TheDragon20

The god(s) in Taoism?

Hello Sam,

I signed off with the word "Om' in my last post in this string in the sense of using a word like "peace", but I go by the handle of 3bob at this site.

We may go in a multitude of apparent and or relative directions, but where do they all ultimately lead back to?

I'd say "cultivate" unconditional love in whatever path you may walk, and you will travel well.

Om

hmm... my mistake. I was being a tad more litteral as to the direction though, I meant a website or book, or person who knows about the Taoist gods that I might contact.

Much love people.

That was a good post until you got to this paragraph.

Tao refuses nor denies none. All things are Tao, remember? Even the cowards and the powerless. Shucks. Even the hypocrites are of Tao.

(Of course, this need not control our personal preferrences.)

Peace & Love!

However, all taoist classics have this to say about tao's relationship to the human world:

"In the human world, tao has been destroyed." Sources: Yuan-dao, Tao Te Ching, Wen-tzu.

However, all taoist classics have this to say about tao's relationship to the human world:

"In the human world, tao has been destroyed." Sources: Yuan-dao, Tao Te Ching, Wen-tzu.

Good return to me. Now I can't say anything else. Hehehe.

(Although I would suggest that it is not Tao that has been destroyed but rather Te, Virtue.)

Peace & Love!

Good return to me. Now I can't say anything else. Hehehe.

(Although I would suggest that it is not Tao that has been destroyed but rather Te, Virtue.)

Peace & Love!

Te is part of inTEgrity ;)

It seems to me that if the Tao is all there is, then WE are it. We always have been, will always be. Perhaps there is nothing outside to pray to at all.

It seems to me that if the Tao is all there is, then WE are it. We always have been, will always be. Perhaps there is nothing outside to pray to at all.

So then why do you and me have to learn to type, gain access to a computer, and pay for electricity in order to either express or refute this idea? ;)

hmm... my mistake. I was being a tad more litteral as to the direction though, I meant a website or book, or person who knows about the Taoist gods that I might contact.

Much love people.

"Much love people" and to you also Sam :)

I can only give a little generic feedback or advice that I feel is safe, I'm not qualified in the area of mind you are expressing interest in. (but apparently this site has several that are?)

Good fortune to you

• Like 1

I thought I would bump this interesting thread with the reminder that most people in the world who practice Taoism do so religiously which involves the Taoist gods and rituals and praying and it's actually very uncommon for most taoists to know anything about internal alchemy. 

That being said if you don't happen to have a Taoist priest or Temple around you are there any Taoist deities that you can get to help you?

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, dmattwads said:

..That being said if you don't happen to have a Taoist priest or Temple around you are there any Taoist deities that you can get to help you?

I remember reading a post where they had asked this exact question to a Taoist priest. The answer was that the only one "westerners" can really connect with is Lao Tzu. Although it seemed like they were being politely dismissive, maybe for good reasons given the complexity described above!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nintendao said:

I remember reading a post where they had asked this exact question to a Taoist priest. The answer was that the only one "westerners" can really connect with is Lao Tzu. Although it seemed like they were being politely dismissive, maybe for good reasons given the complexity described above!

I guess that raises another question. What deities are good for Westerners? 

• Haha 2