Sloppy Zhang

Psychic Powers

If it's the immediate next one, it's pregoc officially -- when the Zener cards were tested at Stanford U (for a few decades, with a huge database of results and the stellar psychics promptly hired by government agencies to remote-spy -- I've read a book by one of them), anyway as I was saying, this was happening a lot and was registered as legit precog. In my case, the reason I can't tell the immediate one from the immediate next one half the time is that I see them both but can't tell which one comes first -- they oscillate or overlap. This is the main pragmatic problem with psychic spying, by the way -- it's easy to see an image but really hard to place it in time correctly. Where these things take place time is loopy...

I was wondering if it was just a boy thing. Clearly not! :)

I can't do this at all. I can only listen when people send or send to people.

Everything Shakti Mama said is spot on.

Shakti Mama, I am kicking myself that you and Santi were just in London and I dodnt know and didnt get to come and play. BOOOO to my ( non) psychic powers for not telling me.:wacko:

we will be there again soon.

as for psy powers frankly it doesnt matter. One just needs to do their training and breath and meditate and become closer to people & closer to Earth & Closer to "source".

The powers come on their own . And then when you get power you simply offer it back to source.

santi

as for psy powers frankly it doesnt matter. One just needs to do their training and breath and meditate and become closer to people & closer to Earth & Closer to "source".

The powers come on their own . And then when you get power you simply offer it back to source.

santi

Very well said Santi.

To anyone reading this, let's play a game: lets go through this thread and read all the posts that purport to give some sort of 'advice' and play 'Spot The Ego' .

An interesting and convoluted game, one variation of it can be called "pin the tail on the donkey" and one is blindfolded when they you do it, thus no telling where the tail will end up.

The 'fuck' part sounds good to me, is this in KAP 1 :D . But seriously, 'to ejaculate or not to ejaculate, that is the question'(I think shakespeare said that). I really wanna know, I'm highly confused about this whole retention thing.... personally I would go along the lines of 'sometimes, what the hell, it's Christmas after all!'.

To retain or not to retain?

Thanks in advance

Follow Nature.

Retention is ok to an extent but do not "Horde".

Flow is also important.

If you can't see the brick wall you've already crashed into then even though you've survived you may in the long term die of starvation from refusing to get out of the wreck. Paul.

No offense meant but....

I see where you "think" I have a wall, but there really is none.

You aren't quite aware of my situation, and this is why I was so hesitant to post this topic- most people see the quest for power as something "juvenile" and something that someone looks for who doesn't even know what it is they are looking for or why they are looking for it, nor do they understand the consequences of what happens when they get it.

I understand all of that, I've been at it for a while and I've spent a lot of time on the whole, "love and act selflessly and give back to the source" and all that jazz and.... yeah, nothing's happened.

For all the physical stuff- I've studied martial arts for a long time, been in school for a long time (still in school), have a good handle on that as well as have a good paying job. The mundane isn't the problem. Again, I'm not looking for this stuff to solve a mundane problem, I'm not looking for an emotional crutch.

I assure you all, whatever reasons you think I have for looking for psychic abilities are not correct, at least, not in their entirety :) I have a lot more perspective on this whole thing than I had since I started, I've learned a lot about a lot of other things, but not a lot about what it is I set out to learn about. It's not like I'll forget about all the other stuff I've learned as soon as I get what I want :lol:

And to zhoupeng: don't worry about hypocrisy or a "talking down tone", I pretty much expected all of those responses and am glad that there are so many posts in this thread that AREN'T like that. I'd like to thank everyone that has added a constructive post that actually helps with regards to my search, and I'd also like to thank everyone who has added what they think I should know or what they think I don't know- you have helped prove that my precognitive powers are improving, mwahahahaha :P or maybe that I already know your "truth" but it ain't working for me :blink:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

No offense meant but....

I see where you "think" I have a wall, but there really is none.

You aren't quite aware of my situation, and this is why I was so hesitant to post this topic- most people see the quest for power as something "juvenile" and something that someone looks for who doesn't even know what it is they are looking for or why they are looking for it, nor do they understand the consequences of what happens when they get it.

I understand all of that, I've been at it for a while and I've spent a lot of time on the whole, "love and act selflessly and give back to the source" and all that jazz and.... yeah, nothing's happened.

For all the physical stuff- I've studied martial arts for a long time, been in school for a long time (still in school), have a good handle on that as well as have a good paying job. The mundane isn't the problem. Again, I'm not looking for this stuff to solve a mundane problem, I'm not looking for an emotional crutch.

I assure you all, whatever reasons you think I have for looking for psychic abilities are not correct, at least, not in their entirety :) I have a lot more perspective on this whole thing than I had since I started, I've learned a lot about a lot of other things, but not a lot about what it is I set out to learn about. It's not like I'll forget about all the other stuff I've learned as soon as I get what I want :lol:

And to zhoupeng: don't worry about hypocrisy or a "talking down tone", I pretty much expected all of those responses and am glad that there are so many posts in this thread that AREN'T like that. I'd like to thank everyone that has added a constructive post that actually helps with regards to my search, and I'd also like to thank everyone who has added what they think I should know or what they think I don't know- you have helped prove that my precognitive powers are improving, mwahahahaha :P or maybe that I already know your "truth" but it ain't working for me :blink:

"The mundane isn't the problem..." S.Z.

Actually the problem is that there is no "mundane".

There is no problem. Only thinking there is...

Post #70 is spot on, MR. 3Bob. Thank-you for that.

There is no problem. Only thinking there is...

Post #70 is spot on, MR. 3Bob. Thank-you for that.

Thank U2 Kameel :)

"The mundane isn't the problem..." S.Z.

Actually the problem is that there is no "mundane".

Hello there!

Found this article which might interest the OP:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/anna_jones1/experiences.html

perhaps you could consider taking leave of three y3ars to explore the Himalayan regions... a small price to pay considering how fervently you desire 'Powers'?

Wishing you the very best, and may your siddhis be granted.

Ah, sounds fun, but contrary to what 3bob says, there IS a mundane! :lol:

Or perhaps as goldisheavy might say, my mundane world has too much inertia and I don't have the mental strength to overcome it to make the trip!

Thanks for the good wishes though :)

3bob: what did you mean by "there is no mundane"?

Follow Nature.

Retention is ok to an extent but do not "Horde".

Flow is also important.

Hello Santi,

When you said flow is important it brought to mind for me a quote from Allan Watts which is not exactly in context to this string but I added some blue colored inserts to the quote below that I feel speak of an important or related tangent to this string:

"...Consider life as a revolving wheel set upright with man walking on its tire. As he walks, the wheel is revolving toward him beneath his feet, and if he is not to be carried backward by it and flung to the ground he must walk at the same speed as the wheel turns. If he exceeds that speed, he will topple foward and slip off the wheel onto his face. For at every moment we stand, as it were, on the top of a wheel; immediately we try to cling to that moment, (or to the power) to that particualr point of the wheel, it is no longer at the top and we are off balance. Thus by not trying to seize the moment, (or the power) we keep it, for the second we fail to walk on we cease to remain still. Yet within this there is still a deeper truth. From the standpoint of eternity we never can and never do leave the top of the wheel, for if a circle is set in infinite space it has neither top nor bottom. Wherever you stand is the top, and it revolves only because you are pushing it round with your own feet." by Alan Watts

Hello Santi,

When you said flow is important it brought to mind for me a quote from Allan Watts which is not exactly in context to this string but I added some blue colored inserts to the quote below that I feel speak of an important or related tangent to this string:

"...Consider life as a revolving wheel set upright with man walking on its tire. As he walks, the wheel is revolving toward him beneath his feet, and if he is not to be carried backward by it and flung to the ground he must walk at the same speed as the wheel turns. If he exceeds that speed, he will topple foward and slip off the wheel onto his face. For at every moment we stand, as it were, on the top of a wheel; immediately we try to cling to that moment, (or to the power) to that particualr point of the wheel, it is no longer at the top and we are off balance. Thus by not trying to seize the moment, (or the power) we keep it, for the second we fail to walk on we cease to remain still. Yet within this there is still a deeper truth. From the standpoint of eternity we never can and never do leave the top of the wheel, for if a circle is set in infinite space it has neither top nor bottom. Wherever you stand is the top, and it revolves only because you are pushing it round with your own feet." by Alan Watts

"Consider life as a tumultuous pool of water, and we are floating in it. Strong waves crash against the rocks. In order to survive, one must cling to a sturdy rock, lest the waves slam him into a rock, pull him out, and slam him into the rocks again. Eventually the waves get weaker, and although we may have spent that time being pounded by water, we are much better off than we would have been going with the flow and getting our skulls cracked open on the rocks. Then when the time is right we can leave the rocks and swim to safety." by me.

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this. It seems that psychic powers, the attainment of power, and perhaps more importantly, the usage of that power seems to be a very taboo topic in the realm of spiritual cultivation. It can inflate the ego, keep you attached to impermanent things, and keep you from being in "the flow".

I don't know how many other people here are like this, but pretty much the sole reason I wound up studying meditation, and continue to do so, is to attain various psychic powers and other siddhis. I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, and I don't see anything wrong with the pursuit of them. They are what they are. Will they help you get liberation? Probably not. Are they easy to abuse? Probably. But to that extent, they are no different from pretty much any other thing out there.

However, I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky! Various people make various claims about the ability of themselves or others, but verifying those claims is tricky at best. I am not so concerned with verifying whether or not an individual has them- I believe them to exist, I believe them to be attainable, all I seek is a method that will work. Plenty of people out there make allusions to things, saying stuff like, "some people may experience such-and-such phenomena", but that to me sounds like a cheap advertising tactic- you bring up the subject, but as soon as someone asks about it you brush it under the rug, "oh well I can't say for certain", or, "well that doesn't happen in all cases, I can't make guarantees". Let's try and keep that stuff out of this thread :)

Sure, liberation from this endless cycle of rebirth sounds good, the eternal bliss of unity with the divine sounds good as well.... but first things first! Baby steps, you know?

What do you guys know, and are willing to share, about psychic powers and the acquirement of them? Anybody you know that you have seen, or perhaps even heard about, that can demonstrate these abilities? Or even better, anybody have any good methods for attaining them and are willing to share their insights or experiences?

I have not taken the time to read the posts in this thread so if I repeat something already said - never mind.

Power:

Ah, the pursuit of Power. Yeah. I want...Power. Desire alone doesn't accomplish a thing.

OK, cool. Here is the thing, though. One pays a price. Part of that price is simply the kung fu required; daily time and effort. Ah, but what is Power without a reason or need?

One can start to gain Power through simply doing good deeds through compassion; not enough, but a good start. But the act can help lead to the cultivation of Virtue which is required for one to get beyond a certain point in the pursuit of Power. Also required is assuming responsibility. If a person does not assume responsibility why should he/she be granted Power? Also required is raising the energy body vibration rate. I always laugh, there was a person here who posted under a Starperson something who now posts under a different name. But he talked about "wimpy qigong" versus real qigong. Well, not very political but he sure had a valid point. Through some practices it simply will be very difficult to actually raise the energy body vibration rate. So to gain Power one must choose their practices carefully. Also helps greatly to have a teacher who can actually manipulate energy. One also has to align themselves with the Divine. Sure one can get to a certain point (at least they think they can )without doing so. But beyond this point it must be so. One can not actually walk in the Wu Wei without doing so. So we must practice Listening and learn to walk in the Wu Wei in order to gain in Power.

But in the end it always boils down to who a person is, as in who they really are. The real you, not the mind/brain you but the immortal you. What did YOU choose to do and learn before coming to the Earth? What is YOUR Destiny? How much energy did you bring with you? Is Power YOUR path? If it is then one must be impeccable in the pursuit of this Power.

So we pursue; Whoops - we initially learn that Power without Knowledge sucks. Really dangerous and not much can actually be accomplished without this Knowledge. So we pursue that and eventually, through time & effort of raising energy body vibration, practice of Virtue and Responsibility, we gain in Knowledge & Power. But what do we do with it? This pursuit has also shown us that Power without Knowledge sucked. Now we come to find that Power and Knowledge without Wisdom sucks. So we pursue Wisdom and find it is infinitely more difficult than Power or Knowledge and learn that it is a many-lifetime pursuit.

Be sure of what you really really want. Then do it.

I have not taken the time to read the posts in this thread so if I repeat something already said - never mind.

Actually your post was really awesome, thanks :)

You made a lot of good points. so I'm not going to respond in detail to all, just stuff I have questions about...

Also required is raising the energy body vibration rate. I always laugh, there was a person here who posted under a Starperson something who now posts under a different name. But he talked about "wimpy qigong" versus real qigong. Well, not very political but he sure had a valid point. Through some practices it simply will be very difficult to actually raise the energy body vibration rate. So to gain Power one must choose their practices carefully.

How do you raise your energy body vibration rate, and what are some practices that you recommend to do so?

Also helps greatly to have a teacher who can actually manipulate energy. One also has to align themselves with the Divine. Sure one can get to a certain point (at least they think they can )without doing so. But beyond this point it must be so. One can not actually walk in the Wu Wei without doing so. So we must practice Listening and learn to walk in the Wu Wei in order to gain in Power.

This is something interesting but kind of sort of a slightly different subject...

What if something that you aim to do isn't exactly lined up with "the big plan"? Not necessarily against the plan, but you know, outside the scope of the plan?

But in the end it always boils down to who a person is, as in who they really are. The real you, not the mind/brain you but the immortal you. What did YOU choose to do and learn before coming to the Earth? What is YOUR Destiny? How much energy did you bring with you? Is Power YOUR path? If it is then one must be impeccable in the pursuit of this Power.

I agree with that last sentence. As much as I want power, I want to do it the right way- as in, right method, right attitude, and as complete a power as possible. Aleister Crowley's path, for example, isn't something I'd want to do. I'm going to do it, so I want to do it right- which is why I made the thread.

So we pursue; Whoops - we initially learn that Power without Knowledge sucks. Really dangerous and not much can actually be accomplished without this Knowledge. So we pursue that and eventually, through time & effort of raising energy body vibration, practice of Virtue and Responsibility, we gain in Knowledge & Power. But what do we do with it? This pursuit has also shown us that Power without Knowledge sucked. Now we come to find that Power and Knowledge without Wisdom sucks. So we pursue Wisdom and find it is infinitely more difficult than Power or Knowledge and learn that it is a many-lifetime pursuit.

Be sure of what you really really want. Then do it.

Yeah well I haven't consolidated "power". I've got plenty of knowledge, a bit of wisdom, but without power it doesn't really mean much.

"Consider life as a tumultuous pool of water, and we are floating in it. Strong waves crash against the rocks. In order to survive, one must cling to a sturdy rock, lest the waves slam him into a rock, pull him out, and slam him into the rocks again. Eventually the waves get weaker, and although we may have spent that time being pounded by water, we are much better off than we would have been going with the flow and getting our skulls cracked open on the rocks. Then when the time is right we can leave the rocks and swim to safety." by me.

There is a secret about the flow...

...and what if the waves never weaken, just as the power that drives the universe never weakens?

Actually your post was really awesome, thanks :)

You made a lot of good points. so I'm not going to respond in detail to all, just stuff I have questions about...

How do you raise your energy body vibration rate, and what are some practices that you recommend to do so?

This is something interesting but kind of sort of a slightly different subject...

What if something that you aim to do isn't exactly lined up with "the big plan"? Not necessarily against the plan, but you know, outside the scope of the plan?

I agree with that last sentence. As much as I want power, I want to do it the right way- as in, right method, right attitude, and as complete a power as possible. Aleister Crowley's path, for example, isn't something I'd want to do. I'm going to do it, so I want to do it right- which is why I made the thread.

Yeah well I haven't consolidated "power". I've got plenty of knowledge, a bit of wisdom, but without power it doesn't really mean much.

I can quote one of my teachers, "The practice of Stillness-Movement awakens our Sacred Gifts." I will not speak of other practices except for what I teach.

You miss the point. It is NOT a different subject but the very essence of the subject. One cannot gain Power without these things.

Then you would not be true to yourself and any "Power" you developed would be limited. What the real YOU has planned has no scope outside the plan. So "Power" developed and used against yourself is self-destructive.

Good. Keep it up, find and fulfill your Destiny. Bravo!

Hmmn; Well I have plenty of Power, some really small bit of Knowledge, and a very microscopically small little bit of Wisdom. I would advise you to re-think, for if the knowledge was truly there then you would already be within Power as well. I speak of Knowledge not as written in books, but as known for oneself through energy practices. Reading something does not make it our own.

You may wish to think on attending one of my workshops. I WILL teach you how to raise your energy body vibration - the rest will be up to you.

You miss the point. It is NOT a different subject but the very essence of the subject. One cannot gain Power without these things.

Hmm, maybe, I dunno. I guess it's one of those bits of wisdom I have yet to find :)

I speak of Knowledge not as written in books, but as known for oneself through energy practices. Reading something does not make it our own.

I'm talking about knowledge from general life experiences.

Earlier I talked about abuse of power. There have been circumstances in my life in which I, knowingly or unknowingly, abused my power (a power that I didn't fully understand, and something that I was experimenting around with). Now I have the "knowledge" that abuse of power is bad- but I don't have the wisdom to understand how every action I do impacts others. I can't look at a situation and tell whether I am doing the right or wrong thing, I can't always tell whether what I am doing is right or wrong- I just "know" that doing the wrong thing is not very good.

You may wish to think on attending one of my workshops. I WILL teach you how to raise your energy body vibration - the rest will be up to you.

I'll look into it, thanks :)

Earlier I talked about abuse of power. There have been circumstances in my life in which I, knowingly or unknowingly, abused my power (a power that I didn't fully understand, and something that I was experimenting around with). Now I have the "knowledge" that abuse of power is bad- but I don't have the wisdom to understand how every action I do impacts others. I can't look at a situation and tell whether I am doing the right or wrong thing, I can't always tell whether what I am doing is right or wrong- I just "know" that doing the wrong thing is not very good.

And here we get to the crux of the matter. You and I are both saying that Power without Knowledge AND Wisdom is useless. And I said that Wisdom is a many-lifetime pursuit. So just WTF do we do? Is it a conundrum? To solve any one thing we must rise above the level of that particular thing. So, raising the energy body vibration is essential. After aligning ourselves with the Divine we must then practice Listening. This comes from walking in the Wu Wei. When we do that we no longer make decisions based on mental (although we keep the mental as a powerful tool) but based on the Higher Level course of action. By practicing Listening and walking in the Wu Wei our actions will be in alignment with the current of the moment instead of going against the flow; i.e. synchronicity will happen. It gets so deep and layered that it is truly mind boggling, but we really do not even have to be concerned with that, we just have to Listen and walk.

Edited by Ya Mu

And here we get to the crux of the matter. You and I are both saying that Power without Knowledge AND Wisdom is useless. And I said that Wisdom is a many-lifetime pursuit. So just WTF do we do? Is it a conundrum? To solve any one thing we must rise above the level of that particular thing. So, raising the energy body vibration is essential. After aligning ourselves with the Divine we must then practice Listening. This comes from walking in the Wu Wei. When we do that we no longer make decisions based on mental (although we keep the mental as a powerful tool) but based on the Higher Level course of action. By practicing Listening and walking in the Wu Wei our actions will be in alignment with the current of the moment instead of going against the flow; i.e. synchronicity will happen. It gets so deep and layered that it is truly mind boggling, but we really do not even have to be concerned with that, we just have to Listen and walk.

Synchronicity hasn't gotten me where I want to go.

In fact, more often than not stuff I don't want to happen gets synchronous for me.

Not fun at all.

Concern of lower ego self? Probably.

But you know, it's getting kind of repetitive, which is why I'm looking to break out of that cycle. If the universe isn't giving me what I want, I guess I need to stand up and take it.

Or maybe you just need to sit down ... and forget it.

Chuang Tzu (The Inner Chapters) --

"Another day, Yen Hui saw Confucius again and said, "I am making progress."

Confucius asked, "In what way?"

Yen Hui said, "I just sit and forget."

Confucius was startled and asked, "What do you mean by sitting and forgetting?"

Yen Hui said, "I am not attached to the body and I give up any idea of knowing. By freeing myself from the body and mind, I become one with the infinite. This is what I mean by sitting and forgetting."

I'm not looking for an outlook. I'm not looking to physically be a bum (no offense to the tao bums :P) but mentally be all "transcendent". I'm not looking to be in the same crappy situation as everyone else, but just feel good about it.

Synchronicity hasn't gotten me where I want to go.

In fact, more often than not stuff I don't want to happen gets synchronous for me.

Not fun at all.

Concern of lower ego self? Probably.

But you know, it's getting kind of repetitive, which is why I'm looking to break out of that cycle. If the universe isn't giving me what I want, I guess I need to stand up and take it.

This is because you have not reached Wu Wei, synchronicity, to start with. It requires all those things I said in my posts. Start with raising the energy body vibration rate and developing Virtue.

If you do not already have a cat go to the animal shelter and get one, and if you are fortune enough to really understand and be friends with a cat then you will learn something of power. (since you apparently ignore most people here...)

post-51155-126463957584_thumb.gif

Edited by 3bob

If you do not already have a cat go to the animal shelter and get one, and if you are fortune enough to really understand and be friends with a cat then you will learn something of power. (since you apparently ignore most people here...)

post-51155-126463957584_thumb.gif

I'm not ignoring anyone. I've read every post here several times.

I don't know about you all, but I am taking this quite seriously. The whole "listen to the divine" and "go with the flow" and all that stuff is good, and it's something that I've been working at every since I came across taoism (which I got into shortly before I joined this forum, back in September 08)

Again, it's not like I'm not incorporating this stuff into my life or practice.

It's that I'd ALSO like to incorporate stuff that will also get me what I want.

Does that sound selfish? I don't care. Do you think it's something I should have gotten over if I had really been doing serious work for that long? I don't really care. I've dedicated every waking moment to this stuff, and even my moments sleeping (lucid dream exploring), and, no offense to anybody, but this wu wei stuff again isn't getting me where I need to go.

HOWEVER, I DO like taoist methods of energy work, like stuff I've read of B.K. Frantzis. But Frantzis is just as "tiptoe around the psychic power" issue as everyone else. The whole, "don't play around with things, it won't give you spiritual advancement", "don't do stuff to tempt the ego", "psychic powers may or may not be real" and all that other stuff. I'm looking for stuff that will work.

Sorry you feel like I'm not giving you enough love 3bob (or anyone else that has responded to this thread) :) but if all you are going to tell me is, "psychic powers aren't the point" or "learn to be like a cat" well, duly noted, your job is done :)

Sorry if that sounds kind of jerk-ish but.... at this point, I really don't care :)

I do really like cats, by the way, though I do live in a college dorm (working on that mundane transformation), so no can do on the cat front.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang