Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I always do the entire vol1 in the morning and entire vol2 in the evening so I think there's nothing wrong with your schedule,Eugene

Hey TaijiCat, does MSW #3 from volume 2 ever keep you up at night? After practicing FP for a little while, I became unable to do that one too late in the day.

I always do the entire vol1 in the morning and entire vol2 in the evening so I think there's nothing wrong with your schedule,Eugene

I think I was wrong I added some another qigong and yoga. Body does not need so much energy. It made me more agitated. Not clear intent. And may be it was too much for me. Wanting much having less. I talked to someone recently who is indoor student of GMDW. He said in my case better to balance body and mind by only sitting in SYG1. And I was said it is good to ad little of FP as it is light healing energy. But only little. I did 3 hours of FP + another qigong + SYG . Wrong. And as I said I feel SYG1 is very

grounding for me. That's what I need and think to continue with.

Hey TaijiCat, does MSW #3 from volume 2 ever keep you up at night? After practicing FP for a little while, I became unable to do that one too late in the day.

Haha you should have seen me after I did it for the first time :-) I even started doing pushups that night to exhaust myself.But then I discoverd that if I do MSW3 as the first(or second) med for a particular session and do it relatively faster than the other med's it didn't have the double espresso effect.But I don't think its necessary to modify the order or speed, so I guess I should start doing it in the morning.

• Like 4

Your right. It was discussed few times already. This is just my karmic nature. All people are different. I am too agitated and anxious. Thus I need something one. I wanted few at the same time.

Earlier you said you're not 100% honest. Actually I find your attitude extremely honest. It's very obvious to me that you really expect truth from your practice. We all have our faults - I'm sure a lot of mine are obvious in my posts. That can be discouraging. However, as Jesus taught, if we have faith like a mustard seed, we will move mountains!

• Like 1

Haha you should have seen me after I did it for the first time :-) I even started doing pushups that night to exhaust myself.But then I discoverd that if I do MSW3 as the first(or second) med for a particular session and do it relatively faster than the other med's it didn't have the double espresso effect.But I don't think its necessary to modify the order or speed, so I guess I should start doing it in the morning.

sounds like you have some qi aptitude, you're lucky :) keep it up! it's great to have one more perspective on the benefits of the system.

Earlier you said you're not 100% honest. Actually I find your attitude extremely honest. It's very obvious to me that you really expect truth from your practice. We all have our faults - I'm sure a lot of mine are obvious in my posts. That can be discouraging. However, as Jesus taught, if we have faith like a mustard seed, we will move mountains!

I wanted to post something clever but I won't.

Edited by Antares

Taiji_cat,

Hahahaha. I'm glad you and and alleswasderfallist have discovered and confirmed for yourselves the double expresso effect of MSW Med. with breathing 90 80 50 20. I recently suggested to ridingtheox that he do that particular MSW mediation before he takes any of his long drives from eastern Arizona To Redlands to see his daughter. And the effect is much more than a double expresso if you're a compulsive thinker as was/is a friend of mine in Paris in 1995 when I gave him the first VHS tape teaching the MSW mediations: he was up tossing and turning all night, absolutely miserable, cursing my name, and totally exhausted the next day. So now everyone has heard it from you two as well as myself: practice MSW 90 80 50 20 early in the day unless you have something against sleep!

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

I made it a point to do Flying Phoenix last night during the time of the big, bright "super moon".

I started at 11 PM. I must say the energetic effects of FP were greatly magnified. Especially (as the name of the position would have it) when holding Monk Gazes at Moon.

Anyone else?

Edited by Fu_doggy
  • Like 1

Good practice schedule, Taiji_cat!

It's gratifying for me to hear from people like you that you are using the DVD programs this way in daily practice.

It really doesn't take that much time--especially if one is a meditator or already has Qigong experience.

For all the Meditaitons of Volumes 1 and 2 can be done in shorter durations totally 90 minutes or less.

Keep us abreast of your progress and discoveries!

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Good practice schedule, Taiji_cat!

For all the Meditaitons of Volumes 1 and 2 can be done in shorter durations totally 90 minutes or less.

Sifu Terry

It takes me about 12-15 minutes normally to complete each med on vol.1. And 15-20 on vol.2.

Now I decided to do numbers 1,2 and 4 from vol.1 following by 2 MSW+warm up meds . It takes about 1 hour 45 minutes. I believe it is better to spend more time for each med to allow it to light on alchemical process. Just my opinion/query.

• Like 1

A few nights ago I was doing some energy work which I usually do not do close to bedtime but that is when I had to do it bc it was an online energy transmission. I always try to do the Big Sleeper on FP vol. before bed but that night I was just too tired so I went to bed without. I went to bed but was unable to fall asleep which is very rare, so after a long time of this I just sat up and did 50 20 10 and that is all I remember since when I finished I went right to sleep. I'm glad there is always a yin for every yang!

Steve - good story... the Big Sleeper will do the trick!

Also I have found if my time is limited at night, either 50 30 10 or the very first MSW meditation really smooths my energy, calms my mind and helps me sleep soundly. Those two are not as effective as the Big Sleeper, but for me they still work pretty well.

Eugene, good that you sticking with one practice like FP! :)e

Just was discussing it with someone else in PM... I think it is important to realize that certain practice has certain alchemy and mix might create what they call straying of chi. I can recall myself few years ago. I used to mix 2 types of yoga and qigong + MA. Only now I realized how I was sick. Now I think that it is not about how many methods but one method in legit lineage. And commitment to it. Even there people want to mix sometime. This creates confusion. Ego wants more and straightaway. Some people mix methods of different lineages. Some people think that they should add microcosmic orbit or anything else from books like Mantek Chia. I don't think it useful anymore. It can only exhaust energy. And slowdown efficiency of the lineage method one should stick with. This is one of the common mistakes I think.

kpDVC.jpg

Thank you GM Doo Wai for those awesome systems

Thank you Sifu Terry

Thank you Sifu Garry

:)

• Like 4

I just wonder if there any historical data on the Doo family and methods? When I mention the system people asking sometime and doubt the lineage and system and I do not know what to answer. They say if it is not described in Dao Zhan then it's new age stuff and lineage is not legit. I am not that much interested in history rather than in efficiency of the system but nevertheless it would be interesting to know more about any historical data. Garry mentioned something of the Wudang roots of the BFSYG. And only I know that FP was created by FDD during his travelling throughout China and Tibet and has some yogic influence and different alchemy from SYG. SYG seems to have more purely Taoist alchemy and FP is different in some ways. Sifu Terry mentioned earlier that FP does not rely on Taoist map but suits well the theory of the Book of Changes.

Some people PM and ask me about system. Guys, I dunno. You can ask your questions here. I have very small experience in SYG and I can't say I am expert in FP. But I would advise to begin with one method and do not mix it with anything else. I think it took me time to understand it. I think these methods first heal all deviations which were in personal karma. Including those ones from wrong methods done before and clears up blockages.

I sleep def better after I left all other methods and stopped mixing things. :)

Eugene: don't worry about only feeling chi in your hands from FP as I have been doing it for over one and a half years now and that is only where I feel the chi but that does not mean it is not having its healing effects on all levels, cellular, organs, brain, subtle bodies, chakras, higher dimensions. I would not judge progress by where we feel the chi. I too need less sleep now and notice my intuition keeps increasing and there are more synchronicities going on and I can manifest desires more quickly. And I don't see any problems doing FP and SYG. But we are of the instant generation. Want faster and faster downloads just like with computers. I see this in myself very clearly. Keep on cultivating the garden, the karmas are being burned just like weeds.

• Like 1

Yes, agree. FP is very subtle and sublime. It does something for me def. I would say I am more total.

And somebody asking me few times in PM about sleep. I say just to add delta waves before sleep. This works VERY VERY cool for me, sometime go to bed at 1 a.m. and wake up at 6 - 7 am. Cant recall when I had bad dream, much less negative emotions.

That's said let's practice and stop indulging!

P.s. I am not sure yet about mixing SYG and FP. I continue stand for one method until it well established. They have diff alchemy.

I would better practice the basics of vol.1 of FP than going for SYG and back and forth... But as you have huge experience in meditation might be it is good for you. FP is huge system. Even there loads of stuff to do.