Sloppy Zhang

Psychic Powers

Again, I didn't start this thread to find enlightenment, I started this thread as a means of finding a method to get psychic powers.

To make stuff happen. To do stuff. Stuff that may or may not liberate you from attachment, or may or may not tempt you to do stuff.

Sometimes it's like someone makes a thread asking, "how can I learn to fight to defend myself?" and everyone responding, "fighting is not the answer, learn to leave peacefully." Well if the guy is in a situation in which physical force is necessary.... that's not the proper answer :lol:

Think of it as a reverse koan, except this time it's the teacher that must supply the necessary response ;)

"Again, I didn't start this thread to find enlightenment". S.Z.

Since when are beggars choosy? :lol::ph34r:

You have gotten tons of feedback (pros and cons) but if you only want it to go your way, strictly on your subject then I'm sure several of us will leave you in the privacy of your own thread.

Bob

You have gotten tons of feedback (pros and cons)

Yes and I appreciate all the feedback.

but if you only want it to go your way, strictly on your subject then I'm sure several of us will leave you in the privacy of your own thread.

Bob

No offense but there are plenty of other threads on here about enlightenment, virtue, how to be healthy, etc etc etc.

Since the topic of psychic powers doesn't really seem to be discussed much, and when it is people just go on and on about how it distracts from the "true goals", I'd really appreciate it if we can keep it to, you know.... stuff helpful to "psychic abilities".

But certain people in this thread seem to go out of their way to make comments about stuff "real enlightened masters" teach, which carries with it obvious implications.... ;) implications that have been heard before, understood, and duly noted.

Ok, sounds like you are saying faith and caution at the same time, which is not cynical but also doesn't end up (as an example) in a commune in Oregon like some did in the 80's with the wool pulled over their eyes. (because of that cult-ture)

Btw, do you study the Upanishads?

Om

Good thing I don't have a lot of patients today. I cover three hospitals as a patient advocate. So I can just open up the laptop and connect to the hospital wifi when I am waiting for the next crisis.

I am really not saying anything. I am just saying what I have discovered for myself and what works for myself. Out of that discovery the spiritual (psychic) powers did arise spontaneously in a relatively short time.

No, I don't study the Upanishads. Not saying that I wouldn't it's just that I haven't. A lot of what I share comes from an experiential encounters and intuitive "downloads". These things are later verified by outside references.

I am an ecstatic mystic so much of what I know and speak of is from direct personal experience and is at odds with the established party lines of established revered dogma whether that be doaism, christianity, hinduism...whatever the flavor du jour is.

But I wouldn't change my direct experience for all the book learning and formal study in the world. I am in love with the Divine, happy, at peace because of it. My life is blessed :wub:

doaism, christianity, hinduism...whatever the flavor du jour is.

First time I've heard Taoism described as the "flavor du jour" - tasteless, dull, uninteresting, colorless soup of the day.

This nature's way is much deeper and more comprehensive then you apparently know. I wish you would leave Taoism out of your pitches.

Edited by Tao99

First time I've heard Taoism described as the "flavor du jour" - tasteless, dull, uninteresting, colorless soup of the day. Quite the back-handed put down.

This nature's way is much deeper and more comprehensive then you apparently know. I wish you would leave Taoism out of your pitches.

There are many "dead" forms of taoism, just like there are many "dead" forms of any other religion.

Taoism isn't special.

Its hardly 'the dull soup of the day'. That's clearly just an overblown smear.

Edited by Tao99

It's not like I just started my search with Taoism. And it's not like I haven't been learning morals my whole life.

Some of us aren't blessed with these master guru senseis that monitor our progress and carefully observe us as they instill the proper morals into us before they teach us stuff.

Some of us go through life learning as we go, learning from where we can learn. Unfortunately it seems that as soon as you ask a question that you don't have access to, it's suddenly like everything you've ever done goes out the window.

It's like as soon as someone asks, "how do you get psychic powers?" people are like, "well obviously this person needs to build a moral foundation." It's like... whoa, wow, thanks for the vote of confidence. Just because I'm interested in power doesn't mean I'm a bad person, it doesn't mean I don't have dozens of life experiences that have taught me to know better.

Now obviously not everyone who asks about this stuff or starts searching for this stuff does so for a morally good purpose, or is a morally good person. But it is kind of annoying to be lumped into that category :lol: and that goes the same for everyone else who is in my boat.... it SUCKS (yes I just used judgment!!!)

I don't teach people how to get psychic, well actually, spiritual powers. It's a byproduct of specific practice and part of my job is to teach people how to deal with and refine these powers as they arise.

If you want a cook book or a recipe there are plenty on the internet that will claim to teach you but there is always some kind of psychic payout (peace of mind for example) or blood price required and of course, money depending on the system you choose. These systems I find make the serious practitioner eventually develop into a black, sucking hole of vampiric need if you want to play on any serious level.

If you want to tap into the siddhis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi, in my world there is a price to pay. It can be done quickly so you have a base/foundation to continue your own studies. The price to pay is increasing your spiritual development ( and having all your karma come up into face immediately as a side effect) and surrender to the wisdom of Divine Source is involved. You can't lay a piece of gold on the table and say "one precognitive ability to go, please." You can if you want but it will be hard to find takers.

You can develop that on your own. The long path is "Love Self, Honor Self". The short path is to hire a teacher.

Maybe you will be able to create something different for yourself but here I just speak from my own experiences.

But you know, as I start to speak from personal experience and what I know first hand, people will start accusing me of so many nefarious inclinations. So this will be all I am going to say because I feel the predators circling.

But you know, as I start to speak from personal experience and what I know first hand, people will start accusing me of so many nefarious inclinations. So this will be all I am going to say because I feel the predators circling.

It would be nice if more people would actually speak from their experiences, rather than repeating stuff they have heard in some texts somewhere.

I appreciate your honesty :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

established party lines of established revered dogma whether that be doaism, christianity, hinduism...whatever the flavor du jour is

Now don't get all excited, folks, that's "doaism" she's talking about, not Daoism. And I have to agree, there's much too much presciptive dogmatism in Doaism, all that "do-a" this and "do-a" that.

On the other hand, if you reject all traditions or standards or benchmarks or whatever and just make things up as you go along, there does seem to be a danger that what you "do-a" will turn out to be selfishness, hedonism, a scam, or something else equally valueless.

the stuff in the texts is the gold, the subjective experiences are the frivolous. -_- yea but really j/k, or not ... but probably ... or maybe ...!

Edited by Tao99

For the people who are naive in thinking there are no secrets and that the valuable knowledge is not being kept secret need to check their reality. For example, Buddhist leaders openly state they do not share much and keep it secreted. Some of the Buddhist texts openly refer to information that is kept secret. Daoism, well its chock with secrecy. Catholic church and its Vatican and Vatican library contains many locked away secrets. Some of the compartments of the military even have access to this knowledge and have kept it secret, do your research.

This reality is not intended to invalidate us, we just need to view everything honestly and will it to truly open.

It's true that we all have the potential to completely awaken, but unfortunately just being a nice man or nice lady is not enough to affect absolute change of the path of ourselves/world direction (remember we need compassion but we also need absolute wisdom). Again i prove to you by viewing the condition we are/and world, you think psychology has helped up to now these millinia ?

Buddhist objective is we need to become omniscient mind (or at least make some progress towards it) to cause some real change, just imagine if we all unlocked the omniscience!? And it is our god given right(so to speak) whether we be white or asian etc.

Unless you are a master of the subtle energy channels, you will not progress much in transforming. Then you need to find a teacher who can let you know when signs arrive, and must move onto furthur steps, otherwise you will never know when to stop a method. And unfortunately, working with subtle energy requires work. It means gritting and bearing for years the pain of sitting/ standing in the special positions that coax the energies to figuratively melt open chakra points. No one likes to hear it, but its true, check out Ram Bomjan (Buddha Boy) for example.

I know this is an internet forum, but please people don't beat around the bush with psychic power thread

Last post

SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE

TF