Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

PRACTICE UPDATE

Over the past month I've been practicing FPCK almost daily. I was practicing the sitting in the morning and the standing in the evening, but I've been mixing it up lately and *trying* to make my morning routine 20 mins each of Monk Holds Pearl, Monk Holds Peach, and Monk Gazes at Moon--in that order. My ideal evening routing would be the three seated warm ups followed by the first Monk Serves Wine, for about ten minutes each.

Of course, life forces me to improvise and I often end up doing the standing in the late afternoon and the sitting in the evening. I have to agree that the morning is the best time. I figured it was because my mind was still half asleep and it was easier for me to relax, but I'm sure there is more to it.

Lately, the practice seems to really be opening up the energy channels in my back and right shoulder. I always experience a lot of spontaneous shifting, twitching, shaking, and twisting while holding the standing meditations. Last night, during my standing practice, I felt something in my stomach let go and then heard a loud, groaning tummy rumble. Almost immediately after (maybe even simultaneously), my body started to sink more and I had more control over my 'tail.' There was more freedom in my hips than I have ever felt before. it was kind of an odd sensation. I felt like I was wearing a diaper or something. That openness in the hips last the rest of the evening, but when I woke up this morning, they felt like they had gotten tight again.

I sometimes count the length of my breath throughout the day. I don't know if its because of the FPCK, or just simply the power of deep breathing, but I've noticed that I start to feel some of the effects just by breathing deeply and counting along with the breath like I do when I practice the FPCK.

Does anyone practice yoga as well as FPCK? I have been practicing Ashtanga the past couple of weeks and I noticed that it seems to have improved my FPCK sessions.

Hi Terry,

Im gonna make some clips of the FP meditations of GMDW level 2 and 3 for you as soon as I can maybe you can bring that to life?

Hope all is well brother??

Sifu Garry :)

Hi Sihing Garry,

Thank you!! I look forward to seeing level 2 and 3 of the FP Meditations and to comparing them with sets of internal exercises that I learned from GM Doo Wai--but which he did not call "Flying Phoenix" during the period when he was teaching our group. As I mentioned back in early 2010 when we first got acquainted on this thread, I have a good number of "free-standing" healing meditations that are not part of any of the other internal systems that GMDW taught me and my friends (10,000 Buddhas, 8 Sections Combined), which I just generally lumped into "Bok Fu Pai". May be your contribution can help me identify/sort out and categorize these free-standing exercises.

I had also produced an old Volume 6 of the CKFH series on VHS cassette way back in 1995 (filmed at Stonehenge, England) that included one advanced FP Meditation...but I withdrew that video from circulation because it was a rough shoot, and I wasn't happy with the production values (or my performance). At any rate, I plan to completely redo this Volume 6, possibly add one or two more exercises to the 5 original ones, and re-issue it hopefully within one year.

But given how much practice the first level of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung offers (in the present six volumes of the Chi Kung For Health and the amount of practice required, and where I see DVD users are at in their practice after answering 2.25 years of questions on this thread, given the substance of their comments and questions on this thread, I conclude that except for the most studious and diligent practitioners (like Fu_Dog in Florida, who has tackled the FPCK Meditations very thoroughly), everyone has more than enough basic instruction in Flying Phoenix in Volumes One through Four alone (as explained by GMDW) that will keep them healthy in body and purified in mind for the rest of their lives, and also enough spiritual Qigong to cultivate the Flying Phoenix healing energy to be able to "bring back"--to use the words of GM Doo Wai. :excl:

I will certainly try, as you say, to "bring to life" any meditations you share that GMDW called Flying Phoenix.

All is well, Brother Garry.

Thanks again.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Sure all meditation and Qi Kung is good for everyone no matter what system, up to the person to find one that resonates with them! :)

GMDW told me there was 18 levels of FP each level contains 9 meditations I believe, thats a damn big system of internal cultivation. :wub:

See if I can get a few done and send to you soon...

Take care

Sifu Garry

• Like 1

I have to bump to all this.

I've been practicing dvd 1 daily every morning for the past 2 months, and I've been feeling more happy, more energy and generally better overall. I try to do all the practices for 10 minutes each, but time depending sometimes I'll just do 3-5 minutes, and it still has an impact.

I've had a lower back on my right side issue and trouble with my right shoulder and I can feel it slowly healing, with increased flexibility and no pain.

Other effects have included having an increased libido, more overall happiness, faster recovery time from working out and exercise and when I'm really charged up it does seem as if the energy jumps off me to heal someone else (like my girlfriend or a close friend).

Thank you Sifu Terry for bringing this, and contributing so much to this thread.

This truly is an amazing practice.

I would love to hear about the higher level practices. Is everything you've provided in your catalog only level 1?

Thanks,

John

PRACTICE UPDATE

Over the past month I've been practicing FPCK almost daily. I was practicing the sitting in the morning and the standing in the evening, but I've been mixing it up lately and *trying* to make my morning routine 20 mins each of Monk Holds Pearl, Monk Holds Peach, and Monk Gazes at Moon--in that order. My ideal evening routing would be the three seated warm ups followed by the first Monk Serves Wine, for about ten minutes each.

Of course, life forces me to improvise and I often end up doing the standing in the late afternoon and the sitting in the evening. I have to agree that the morning is the best time. I figured it was because my mind was still half asleep and it was easier for me to relax, but I'm sure there is more to it.

Lately, the practice seems to really be opening up the energy channels in my back and right shoulder. I always experience a lot of spontaneous shifting, twitching, shaking, and twisting while holding the standing meditations. Last night, during my standing practice, I felt something in my stomach let go and then heard a loud, groaning tummy rumble. Almost immediately after (maybe even simultaneously), my body started to sink more and I had more control over my 'tail.' There was more freedom in my hips than I have ever felt before. it was kind of an odd sensation. I felt like I was wearing a diaper or something. That openness in the hips last the rest of the evening, but when I woke up this morning, they felt like they had gotten tight again.

I sometimes count the length of my breath throughout the day. I don't know if its because of the FPCK, or just simply the power of deep breathing, but I've noticed that I start to feel some of the effects just by breathing deeply and counting along with the breath like I do when I practice the FPCK.

Does anyone practice yoga as well as FPCK? I have been practicing Ashtanga the past couple of weeks and I noticed that it seems to have improved my FPCK sessions.

Hi Green Tiger,

I'm glad to hear that you're experiencing nice healing effects from your FP practice. The schedule that you described and the order of the Standing FP Meditations practice is quite standard and effective. Sometime down the road, you might want to reversse the order of practicing the Basic Standing FP Meds: try Monk Gazing At Moon, Monk Holding Peach, and Monk Holding Pearl...because that activates the 3rd Eye, then the upper and then the lower tan tiens.

And to mix standing and seated meditations in the same session is fine. I also do more seated med's in the evening and more Standing med's in the morning and daytime.

To answer your last question, I don't practice Indian yogas, but I practice and teach another Chinese martial art system called Tao Tan Pai, a Tang Dynasty Taoist tradition that is attributed to Lu Tung Pin, one of and leader of the Eight Taoist Immortals (saints). Tao Tan Pai is a system where its five animal kung fu forms ARE the yoga. As I explained I think in Year One of this thread, having the background in Tao Tan Pai made learning and understanding Flying Phoenix Chi Kung much, much easier. Not that I've mastered either to the extent of GM Share K. Lew or GM Doo Wai, respectively, but the saying goes: "If you truly master one yoga, you've mastered them all."

Continued good luck in your practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Interesting, and many thanks for your time.

I have just ordered the DVDs, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the Flying Phoenix magic !

I've got almost two decades experience in Chi Gong and internal arts, but I think this is going to be very interesting ! :D

Thanks again for spending so much time with this thread.

You're welcome. Glad you're getting started with Flying Phoenix practice!

Edited by zen-bear

I have to bump to all this.

I've been practicing dvd 1 daily every morning for the past 2 months, and I've been feeling more happy, more energy and generally better overall. I try to do all the practices for 10 minutes each, but time depending sometimes I'll just do 3-5 minutes, and it still has an impact.

I've had a lower back on my right side issue and trouble with my right shoulder and I can feel it slowly healing, with increased flexibility and no pain.

Other effects have included having an increased libido, more overall happiness, faster recovery time from working out and exercise and when I'm really charged up it does seem as if the energy jumps off me to heal someone else (like my girlfriend or a close friend).

Thank you Sifu Terry for bringing this, and contributing so much to this thread.

This truly is an amazing practice.

I would love to hear about the higher level practices. Is everything you've provided in your catalog only level 1?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Excellent that you are getting good results from your FP practice in so short a time. The bodily comfort and feelings of being happy, buoyant,light, are all benefits/gifts of Flying Phoenix practice. And as I have said from the get-go, the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung is extremely fast acting and sublime.

"I've been practicing dvd 1 daily every morning for the past 2 months, and I've been feeling more happy, more energy and generally better overall. I try to do all the practices for 10 minutes each, but time depending sometimes I'll just do 3-5 minutes, and it still has an impact."

•Yes, the effects of practicing each one of the Flying Phoenix exercises is cumulative. Thus after practicing on a daily basis for two months and more, you will have built a reserve of the FP healing energy in your body such that when you practice for a much shorter session, or even take a lot of time off and practice after a long hiatus, you will still feel substantial impact and enjoy salient health benefits.

"I've had a lower back on my right side issue and trouble with my right shoulder and I can feel it slowly healing, with increased flexibility and no pain."

•Real pain alleviation is one of the great hallmarks of FP Qigong. Your experience is an indication of real healing taking place.

"Other effects have included having an increased libido, more overall happiness, faster recovery time from working out and exercise..."

•These are all typical, standard effects of Flying Phoenix practice.

"...and when I'm really charged up it does seem as if the energy jumps off me to heal someone else (like my girlfriend or a close friend)."

•The more you practice on a daily basis, and with increasing the length of practice sessions (e.g. up to one hour per session--and not necessary an hour everyday), you will experience this healing energy jump off more dramatically to others around you that you care about, especially loved ones. The stronger your FP healing energy is, the more the lucky recipients "light up" in appreciative amazement when the energy touches and permeates them.

Keep up the good work.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Green Tiger and JohnC -

Nice updates on your practice...glad it's going well and thanks for posting your progress!

I am now on month 27 of Flying Phoenix practice, and I can only encourage you to be consistent and keep yours going because over time there's even more to be had from the system.

With continued practice over the months and years the Flying Phoenix energy continues to become more refined, more eloquent, more enjoyable.

BTW - After 2+ years of practice it's my experience that Sifu's advice of standing FP meditations in the morning and sitting FP meditations just feels right. The standing meditations in the morning give me the maximum feel of energy from those exercises, and ditto with the seated FP meditations at night.

Another observation: For me the seated Flying Phoenix exercises in the evening have become more and more of a meditative experience. By definition, meditation is concentration on a single object. So while you're practicing if you gently focus your mind so that the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung itself becomes your object of concentration (and your *only* object of concentration), the results can be really outstanding.

Good practicing!

Fu_dog

• Like 3

Hi Fu_Dog,

Thanks so much for the contribution and sharing your "FP notes at Month 27" with Green Tiger and JohnC and lending them guidance and encouragement.

The very special state of consciousness facilitated by correct Flying Phoenix meditation is induced by concentrating on the super-slow movements of the moving meditations (in any of standing and seated exercises) after concentrating on doing the breath-control sequences correctly. For the stationery meditations (e.g., Monk Gazing At Moon, Monk Holding Peach, Monk Holding Pearl, and the prepartory seated meditation in Vol. 2 with breathing sequence 50 10 50, the one-pointed concentration that catalyzes or induces "No Mind" (more accurately described as the "Totally Present All-Mind") aka "Embracing the One (Mind)" is focussed on the breathing sequences. And focussed concentration on the breathing sequence plus the doing correct meditative posture for each exercise is enough to develop the mind-body--and ignite the cultivation of the tangible and distinctive Flying Phoenix Healing Chi.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Sifu Terry -

Thanks for clarifying the meditative state possible with Flying Phoenix. You described it much better than me.

I can say that, yes, after the breathing sequence is finished, especially the non-moving Flying Phoenix exercises can become very meditative. At this point in my practice I have used Flying Phoenix as a vehicle to approach the state of "no mind" or "pure consciousness". This is very cool. Beyond all the benefits to health and energetics already mentioned, the stationary FP exercises have the additional advantage of allowing the practitioner to significantly still the mind (again, after the breath sequence).

As one advances in practice, this meditative benefit is available within the system. I find this aspect of FP to be very satisfying.

All the best,

Fu_dog

Sifu Terry -

Thanks for clarifying the meditative state possible with Flying Phoenix. You described it much better than me.

I can say that, yes, after the breathing sequence is finished, especially the non-moving Flying Phoenix exercises can become very meditative. At this point in my practice I have used Flying Phoenix as a vehicle to approach the state of "no mind" or "pure consciousness". This is very cool. Beyond all the benefits to health and energetics already mentioned, the stationary FP exercises have the additional advantage of allowing the practitioner to significantly still the mind (again, after the breath sequence).

As one advances in practice, this meditative benefit is available within the system. I find this aspect of FP to be very satisfying.

All the best,

Fu_dog

Yesterday and today, I had an offline discussion with Steve Mehl, a new FP practitioner in York, Pennsylvania about the potential effects of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung practice on spiritual development that I want to share with the TTB readership:

Hi Sifu,

Thought you might enjoy this perspective from the avatar doing the Oneness/Deeksha movement to awaken people. I translated this in my mind as describing the Tao as this was my experience that he describes for one night in 1977 and it is what keeps me on the path. I currently am really enjoying John Blofeld's memoirs from his days in China, "My Journey in Mystic China." I find myself saturating myself with all things related to the energy of ancient China. After my first 2 weeks of doing FP today is the day I have set aside to do all the meditations on vol. 1 and vol. 2. Would there be any benefit to buying your Grandmaster's FP dvds? My intuition says that your method of teaching is more suitable for those of us who have not trained with the GM.

Once again, I am so grateful for the gift of Flying Phoenix that you have to brought to us,

Steve

Subject: FW:Bhagavan talks about LOVE

Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 08:12:40 -0500

Namaste,

A fellow trainer sent this out last week. Bhagavan explains what Love (capital L--the stuff of creation) is. I thought you might like to read it.

Happy month of love...

Mary

> Q. What exactly is love, Bhagavan? Is love also an emotion like anger,

> like jealousy or is it a power that is hidden within man? Would love

> lead to suffering or to joy?

>

> SRI BHAGAVAN: "The love that we are talking about is not an emotion,

> nor some power, as you say. It is none of these things. This love

> cannot be spoken about. We can tell you what it is not. The love of a

> parent for the child is... not this love. The love between a man and a

> woman is not this love.

>

> Your love of your friend is not this love. It is not attachment, it is

> not possession, it is not concern, it is not caring, it is none of

> these things. It is the stuff with which this universe is created. It

> is the stuff of the universe. It is your true nature. It is that which

> is there. If you go deeper and deeper into reality… what there is, it

> is emptiness. It is all emptiness.

>

> That emptiness is love. That is the love we are talking about. It has

> to be experienced. At the first level you have to become enlightened,

> at the second level a divine being must come into you, only then you

> will know what it is. Otherwise it is beyond your grasp. We are not

> condemning the love you are experiencing now. This kind of love is

> perfectly fine.

>

> What we are telling is, `that' love has no cause. If you see somebody,

> there will be `that' love. If you see an ant there will be `that'

> love. There is no cause for `that' love. For the love that you know

> there must be a cause. It must be your child, wife, friend, then there

> is love. On the other hand, when you experience causeless Love, you

> are in Oneness. You are no more separate from the dog, the leper, the

> beggar, or the rich. Nobody is separate from you. There is complete

> Oneness. It is a love born of Oneness. So, It has no cause."

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the perspective and description of Oneness, Universal Love, by Bhagavan. He nicely articulates what the ineffable Cosmic Consciousness is not, and accurately states that Universal Love has to be felt first --i.e, one has to be completely inflamed, enthused with the Holy Spirit (to use Christian terms)--before one's words describing It are as real as It is.

Bhagavan says, "It is a love born of Oneness"

Yes, which is why Taoism speaks in a myriad of ways of "Embracing the One." Which is also returning to the One, and knowing one's original nature.

John Blofeld is one of my favorite writers on Taoism. I recall his book, "The Secret and the Sublime" was seminal and very inspirational in my early exploration of Taoism back in the 70's. His books, like Castaneda's body of work, provide a very good roadmap for Taoist training.

The Taoist masters I have trained under pointed the way for their students to experience flashes of Universal Love/Cosmic Consciousness that reshapes one's foundational beliefs about the nature of reality, and through the practice of higher yogas enable them to literally see and feel the inescapable Oneness, as well as to literally see the eternal nature of one's soul. After such seeing and natural knowing, one no longer has to believe in anything (all belief is totally unnecessary; as we believe in most what we know least). Some people are born with spiritual wisdom and attain Cosmic Consciousness quite naturally and early in life because of their karma. Others have to pass numerous tests and ordeals--like Job-- before they come to Consciousness. Knowing Truth and seeing one's original nature does not have to occur within an organized spiritual tradition. My favorite spiritual writing is the Platform Sutra by Hui Neng, an illiterate "barbarian" from the south who was identified as supremely enlightened and then tapped to be the 6th Patriarch of Buddhism, as his teachings became the Chan school of sudden enlightenment (Zen).

Flying Phoenix CK is an extraordinary meditative vehicle because it is a basic system of Chinese yoga that can be safely practiced to obtain not just momentary glimpses--but also constant, continuous awareness--of Ultimate Reality without the face-to-face supervision of a master. And if one is spiritually fit (and depending on one's karma), visitations from highly evolved spiritual entities (guides) through the Flying Phoenix meditative channel are not uncommon.

Enjoy your practice, Steve.

Feb. 19 (2 days ago)

Thank you Sifu for your beautiful and inspiring reply revealing another level of what FP can bring to one. Oneness to one! This is what I am seeking along with safeguarding and improving health. I was told that in a past life in China I died because I was seeking enlightenment thru elixirs. This time I around I am understanding alchemy as an inner process which is why I just started to enjoy reading about the alchemical metaphors in The Inner Teachings of Taoism, Chang Po-Tuan. The reading list on your website is quite a guidepost. Next time I have a reading with my intuitive I will ask her to go to the Akashic Records to find out why FP showed up for me since I consider "stumbling" upon it as purely karmically predestined. Master Li of Falun Gong teaches that there are predestined relationships resulting in which spiritual methods we will encounter.

Question: while doing the seated meditations I soon experience strong soreness in my middle back so I tried using back support and still felt it. Is this energy loosening old tension/stress/karma? Or is this muscle strain? Master Li teaches that when doing the Falun sitting meditation and there are pains that is the karmas being released and one sure endure the pain since it is a purification.

2:01 PM (17 minutes ago)

to steve

Hi Steve,

I just realized that I didn't respond to this email of yours. (I had a very intense and busy weekend of teaching--more Tai Chi than Qigong).

You're welcome. There hasn't been very much discussion or questions raised regarding the spiritual benefits of FPCK meditation but mostly general to nuts and bolts questions about FP practice for health purposes. I guess the timing was right for your question to come up.

Thanks for sharing your past-life reading about past-life use of elixirs. Yes, ancient alchemy East and West is about evolution and liberation of the Soul, along the way, apparent magickal powers and supernatural effects can and do occur, but they are not the point of the practice. That's why both Christ and the Buddha shunned all magickal powers and refused to participate in--let alone to use their Power to further--the political ambitions of their followers.

I have been referring to Inner Teachings of Taoism by Chang Po-Tuan for decades, even though he comes from a different tradition of Taoist alchemy.

It's always good to get a reliable intuitive's read/explanation of questions you have concerning the karmic reasons why you stumbled upon FPCK. Yes, Master Li of Falun Gung is correct, many seekers are predestined to work with certain specific forms of Yoga. I certainly never expected to be the preserver and most active teacher-proliferator of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung when I first met Grandmaster Doo Wai in 1990. It just sort of evolved that way. While I was learning FPCK along with 3 other internal arts from GM Doo Wai, little did I know that destiny was taking a hand (to paraphrase Rick in the movie Casablanca).

Regarding experiencing much pain in the back while practicing the Basic Seated FP Meditations. This is a most common experience amongst practitioners--especially those with extensive martial arts backgrounds. When I first started practicing the Seated FP Med's, the pain in my back that I experienced for weeks was quite intense and at the very beginning, it was at almost excruciating where I wanted to stop. But I, like you, decided to work through it. Ever since the first 2-3 weeks of practicing the seated FP Meditations, I have not experienced any pain whatsoever in my back or on any part of my torso and head. And I have never had a headache since sometime before 1990. Not one.

Encountering the pain in the back is part of the conditioning that naturally comes with practicing the Basic Seated Mediations. Almost every person in our training group experienced the same type of muscular back pains when they first started FP seated. Yes, working through the pain can be described as a "purification" process--to use an alchemical term with regards to one's bodily dross being transformed into one's original spiritual constitution. I feel every second of FP Qigong practice to be purifying biochemically and spiritually

Best,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

The very nature and existence of this thread, and the incredibly valuable information its imparting raises one very important question;

Is there any chance of a book being written on FP ?

I know the thread is very dynamic and able to respond to our questions, but I find I am referring back to it frequently. Could it form the basis of a book ?

I realise a book is a lot of work, (I've just finished my own) and perhaps Master Dunn is too busy, in which case the thread is fine. But I think FP is too incredible to not warrant being enshrined in print !

• Like 2

The very nature and existence of this thread, and the incredibly valuable information its imparting raises one very important question;

Is there any chance of a book being written on FP ?

I know the thread is very dynamic and able to respond to our questions, but I find I am referring back to it frequently. Could it form the basis of a book ?

I realise a book is a lot of work, (I've just finished my own) and perhaps Master Dunn is too busy, in which case the thread is fine. But I think FP is too incredible to not warrant being enshrined in print !

Hello J-Z,

You didn't read that section of this FPCK thread about one year ago where I discuss the book I am writing and got clearances from many contributors to use their FPCK postings in my book.

So Yes, I am writing a book on Flying Phoenix, and I've been steadily working on it for about a year. (A rough draft has already been copyrighted). It will cover in hard copy the same FP Meditations that the DVD series covers in Volumes 1 and 2. But it will contain extensive information on every aspect of FPCK practice... and also Ehrmeishan Buddhism, Taoism, Chinese yogic philosophy, Qigong and energy healing in general. There will be a section where I select what I think are the most interesting and informative Question and Answer exchanges that have been posted here.

The book is a lot of work--mostly editing. But it is getting done.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 5

Great feedback, keep up the FP teaching Sihing, many are getting much out of GMDW and Bak Fu Pais ancient knowledge! :D

Thanks, Sihing Garry!

Hello J-Z,

You didn't read that section of this FPCK thread about one year ago where I discuss the book I am writing and got clearances from many contributors to use their FPCK postings in my book.

So Yes, I am writing a book on Flying Phoenix, and I've been steadily working on it for about a year. (A rough draft has already been copyrighted). It will cover in hard copy the same FP Meditations that the DVD series covers in Volumes 1 and 2. But it will contain extensive information on every aspect of FPCK practice... and also Ehrmeishan Buddhism, Taoism, Chinese yogic philosophy, Qigong and energy healing in general. There will be a section where I select what I think are the most interesting and informative Question and Answer exchanges that have been posted here.

The book is a lot of work--mostly editing. But it is getting done.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Aha ! Somehow I must have missed that !

Maybe FP will improve my thread reading skills too.

I'll look forward to reading it, whenever its published.

Many thanks for your time !

Edited by Jeramiah Zeitigeist
  • Like 1

Thanks, Jeramiah. I will let you know when it is published--along with everyone else following this thread, of course.

Thanks to all for your interest in FP Chi Kung and for contributing your questions, details of your practice experiencesm and thoughts on your FP experience.

Sifu Terry

Looking forward for reading the book sifu Terry. Many thanks for your effort.

I have been following this tread constantly but didn't get to practice FPCK much.

I restarted recently with a much differnt approach. Less goal oriented and as much as I can fit

in the time I have (quiet and secluded).

In one of your posts you suggested a breath count per arm movement for Bending the Bow. Any similar sugestion for Wind Above the Clouds?

BTW, since I restarted I am counting the breaths during all meditations. It makes me less interested on

known for how long I've been doing the med and keeps the mind from wandering.

I'll be happy to post here as I go along.

Best,

Nic

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions that I'm pretty sure haven't been answered yet.

My usual practice is MGAM, then BTB then the seated MGAM, each one for approximately fifteen minutes. I am planning on adding another round of BTB after the seated MGAM. Is that OK? Or should multiple rounds of one mediation be performed back to back?

I have been following the above schedule (sometimes add another seated MGAM before bed) since five weeks ago, however the last week I have not been able to practice due to being too tired. I don't know where this tiredness comes from, is this related to FP? I haven't changed anything in my life that could account for this recent lack of energy. Any ideas?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Calvin

Calvin -

Sounds like you do a great job of the basic foundational FP exercises, with MGAM, BTB and seated MGAM.

It's my experience the practice of FP will significantly enhance your energy and will not at all make you tired. So long as you are getting plenty of sleep...that's important.

As for the boredom part, you many wish to add another exercise or two to your repertoire. Do you practice any of the Monk Serves Wine meditations?

Lloyd

Calvin -

Sounds like you do a great job of the basic foundational FP exercises, with MGAM, BTB and seated MGAM.

It's my experience the practice of FP will significantly enhance your energy and will not at all make you tired. So long as you are getting plenty of sleep...that's important.

As for the boredom part, you many wish to add another exercise or two to your repertoire. Do you practice any of the Monk Serves Wine meditations?

Lloyd

Thanks for your help Lloyd :)

I did my regular practice yesterday just fine, I think I may also be able to do it again today. Hopefully this tired spell has worn off now.

I've heard that any practice that clears out your energy bodies blockages can at first either cause mild cold-like symptoms or tiredness as the energy body is stimulated initially. I was hoping (and still am really) that the tiredness was because of that (I have a shocking amount of blockages). Is this kind of thing unheard of in Qigong?

I didn't mean to imply that the tiredness was due to boredom. I am going to stick with these first three meditations for now because, how can I describe it, I just enjoy how they feel and have no need to progress just yet. I'm going to try to make the first two DVD's last a whole year (as Sifu Terry advises).

As of yet no, I haven't practiced any MSW meditations. Once I feel I've practiced MGAM, BTB and seated MGAM I'll move on to the next three. I follow (roughly) Terry's FP schedule that is on his site but I feel like two week segments are way too short, I would like a two to three months at the very least. (although to be honest I don't know if that's recommended or not).

Thank You

Calvin

Edited by Astralogic

Calvin -

Good, thoughtful response. You are pretty much on the mark with all your ideas.

First, if a person has a good deal of stale energy then doing qigong can and will eventually cleanse and clear that energy, and when this happens it's not uncommon to feel a little drained. That is a good thing. I have experienced that myself. Then, with continued practice that stale energy is replaced by fresh, vibrant energy and you feel *great*!

As for your current practice sticking with the basics, IMO you are doing exactly what you should do. Keep on keeping on with MGAM, BTB and seated MGAM because they are powerful, energetic qigong meditations. So many people want to skip the basics and go straight to the advanced exercise, but those who do this miss these very powerful basic FP meditations. While doing MGAM while you're not moving on the outside, you feel something very dynamic and vibrant taking place on the inside. As Sifu has pointed out several times, those "basic" FP exercises really aren't so basic. In my opinion skipping the basics like MGAM, BTW and seated MGAM is like trying to build a house without a foundation. I continue to practice all of those basic Flying Phoenix meditations, even though I am on 2+ years with the system.

So taking your time on the basics is really excellent practice. Eventually, when it's time for you to add more FP exercises, you'll know it. No need to rush.

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted with your progress!

Lloyd

Thanks for your help Lloyd :)

I did my regular practice yesterday just fine, I think I may also be able to do it again today. Hopefully this tired spell has worn off now.

I've heard that any practice that clears out your energy bodies blockages can at first either cause mild cold-like symptoms or tiredness as the energy body is stimulated initially. I was hoping (and still am really) that the tiredness was because of that (I have a shocking amount of blockages). Is this kind of thing unheard of in Qigong?

Hello,

I'd like to ask about this too. I am getting this symptoms too. I am sure that this caused it because when I started first about year ago, after the practice I had pain in the throat.

But now when I have conditions to exercise regulary, I also get the cold symptoms.

Is this normal or I am exercising wrong ?

I am only doing the first exercise from the Vol.1 because I lack physical endurance and my legs (quadriceps) and shoulders hurt because of it.

All the best,

QGLover