sean

Free Astral Travel and Dream Course starting ...

Thanks for the Bardo links. I just printed out a few dozen pages from Rawne Clarke's Bardo book. Looks like solid stuff.

One of the flashing links above the Bums discussion page was "Instant Astral Travel just 29.95 Guaranteed". Information like Bardo, which is step by step, building up a solid base, seems much more the way to go. Even if it worked (questionable) you don't want to be dumped anywhere w/out a guide book, some pocket change and the maturity to handle it.

Michael

The video clips are downloadable, so they are still there. you haven't missed anything. I haven't gotten the book yet either .. I'm seeing how far I can get with just video clips and info on the pages there.

I tried but couldn't find a way to download these video clips from astral course.. Could somebody advise how to do it?

http://www.gnosticweb.com/index.php?PageID=333

I'm starting it. Not sure how long I last, my attention span is rather slim the last few weeks, but I always wanted to learn how to do this.

Sean

[edit]Of course notice the PageID ... I'm cursed.

If you practice meditation, OBE and all the other weird things related to sleep will happen on it's own. It's fun at first, but then you don't pay much attention to it. Astral sex could be interesting though. Also traveling back in time or in the 'future'. Or to other worlds. Imagine trying to get back into the body of yourself when you were 9 y.o. and then realizing the body is too small, and upon getting back to the present body, remembering the events from the past related to the present OBE and also realizing the reasons why the whole thing happend.

Thank God I didn't become addicted to this. I call this Spiritual Entertainment.

Dream Yoga is one of the six Yogas of Naropa, a complete system of Tibetan cultivation. One of the early Kagyu lineage holders, Dusum Khyenpa, achieved enlightenment through dream yoga. It's a very powerful metaphor for waking up. Of course any practice, including emptiness meditation, can be an addiction in the service of entertainment. :)

Sean

PS - KoHsuan, I think registration is over. I've been too busy to follow through on the course so far so maybe next session we should sign up earlier and many of us can do it together.

Dream Yoga is one of the six Yogas of Naropa, a complete system of Tibetan cultivation. One of the early Kagyu lineage holders, Dusum Khyenpa, achieved enlightenment through dream yoga. It's a very powerful metaphor for waking up. Of course any practice, including emptiness meditation, can be an addiction in the service of entertainment. :)

Dusum Khyenpa reached enlightenment WHILE doing dream yoga, not because of it. You can read more about all the training he had here: http://www.kagyu-asia.com/l_kar1.html

Dusum Khyenpa reached enlightenment WHILE doing dream yoga, not because of it. You can read more about all the training he had here: http://www.kagyu-asia.com/l_kar1.html

We have such a funny connection, Max. I was sitting in a hot bath after I wrote this thinking, dammit! but there are eg. Zen masters who achieve enlightenment from the sound of a pebble hitting a bamboo shoot, that doesn't mean listening to pebbles hitting bamboo shoots will lead to enlightenment! It's a good point. Still, I go back to my "conditions vs causes" point. Perhaps emptiness practice is the most important condition, but many schools like the six Yogas of Naropa and the eight limbs of classical Yoga have many branches of conditions that support, balance and arguably accelerate emptiness practice. From my research I believe Dream Yoga can be utilized as skillful means and not merely addictive entertainment.

Zen masters who achieve enlightenment from the sound of a pebble hitting a bamboo shoot, that doesn't mean listening to pebbles hitting bamboo shoots will lead to enlightenment! It's a good point. Still, I go back to my "conditions vs causes" point. Perhaps emptiness practice is the most important condition, but many schools like the six Yogas of Naropa and the eight limbs of classical Yoga have many branches of conditions that support, balance and arguably accelerate emptiness practice. From my research I believe Dream Yoga can be utilized as skillful means and not merely addictive entertainment.

Lol, I was actually thinking of using the 'pebbles' example to respond to you. Yes, as long as you see it as skillful means you are ok. I'm not strong enough to see it this way. Not sure what kind of experiences you had so far with OBE but there are quiet a few things that will blow your mind off (sometimes in a good way). Robert Monroe is an excellent example of sidetracking with OBE on a spiritual path. Most people I knew who could do OBE were addicted to it and thought this was IT. This government is heavy into OBE research. Just try to get to the Pre-zen-dent while out of body (one must be really stupid to do that) and you will see for yourself what kind of protection he has.

Talking about being awake when asleep, we're also asleep when we're awake. In a good article on Waking Sleep (The structure and dynamics of waking sleep) Charles T. Tart cites Gurdjief's premise that we're asleep all the time.

"WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE IN A STATE OF WAKING SLEEP?

We can say that "Man is asleep" in the overall sense that an individual in an ordinary, culturally "normal" state of consciousness is:

a) unaware or only partially aware of important objects, people and processes in his or her immediate environment.

b. unaware or only partially aware of important, sometimes vital talents, processes, and events within his or her own being.

If this were all there was to our initial definition of being asleep, we could more simply call it "ignorance", and straightforward efforts at education would be the remedy. Therefore we must add:

c) man habitually and automatically spends an enormous amount of time in daydreams and delusory belief systems about himself and his world; that is, man walks around in a kind of waking (day)dream;

d) man is strongly and emotionally attached to and defends many of his dreams and delusory belief systems; and

e) man significantly distorts his perceptions of his world and his self, usually in a manner that subjectively supports his daydreams and delusory belief systems.

As a consequence of being asleep in this sense, of usually being in what I have elsewhere termed consensus trance we undergo an enormous amount of suffering."

So delusion has active aspect to it then? :o

Bardon's book Initiation into Hermetics is actually a whole course on Hermetic practice. There are ten steps in the book with many skills developed with one of them being astral projection. What I find unique about his curriculum is that he has you develop a deep emptiness practice that is introduced in step one and is to be deepened in every step. It is the only practice that is carried on through all the steps.

Astral projection is taught in step nine, but there are incremental steps of projection leading up to it. Working with the elements ensures that the astral body is customized energetically so to speak, organized to support the witness consciousness. There is no Bardon organization, the practitioner is left free in that regard. There is no dogma but a basic theory.

Practice with the elements is introduced to bring about an elemental equilibrium in the astral body the psyche, and then work with in the psychic environment. The elements correspond to the senses so a great mastery over the physical and astral sense is deveoped. It all helps to do the above mentioned energetic organization.

Very interesting. It made me wonder if this system did influence Eric when he wrote his book. After all the structure in which the material is presented is very similar: 14 lessons. Building up in complexity and depth, with some excercise that just build up from the firts week, every week, and others that are a pre requisite for mre advanced stuff, that are presented. And E. was into magic. So he might have thought about using this template to teach the Taoist material.

<_< hmmm

Very interesting. It made me wonder if this system did influence Eric when he wrote his book. After all the structure in which the material is presented is very similar: 14 lessons. Building up in complexity and depth, with some excercise that just build up from the firts week, every week, and others that are a pre requisite for mre advanced stuff, that are presented. And E. was into magic. So he might have thought about using this template to teach the Taoist material.

<_< hmmm

Pietro,

Erics book does talk about Bardon, but I don't know if he really practiced his work otherwise he would have been more cautious about using ceremonial magic. He was heavily intp Crowely and the GD system. Ceremonial is a short cut way to borrow power on credit. Sometime someone comes to collect.

Bump

Anyone doing one of the courses?

The next course starts in October.

.... Ceremonial is a short cut way to borrow power on credit. Sometime someone comes to collect.

I know this isnt directly about astral Projection,but could you elaborate on this point? Im quite intruiged :)

regards,Cloud.

I know this isnt directly about astral Projection,but could you elaborate on this point? Im quite intruiged :)

regards,Cloud.

Cloud,

I will from a limited perspective of one who has never done ceremonial magic but who has studied western magic and Bardon in particular, and travels the path of the first pillar. His Book on Magical Evocation gives a great sense of the intent of evocation, and its ethics, ethics for the practioner's sake. In bardon's path a magician learns to master the elements and the fluids, dynamics of yin and yang forces within himself and can get and do most things through his own abilities. If a person evokes or invokes a being through ceremony without that kind of training then the magician becomes dependent on that being to reach his aims. if a being is doing things for you or you borrow its aura, by bathing in the echoes of the ceremony, giving the sense that its abilites are yours and that you are evolving through the process, then unbewknownst to you, you get into debt to that being. I think all ceremonies attract beings of one sort or another. This is called a pact in Bardon's book. No contract on parchment written out in blood. This dependency takes the form of a too close connection to that being, and getting closer over time. The opposite of Liberation which is the aim of Magic in Bardon's view anyway. In Bardon's view beings evoked from the spheres are individual entities in their own right. For an opposing view there is this guy, a Crowley, thelemite writing very lucid books these days, just came out with a book on Soloman's magic. I can't remember his name but his view is that these beings are aspects of your own mind, or of Mind and can be safely ordered around. But even in his training I think you have to be able to operate from the standpoint of this mind that these beings are aspects of. Maybe not such an easy thing. Lon Milo DuQuettte is the guys name, just checked it out. So for a more clear insight other than my ramblings read Bardon's evocation book and DuQuuette's new Solomanic book as contrasts and let the interval play out in your mind for a while then see what insights evolve in yourself.

Hello,

I'm very interesting in this Astral Travel Course Online Course which is no longer available.

Does anybody keep the PDF's, videos, or even the eBook which once was available for free and is willing to share it?

It seems that Belzebuub's website is currently down...

Please, PM me :)