voidisyinyang

Going Theravadin Taoist-style!

name='drewhempel'

haha -- so instead of telling the world that it's possible to cut a deal to do Siddha yoga -- to get shaktipat, etc. the world will find out if their

Seriously Drew, you should check your intentions. It's discussed with every person that applies on an individual level. Stop assuming the worst. It's a common human habit. To take the negative assumption over the positive when neither have been clarified to begin with.

You say so, the website says otherwise -- I have neither plans or worries as per Siddha Yoga. I was just going on how YOU afforded staying there -- and apparently YOU HAD SOME DEAL with Siddha yoga.

It's worked out with Finances and HR. :)

So maybe you are lucky! haha. Yet you seem to have not much education! haha.

Not much formal education. Spent most of my time in the early part of high school reading books in the back of the class. They kept trying to put me in AP classes but I'd drop them. I wasn't interested at the time. Not that I'm saying that's a good thing. Of course... I just wasn't inspired, dropped out and got my GED.

35 years old -- we are almost the same age. And yet you can't sit in full-lotus....

Why? Accident?

In 99' I tore my ACL and tendons in the front of the knee. All I was able to afford was some acupuncture, which really helped, but wasn't able to fully align my muscles so they mended off alignment.

Again if you want to split of up this message using your E-Bay skills then the content of the message will be changed. FORM = CONTENT -- suit yourself....

I always do this and have done so for years. This is how one gets to every point succinctly in my opinion.

"in my opinion" -- haha.

it's discussed with every person that applies on an individual level. Stop assuming the worst.

O.K. so the FACT that there's no information about negotiating prices and "stipends" on the website means that I should ASSUME it's "discussed with every person that applies on an individual level."

If I don't ASSUME that I can negotiate or get some sort of deal then I'm ASSUMING THE WORST!!

That's HILARIOUS -- Dude -- you are CLASSIC!!

Anyway sorry about your acronym-induced injury -- don't know the ACRONYM for that knee injury but I guess I should ASSUME that I know the ACRONYM right? haha.

So you got some acronym knee injury YET YOU ASSUME YOU CAN'T WORK OUT SOME MONEY DEAL FOR HEALING?

haha. I won't pee my pants with the logical paradox humor on your part. Seriously though maybe Chunyi Lin can work out a deal -- although EVEN JIM NANCE, qigong master, had to get knee surgery for

torn ligament --

That's what your acronym refers to right? TORN LIGAMENTS?

I can I can google the answer -- no don't worry -- I should have ASSUMED you would give me an acronym.

It's my fault really -- I had the WORST assumptions on my part. haha.

Too funny.

Still I do hope you can get that knee healed so your sex is better at least or I mean you can sublimate that energy, etc. haha.

And no -- don't tell me any details - the butt-head avatar deal was bad enough. haha.

O.K. I GOOGLED ACL

Ligament and tendon -- double whammy ....

hard to spell out that acronym! for sure:

Anterior cruciate ligament injuries - ACL

Edited by drewhempel

Vaj, you're like a doo-doo magnet! There seems to be no end of people here who tire of the Buddhist bloviating. You're constantly defending/justifying/expounding and attacking...what's the message for you here? That everyone "looooves" to judge you, or that you've been an obnoxious forum presence here since you arrived? Who else here is undergoing such 'persecution'?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I'd like to mention that capitalizing words does not add emphasis. Italics and bold-font should be used for such things. ALL CAPS is shouting, and it should only be used in the English language if one is meaning to shout.

Perhaps it is because I spent most of my online-forum time on a forum that was very strict on literary standards, but capitalizing every word really gets to me.

Honestly, though, if one needs to shout when they aren't even talking face-to-face with someone (i.e. the lovely internets that we are communicating on), then they need to reflect on some anger.

EDIT: I cannot speak for threads before I arrived, but in those that I've read that have recently come up, you and Ralis have been the instigators...

Edited by Capital

O.K. so the FACT that there's no information about negotiating prices and "stipends" on the website means that I should ASSUME it's "discussed with every person that applies on an individual level."

Drew... try to make the connections, if you are going to assume, be deducing. If these are the listed requirements on the website for doing a retreat at the Ashram...

"A Siddha Yoga practice of at least 2 years duration

Participation in at least 2 Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensives

Participation in seva at a Siddha Yoga meditation center, ashram, chanting and meditation group, or retreat site

An understanding of and commitment to the Siddha Yoga practices and to Siddha Yoga philosophy and culture

An understanding of and love for the spiritual practice of seva

A strong desire to support the work of the SYDA Foundation

A posture of studentship and a commitment to ongoing learning, personal improvement, and inner growth"

You could safely assume that when applying for a Seva position at the Ashram, you would know some things and would have inquired directly with the Ashram in question or through your local center of which there is a local SY center in almost every major city and many minor cities in the entire world, hundreds more than are listed on the website. :) If you are going to be assuming things, at least apply the deducing power of the intelligence you seem to posses...

If I don't ASSUME that I can negotiate or get some sort of deal then I'm ASSUMING THE WORST!!

Ok... you've just been assuming in a blemished lean towards down grading the path and lineage. Come on... be honest with yourself. This is a good sign of true yoginess if you can admit to your own faults.

Well thank you! :D

So you got some acronym knee injury YET YOU ASSUME YOU CAN'T WORK OUT SOME MONEY DEAL FOR HEALING?

It's been healed sufficiently and doesn't pop out. I used to drive a bike rickshaw in NYC for 5 years up until a few months ago and this strengthened my muscles. I can still feel high tension when trying to place it in full lotus. I'm not worried about it. I've never considered it, or even processed a thought about working out a deal through SY to heal my knee. I have received tons of Reiki on it and done lots of hatha yoga. It's fine, it functions, I can walk, run, jump, bike and sit in half lotus and I can even skateboard and do plenty of tricks. I'm happy.

Get honest. It doesn't benefit me if you are honest with yourself, but it will benefit you. You don't even have to let us know you are being honest with yourself. You can do it secretly in the privacy of your own mind. Unless your mind is not a private zone? :lol:

Still I do hope you can get that knee healed so your sex is better at least or I mean you can sublimate that energy, etc. haha.

It seems you have some projected limitations regarding the human sexual experience? So, you feel that only celibates can attain realization?

Edited by Vajrahridaya

It's true, these prices are usually negotiable. Most Indo-Tibetan tantric masters are open to discussing this with their students & prospective students. All prices are negotiable in India, from table salt to tantric teachings. Go figure! :lol:

PS. In fact, Tibetan Buddhists claim that no one's turned away from Tibetan tantric teachings for lack of funds. You can volunteer to wash dishes if need be. I dunno about that, but masters really are open to bargaining.

Edited by nac

there's a saying... never argue with a schizophrenic.

...it never ends..

:)

Edited by mikaelz

there's a saying... never argue with a schizophrenic.

...it never ends..

Bad manners to call Vajrahridaya schizophrenic :P

:P

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. cya!

LOL!!

Yes... I figure it's drew's thread so he can ask me whatever he wishes.

just teasing Drew, :D

i'm sure he realizes his posts border on schizophrenic ramblings sometimes. :)

I agree :P

Taoists want a Taoist orgy, preferably in full lotus?

Buddhists want a Vajrayana orgy, which is dependently originated?

And Mikaelz wants a gay orgy preferably without masks.

So, one thing is clear, everyone wants an orgy. Go get a room guyz. Why the name calling? :lol:

where did gay come from?

I am open to all sentient beings.

just teasing Drew, :D

i'm sure he realizes his posts border on schizophrenic ramblings sometimes. :)

Mikaelz,

No offence but you seem to appreciate nothing but Vajra's posts. You agree with him and disagree with anyone that disagrees with him. I don't know the history but its surprising you want to categorize Drew as schizophrenic and rambling but see pure insight and clarity in Vajrahridaya's writings. Hmm, whatever rocks one's boat. :D

Drew, still trying to read your paper you linked in the other thread. Man, you truly are a genius and that explains why you get called schizophrenic . You should write a book or something.

Edit: And I sure hope the book will have a smaller scale of capitalization. Love you :D

Edited by zencave

I agree :P

Taoists want a Taoist orgy, preferably in full lotus?

Buddhists want a Vajrayana orgy, which is dependently originated?

So, one thing is clear, everyone wants an orgy. Go get a room guyz. Why the name calling? :lol:

That's awesome!! Drew actually wants an orgy where you don't touch each other but give each other psychic orgasms!! Look deep into my mental erection.... :lol:

Just teasing Drew. I do understand directly what you are talking about with that experience share. I'm not doubting it's validity. I'm just doubting it's overall importance. For me, it's more of an indulgence as for a Buddhist, the best method for overall healing towards liberation is not really feelings and sensations which can confuse, but sending the understanding of dependent origination and emptiness, because I'm not in any position to give Rigpa transmission. This is the best thing I can do at this point in my sadhana, is offer the sutra version of "Right View" according to the Buddhadharma as well as I am able.

But, everyone has their process to undertake and I'm sure this type of O's at a D are facilitating some type of goodness for the world to whatever degree it is.

Of course... it also sounds borderline bliss junky?

Mikaelz,

No offence but you seem to appreciate nothing but Vajra's posts.

Hey not fair! He agrees with Xabirs perspective too! :D

Mikaelz,

its surprising you want to categorize Drew as schizophrenic

You are right, that is an unfair assumption on my part as I think I was the first person to mention it. But, I feel like I have gone through what he is experiencing from the sounds of what he has shared. If I am safe to interpret what he has said as the factual account of what he is directly experiencing on a spiritual level, then I absolutely have. I found it a stage of distraction. I called him schizophrenic because he was accusing me of saying, "LICK"... and because I hadn't yet discovered that he was mistaking me for Vajrasattva, I was assuming that he was referring to some sort of "psychic" experience due to the tone of his accusation, he sounded so impassioned in this error. So, it sounded borderline schizophrenic to me as I never psychically connected to him and said that to him, so it sounded like he was pulling it out of the mirage of the the schizophrenic experience? then I realized he was referring to a post that Vajrasattva wrote him and he was grouping us together. An honest mistake on his part.

I apologize for making this accusation.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

"in my opinion" -- haha.

it's discussed with every person that applies on an individual level. Stop assuming the worst.

Anyway sorry about your acronym-induced injury -- don't know the ACRONYM for that knee injury but I guess I should ASSUME that I know the ACRONYM right? haha.

haha. I won't pee my pants with the logical paradox humor on your part. Seriously though maybe Chunyi Lin can work out a deal -- although EVEN JIM NANCE, qigong master, had to get knee surgery for

torn ligament --

That's what your acronym refers to right? TORN LIGAMENTS?

I can I can google the answer -- no don't worry -- I should have ASSUMED you would give me an acronym.

Too funny.

And no -- don't tell me any details - the butt-head avatar deal was bad enough. haha.

O.K. I GOOGLED ACL

Ligament and tendon -- double whammy ....

hard to spell out that acronym! for sure:

Anterior cruciate ligament injuries - ACL

Apparently some amount of renunciation is necessary for Indo-Tibetan tantra, no matter how minimal. How much is needed depends on the capacity of the individual, but this renunciation must come from the heart. There's a Bengali poem about a Bodhisattva entering a great city on his alms round. When the rich showered gold and silver on him, he walked right over their treasures and left the place with a tattered bit of rag from a wretched female beggar.

PS. What they teach isn't energy healing you know.

Edited by nac

You're a Number 2 leaning towards Number 3 but falling back to Number 2 as per Gurdjieff's system (which is from Mahayana).

Ooo!!!

Can anyone read my chakras and tell me what Gurdjieff would classify me? I'm not joking. I'd really like to know. :)

Also...what is a number 2 and a number 3?

Is that like being a 2 or a 3 on the Enneagram?

Mikaelz,

No offence but you seem to appreciate nothing but Vajra's posts. You agree with him and disagree with anyone that disagrees with him. I don't know the history but its surprising you want to categorize Drew as schizophrenic and rambling but see pure insight and clarity in Vajrahridaya's writings. Hmm, whatever rocks one's boat. :D

Drew, still trying to read your paper you linked in the other thread. Man, you truly are a genius and that explains why you get called schizophrenic . You should write a book or something.

Edit: And I sure hope the book will have a smaller scale of capitalization. Love you :D

zencave.

I called Drew a schitzo close to a year ago, maybe earlier. he's always had that sense of unbalance. seems very 'genius' but its just mental masturbation. there's nothing meaningful there. a book would be awesome. FULL LOTUS SECRETS AND GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACIES ALL WRITTEN IN FULL LOTUS WHILE GIVING O's at D's. hahah :P

I appreciate everyone's posts.. and maybe you forgot but i'm the one who started to disagree with Drew in this thread in the first place. this has nothing to do with Vajra. lol. and i'm only teasing anyway

Is Master Nan, Huai-chin not a real Buddhist? I don't know -- according to some maybe -- but I highly recommend his books. Whether he states that full body internal orgasm is part of enlightenment in Buddhism -- I'm sure that's a life-time argument right there about the translation, the syntax, the grammar, the intention, the blah blah blah.

Hehe, Drew, if I talked like that with Master Nan, he would beat the shit out of me with his cane.

Ooo!!!

Can anyone read my chakras and tell me what Gurdjieff would classify me? I'm not joking. I'd really like to know. :)

Also...what is a number 2 and a number 3?

Is that like being a 2 or a 3 on the Enneagram?

I wouldn't ask Drew. Also... If a real Master refuses to do such things, then... what does that say?

Is Master Nan, Huai-chin not a real Buddhist? I don't know -- according to some maybe -- but I highly recommend his books. Whether he states that full body internal orgasm is part of enlightenment in Buddhism -- I'm sure that's a life-time argument right there about the translation, the syntax, the grammar, the intention, the blah blah blah.

This is in accord with Tibetan Buddhism. All Tibetan schools say it's impossible to attain complete enlightenment in this lifetime without sexual tantra. Gelugpa monks simply renounce enlightenment and try to achieve it at the moment of death.

Edited by nac

Hehe, Drew, if I talked like that with Master Nan, he would beat the shit out of me with his cane.

I have both Working Toward Enlightenment and To Realize Enlightenment. Oh..and his Tao and Longevity. Plus Bodri's 25 Doors to Meditation. I've been so busy with KAP and simply trying to get simple concentration meditation going that I've not bothered to read any of them (well...except for the 1st chapter of WtE and the 1st chapter of 25 Doors). I did finish Tao and Longevity though. :)

From what I've read though I think Master Nan's books are very worth reading.

I like the idea of trying these things out for myself so I've been thankful for all of Drew's threads and links he's provided and the assistance he's generously, personally offered me. I'm going to start trying to do some stretching exercises so I can eventually sit full-lotus and fudosi. Right now the best I can do is half-lotus. I'm not very flexible unfortunately. Still...I'm going to try.

Psst...he already has. You can find it at Amazon or Lulu.com.