Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

More on FP - Ive convinced my mother to start FP - so this is her third day - shes feeling the energy but shes new to qigong

HOWEVER - my little sister has x-ray vision through the light of her shen... she says when my mother does FP all around her becomes a LIGHT SKY BLUE COLOR

THis is just further proof how Flying Phoenix is one of its kind -

CELESTIAL CHI IS CORRECT!

Oh and the comment of FP energy completely over-riding any energy that in the system while your doing the meditations - yes i remember when i did the form posted by GMDW on youtube, the healing qi completely filled my energy field and made it very light and ethereal - which was a shocker the first time i did it because it had compeltely chaged what i had been doing a couple hours before

But i would like to ask - since FP is such an amazing high level system cultivating a heavenly chi and working with brain alchemy, does it in time restore the power of heaven in the body itself , ie with a battery in the dantian that never goes away or dissipates?

I am also asking since FP is a taoist art right?

Hello Jascha / Kasuku,

Thank you so much for your report of your mother's recent start of FP Qigong practice and of your sister's x-ray Shen-seeing of your mother's energy aura when she practices FP Qigong! Your sister through you has given one of the very few confirmations--besides my own--that the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy is a luminous sky-blue that's visible to the human eye (and as I've stated several times, will even show up on a video camera!) . Just imagine how much your little sister's Shen and super-vision will improve if she practiced the FP Qigong! I highly encourage FP practice for all those who have gifts of perception.

Oh and the comment of FP energy completely over-riding any energy that in the system while your doing the meditations - yes i remember when i did the form posted by GMDW on youtube, the healing qi completely filled my energy field and made it very light and ethereal - which was a shocker the first time i did it because it had compeltely chaged what i had been doing a couple hours before.

Yes, you felt it the way everyone else feels it--light, ethereal but deeply healing. the onset of the FP energy can be quite a startling but still an oh-so-pleasant revelation. Congrats on having experienced the deeply penetrating and all-enveloping FP Healing Energy.

But i would like to ask - since FP is such an amazing high level system cultivating a heavenly chi and working with brain alchemy, does it in time restore the power of heaven in the body itself , ie with a battery in the dantian that never goes away or dissipates?

Answer: It depends on what you mean by "power of heaven". If you mean the power to give life or to continue life by staving off decrepitude and death in oneself and others, then I would actually say Yes. The Chinese name of the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations is "Fei Feng San Gung", in which "San Gung" means "heavenly healing spiritual work"--and all FP practitioners eventually experience that the FP heavenly energy works so sublimely that it seems quite supernatural.

But if you mean "immortality" by what you describe as "i.e., with a battery in the dantian that never goes away or dissipates", there is nothing on earth that can guarantee that because a person's choices and actions in life--if they are wrong and foolish-- can cause energy in the "battery" (dantien and all energy centers of the body) to be dissipated and wasted--and the channel to the Heavenly Source of Healing Power to be broken. Even that cultivated and exercised by a high master. Again "immortality" is not a function of solely of mastering yogic practice--but is bestowed by Heaven for one's Works.

What you described as the "restoring of heavenly power within the body itself" is a good expression of the purpose and true effect of the Flying Phoenix Qigong. FP Qigong cultivates the alignment of the body, mind, and spirit with the Universe so that the FP Heavenly Power manifests in self-healing and then flows abundantly through the individual to heal others. And as simple as it sounds, all it takes to get to this threshold is the correct practice of the exercises in the Chi Kung For Health DVD series.

All Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Daoist Monk FDD Had a vision of a goddess doesnt mention what one or culture, like Kuan Yin found in Daoism and Buddhism and different names in India, Tibet could be same for all???!!!!

I've also wondered about this. For instance, would chanting to the Egyptian sun god not bless one in the same way as chanting to the Incan sun god? Sometimes I've read warnings about mixing traditions, like the gods might be angry. I really can't say, but I never would have come to that conclusion on my own! Seems superficial.

I'm a bit confused right now... :blink:

I've tried, as an experiment, to do standing meditations without the breathing sequence at the start. In this manner I can more clearly see the purpose of the breath control sequence.

Well, for me the immediate effects (tingling, liquid sensations in the body, ecc..) that I usually feel are still present

So, assuming that without the breath sequence FP energy doesn't start, is it possible that I have mistaken normal feelings with something caused by FP energy (maybe doing the breath sequence in a wrong way)?

Or is it that the residual FP energy actived the previous day, still present itself with body movments/postures?

• Like 1

Hello Jascha,

Thank you so much for your report of your mother's recent start of FP Qigong practice and of your sister's x-ray Shen-seeing of your mother's energy aura when she practices FP Qigong! Your sister through you has given one of the very few confirmations--besides my own--that the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy is a luminous sky-blue that's visible to the human eye (and as I've stated several times, will even show up on a video camera!) . Just imagine how much your little sister's Shen and super-vision will improve if she practiced the FP Qigong! I highly encourage FP practice for all those who have gifts of perception.

FP is just something else - she my sister will definitely be practicing the FP - ill video tape the practice in a couple of months.

Yes, you felt it the way everyone else feels it--light, ethereal but deeply healing. the onset of the FP energy can be quite a startling but still an oh-so-pleasant revelation. Congrats on having experienced the deeply penetrating and all-enveloping FP Healing Energy.

Yes more 'healing' and deep than most cultivation systems

Answer: It depends on what you mean by "power of heaven". If you mean the power to give life or to continue life by staving off decrepitude and death in oneself and others, then I would actually say Yes. The Chinese name of the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations is "Fei Feng San Gung", in which "San Gung" means "heavenly healing spiritual work"--and all FP practitioners eventually experience that the FP heavenly energy works so sublimely that it seems quite supernatural.

But if you mean "immortality" by what you describe as "i.e., with a battery in the dantian that never goes away or dissipates", there is nothing on earth that can guarantee that because a person's choices and actions in life--if they are wrong and foolish-- can cause energy in the "battery" (dantien and all energy centers of the body) to be dissipated and wasted--and the channel to the Heavenly Source of Healing Power to be broken. Even that cultivated and exercised by a high master. Again "immortality" is not a function of solely of mastering yogic practice--but is bestowed by Heaven for one's Works.

What you described as the "restoring of heavenly power within the body itself" is a good expression of the purpose and true effect of the Flying Phoenix Qigong. FP Qigong cultivates the alignment of the body, mind, and spirit with the Universe so that the FP Heavenly Power manifests in self-healing and then flows abundantly through the individual to heal others. And as simple as it sounds, all it takes to get to this threshold is the correct practice of the exercises in the Chi Kung For Health DVD series.

All Best,

Sifu Terry

Thank you very much for your very insightful and interesting answer Sifu Terry. Not many systems cultivate a heavenly qi - i also was asking cause ive heard many stories about bringing organisms back to life with the healing heavenly qi of the bak fu pai...

We all are connected to heavens energy like it or not, the name heavenly is a meaning for a an advance practice as well the Flying Phoenix is within Taoism & chinese culture. Heaven, earth. man as one!

Breath percentage works on the ratios of fire and water alchemy within BFP.

• Like 1

I've tried, as an experiment, to do standing meditations without the breathing sequence at the start. In this manner I can more clearly see the purpose of the breath control sequence.

Well, for me the immediate effects (tingling, liquid sensations in the body, ecc..) that I usually feel are still present

So, assuming that without the breath sequence FP energy doesn't start, is it possible that I have mistaken normal feelings with something caused by FP energy (maybe doing the breath sequence in a wrong way)?

Or is it that the residual FP energy actived the previous day, still present itself with body movments/postures?

I like your experiment .. I do something similar ... for instance I do the long form in mirror image. It seems quite interesting to see what happens when one doesn't close the eyes, especially for me in the beginning. I realized that my 'inner ear' based balance had deteriorated, quite the normal process for an older person experience. So I opened my eyes as I did the postures requiring standing on one leg or bending backward. Gradually my inner ear balance recovered enough to allow doing the entire form with eyes closed, although from time to time I sense the balance is less precise depending on inner ear only.

Occasionally, I do any meditation looking in the mirror or without the breath sequence in order to check my posture and motions with the dvd or just to do it that way! I always feel the energy flowing. It is true that I adhere as closely as possible to the instruction most of the time. The cumulative effect continues to make each exercise richer in the long run even as postures occasionally seem to plateau within a given period of time.

I still seem to have some stiffness (probably arthritis) in my neck and I include a little turning of the head in some of the postures and motions. I do notice some head/neck motion in Sifu Dunn's demos, though not much turning. I attribute the gradual reduction in tension and stiffness in the neck to my gentle turning left and right during practice.

When you are in the beginning stage of learning tai chi or qi gong, certainly concentrate on following the dvd, or instructor as closely as possible, Listen to your body very attentively, there is much to discover. Keep an accepting attitude,

Peas please

• Like 1

Hello Pitisuhka,

Ridingtheox offers sage advice. Practice the FP Qigong meditations diligently as they are presented on the DVD series. Listen carefully inwardly as you practice. You will come to know the importance of the breath-control sequences without having to experiment and do the postures without them.

You have not practiced the FP Qigong or any other valid system of Qigong long enough to be able to discern the effects of the postures and postures plus movements minus the breathing method (in the case of FP, its breath-control sequences). At this state, you are (1) diluting the effects of the FP Medittions by doing the postures without the breathing and (2) only causing yourself confusion by experimenting with the FP Meditations--without having the benefit of having fully cutivated the reserve or superabundance of FP Healing Energy--which I have said again and again, does not take decades and decades to cultivate--but a relatively short time compared to all other Qigong systems that I am familiar with, including those other systems that I teach.

I would suggest that you hold off on your experiment for a good 9-12 months, practice all the FP Exercises in Volumes 1 through 4 on a basis during those 9-12 months. And after that much practice, then do your experiment to discern the role and importance of the breathing formulas.

As Lloyd McClelland (Fu_doggy) accurately surmised on page of of this thread, the FP breathing formulas are the "secret sauce" that coupled with the postures and movements, generate the profoundly energizing and rejuvenating effects that everyone experiences and remarks about.

And as I suggested in the first year of the thread, after you've established the basic level of FP Qigong in your life, try this experiment: Do only the breath-control sequence of any of the FP Meditations that you've done for 9+ months (try "Monk Holding Peach" or "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" for starters) and note what you experience.

Good luck.

Sifu Terry

• Like 3

absolutely agree w/ Sifu on postponing doing the meditations without breath sequence until you have the basics well established. i did not mean to imply otherwise. I do play with the forms, verifying that i am keeping to the processes in various ways and trying to observe, to listen to what transpires. But the demonstrated practice is still the overwhelming majority of my daily routines.

Likewise I did not do mirror image Tai Chi Chuan until I had been doing the Yang long form for several (5 years). Some teacher mentioned that possibility at a workshop ( thrty years ago).

Hope I have not introduced a misleading take on the earlier post rather people see it as my own experience and reflections on the amazing health / energy benefits I have internalized.

thanks

charle

• Like 1

thanks Sifu Terry for suggestion!

Don't worry Charle, I understand what you and sifu intend :)

Just wonder if there is a way to know if the breath control sequence is done correctly, actually I'm doing all the breath control sequence part fully filling and fully emptying (when counting ten potatoes) unlike the breath during the movment/posture hold when I do say 70% in, 70%out (natural breathing)

Edited by pitisukha

actually I'm doing all the breath control sequence part fully filling and fully emptying (when counting ten potatoes) unlike the breath during the movment/posture hold when I do say 70% in, 70%out (natural breathing)

There would be a time that you that might find yourself breathing "very" fully but still your body and breath is (very) relaxed. Happening in deep maditation but it does happen to my FP MSW practice too. If you get into that point your near this, very penetrating eyes, I was talking about.

Just continue your practice and enjoy. :)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

I have followed a training schedule since September 5 of practicing Qigong, Tai Chi, and Kung Fu for 4 hours every morning and 3 to 4 hours in the evenings--outside of teaching hours. After starting this morning as I do every morning with the highest Tao Tan Pai Neigung exercise that requires a minimum of 50 minutes, I followed an order of practice that I had done about a four times previously: I spent one hour practicing all nine of the Advanced Flying Phoenix Standing Meditations that have not been published followed by 75 minutes practicing all of the "basic" standing Flying Phoenix Meditations that are taught on Volumes 1, 3 and 4 of the Chi Kung For Health DVD series. Then I practiced for one hour Yang Tai Chi Chuan forms (60 and 108, and sword).

This fifth time following this order of practice confirmed for me Sifu Hearfield's assessment given to me long ago that the 9 Advanced FP Meditations constitute a "spiritual martial art". One qualification of this practice as a spiritual martial art that I can relay here is that certain martial postures in the Advanced FP Meditations have the same fine effect as mudras. The sublimity of the the martial Qi cultivated and channeled by the Advanced FP Standing Meditations --just like the powerfully soft, light and transformative FP Healing Energy cultivated and channeled through the "basic" meditations--is indeed "Celestial Chi" (as exclaimed by Kasuku in Post #2597) --and not carnal in nature--if one has properly practiced the Basic FP Meditation System. This fact has tremendous implications for practitioners who progress to learning this level of the FP art.

But first things first. Speaking of mastering the Basic FP Celestial Healing Meditation System and getting back to solid practice: I am waiting reports of practitioners' experiences with the standing moving FP meditations: "Wind Through Treetops", "Wind Above the Clouds", "Moonbeam Splashes on Water", and especially the Long Form Standing FP Med: "Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation" on Volume 4.

Just a helpful reminder to all practitioners who have been doing just Vols. 1 and 2 Meditations for one year to 1.5 year: it is time to start practicing the moving FP Meditations in Volumes 3 and 4.

For I would like nothing better than to eventually start teaching the Advanced FP Meditations to those who have mastered the "Basic" level of the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. FP practitioners who wish to get instruction, correction, any type guidance in Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, and have me review of their proficiency in FP Chi Kung can arrange online private tutorials through Skype and Facebook with me. Just contact me through PM to arrange at time.

For reasons that I will thoroughly explain in my forthcoming book on FP Qigong, the Advanced FP Level is best learned in person. One reason is that the Forms are very subtle and some are long and complex (too complex to instruct on video). The other related reason is that Form correction is essential in learning the Advanced exercises. And in order for me to test a practitioner's proficiency, I must be in proximity to see and feel the quality of his/her FP energy.

But the "not-so-basic" Basic level of the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Kung can be learned effectively through the DVD series, as thousands of people have pleasantly discovered.

So good practicing to all and please tell everyone here how your Wind feels Above the Clouds and how your Moonbeam is Splashing on the Water.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

I'd love to learn the advanced standing meditation from you eventually, Sifu.

I'm currently working on volumes 1 - 3 and I do some of 7 when I have time.

Regarding Wind Through the Treetops and Moonbeam Splashes on Water:

These meditations are very quieting to the mind. I usually save them for last in my standing practice, right before I do seated practice, in order to get the most out of my MSW meditations. I remember that the first time through Moonbeam, I immediately sensed a tangible, heavenly energy rising up in me upon completion of the breath control. This wasn't as quite as strong with Treetops, probably because this sequence requires a little more physical endurance up front IMO. After practicing for a few weeks, I could feel that special energy guiding me.

I've benefited the most in my practice of volume 1, as a result of practicing 3. I feel like I understand much more about letting the energy guide me in BTB and even the static meditations now that I've seen how the celestial energy is there to guide one through the more advanced meditations.

A noticeable benefit in daily life is my range of motion. I've mentioned before that I had a spinal fusion surgery when I was a teenager, which significantly reduced my ROM. Much of this is mental or neural, however, and Moonbeam has taught me a lot about the importance of total body relaxation in rotating my torso (I can probably rotate about as much as the average person now (w/o qigong/yoga training) -- before, a fluid rotation of 45 degrees wasn't so straightforward :closedeyes:). I've also begun to understand motion of the shoulder blades and arms, especially as I've been practicing MSW 4 (50 20 10). And I honestly feel like I've only just begun to tap into the healing power of these meditations.

I took a sneak peak at volume 4 last week and it looks amazing. Can't wait to get into it.

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 4

I'd love to learn the advanced standing meditation from you eventually, Sifu.

I'm currently working on volumes 1 - 3 and I do some of 7 when I have time.

Regarding Wind Through the Treetops and Moonbeam Splashes on Water:

These meditations are very quieting to the mind. I usually save them for last in my standing practice, right before I do seated practice, in order to get the most out of my MSW meditations. I remember that the first time through Moonbeam, I immediately sensed a tangible, heavenly energy rising up in me upon completion of the breath control. This wasn't as quite as strong with Treetops, probably because this sequence requires a little more physical endurance up front IMO. After practicing for a few weeks, I could feel that special energy guiding me.

I've benefited the most in my practice of volume 1, as a result of practicing 3. I feel like I understand much more about letting the energy guide me in BTB and even the static meditations now that I've seen how the celestial energy is there to guide one through the more advanced meditations.

A noticeable benefit in daily life is my range of motion. I've mentioned before that I had a spinal fusion surgery when I was a teenager, which significantly reduced my ROM. Much of this is mental or neural, however, and Moonbeam has taught me a lot about the importance of total body relaxation in rotating my torso (I can probably rotate about as much as the average person now (w/o qigong/yoga training) -- before, a fluid rotation of 45 degrees wasn't so straightforward :closedeyes:). I've also begun to understand motion of the shoulder blades and arms, especially as I've been practicing MSW 4 (50 20 10). And I honestly feel like I've only just begun to tap into the healing power of these meditations.

I took a sneak peak at volume 4 last week and it looks amazing. Can't wait to get into it.

Hello Alles-,

Very glad to hear that you're keen in progressing to the Advanced Flying Phoenix Exercises. It's only a matter of time and diligent practice.

Thanks for your progress report. I am very gratified to hear you've found that "Wind Through Treetops" and "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" are very quieting of the mind. The wonderful thing that encourage all to discover is that when you practice several FP Meditations at a time, the mental quiescence goes deeper and deeper and deeper with each successive FP Meditation--regardless of what order you practice them. Again, the cumulative effect of the FP Energy cultivation that I've mentioned since the start of this thread.

I remember that the first time through Moonbeam, I immediately sensed a tangible, heavenly energy rising up in me upon completion of the breath control. This wasn't as quite as strong with Treetops, probably because this sequence requires a little more physical endurance up front IMO. After practicing for a few weeks, I could feel that special energy guiding me.

Excellent observation!--and the point that I was trying to make with my suggestion to Pitisuhka in my post #2609 at the top of this page!! : If you do the "Moonbeam" breath control sequence--90 60 50 20--after having correctly established the preceding 6 basic standing FP Meditations, you will feel the FP energy arise just with just the breathing sequence!!! So thank you for reporting this demonstrable and repeatable characteristic of each and every one of the FP Meditations--"Moonbeam Splashes on Water" in your case.

Yes! Once you are able to do the moving meditations in a frictionless manner--meaning efforltessly--you are in the state of being guided by the greater emanation--the macrocosmic FP Energy Flow. The "trunk" of FP energy as GM Doo Wai would call it.

Very glad to hear that the FP seated meds like MSW #4 is having some healing effect on your old injury and surgery on your spinal fusion and has increased your mobility and range of motion. Yes, you have just scratched the surface of the healing physiological effects of the FPCK system. Keep doing 50 20 10 and the others (like 80 70 50 30) and all the MSW meditations on Vol.7 will together have greater relaxing and SUBLIMELY INTEGRATING effect as well as align you with the macrocosmic FP Flow that guides. You are a perfect candidate to experience the power of FP healing energy on a long-existing injury.

More about what comes with "frictionless" FP practice: It is truly a wonderful and marvelous state to practice this FP High Yoga to the point where you cannot tell whether it is you doing it or the it --the macrocosmic "trunk" of FP energy--is doing you. This is the yogically facilitated experiencial state in which all duality dissolves away. That experiential state in which you feel exactly and know exactly what Lao Tzu , Chuang Tzu and later Taoists were feeling and knowing when they wrote their paradoxical ditties about the Tao, Ultimate Reality:

The vitalities of Heaven and Earth, sun and moon, are fundamentally inherent in our bodies.

If reality and consciousness do not stray from each other,

Creation is always in the palm of your hand.

--Chang Po-Tuan, Inner Teachings of Taoism--

--And this, in my book, is the best functional description of "frictionless" and best expression of the real meaning of kung-fu that has ever been expressed by a non-Chinese:

Consciousness is a symptom of dis-ease.

All that move well moves without will.

All skillfulness, all strain, all intention is contrary to ease.

Practice a thousand times, and it becomes difficult;

A thousand thousand, and it becomes easy;

a thousand thousand times a thousand thousand,

and it is no longer Thou that doeth it, but It that doeth itself through thee.

Not until then is that which is done well done.

-- Aleister Crowley, 1913, Ordo Templi Orientis

• You'll get to it soon enough, Alles.

From this point forward, I look forward to teaching refinements of the Long Standing FP Med. now that I've been doing it for 22 years.

Thank you for your post, Alleswasderfallist.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

For me this week is the last of a 6 weeks cicle of first 3 standing and first 3 sitting meditations, a interesting thing is that althought in the beginning BTB was quite difficult for me now is the more enjoyable of the 3 standing.

At the same time I've started learning first two sections of dvd 4.

Next week I'll start another 6 weeks cicle of 3 standing/3 sitting, so in the DVD order

Monk holding pearl

Wind above clouds

Wing through treetops

MSW1

MSW2

MSW3

or maybe I'll do four standing with Moonbeam splashes on the water.

So maybe after this cicle I can tell something about those meditations

Sifu Terry,

Do you plan to come to Europe in the near future? (Maybe Italy? :P) Please let me know if this is the case.

Also, I can't wait for that book, do you have a release date?

For me this week is the last of a 6 weeks cicle of first 3 standing and first 3 sitting meditations, a interesting thing is that althought in the beginning BTB was quite difficult for me now is the more enjoyable of the 3 standing.

At the same time I've started learning first two sections of dvd 4.

Next week I'll start another 6 weeks cicle of 3 standing/3 sitting, so in the DVD order

Monk holding pearl

Wind above clouds

Wing through treetops

MSW1

MSW2

MSW3

or maybe I'll do four standing with Moonbeam splashes on the water.

So maybe after this cicle I can tell something about those meditations

Sifu Terry,

Do you plan to come to Europe in the near future? (Maybe Italy? :P) Please let me know if this is the case.

Also, I can't wait for that book, do you have a release date?

Hi Pitisuhka,

Your FP training agenda looks fine. I'm so glad to hear that you got through the initial difficulties and "hitches" in doing Bending the Bows. That exercise is the first moving meditation in the FP system and actually most important and beneficial for beginners. Continue to practice it. If you regularly do Bending the Bows in sets of 18 repetitions, all the other FP Meditations--standing and seated-- will open up for you.

I would love to do a tour of FP workshops throughout Europe. There are a few FP practitioners in U.K., France, Germany, and now Italy. If you organize one in Italy, I will come. I have a number of Tai Chi for Health and Tai Chi Ruler DVD practitioners in Italy as well.

No release date for the FP Chi Kung book yet. It's about 80% complete. But I keep thinking of more chapters to add to its preface and introduction. But I will let you know when I do set a date.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

As Lloyd McClelland (Fu_doggy) accurately surmised on page of of this thread, the FP breathing formulas are the "secret sauce" that coupled with the postures and movements, generate the profoundly energizing and rejuvenating effects that everyone experiences and remarks about.

Actually, I don't think you want to use the term "secret sauce" to describe anything in FP, since it is a sarcastic term that means - a marketing gimmick of naming an ordinary ingredient in a pretentious way. :) (Quote from a famous movie: "So what is the Secret Sauce at the burger chain where you work?" "Thousand Island Dressing")

Perhaps a better word is "catalyst" (and goes better with the "alchemy" theme).

• Like 1

To me, secret sauce just means esoteric and essential ingredient - like a special recipe that keeps people coming back for more, wondering how it works as they enjoy it. I don't think there's anything inherently pretentious about it.

• Like 1

To me, secret sauce just means esoteric and essential ingredient - like a special recipe that keeps people coming back for more, wondering how it works as they enjoy it.

People hear a phrase and they don't understand the context and then they repeat it without the context. Then, as it is repeated, more people do not know the original context.

Sometimes this makes the phrase take a new meaning entirely. For example, "you go girl" was originally only said by one male to another. As time wore on, people like Oprah decided they liked it, and so now it is something said by one female to another. Most people are unaware of the original context.

However, in the case of "secret sauce", fast food restaurants are continuing to expand throughout the world, so the original context continues to be widely known.

By the way, "secret recipe" is an older phrase that does not have a connotation of a marketing gimmick.

Shakespeare used plenty of phrases out of original context to express something poetically. Language is living because meaning is defined by usage. Would you really correct someone saying "you go girl" to a female and tell them that it ought to apply only to males?

But this is really pointless talk - I think anyone who has practiced FPCK knows that the breathing sequences are something special. If someone's really going to skip the breathing sequences, thinking they're comparable to the 'secret sauce' at Jack in the Box, maybe this is an example of the divine intelligence choosing who practices and who doesn't? I don't know. Language purism is a pointless cause to me. :wacko:

• Like 1

Shakespeare used plenty of phrases out of original context to express something poetically. Language is living because meaning is defined by usage. Would you really correct someone saying "you go girl" to a female and tell them that it ought to apply only to males?

I think you are "projecting" a straw man. You just repeated the same thing that I said.

The original point is that "secret sauce" generally means a marketing gimmick, and that the usage has not changed ( unlike the second example, which is why it was there ).

...If someone's really going to skip the breathing sequences, thinking they're comparable to the 'secret sauce' at Jack in the Box...

More projection, no one suggested that. (And, in fact, if anyone were to feel any lack of coincidence, they would skip the whole thing.)

You are taking this whole thing far too seriously, it was just a bit of FYI for Terry...

Edited by Coaster

I think you are "projecting" a straw man. You just repeated the same thing that I said.

The original point is that "secret sauce" generally means a marketing gimmick, and that the usage has not changed ( unlike the second example, which is why it was there ).

More projection, no one suggested that. (And, in fact, if anyone were to feel any lack of coincidence, they would skip the whole thing.)

You are taking this whole thing far too seriously, it was just a bit of FYI for Terry...

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding! I didn't mean to be a contrarian, just wanted to say that I liked the 'secret sauce' metaphor. Happy practicing.

In spite of the misunderstandings at time on this blog I am impressed how people handle the disputes eventually like gentlemen.

Considering how much values and standards seem to have lessened over the decades since I have been on this planet, I am now wondering if gentleman is still in use, or if it's original meaning is known by many?

My real point is that I have been on some other blogs and the way people treat each other there is really juvenile and anger filled with battles between egos and showing off knowledge, etc. So this Flying Phoenix thread is really well done with respect being prevalent.

• Like 2

This is a question for Terry (who is hopefully still monitoring the thread).

Early in the thread, you state:

... in terms of imparting tangible healing energy that just accumulates and build and builds in your system with regular practice.

My question is kind of philosophical or academic... This "energy" that builds in ones system, what is the source of it ?

Please note this is not skeptical, it is just a request for clarification. In other words, no "gotcha" involved. :)

(Almost all information on this topic seems to be solely concerned with results, which is understandable, considering that healing is a very important result to be concerned with.)