Sloppy Zhang

Psychic Powers

ksc0052l.jpg

Disregarding the external circumstances in the cartoon, can you see the expression on that dude's face? Why don't you try out KAP for yourself and stick to the program for a year or two- perhaps you will understand why he has that expression and is so optimistic about selling his coconuts.

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this. It seems that psychic powers, the attainment of power, and perhaps more importantly, the usage of that power seems to be a very taboo topic in the realm of spiritual cultivation.

Taboo?? I don't get that perception at all. In Buddhism psychic powers are explicitly listed as one of the fruits of the contemplative lifestyle, right in the suttas. Plus Buddha has taught the 4 foci of power sutta, which is a sutta whose sole goal is to teach you a way to develop psychic powers.

That's just Buddhism though. This was one of the thing, in fact, that attracted me to Buddhism. I wasn't attracted to Buddhism because it would liberate me from suffering. My goal was to make my life more magical, and from what I read, Buddha was the best magician. That's why I spend so much time studying Buddhism. I had very little desire to stop suffering and a lot of desire to become more creative in life.

It can inflate the ego, keep you attached to impermanent things, and keep you from being in "the flow".

I don't know how many other people here are like this, but pretty much the sole reason I wound up studying meditation, and continue to do so, is to attain various psychic powers and other siddhis. I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, and I don't see anything wrong with the pursuit of them. They are what they are. Will they help you get liberation? Probably not. Are they easy to abuse? Probably. But to that extent, they are no different from pretty much any other thing out there.

However, I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky! Various people make various claims about the ability of themselves or others, but verifying those claims is tricky at best.

Why even bother to verify them? Assume they are fake and move on. When someone "out there" has some siddhis, that doesn't help you. In fact, someone having a siddhi is not even a guarantee they can explain to you how you can attain it too. Or if they do explain it, they might not explain the best manner of attaining it, and may saddle their explanation with all kinds of unnecessary trials and tribulations and so forth.

Ignore other people. Let other people float in the periphery. Of course talking to others can be nice sometimes and so on. But don't obsess on seeking magic externally through other people.

I am not so concerned with verifying whether or not an individual has them- I believe them to exist, I believe them to be attainable, all I seek is a method that will work.

Well I have a method that works and I describe it all the time. No one cares. No one wants to pay the price.

Plenty of people out there make allusions to things, saying stuff like, "some people may experience such-and-such phenomena", but that to me sounds like a cheap advertising tactic- you bring up the subject, but as soon as someone asks about it you brush it under the rug, "oh well I can't say for certain", or, "well that doesn't happen in all cases, I can't make guarantees". Let's try and keep that stuff out of this thread :)

Sure, liberation from this endless cycle of rebirth sounds good, the eternal bliss of unity with the divine sounds good as well.... but first things first! Baby steps, you know?

What do you guys know, and are willing to share, about psychic powers and the acquirement of them? Anybody you know that you have seen, or perhaps even heard about, that can demonstrate these abilities? Or even better, anybody have any good methods for attaining them and are willing to share their insights or experiences?

Acquiring power is easy. The short advice is just "know thyself." The longer version is something like this:

Understand where the limitations come from. For example, where does gravity come from? If you believe its source is external to you, game over. You cannot control externals. If it's internal, you're still in the game. OK, so if gravity is internal, how is it that you don't feel yourself causing it? Ah, now you're getting somewhere. This process is what contemplation is. Just continue investigating like this until you understand the nature of limitations very profoundly. Be ready to maybe spend multiple lifetimes on this.

Second, once you understand the nature of limitations, you will come face to face with the price of magical power. You'll understand what it costs. What you will lose when you begin to use it. If you're not willing to accept that loss, then guess what? That's the end of the road, at least until you change your mind. If you can accept the loss, you can keep going.

Certain sounds and their connotations attract different types of beings and there is spiritual science to this area. Usage of the F word tends to attract demonic powers. Btw, hot shots are apparently to bold to care about this, which to them must be a silly point...

Om

You live in a very fearful place, dear one. You attract what you focus on. Your energy feeds your fears if that is what you focus on and makes them larger and more unmanageable.

Relax and breathe in the Divine. You will be protected against the many thing you warn about when you focus on the Divine.

I have done my fair share of successful exorcisms over the years as I am sure Santi has too. Heck, we worked on one together this past weekend in a roomful of observers. Wasn't planning on it but how do you plan for things like that? :o

You are preaching to the choir about spiritual sciences, sounds, mantras, prayers, rituals etc. KAP teaches those things more extensively on the upper levels. We even have a kick ass Psychic Self Defense (PSD). Santi and I have been trained for years by Masters/shamans and they are a bit of a rough crowd themselves. Just ask your self...who do you want in your corner? Someone who occasionally swears, tells it like it is, and kicks demon ass or someone who talks politely and lives afraid of the Universe they live in.

Demons are incredibly nasty but they respect the strength and power of the Divine unlike a lot of humans. It's not just the words/sounds that attract demonic powers, it is sickness in the soul and the body.

This is a huge subject but don't worry. Santi and I are not here to lead people into hell and the clutches of demons although sometimes I wonder if people think that by the way they talk about us.

It's funny. People trash us on this forum. Then when they run into some problems like with their health, or their spiritual development, or need an exorcism or a house clearing so who do you think they ask to help them? :lol:

May your life be filled with peace and understanding.

Edited by ShaktiMama

"Taboo?? I don't get that perception at all. In Buddhism psychic powers are explicitly listed as one of the fruits of the contemplative lifestyle, right in the suttas. Plus Buddha has taught the 4 foci of power sutta, which is a sutta whose sole goal is to teach you a way to develop psychic powers."

Excellent point. We have the structures within us that are already there for power development. Why ignore that? If you do right practice you are going to get these whether you are looking for them or not. Right practice will also develop right mind and one will probably not be seduced by the powers they are developing.

Why not develop yourself to your full potential in all areas? If you don't, you live in fear and are more easily manipulated by those in power. God forbid we all develop spiritual powers and we no longer need priests, preachers, and the such to tell us what to do and be dependent on them to protect us.

Psychic powers are spiritual powers. They are only as good as the vessel in which they are contained.

I just love these statements. Truer words were never spoken. Thank You for posting this.

Demons are incredibly nasty but they respect the strength and power of the Divine unlike a lot of humans. It's not just the words/sounds that attract demonic powers, it is sickness in the soul and the body.

Right practice will also develop right mind

(and body! ^^)

Why not develop yourself to your full potential in all areas? If you don't, you live in fear and are more easily manipulated by those in power. God forbid we all develop spiritual powers and we no longer need priests, preachers, and the such to tell us what to do and be dependent on them to protect us.

Thanks again for reminding us that we are ultimately the ones who are responsible for our own ascension. There are many who will help us, as well as many who will try to stop us. Good Luck Everyone!!

You live in a very fearful place, dear one. You attract what you focus on. Your energy feeds your fears if that is what you focus on and makes them larger and more unmanageable.

Relax and breathe in the Divine. You will be protected against the many thing you warn about when you focus on the Divine.

I know about the, "what you fear shall come upon you" teachings and fact. And I see that you to can take great liberties with meanings...including mine.

Yes, "focus on the divine" or "first things first" and we will be protected. Some here apparently give lip service to that idea and then turn around and focus on gaining powers for their ego.

(which can be a big lesson with a big price, but even that doesn't last forever thank God)

Btw, the idea of someone ending up being a major badie is one thing, part of my reason for warnings for anyone interested is about a wanna-be falling under their devices which can happen without a "focus on the Divine" such as you've said, and which is also a well known teaching and fact.

Om

post-51155-12645070666_thumb.jpg

Jai Sat Guru

Edited by 3bob

Certain sounds and their connotations attract different types of beings and there is spiritual science to this area. Usage of the F word tends to attract demonic powers. Btw, hot shots are apparently to bold to care about this, which to them must be a silly point...

Om

The Sun Shines on all.

I get this feeling that desiring psychic powers may actually impede one's cultivation efforts, just like any other desire or clinging to phenomena will.

Cultivation will earn you some psychic visions in my experience, but it wont necessarily be what you want or think you want.

Transcending "illusions" (what is often mistaken for reality) gives you power over them.

Happy transcendence..

I get this feeling that desiring psychic powers may actually impede one's cultivation efforts, just like any other desire or clinging to phenomena will.

Cultivation will earn you some psychic visions in my experience, but it wont necessarily be what you want or think you want.

Transcending "illusions" (what is often mistaken for reality) gives you power over them.

Happy transcendence..

While my long term goals are cultivation and stuff, in the short term my goal is attaining psychic abilities...

So, I mean, if my priority is to get psychic abilities, then shouldn't my practices lead to my goal?

I have a fairly clear image of "what I think I want", and, you know, the best teacher is experience, so if anyone wants me to find out how psychic abilities are not the answer, please, by all means, give me the method to get them ^_^

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

The 'fuck' part sounds good to me, is this in KAP 1 :D . But seriously, 'to ejaculate or not to ejaculate, that is the question'(I think shakespeare said that). I really wanna know, I'm highly confused about this whole retention thing.... personally I would go along the lines of 'sometimes, what the hell, it's Christmas after all!'.

To retain or not to retain?

Thanks in advance

My instructor taught me that sperm is highly concentrated in prana / energy.

So if you want to build energy up in the body or activate an enery centre you will retain.

sabretooth.

Greetings..

I'm curious, is there any scientific verification of the 'psychic powers' being discussed here? As far as i know, the only verifiable condition that might qualify is 'remote viewing', if there are others i am interested in the verification studies.. i am keenely interested in this subject, but.. authenticity is a rare commodity for this subject..

Be well..

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this. It seems that psychic powers, the attainment of power, and perhaps more importantly, the usage of that power seems to be a very taboo topic in the realm of spiritual cultivation. It can inflate the ego, keep you attached to impermanent things, and keep you from being in "the flow".

I don't know how many other people here are like this, but pretty much the sole reason I wound up studying meditation, and continue to do so, is to attain various psychic powers and other siddhis. I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, and I don't see anything wrong with the pursuit of them. They are what they are. Will they help you get liberation? Probably not. Are they easy to abuse? Probably. But to that extent, they are no different from pretty much any other thing out there.

However, I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky! Various people make various claims about the ability of themselves or others, but verifying those claims is tricky at best. I am not so concerned with verifying whether or not an individual has them- I believe them to exist, I believe them to be attainable, all I seek is a method that will work. Plenty of people out there make allusions to things, saying stuff like, "some people may experience such-and-such phenomena", but that to me sounds like a cheap advertising tactic- you bring up the subject, but as soon as someone asks about it you brush it under the rug, "oh well I can't say for certain", or, "well that doesn't happen in all cases, I can't make guarantees". Let's try and keep that stuff out of this thread :)

Sure, liberation from this endless cycle of rebirth sounds good, the eternal bliss of unity with the divine sounds good as well.... but first things first! Baby steps, you know?

What do you guys know, and are willing to share, about psychic powers and the acquirement of them? Anybody you know that you have seen, or perhaps even heard about, that can demonstrate these abilities? Or even better, anybody have any good methods for attaining them and are willing to share their insights or experiences?

Hello sloppy zang,

if you want to develope psychic power's meditate on the chakra's.

By doing that you are sending energy to them which in time will activate them.

Manipura chakra will give clairvoyance and telepathy,anahat will give you the ability to project energy,telekinesis,so you will be able to heal people or hurt them.

Ajna chakra will give you telepathy.

If you look up Dr. Hiroshi Motoyama and read his book's,you will learn a lot.

What I have read so far is the same as what my own instructor tauht me.

Motoyama is a Shinto priest and also a scientist,he has a phd in philosophy and psychophyisiology.

He has also developed instrument's to detect prana.

The key to developing psychic power is perseverance,keep meditating until you activate them.

sabretooth.

Greetings..

I'm curious, is there any scientific verification of the 'psychic powers' being discussed here? As far as i know, the only verifiable condition that might qualify is 'remote viewing', if there are others i am interested in the verification studies.. i am keenely interested in this subject, but.. authenticity is a rare commodity for this subject..

Be well..

I'm not too concerned with their verification- I believe them to exist, and I have had some experiences of my own that are enough convincing for me. I just don't know 1) what caused them and 2) how to use them perfectly on demand

The problem with scientific verification is getting people to admit they have them, and then having them prove it in a controlled environment. A lot of people can do one, but not the other.

Of course, the big issue is that the people being tested have to actually be able to do it. If you want to see how far away someone can make a basketball shot, you have to get people who can actually shoot a basketball. A lot of people go around saying stuff like, "well if it's possible than even if someone didn't believe it they should still be able to do it". Well, honestly that doesn't work, because if that were the case then making long distance basketball shots would be impossible :lol: but there are people who can do it, ways of training it, and those are well known.

Not so much known with the psychic stuff.

This website seems to have links to a few places, if you don't mind checking them out: http://vsociety.net/

The Sun Shines on all.

...and it is well that those who would steal and devour the sun can not reach it nor the sacred soul of the earth - for She to is helped by her children grown bright and true beyond even the sun.

Om

Hmm...I was going to share some recent experiences with KAP and reverse telepathy, but got a metaphorical slap on the wrist and was told to "behave". Perhaps one of my inner guides is gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) :) Anyways, Motoyama has very gentle yet intense energy. His translators don't always grasp what he is saying though (in the proper context). That's only if you see him in person. His books are good though, and being in his energy field is pleasant.

Oh, Sloppy Zhang,

Clean your childhood house. For you, that would be very beneficial (IMO). Have a great day everyone. B)

Greetings..

Not so much known with the psychic stuff.

That's my point.. not much is 'known', but there are vast amounts of stories and claims that run all through history.. doesn't it seem that there would be some people willing to 'prove' to humanity that there are forces available that could greatly aid the human condition? Science is willing, even eager, to explore metaphysical phenomena, but.. the record is dismal. Clarity in the pursuit of one's gaols is essential.

Be well...

While my long term goals are cultivation and stuff, in the short term my goal is attaining psychic abilities...

So, I mean, if my priority is to get psychic abilities, then shouldn't my practices lead to my goal?

I have a fairly clear image of "what I think I want", and, you know, the best teacher is experience, so if anyone wants me to find out how psychic abilities are not the answer, please, by all means, give me the method to get them ^_^

in my opinion, the problem is this, that a goal oriented attitude in cultivation can actually hurt your efforts. this is because the desire for powers will taint your practice. You have to be sincere if you want to achieve some high levels of attainment.

You may achieve something, and be impressed by it, but it will probably end up deluding you and you wont understand why certain things are "happening to you"

Take a look at Aleister Crowley's life for a good example of what not to do.

As far as getting the powers, you have to work really hard to attain those levels. If you cant find your way there, if you are not really seeing the way, then nothing anybody says to you is likely to help you.

anybody who trains like hell for years on end with a good method can manifest something of your goals. Anybody who cultivates with sincerity and tenacity for a long time, disregarding lust for powers, will be able manifest far more abilities, if they so choose.

Edited by erdweir

So far as scientific evidence for telepathy goes, the Ganzfeld studies had some interesting results.

Edited by Enishi

6 out of 25! Yeah!

(I was writing an essay while doing the quiz too!)

:blink: I took it and just pushed the same symbol all the time and I got 6/25. :lol:

I know I am not good at predicting the future so I didn't take it.

You have to be sincere if you want to achieve some high levels of attainment.

I am very sincere, about psychic powers :)

You may achieve something, and be impressed by it, but it will probably end up deluding you and you wont understand why certain things are "happening to you"

Again, I am quite clear on what these things are and what they are not. I am not looking for a free fix for my emotional life.

Take a look at Aleister Crowley's life for a good example of what not to do.

Actually I look at him in a different perspective: he actually walked the walk.

Yeah, he did some stuff I wouldn't have done. Scratch that, he did a LOT of things I wouldn't have done. But you know, he said he was going to do something and we he out and did it, and he didn't take no for an answer.

As far as getting the powers, you have to work really hard to attain those levels.

Uh huh....

If you cant find your way there, if you are not really seeing the way, then nothing anybody says to you is likely to help you.

So are you saying I have to figure this out for myself?

anybody who trains like hell for years on end with a good method can manifest something of your goals. Anybody who cultivates with sincerity and tenacity for a long time, disregarding lust for powers, will be able manifest far more abilities, if they so choose.

Okie dokie.

:blink: I took it and just pushed the same symbol all the time and I got 6/25. :lol:

That's why I made this thread :P

Zhang, Am I saying you have to figure it our by yourself?

not necessarily. enlightened help is good, seeing it is better

What I am saying is that if you cant find what you are looking for, it may right there and you cant see it. That's been the case with me numerous times. When I do find things, it is often not what i think I am looking for, but it is what i need. I guess what i am saying is that recognizing the way is harder than finding it, if that makes any sense. It's often so simple as to escape notice, and yet takes such dedication to develop that few succeed. So maybe practice is even harder than recognition.

As far as the powers go, this is that way i look at it. If you want to have psychic powers, you can get them by transcending your ordinary discriminating consciousness. By that i mean the consciousness of things as separate objects with boundaries and differences. But in order to do that you have to let go of your worldly attachments. That's part of transcending the ordinary material consciousness. So lets say you do that. what then is the point of manipulating reality when you do not identify with it?

Edited by erdweir

Zhang, Am I saying you have to figure it our by yourself?

not necessarily. enlightened help is good, seeing it is better

What I am saying is that if you cant find what you are looking for, it may right there and you cant see it. That's been the case with me numerous times. When I do find things, it is often not what i think I am looking for, but it is what i need. I guess what i am saying is that recognizing the way is harder than finding it, if that makes any sense. It's often so simple as to escape notice, and yet takes such dedication to develop that few succeed. So maybe practice is even harder than recognition.

Hm, good points! :)

As far as the powers go, this is that way i look at it. If you want to have psychic powers, you can get them by transcending your ordinary discriminating consciousness. By that i mean the consciousness of things as separate objects with boundaries and differences. But in order to do that you have to let go of your worldly attachments. That's part of transcending the ordinary material consciousness. So lets say you do that. what then is the point of manipulating reality when you do not identify with it?

All I know is you hear all about various cultivators going rogue and getting caught up in psychic powers. Obviously they still feel some reason to manipulate something they don't identify with- or maybe this still do identify with it, and psychic abilities have nothing to do with transcendence, and it is something altogether.