Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Tai Chi Sword Lesson #2- Video of Me

I agree-stuff like this is the very reason I come to TTB. REAL life stuff. Thanks Darin!! Keep it coming! Great stuff. Slyly smart and succinct.

"It not about cutting people up" :( Awwwww

"It's about you, personal responsibility" :)

It's like a serial..... when is the next one?

{Is there a fan on somewhere going buzz? Audio is clear, not that annoying but perhaps a lapel mic or just killing the background noise for the take. Must have been some change from the 1st video}

Very good presentation Darin.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, please fix that audio problem before the next lesson, please?

Peace & Love!

I had a fan going in the background. :angry: Which of course I didnt notice when I was editing because it was running while I was editing it too. :angry: ....and WOW, it is annoying! Sorry about that! :( I should make myself a checklist.

Silence.... check

Dont hesitate when I speak... check

Uniform.... check

Anything else I should put on the checklist?

yes, don't be so hard. I would not have though you were hesitant. I had a look at some of the older ones for comparison. You have a similar delivery style but you are much more confident now. Good changes. You look and sound pretty natural.

Sifu tells us not to talk to much "about" it but to "do" it. So time to cut up :)

Although I'm not too interested in Tai Chi sword forms currently. I'm actually rather eager to hear what you have to say you enthusiasm is captivating.

Although I'm not too interested in Tai Chi sword forms currently. I'm actually rather eager to hear what you have to say you enthusiasm is captivating.

My feelings exactly.

Peace & Love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-H1fKXsDA

Am I spamming? I can just keep these in my Journal area if I am annoying people.

Nice! Good to see you're giving background and setting the stage.

It is amazing how we tend to try and find "reasons" for the way our life has turned out to be...without stopping to think "Isn't my life my responsibility".

Taoist practices are supposed to bring maturity...and being responsible for one's own universe is the first step in that direction.

Cheers!

Taoist practices are supposed to bring maturity...and being responsible for one's own universe is the first step in that direction.

Cheers!

Nice post my Taoist Friend!

(Boy I'm being naughty today. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

Keep'em coming, I like'em and there's good information on it.

Its hard to learn kata from a video, but there are philosophies within the practice and katas that can be taught.

In any case you're inspirational enough for me to get out some boken and start a few forms myself.

Michael

Sign in to follow this