you issue this kind of challenge shows me that you have little understanding of how energy works and you are just trying to bluff your way through.

You dont see anything.If you say I have little internal energy there is clearly something wrong with your vision.But I already know that,just wanted others also to know it.

Your are just trying desperatly to convince people here,so your business concept wont get hurt.You will say anything for that ,wont you?

You was the one that said you could do this long distance shaktipat(leaving us stunned in hangover),so please prove it.

You could do it with little effort remember.

So dont change the subject and ask me to prove things for you.I easily see your fake bullshit here,I hope others see it to.Thats the reason I am posting this.

Edited by sykkelpump