Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hi Bill,

I think I can speak for both Sifu Garry and myself when I say thank you for the kind words about the website and for the useful feedback. You make some good points that we will take onboard :)

The website is still in its early stages and things are being changed (and hopefully improved) from day to day.

1) About the WBBM Qigong, it is simply the name for our Qigong training program. It is not a system or method created by us. The material taught comes from traditional Yau Kung Mun, WYYHJ and Doo family methods. As a side note, we also teach the combative side of those arts in our Internal Chinese Martial Arts program but the WBBM Qigong class is for our students who just want to train for the health benefits. The teaching is always tailored to the individual so one person might focus on YKM internal methods while another might be better suited for learning the Burning Palm system etc. I hope that makes it a bit clearer and I'll add an explanation to the text on the site as well :)

2) I'll pass on that one for now, my knowledge of Chinese characters is quite terrible! But we will probably see if we can't add them to the site anyhow.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Chris

Hey Chris,

If you need help feel free to contact me. I can help with the Chinese and, if you wish, the Mandarin pinyin.

Best,

Bill

Hello All,

I was curious if anyone had a similar experience - I recently had a girlfriend complain about feeling pressure in her head and her heart speeding up when I practice FPCK - while I'm doing the exercises, I feel nothing out of the ordinary, I'm doing practice for about 20-30 min at a time - at the time she was in a separate room and only knew I was doing some sort of "exercise", she doesn't really know what chi kung is, she was not watching me at the time, she was coming out of the shower and dressing when she felt "funny", she wanted to leave the house as soon as I finished to get some air - I did this again and told her to lie down and relax if this happened again, which she did and felt much better - I haven't had a chance to test her reactions further, I just hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

Rene'

Hello Rene,

The reaction you described that your girlfriend had (pressure in the head and heart starting to race) is unusual and not the typical contact high that folks in proximity with FP practitioners feel--which is becoming more relaxed and feeling "mellow". This is especially true of pets. FP meditations are very calming and so benign they will calm and put your pets to rest! Not that we will all become like St. Francis of Assisi, and have wild animals cooo and lie down at our feet, but I've experienced and my qigong students over years have reported very calming effects that are "contagious". But NEVER has anyone reported that their FP practice had brought on a stress or panic reaction in others closseby. My students, friends, my girlfriend, and my unusually hyperactive 4 year-old beagle all get mellow and cozy during and after my FP practice.

It sounds like your girlfriend might have suffered a possible panic attack. It's possible that being around your FP practice caused her to subconsciously relax some repressive mechanism that was holding back the hypertension symptoms, and caused those symptoms to be released.

Or, if you happened to be carrying a lot of serious stress and heaviness, and were to venting or exorcising it through the FP practice, because of your psychic and sexual connection with your girlfriend, that energy might have transferred to her.

Question: Were you thinking of and concentrating on your girlfriend when yo were doing the FP meditations?

At any rate, without being there to observe both of you individually and the dynamic between you two, I can only conjecture as to what might have happened to cause your girlfriend those symptoms. There are too many variables for me to say anything conclusively. (And too bad I wasn't present because those symptoms are very easy to take off a person...after one has completed the FP training and learned GM Doo Wai's healing methods.)

At the previous location where I taught my FP Qigong every week for 7 years (the 2nd floor studio a major ballet school in Los Angeles where I rented space) , the caretaker of the studio always said to us on our way out that he was regularly "blown away" by the effects he felt downstairs underneath us when we were doing the seated FP Meditations (the "Monk Serves Wine" series). He described feeling the same effects that we all felt from doing the seated FP med's: a = "swooshing", liquid, washing sensation throughout the brain matter underneath the skull, which at first was totally startling, but then he got used to it and said that it was a cool "high."

So the effects of group practice of FP meditation can be quite profound and far-reaching.

Also Rene, I recall that you said that you practice Santeria to some extent. You might thus examine what type of spiritual work or operations you've been doing lately (if any), because your girlfriend's experienced pressure in the head (throbbing temples???) also sounds very much like spiritual fallout. Flying Phoenix qigong will only intensify the energy impact of spiritual work--whether it's clean work or sloppy work.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. If any other practitioners of the FP Qigong have experienced any type of "unusual, untoward, perplexing, non-ordinary phenomena ...please feel free to share your experience and I'll try to clarify for you (if I can).

• Like 1

Sifu Terry -

Actually, I have also experience the phenomenon of enhanced cardio ability that I'm convinced is realized through the practice of FP. For me, I love the rowing machine and it seems I can just go on and on, much more easily than I *should* be able to go based on my cardio training alone.

OK, on to my question: You had mentioned FP for people with an illness. I would like to get your recommendations on doing FP when sick. I had a virus last week that put me under the weather, and I practiced the "Monk Holds Pearl", as that's one you had mentioned earlier. This seemed to have made a big difference as it seemed to stop the virus from running it's normal course.

So, when ill, other than Monk Holds Pearl, are there any other FP exercises that you could recommend? That could be practiced lying down? Any cautions?

Now, back to this week, the FP continues to get stronger as I practice. In an earlier post you mentioned if the energy gets too strong to eat something. Well, I haven't had to do that, however, I am beginning to see that the FP energy can get unusually strong....I'll leave it at that for description. I am figuring the FP energy feels so very strong perhaps because my body/system simply isn't used to it.

This begs another question. When doing the hand movements, for me the energy feels stronger in some directions than others. Or maybe I should say different in some directions than others. For instance in some directions of hand movements the energy feels thicker and more difficult to move through while in other directions it feels smooth, calming, peaceful, smooth. Have other students experienced this? Is there anything you can attribute to this?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

'surfacing momentarily to respond to your post:

First, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling bountiful energy from the FP practice that allows you to go longer in your cardio workouts. Are you certain that the performance enhancement is fueled by the FP energy--as opposed to just plain old cardio conditioning increasing your stamina? Just playing devil's advocate for a second to make sure that you're being objective.

About using FP med's for illness: Be careful not to confuse it with a spedific cure or remedy for a particular disease. It is NOT. FP qigong's forte is threefold: (1) strengthens immunity; (2) Dissipates/transforms stress like few other qigong methods can; (3) cleans and purifies the human organism so that it functions better (is more perfect in its self-regulation) and thereby imparts longevity. Its practice will definitely strengthen your immunity so that you're less susceptible to illness. it will definitely dissipate stress, including chronic, somaticized, time-bound tension. and if you practice it daily, it will definitely lengthen your life span (you can feel it actually happening once you've been practicing it for a few years).

But once you are ill, you need to use whatever traditional western medical remedy or holistic, naturopathic remedy, or Chinese medical treatment is called for.

Proven fact: FP Meditation is effective to accelerate healing and recovery from a major surgery, after the whole bodily system has been "flattened"--and can replace the use of pain-killing drugs in many situations. But its therapeutic application is only ancillary--not principal. It's not meant to replace medical care--western or eastern.

Through regular practice (and not even that long-term), FP Qigong can develop profoundly high levels of energy--but it's a distinctive healing energy that cannot ever reach an "O.D." level. The Qigong method is so simple and natural that once a maximum duration of the vibratory state has been reached (and it varies form person to person according to the total amount of tension and the "configuration" of the tension in their system), the vibration automatically shuts down. Also, the more one practices, the vibrations become more refined and the body shakes less, until every cell of the body is permeated by the FP energy and, like GMDW, the body doesn't flinch one 1/100 of a millimeter while practicing the Qigong.

The fact that you find some patterns and directions of movements more powerful or energetic than others jibes with what the ancients discovered when they created internal martial arts like Tai Chi, Bakua and Hsing-I, etc. They made key martial movements out of the most powerful patterns: outward circling = Wave hands like Clouds; inward circling == "brush knee" and "Snakes Creeps Down"; tangent to any circle. Like other martial arts based on perfect natural movement (e.g., Tai Chi, bagua, etc.) the FP meditations become easier to, more effortless, and more health-giving with more practice.

That you find some movements easier or more effortless to do than others is purely a function of the unique "tension quotient" in your mind-body. All the movements of the FP Qigong exercises are purely natural and "frictionless" and therefore can be practiced to point of being totally relaxed and effortless.

The solution is simply to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and PRACTICDE.

day in and day out--but without strain or obsession. (That is what makes for better kung-fu, btw)

Hope this helps.

best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Hello Sifu Terry,

Many thanks for the informative reply, you raise some very good points - I was not thinking of my girlfriend during the practice, just keeping my mind relaxed and in "neutral" - When we repeated this later she was again coming out of the shower, she started to feel the "thick air", pressure, but felt everything go away and felt very relaxed as soon as she lied down for the remainder of my practice - she was in the bedroom while I practiced in the dining room, her door was closed - while relaxed, she told me she saw a flood of tiny points of light going through the room, I have an ancestor altar in an adjacent room - the lights died down as soon as I came in to tell her I was done - the only spiritual work I've been doing to date just involves cultivating my connection with spirit energy as I'm just a neophyte - My experience may be an outlier also since my girlfriend is *very* sensitive, she also may have some emotional issues regarding her gift, she doesn't like talking about this and has told me she actively suppresses this, this could be a big psychological issue that might come to the surface when the outer conditions are fertile.

My own psychological conditions have been pretty mellow, no big ups or downs, a pretty even keel.

Once again, many thanks for your insight.

Best,

R

Hello Rene,

The reaction you described that your girlfriend had (pressure in the head and heart starting to race) is unusual and not the typical contact high that folks in proximity with FP practitioners feel--which is becoming more relaxed and feeling "mellow". This is especially true of pets. FP meditations are very calming and so benign they will calm and put your pets to rest! Not that we will all become like St. Francis of Assisi, and have wild animals cooo and lie down at our feet, but I've experienced and my qigong students over years have reported very calming effects that are "contagious". But NEVER has anyone reported that their FP practice had brought on a stress or panic reaction in others closseby. My students, friends, my girlfriend, and my unusually hyperactive 4 year-old beagle all get mellow and cozy during and after my FP practice.

It sounds like your girlfriend might have suffered a possible panic attack. It's possible that being around your FP practice caused her to subconsciously relax some repressive mechanism that was holding back the hypertension symptoms, and caused those symptoms to be released.

Or, if you happened to be carrying a lot of serious stress and heaviness, and were to venting or exorcising it through the FP practice, because of your psychic and sexual connection with your girlfriend, that energy might have transferred to her.

Question: Were you thinking of and concentrating on your girlfriend when yo were doing the FP meditations?

At any rate, without being there to observe both of you individually and the dynamic between you two, I can only conjecture as to what might have happened to cause your girlfriend those symptoms. There are too many variables for me to say anything conclusively. (And too bad I wasn't present because those symptoms are very easy to take off a person...after one has completed the FP training and learned GM Doo Wai's healing methods.)

At the previous location where I taught my FP Qigong every week for 7 years (the 2nd floor studio a major ballet school in Los Angeles where I rented space) , the caretaker of the studio always said to us on our way out that he was regularly "blown away" by the effects he felt downstairs underneath us when we were doing the seated FP Meditations (the "Monk Serves Wine" series). He described feeling the same effects that we all felt from doing the seated FP med's: a = "swooshing", liquid, washing sensation throughout the brain matter underneath the skull, which at first was totally startling, but then he got used to it and said that it was a cool "high."

So the effects of group practice of FP meditation can be quite profound and far-reaching.

Also Rene, I recall that you said that you practice Santeria to some extent. You might thus examine what type of spiritual work or operations you've been doing lately (if any), because your girlfriend's experienced pressure in the head (throbbing temples???) also sounds very much like spiritual fallout. Flying Phoenix qigong will only intensify the energy impact of spiritual work--whether it's clean work or sloppy work.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. If any other practitioners of the FP Qigong have experienced any type of "unusual, untoward, perplexing, non-ordinary phenomena ...please feel free to share your experience and I'll try to clarify for you (if I can).

Welcome back Sifu Terry!

And thank you for your insightful thoughts....very good stuff. Your post is worth reading several times. There is a lot in there, so I will use several posts to respond.

First, to your opening paragraph, it does indeed seem like I've personally gone through a "retrograde", especially over the past several weeks. I've had three solid weeks of 16 - 18 hour workdays with lots of travel included, and as a result I have had almost no time for qigong practice, little time for meditation. This has been a somewhat frustrating last three weeks from a personal development perspective. Last night was the first time I have been able to get back into some FP practice, and I could really feel the balancing effect. I sincerely hope this retrograde period in the world you mention is drawing to an end.

Your insight that answers my question, "Is there an energy associated with Virtue?" all stemming from the One is quite interesting. I say this was especially relevant to me because I had thought I had found answers to my question by looking at several chapters of the I Ching and Tao Te Ching.

I felt I had found the answer to my question in the first two chapters if I Ching. The first two are (1) Ch'ien / The Creative and (2) K'un / The Receptive. I looked at these as a matched pair. In other words, as Yang / Yin and a balancing set of Guas.

I recently picked up the Wilhelm/Baynes translation of I Ching, so I will provide some remarks from this edition to make my point.

Wilhelm discussing (1) Ch'ien / The Creative:

"The power represented by the hexagrams is to be interpreted in a dual sense-- in terms of its action on the universe and of its action on the world of men. In relation to the universe, the hexagram expressed the strong, creative action of the Deity. In relation to the human world, it denotes the creative action of the holy man or sage, of the ruler of leader of men, who through his power awakens and develops their higher nature."

This seems to say there is a direct connection between virtue being a "holy man or sage" and "power".

Now, Wilhelm on (2) K'un / The Receptive:

"The Receptive does not combat the Creative, but it completes it. ...there is clearly a hierarchic relationship between the two principles. In itself the Receptive is just as important as the Creative, but the attribute of devotion defines the place occupied by its primal power in relations to the Creative; then it is productive of good. Only when it abandons this position and tries to stand as an equal side by side with the Creative, does it become evil. The result is opposition to and struggle against the Creative, which is productive of evil to both."

This describes the Receptive as working in harmony with the Creative resulting in "good". Also the Receptive trying to go it alone, trying to be equal to the Creative resulting in "evil".

I see parallels to the Christian traditional story of Satan. The story goes Satan was the most powerful of angels, i.e., good. However, when he decided to try to become the equal to God, the result with evil.

The course of evil seems destined to be forever parasitic, as the Receptive by nature can't stand on it's own.

Also, I find answer to my question in Tao Te Ching 40:

"Returning is the motion of the Tao."

This to me is quite powerful. You ask "Returning to what?", and as you peel the onion deeper and deeper, we ultimately return to the Source from which we came before we were born, before we were in our mother's womb, before we were conceived. Ultimately the return is to the One.

If all of our lives we strive to Return to that Source from whence we came, we will have lived a life with good purpose.

So, after reading your comments on "Embracing or obtaining the One", I was quite excited. Why? Because the One is the ultimate Source of the Yang/Creative and Yin/Receptive.

The Tao produced the One

The One produced the Two

Your insights on the One takes what I gleaned from the Creative and the Receptive up a notch. It answers the question about "the energy associated with Virtue" from a higher level perspective.

There is more I wish to say, however, I will stop here for this post.

(Note: edited to correct spelling/grammar.)

Edited by Fu_dog

A simple question here... Is it ok to perform the basic seated meditations and monk serves wine in a crossed leg position rather then half lotus? I have busted my knee fighting several times and find it quite painful. Also, what if your in a wheelchair? I would assume it is ok but not as effective. Is that assumption correct?

Biff

A simple question here... Is it ok to perform the basic seated meditations and monk serves wine in a crossed leg position rather then half lotus? I have busted my knee fighting several times and find it quite painful. Also, what if your in a wheelchair? I would assume it is ok but not as effective. Is that assumption correct?

Biff

Hello Biff,

Yes, one can do the Flying Phoenix seated meditations in crossed position as opposed to 1/2 lotus or full lotus position. Many people of leg injuries or conditions don't permit them to sit in half lotus comfortably for any length of time. But if it's only a matter of stretching and conditioning to get into the position, then I would recommend trying to do them in 1/2 lotus.

--And if one is confined to a chair or wheelchair and can't sit on the floor or ground, then seated that way will also work. As long as one is seated with back straight (even with back propped up against a wall or piece of furniture is fine, btw), and can breath deeply, the Monk Serves Wine meditations will work well.

I have gotten reports back from students and dvd users that say that they get good results from doing the FP meditations (MSW) seated in a chair. This includes two amputees back in the 90's. I myself have not done the MSW exercises in a chair so I can't say with any certainty whether doing them in 1/2 lotus is more effective than doing them seated in a chair. All I can say is that the MSW meditations were designed to be done in 1/2 lotus.

I hope this helps.

Terry Dunn

Hello Sifu Terry,

In terms of technique on bending the bows, should the shoulders move forward when doing the wide embrace and then move back when hands are brought to the chest? If yes, how far forward?

For the past month I have been practicing daily (except weekends) for 30-40 minutes. Been doing monk gazing at the moon and bending the bows.

Going forward, I would like to introduce new meditations but for the next 6 weeks I only have 40 minutes per session. What should I do?

Appreciate your help.

Nic

Edited by nic chi

Hello Sifu Terry,

In terms of technique on bending the bows, should the shoulders move forward when doing the wide embrace and then move back when hands are brought to the chest? If yes, how far forward?

For the past month I have been practicing daily (except weekends) for 30-40 minutes. Been doing monk gazing at the moon and bending the bows.

Going forward, I would like to introduce new meditations but for the next 6 weeks I only have 40 minutes per session. What should I do?

Appreciate your help.

Nic

Hello Nic,

a) With good posture and two-shoulders' width horse stance, just hold a stationary and enlarged wuji (wu chi) posture with back straight while keeping shoulders relaxed and sunk. How you hold that wuji circle completely relaxed will show you how far forward to bring your shoulders when you do Bending the Bows.

B) Besides that basic benchmark, it really doesn't matter how far forward the shoulders come as long as you stay relaxed, the shoulders do not rise, and you don't create tension.

Hope this helps.

Great that you're doing 40 minutes a day of Flying Phoenix.

Best,

Terry Dunn

P.S. To add new meditations to your training, you can follow this schedule which is close to how I teach my Qigong classes: (Again, your start is a good one with Monk Gazing at Moon and Bending the Bows 40 min. a day.) You can work up to this sequence by adding one new exercise each week:

Gazing at Moon, followed by Monk Holding Peak, followed by Monk Holding Pearl (3 stationary med's).

Then do Bending the Bows.

Then add Wind Above the Clouds (50 40 30) and do every weekday for a week.

Next add Wind Through the Treetops (80 50 30) and do everyday for a week.

That's 4 new meditations added one per week (or faster if you want---no harm in that).

Then do these 6 FP meds for a good 3 to 4 months.

Then learn Moonbeam Splashes on Water (90 60 50 20), which is more complex form. [Make sure you do this and all the other FP moving meditations at a speed 3x slower than typical tai Chi form speed.]

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Sifu Terry,

Sorry for no contact over the last few weeks been busy!

Love the I Ching info something I need to get more into...

regards

Garry

Hi Sifu Terry -

Now for a question that our discussions seem be leading up to:

Does practicing a solid qigong such as Flying Phoenix develop virtue?

Why?

Any contrainments?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Lloyd

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWBBM#p/a/u/0/TDVuttau-As

Hi Terry (Sifu) Sihing,

Here is some clips my student put together has some of GMDW Bak Mei, Burning Palm, Wun Yuen Gong, BFP hand forms!

regards

Garry

Hi Garry (Sifu) Sihing,

As I declared on my website (section Affiliated Links), and on Youtube comments under this clip of short form demos', you practice GM Doo Wai's Bak Fu Pai (White Tiger) Kung-fu and Ehrmei Mountain Bak Mei (white Eyebrow) Kung-fu at a very impressive high level. I have not seen any other student of GM Doo Wai demonstrate anything close to your level of kung-fu. This is naturally so because of your certified mastery of Yau Kang Mun, which is the rebel offshoot style of Bak Mei (for all you folks out there non initiated in southern boxing styles). GMDW's Bak Fu Pai is historically related to Bak Mei through the close friendships between GMDW's father and between GMDW with grandmaster Chun Lai Chueng, the last great master of Bak Mei Kung-fu. I have to check my notes and my tapes, but I believe the Bak Mei dragon forms came from GMDW's father's Bak Fu Pai. BFK has same the basic body mechanics as Bak Mei, Yau Kang Mun,and Southern Praying Mantis. And although I know you have worked your butt off and still are doing so, it is most fortuitous that GMDW had you, a sifu at your level, who was able to learn his Ehrmei Bak Mei and BFP and preserve it for the next generation(s) after GMDW passes. As I mentioned, because of my background in Tai Chi Chuan and northern internal arts such as Liu He Ba Fa and strong interest in energy healing after learning Tao Tan Pai, GM Doo Wai taught be a vast amount of his internal arts that complement my background. the most profound gift that he taught me was the 8 Sections of Energy Combined, a rare, ancient and remarkable Buddhist internal martial art that he learned from a monk at the Goddess of Mercy Temple in Macao (extensive clips of GMDW training me and 2 others in this system in the early 1990's will soon be on their way to you). Between the two of us, I think we might have a small percentage of GMDW's knowledge: maybe 40-50% I would you venture guess? btw, I also found the video clip on GM Doo Wai's Myspace page where he acknowledges you as, I recall, the sole recipient of his family's Ehrmei Bak Mei kung-fu. Congratulations. And take care of yourself because you've got a lot to preserve and teach!

best, Sihing Terry Dunn

P.S. I'm so thrilled to know you through this new technology--the web--it is quite amazing that we can now collaborate and help each other preserve GMDW's positive legacy.

AND THANK YOU, LLOYD MCCLELAND, FOR ASKING ME TO SIGN UP ON TAOBUMS AND CHIME IN ON THIS DISCUSSION THREAD THAT YOU STARTED! OTHERWISE, I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN ABOUT SIFU GARRY HEARFIELD!

Hello Taobums and Flying Phoenix buffs --

I know this is quite far off the subject of Flying Phoenix qigong, but I'd like to bring to your attention to a legal battle that I have just instigated against a Hollywood film studio, Dreamworks Animation (and also Dreamworks SKG) that I contend in a lawsuit had pilfered my original concept, story ideas, key story elements, and the bulk of my cast of characters to make their film "Kung Fu Panda."

In the months to come--for this will be a hard-fought litigation, I hope to continue my work as a teacher that the demonstrates my personal philosophy that "the art comes first".

Regards to all.

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://thresq.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/06/tai-chi-expert-claims-kung-fu-panda-stolen-from-his-pitch.html

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=10802772

http://today.msnbc.m...-entertainment/

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2683505/

http://www.247online.ro/tag/kung-fu-panda/

http://news.yahoo.co...n_nm/us_panda_3

http://misstilaomg.c...con-fool-panda/

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/100602/entertainment/centertainment_us_panda?printer=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=6e99vlp4qjs9c

Edited by zen-bear

Aww, Terry Sifu,

Thankyou you are too kind my friend!! Yes, I am the person to get the Bak Mei from his family including some of CLC bak mei pai, the Omei Bak Mei comes from his family and nothing to do with Cheung Lai Chun association. This is what alot of people dont realise especially from CLC camp. All Bak Mei is similar and has the same roots!

I think we do have some incredible information between us from Sifu! :)

Thanks again, and Friend you are i hope that some day to visit you for some Yum cha and chatting? :)

Regards

Garry

Aww, Terry Sifu,

Thankyou you are too kind my friend!! Yes, I am the person to get the Bak Mei from his family including some of CLC bak mei pai, the Omei Bak Mei comes from his family and nothing to do with Cheung Lai Chun association. This is what alot of people dont realise especially from CLC camp. All Bak Mei is similar and has the same roots!

I think we do have some incredible information between us from Sifu! :)

Thanks again, and Friend you are i hope that some day to visit you for some Yum cha and chatting? :)

Regards

Garry

Absolutely, Sifu Garry. I look forward to someday--hopefully soon--sitting down over Yum Cha and chatting about the remarkable arts that have somehow come to us...and then showing each other what parts of GMDW's Family system that we've managed to preserve. But that must proceed first through our video exchanges (--and thank God for our modern technology that makes this possible!).

Best Regards,

Terry

Hi Sifu Terry -

Now for a question that our discussions seem be leading up to:

Does practicing a solid qigong such as Flying Phoenix develop virtue?

Why?

Any contrainments?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Answer: No.

Developing virtue--which to me is the same as morality-- is purely a function of a person's free will.

If a person is not virtuous or moral, practicing Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong--or anything else--is not going to make him a virtuous or moral person.

And if a person chooses to be virtuous, he will do virtuous deeds and life a virtuous life. If by chance he comes upon something as rare as Flying Phoenix Qigong and he utilizes it, it will certainly magnify his moral and virtuous spirit and empower his actions.

The very best answer to your question is given by the great philosopher Mencius during one of those cyclical peaks of popularity of Taoist cultivation in ancient China, when lots and lots of people in places high and low were go gonzo over Taoist holistic health practices: martial arts, qigong, etc.:

"Do not seek in your vitality (your health-preserving, longevity exercises) what you do not find in your heart."

Best,

Sifu Terry

"Do not seek in your vitality (your health-preserving, longevity exercises) what you do not find in your heart."

AWESOME WORDS!!!!

Added another clip to the youtube channel mixture of YKM and BFP forms...

Will love to pick your brain on many things, Chat soon Sihing!

regards

Garry

AWESOME WORDS!!!!

Added another clip to the youtube channel mixture of YKM and BFP forms...

Will love to pick your brain on many things, Chat soon Sihing!

regards

Garry

Sifu Garry,

Thanks for the corroboration on the wise words of Mencius.

I just viewed your Short Forms Demo Pt.2. Wonderful, solid kung-fu.

Was the first form (facing viewer) a YKM form? The opening looked very similar to what I learned aeons ago as YKM "Small Cross." (I also noticed it had a drop-to-knee take-down technique that you demonstrated in another clip shot in your studio.)

And what was the last form in which you show (briefly) several symmetrical hand techniques in crane stance?

Looking forward to chatting sometime soon on Skype or phone perhaps. Maybe towards end of next week or so, after I get clear of unexpected buzz around my recent business affairs.

Your extensive offerings through your WBBM website is very impressive and I'm sure absolutely top-notch in quality.

Be well.

Terry

Hi Lloyd,

Answer: No.

Developing virtue--which to me is the same as morality-- is purely a function of a person's free will.

If a person is not virtuous or moral, practicing Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong--or anything else--is not going to make him a virtuous or moral person.

And if a person chooses to be virtuous, he will do virtuous deeds and life a virtuous life. If by chance he comes upon something as rare as Flying Phoenix Qigong and he utilizes it, it will certainly magnify his moral and virtuous spirit and empower his actions.

The very best answer to your question is given by the great philosopher Mencius during one of those cyclical peaks of popularity of Taoist cultivation in ancient China, when lots and lots of people in places high and low were go gonzo over Taoist holistic health practices: martial arts, qigong, etc.:

Best,

Sifu Terry

Thanks for your thoughtful response Sifu Terry. Agree - AWESOME WORDS from Mencius!

What's interesting is that we agreed there is a power in virtue. Also, there is a strong energy in qigong. However, these are not necessarily related.

People can have the power from virtue without ever practicing qigong. And to your comments above, if a person is not virtuous then practicing qigong will not make him virtuous.

However, if a person is virtuous and practices a powerful qigong, like FP, then there is a magnifying effect.

Very strong Sifu, thanks.

Lloyd

Yes, the 1st opening section is Sup Jee Kuen aka small cross or Sui Sup Jee Kuen. The Middle is BFP hand set (small tiger) and the last opening I show is the Famous Mung fu Chut lam (Fierce tiger exits the forest) that is in YKM and CLC Bak Mei Pai.

regards

Garry

Let me know when you like to skype will be much cheaper than the phone line? :)

sifu terry,

is it possible to master flying phoenix by practicing with the dvds? or at least develop enough to teach it?

Hello Healerman,

Depending on one's natural ability and background in Qigong and internal arts, and one's alchemic "compatability" with Flying Phoenix Qigong, it is possible to attain high proficiency in the basic level of the FP Qigong system from working with the DVD instruction. (And by high proficiency, I mean that a practitioner can demonstrate healing and rejuvenating effects on others by touch). However, there are advanced levels of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system that require the in-person instruction and supervision of a bona fide master of that system.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Hello Healerman,

Depending on one's natural ability and background in Qigong and internal arts, and one's alchemic "compatability" with Flying Phoenix Qigong, it is possible to attain high proficiency in the basic level of the FP Qigong system from working with the DVD instruction. (And by high proficiency, I mean that a practitioner can demonstrate healing and rejuvenating effects on others by touch). However, there are advanced levels of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system that require the in-person instruction and supervision of a bona fide master of that system.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

cool. are there any masters in the pittsburgh area?