voidisyinyang

Going Theravadin Taoist-style!

I mean originally in the BUSHMEN tradition where all this comes from the females controlled the level of the male training and the females would throw water on the males to keep the males from doing astral travel. Sure the astral travel happened and some males broke away for "complete enlightenment" training and then the whole village was afraid of those males....

So the patriarchy in alchemy spiritual training was always an issue but in the Bushmen the culture was still matrifocal. June Campbell argues similarly that the Bon were still a Great Mother culture....

Yeah I read what was available on google preview -- so basically the rise of patriarchial religion I see in line with Sherry Ortner view -- anthropologist -- that the MEN were the victims. I mean even Campbell notes the Tibetan females were considered to have freedom but were not allowed in the religious theocracy, except as tantric consorts or has half-nuns, etc. The idea is that the femme fatale -- the men serve the tantric state created for the upper class females -- that religion goes with the development of taxes and the men have to pay taxes and serve in the military to get married to females.... Sherry Ortner is dismissed as being a feminist "essentialist" but I think she makes sense. Camille Paglia makes a similar argument about how civilization is really to serve the purpose of females -- so womens liberation is a continuation of an earlier trend that included Tibetan and Chinese culture. Consider how Tibet took up the British emphasis on military and taxes so much that the Tibetan masses outside Lhasa actually preferred the previous Chinese control!

The deeper you look, the more 2-sided you realize it IS and has ALWAYS BEEN. Does the parent serve the child or does the child serve the parent? Or is that a false "power" duality that results from viewing love through the lens of power?

That said, in Chinese culture, the wife is called "tai tai" or "great great" and keeps her maiden name after marriage. The man generally enjoys more decision-making power...but at the cost of far greater responsibility as well. Responsibility not just for himself, but his family & country too. Military service is still mandatory for ALL males in China, but simply optional for females.* Etc.

* Is that sexist against men? Yup. But do I hear any women complaining about it? Hell no! :lol:

Edited by vortex

nac -- you're correct as per this academic anthology on "Women of Tibet" that the females had greater freedom than other Asian countries, although in the 7th C there was still "forced childhood production" and "arranged matrimonial alliances" -- So I think the "free love" applies as the whore while the elite female power marriage applies as the Madonna (along with Goddess Worship)....

http://books.google.com/books?id=FELZ48HwL...=gbs_navlinks_s

There's other Buddhist scholars writing on misogyny in Tibetan Buddhism but compared to the current RASH of Tibetan Prostitutes serving the Chinese -- and homeless Tibetans, etc. it seems unfair to focus on former Tibetan Buddhist control, now reduced to more or less "spiritual tourism" show....

I think June Campbell's focus, like Sherry Ortner, is much broader than just a comparison of Asian sexism -- if you read Campbell's revised 2002 edition, she's comparing Tibetan Buddhism with Christianity and everything else. Ortner is also considering

"stratified state-societies" -- as a whole... so Asia and the West....

And, again, in the context of "progress" sexism is a mixed bag with Ortner arguing that MEN HAVE BEEN DOMESTICATED -- in service of an elite female caste. Other feminists have made similar arguments....

Nefertiti is a classic example -- sort of like saying the wife of Dick Cheney is in control.

I don't know, it'll take quite some time to lay out everything that's wrong with her views on symbolism and the way she presents her case in general, but I've run out of motivation at the moment. From tantra's point of view, it's possible that this so-called madonna/whore dichotomy represents a tantric transmutation of how males view women or something like that... I'm not at all sure about this since I'm not a Vajrayana practitioner myself. I wonder if what the Dalai Lama said counts as "disparaging women", or whether he sets the standard for what counts as disparagement. :huh:

BTW I'm sorry I exaggerated a bit yesterday. Saudi Arabia is probably the most patriarchal nation on the planet as of now. (I hope) Women there aren't allowed to eat at McDonald's without being accompanied by a male family member: http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic....f=3&t=25015 Even my uncle who has gone to Japan remarks about how male-dominating and patriarchal the Japanese are in their private lives. Still, modern India is pretty doggone patriarchal. :P

Vajrahridaya: Wikipedia says that Sumerians used to practice polyandry until king Urukagina outlawed it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry#Human_polyandry (Sumerians even called themselves the ung-sang-ging "black-headed people" just like Tibetans) The practice could've been spread throughout the ancient Mesopotamian cultural continuum. Just another random guess, I'm certainly no scholar on the topic. The Tibetan custom might also be linked to their common heritage with the Mosuo people of Yunnan.

PS. Want to hear what Khoisan Bushmen languages sound like? http://globalrecordings.net/program/C17870

The idea is that the femme fatale -- the men serve the tantric state created for the upper class females -- that religion goes with the development of taxes and the men have to pay taxes and serve in the military to get married to females.... Sherry Ortner is dismissed as being a feminist "essentialist" but I think she makes sense.

On a side-note, this has nothing in common with the situation in old Tibet.

Edited by nac

PS. Want to hear what Khoisan Bushmen languages sound like? http://globalrecordings.net/program/C17870

Yes, I've heard this before. It's pretty cool with all that tongue snapping. :lol:

Vajrahridaya: Wikipedia says that Sumerians used to practice polyandry until king Urukagina outlawed it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry#Human_polyandry (Sumerians even called themselves the ung-sang-ging "black-headed people" just like Tibetans) The practice could've been spread throughout the ancient Mesopotamian cultural continuum. Just another random guess, I'm certainly no scholar on the topic. The Tibetan custom might also be linked to their common cultural heritage with the Mosuo people of Yunnan.

Indeed. Thank you for that tid bit of information. I didn't know that. :)

nac -- what do you mean by "old Tibet" -- surely there was a feudal society where the vast majority had to pay taxes as food for the monasteries along with labor to upkeep the monasteries. It was the highest privilege to have one male from the family become a monk but I think this was limited to the upper middle class families who owned land, versus the vast land-renters....

O.K. for contrast you did not mention Nepal which is a mix of Tibetan culture and indigenous (like Bon) but also Hindu culture. The Tibetan Buddhists are often seen as intruders against the indigenous while the Hindu Brahmins are also considered intruders. Like for the lower classes in India many try to achieve

"sanskritization" or Brahminization -- by becoming vegetarian and therefore jumping castes -- and then having a family member become a monk in the Tibetan monastery!

I, too, am unfamiliar with the details - I've just read some anthropology on it, for example the monks are not supposed to drink beer yet beer is relied on for socializing in Nepal. So the monk is under great pressure to drink beer. If the monk drinks beer this is not considered immoral but is considered

Polluting

on a bodily energy sense. Diet is probably a similar situation since as in Tibet only the real yogis go vegetarian while everyone else eats meat if they can, since it's so cold. Living in Minnesota -- I can definitely understand this!!

Anyway the tantra in Nepal is where the Goddess is represented by a pre-menstrual female and when she menstruates she is no longer the Goddess -- this is actually due to very esoteric tantric energy exchange. Essentially the life force is very strong for the pre-menstruating female also she fills up quickly with male electromagnetic chi energy, thereby triggering the mutual climax faster, the release of FEMALE life-force energy by the Goddess, through her climax.

Anyway.... Sumeria practiced this I'm sure with their sacred temple sex -- which lended itself towards polyandry I'm sure. Professor David Gordon White's recent "Kiss of the Yogini" is all about this history of tantra in Asia as city-state politics. Pretty interesting.

I don't know, it'll take quite some time to lay out everything that's wrong with her views on symbolism and the way she presents her case in general, but I've run out of motivation at the moment. From tantra's point of view, it's possible that this so-called madonna/whore dichotomy represents a tantric transmutation of how males view women or something like that... I'm not at all sure about this since I'm not a Vajrayana practitioner myself. I wonder if what the Dalai Lama said counts as "disparaging women", or whether he sets the standard for what counts as disparagement. :huh:

BTW I'm sorry I exaggerated a bit yesterday. Saudi Arabia is probably the most patriarchal nation on the planet as of now. (I hope) Women there aren't allowed to eat at McDonald's without being accompanied by a male family member: http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic....f=3&t=25015 Even my uncle who has gone to Japan remarks about how male-dominating and patriarchal the Japanese are in their private lives. Still, modern India is pretty doggone patriarchal. :P

Vajrahridaya: Wikipedia says that Sumerians used to practice polyandry until king Urukagina outlawed it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry#Human_polyandry (Sumerians even called themselves the ung-sang-ging "black-headed people" just like Tibetans) The practice could've been spread throughout the ancient Mesopotamian cultural continuum. Just another random guess, I'm certainly no scholar on the topic. The Tibetan custom might also be linked to their common heritage with the Mosuo people of Yunnan.

On a side-note, this has nothing in common with the situation in old Tibet.

nac -- what do you mean by "old Tibet" -- surely there was a feudal society where the vast majority had to pay taxes as food for the monasteries along with labor to upkeep the monasteries. It was the highest privilege to have one male from the family become a monk but I think this was limited to the upper middle class families who owned land, versus the vast land-renters....

O.K. for contrast you did not mention Nepal which is a mix of Tibetan culture and indigenous (like Bon) but also Hindu culture. The Tibetan Buddhists are often seen as intruders against the indigenous while the Hindu Brahmins are also considered intruders. Like for the lower classes in India many try to achieve

"sanskritization" or Brahminization -- by becoming vegetarian and therefore jumping castes -- and then having a family member become a monk in the Tibetan monastery!

I, too, am unfamiliar with the details - I've just read some anthropology on it, for example the monks are not supposed to drink beer yet beer is relied on for socializing in Nepal. So the monk is under great pressure to drink beer. If the monk drinks beer this is not considered immoral but is considered

Polluting

on a bodily energy sense. Diet is probably a similar situation since as in Tibet only the real yogis go vegetarian while everyone else eats meat if they can, since it's so cold. Living in Minnesota -- I can definitely understand this!!

Anyway the tantra in Nepal is where the Goddess is represented by a pre-menstrual female and when she menstruates she is no longer the Goddess -- this is actually due to very esoteric tantric energy exchange. Essentially the life force is very strong for the pre-menstruating female also she fills up quickly with male electromagnetic chi energy, thereby triggering the mutual climax faster, the release of FEMALE life-force energy by the Goddess, through her climax.

Anyway.... Sumeria practiced this I'm sure with their sacred temple sex -- which lended itself towards polyandry I'm sure. Professor David Gordon White's recent "Kiss of the Yogini" is all about this history of tantra in Asia as city-state politics. Pretty interesting.

I was talking about male-female relations in pre-revolution Tibet. Yeah, it's pretty hard on Nepali ex-goddesses. Tibet probably had something like that before the old system was replaced with Tulku lineages.

BTW one shouldn't confuse old Bon with the modern Bon tradition, which is quite different from what it used to be: http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/archi...n_buddhism.html The modern Bon tradition is very much alive and flourishing in India (and internationally) with the Dalai Lama's blessing, along with the other Tibetan religious traditions. If you're interested, here's a Bonpo forum: http://yungdrung-rignga-ling.forums-free.com/

Edited by nac

nac -- the forum you gave me shows only one registered user and that's YOU and only very recently! haha. So much for "modern" Bon -- maybe they know better than cruising the internet! haha. Seriously the the Buddhist website on older Bon is fascinating -- the Iranian connection, etc. You should consider that Greek philosophy -- Pythagorean -- was also Persian http://peterkingsley.com has more details -- his "In the Dark Places of Wisdom" is an amazing expose undermining Platonic Hegemony in the West....

nac -- the forum you gave me shows only one registered user and that's YOU and only very recently! haha. So much for "modern" Bon -- maybe they know better than cruising the internet! haha. Seriously the the Buddhist website on older Bon is fascinating -- the Iranian connection, etc.

:lol: I have an auto-login cookie and I just went to the site to give you the URL. There are one or two very dedicated members there, but they all log on at the same time. You might have to wait a day for responses.

You should consider that Greek philosophy -- Pythagorean -- was also Persian http://peterkingsley.com has more details -- his "In the Dark Places of Wisdom" is an amazing expose undermining Platonic Hegemony in the West....

Quite a few Tibetan Buddhists on E-Sangha think Tibetan philosophy has Hellenic connections.

PS. One possibility for "Tazig" the article doesn't mention is Tajikistan, which some scholars think Bon might have originated from. Another thing, the Bonpos exiled from Tibet went to the Yunnan province, where they survived until modern times. This book describes them and some of their rituals right before the cultural revolution: http://pratyeka.org/books/peter_goullart_-...ten_kingdom.zip

Edited by nac

Quite a few Tibetan Buddhists on E-Sangha think Tibetan philosophy has Hellenic connections.

:lol: Not Namdrol. He is a Lappon and a translator of Tibetan texts under sponsorship from the Sakya lineage, so I trust his information more than anyone I have met online.

:lol: Not Namdrol. He is a Lappon and a translator of Tibetan texts under sponsorship from the Sakya lineage, so I trust his information more than anyone I have met online.

He says the Dalai Lama respects Bonpos only out of political considerations. I can't decide whether he's just a Buddha fanatic or E-Sangha's pet wrathful deity. :lol:

He says the Dalai Lama respects Bonpos only out of political considerations. I can't decide whether he's just a Buddha fanatic or E-Sangha's pet wrathful deity. :lol:

Namdrol has also said that modern Bon is basically Buddhism...

Namdrol say's different things to different people at different times. I do think he's a wrathful deity. I've also met him in person and sat next to him during a retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. I've had conversations with him in private and have received translated Tibetan texts from him that have not officially been published in English ever.

He most definitely has clarity. He has done the traditional 3 year retreat in the Sakya tradition and one cannot help but get insight from a retreat that intense for that long straight through. All he does daily are his practices of which he has many transmissions, reads and translates texts. He also has fun though in straight male ways.

He's an honest to goodness good dude with lots of wisdom.

:)

But, he's also not a Buddha and prone to mistakes and mis-cognitions. Soooo... ;)

But, he's also not a Buddha and prone to mistakes and mis-cognitions. Soooo... ;)

Does this imply that you are a Buddha and not prone to mistakes and mis-cognitions?

Who gets to declare who is a Buddha and who is not?

straight male ways.

Notice how Vaj emphasizes "straight male ways" for no particular reason and then recently claims that I know I know I don't understand tantra while then stating

LICK

Seriously Vaj is some sort of perv. Avoid Vaj.

Does this imply that you are a Buddha and not prone to mistakes and mis-cognitions?

Who gets to declare who is a Buddha and who is not?

He has said that he is not a Buddha and I have said many times that I am not a Buddha. I have said this to you many times my dear.

Why do you persist? It's baffling. I've never met anyone so persistent in pulling someone down to their level. It's utterly amazing and comical until you get really personal, then it's just outright rude. You ask questions so that you can use the information against the person you question.

I feel for you Songs.

It seems I have to keep clarifying for you. Ah well... everything is sadhana. ;)

straight male ways.

Notice how Vaj emphasizes "straight male ways" for no particular reason and then recently claims that I know I know I don't understand tantra while then stating

LICK

Seriously Vaj is some sort of perv. Avoid Vaj.

Lick? Oh boy... what are you talking about?? :lol::lol::lol:

Straight male way's so that people don't have any assumptions about him. He likes girls and sometimes has nice lilas with a girlfriend. As in I was saying he is not a monk.

:lol::lol: Your kundalini has gone to your head in obstructing ways my dear.

LICK? Um... what?

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Vaj this is the 3rd time you've tried to claim you know what I'm thinking or what I'm "assuming" --

You are a kid in tantra my friend. You and I both know that.

Tantric mastery is NOT dependant on a yoga "Asana".

Good luck or LICK..... smile.gif

What the hell!

"you and I both know that"

I don't know that !! -- this is just a silly technique to get attention on your part

Vaj -- already you stated that I made an "assumption" about you and when you pointed out I was wrong about my "assumption" (without stating what my "assumption" was) my response was

"haha"

And therefore I had bad intentions and was evil, etc.

Seriously Vaj -- what was my "assumption" that I was wrong about?

It's really sad that you go on and on about Buddhist this and that yet need to make stuff up!!

Again to state I know something -- without having any basis to say so

To state I make an assumption -- without proving any details

Then to claim you correct what I "know" and what I "assume"

And then the strange male sex allusions....

Meanwhile you then state you should have not responded to me (and others) yet you go ahead and RESPOND AGAIN with a strange sexual innuendo

LICK!

Sorry about your girlfriend wanting you to change your avatar - but then she is on your avatar and she did call you a butt-head.

So maybe you SHOULD change your avatar -- maybe you ARE a butt-head! haha.

Meanwhile this whole website is about YOU and YOUR BUDDHIST VIEWS -- this is a Taoist website if you haven't noticed. Vaj this thread is about how Theravada mind yoga is against full-lotus and fasting which ARE practiced in Taoist qigong.

So the whole mind yoga Buddha scene only emphasizes my original point....

thanks.

And please don't respond and we can just ignore each other....

And sending me a PM just makes it worse -- I don't read PMs from pervs and believe me I've had several PMs from pervs from this website before. I know better than to open a PM from a perv.

He has said that he is not a Buddha and I have said many times that I am not a Buddha. I have said this to you many times my dear.

Why do you persist? It's baffling. I've never met anyone so persistent in pulling someone down to their level. It's utterly amazing and comical until you get really personal, then it's just outright rude. You ask questions so that you can use the information against the person you question.

I feel for you Songs.

It seems I have to keep clarifying for you. Ah well... everything is sadhana. ;)

Edited by drewhempel

Seriously Vaj -- what was my "assumption" that I was wrong about?

You assumed I was wealthy and grew up wealthy because I grew up in Siddha Yoga. You also assumed many mis-conceptions about Gurumayi. Also... of course you do Karmayoga at an ashram. Of course part of any paths practice is Dakshina, or offering of money, but it's not required in SY, though programs have prices. I do find the prices to be expensive and they are regulated by SYDA foundation to support the global organisation, but Gurumayi lives in a simple accommodation. She has often tried to lower the prices and talk with SYDA. Anyway... that's a whole lot of complexity that is not needed here, but you brought it up, asked questions, then used the information as fodder for personal attacks. But, of course you have to have familiarity with the teachings of that lineage and have transmission before you can live there. Please don't make these threads about me. I almost don't want to post anymore because of the group that constantly attacks me and turns threads into bash VH threads. It's very sad. But, I do think some mis-information should be addressed. So I do.

By the way... I don't play with psychic powers. Whatever arises I let arise, thoughts, etc. I work on my awareness of mantra in my heart, that is mostly what I do and doing psychic stuff with the will of my ego is not what spirituality is about in my opinion. But, you can have your own path of progression. That is fine!

But, you have an incredible amount of confused assumptions about your experiences and tantra. I just decided not to talk with you because of your pride. You keep taunting me so for the sake of others, these assumptions should be clarified.

It's really sad that you go on and on about Buddhist this and that yet need to make stuff up!!

Huh?

To state I make an assumption -- without proving any details

I didn't feel that I should have to because you wouldn't listen as you are too hopped up on yourself, plus your assumptions were obvious assumptions. It seems more and more that you are actually schizophrenic and should get some help. O's at a D? Lick? You seem to be stuck in the hungry ghost realm, seeing all the dead people when your 3rd eye opened? That's not a high level realization. Please be humble. I'm no Buddha, but I work on being honest about my capacity in whatever way.

This is my honest opinion. That realm you are associating with is the preta realm. Focusing on sexual energy and psychic orgasms?

LICK!

Lick? What are you referencing here with lick?

Sorry about your girlfriend wanting you to change your avatar - but then she is on your avatar and she did call you a butt-head.

Another assumption. I changed it and she doesn't know it. Because people like you use it as a prop for personal attacks.

Meanwhile this whole website is about YOU and YOUR BUDDHIST VIEWS -- this is a Taoist website if you haven't noticed. Vaj this thread is about how Theravada mind yoga is against full-lotus and fasting which ARE practiced in Taoist qigong.

Actually, I just write in various threads, but... people like you constantly attack me and make it about me. I'm here just sharing my brother. I am also trying to temper how I share my personal experiences and visions so that some folks don't get bent out of shape and use these sharings as places to attack from.

I thank you guys for that.

So the whole mind yoga Buddha scene only emphasizes my original point....

thanks.

You don't yet have an understanding of what Vajrayana teaches. We have physical yoga postures of which there are many lineages of practice. We also learn full lotus. For clarity of information. Of course on this board... we are going to talk sutra which is mind contemplation in nature. What you consider mental masturbation? I would look in the mirror before I call someone else a perv. The first topics you brought up when you came in here?? What do you keep repeating over and over again about O's at a D?? I don't really know you as a person. My first thought of you was that you were a nice person. But, your arrogant assumptions about me personally are not really reflective of that first impression.

I wish you well.

And please don't respond and we can just ignore each other....

That's fine. I was trying to, but if someone makes wild assumptions about things. Though I ignored them last night, I do find that people should be helped into a clearer perspective. No hair off my chest.

Take care. :)

What's wrong with you people? :blink: V: I think drewhempel is asking you not to tell him what his own views are.

drewhempel: Oh wait, if you're saying that enthroning live goddesses made old Nepal or pre-Buddhist Tibet full-fledged matriarchies or something... :lol: What about female Buddhas and female Tulku lineages? Not to mention patriarchal Indo-Persian goddess worshipers? Goddess worship has nothing to do with female empowerment like feminists seem to think. I should know. I live in Kolkata, a city dedicated to the ultimate embodiment of feminine power. The source of this pervasive delusion is probably due to the overbearingly masculine Christian God and certain aspects of western popular culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkhzHQO7jY :D

Edited by nac

V: I think drewhempel is asking you not to tell him what his own views are.

Ah... no Nac. Drew is mistaking me for Vajrasattva. Not the first time this has happened. Vajrasattva said Lick to him and called him a kid in Tantra, so used these lines against me thinking he was I.

Will the assumptions ever stop?

I promise to work on mine if you work on yours. :)

Ah... no Nac. Drew is mistaking me for Vajrasattva. Not the first time this has happened. Vajrasattva said Lick to him and called him a kid in Tantra, so used these lines against me thinking he was I.

Will the assumptions ever stop?

I promise to work on mine if you work on yours. :)

:lol: That makes sense. I would've mixed up you two if I hadn't already seen your posts in E-Sangha. (and if Vajrasattva didn't talk about the Creator all the time)

Let's see I stated that "you must have a lot of money" to practice at the Siddha Yoga Ashram -- and you now state that was an ASSUMPTION -- no it was a claim/question.

Vaj -- an assumption is if I had assumed you and your mom had a lot of money and then maybe ACTING ON THE ASSUMPTION I then tried to get money, etc.

Instead I OPENLY stated what I thought to be true and in the reply you OPENLY stated it was not true. No assumptions there VAJ -- sorry to burst your bubble.

Now then as for you and your mom not having money yet living at the Siddha Yoga Ashram -- I LOOKED and I SEARCHED -- I COULD FIND NO

"Sty pen" or -- how did you spell it? STIPEND is how it's spelled.

I'm not demanding that you tell me how you and your mom afforded living in at the Ashram but the only possible way I can see living at the Ashram is

BIG BUCKS. -- There's NO Stipends that I can find. Please correct me if I'm wrong -- I'm sure others would like to know about stipends, "work" for room and board -- scholarships, etc.

As for "learning postures" and other assumptions -- whatever dude -- learning a posture is not the same as making it your main practice.

Chunyi Lin sat in full-lotus for a MONTH without food, water and sleep. Now he says 20 minutes of full-lotus is worth 4 hours of any other practice.

Let's do the math. 4 hours x 6 - one day. 6 x 20 minutes = 3 hours. So 3 hours = 1 day. 365 days = 3 hours times 365 divided by 24 -- calculator anyone?

Let's just say 9000 divided by 10 is 900 divided by 10 is 90.

So 90 days of full-lotus = 1 year of other practice. Now then 3 years of "mind yoga" equals

9 months of full-lotus.

9 months of full-lotus = 3 years of mind yoga.

Is it true or is there some nonlinear feedback in full-lotus not considered?

I don't know but all I can say is YOUR A PERV. haha.

Vaj=Perv. You're a parasite -- constantly posting on here about your mind yoga Buddhism -- ON A TAOIST WEBSITE --

have you no shame?

No assumptions here! That's OBVIOUS.

Yeah you SHOULD LEAVE this website -- because you go on and on about mind yoga Buddhism and this is a Taoist website.

That's just by definition -- by the content of your posts. Besides the fact that your a perv. haha.

Good luck though I feel sorry for you raised in an ashram and then you have a

"rebound relationship" to Tibetan mind yoga

and then you wander around having internet fights with your girlfriend while desperately seeking male attention on the internet.

Not pretty Vaj. Sorry that you can't go into full-lotus but if I were you I'd continue the beer-drinking girlfriend cultivation and then maybe go to school or something.

Don't you have a job? Or does your girlfriend pay the bills? haha.

I just quit a 10 year part-time job, I have a masters degree, I moved in with my parents, I'm looking to reapply to school with federal loans.

No secrets there.

Being celibate in full-lotus is not exactly some sex obsession -- and I can read your chakra energy. You're a Number 2 leaning towards Number 3 but falling back to Number 2 as per Gurdjieff's system (which is from Mahayana). But then you can't sit in full-lotus so I'm not holding you accountable.

You're an average dude Vaj -- good luck with all your low blows making stuff up about other people and then claiming to answer what you just made up about them!

That's called a "strawman's argument" and is cheesy.

And everytime you post promoting mind yoga Buddhism then it's all about YOU and not about this website which is TAOISM. Jiggy?

No you don't but then we're all here with our personal hangups -- we're all here to help each other -- so this thread is all about YOU Vaj -- I'm here to help you because you need it! haha.

Certainly I appreciate you sharing about Siddha Yoga but again -- what stipend?

Now you're claiming that you don't NEED to make the monthly contribution....

how so? I don't see it being voluntary. If you can show ANY evidence that the monthly contribution is voluntary please do so. If you can show ANY evidence that there's stipends to stay at the Siddha Yoga ashram please do so.

Now you claim that gurumayi or whatever wants to lower the price but SDYA won't let her? C'mon she's supposed to levitate cars! And I guess you don't know about that?

What a JOKE! Yes it's a BIG JOKE!!!

That's ALL it is -- so please continue with your JOKE. It's funny.

Edited by drewhempel

:lol: That makes sense. I would've mixed up you two if I hadn't already seen your posts in E-Sangha. (and if Vajrasattva didn't talk about the Creator all the time)

Indeed! :huh:

And about me confusing you Vaj with the "other" Vaj -- yeah I definitely made that mistake. I'm not going to state my opinion about the other Vaj since he's kept busy drumming up business and that is the U.S. way! haha. If people want to go fly to take his classes, etc. He did invite me to his place in Florida -- how nice -- assuming I can PAY of course. haha. He also threatened to beat me up....

haha.

Of course he's married as well or lives with a girlfriend etc.

So have I "confused" you too -- yes and no! haha.

Thanks for correcting me about my error though. Glad to know that it's not as bad as I had thought.

"Sty pen" or -- how did you spell it? STIPEND is how it's spelled.

Thank you for the spelling correction. :lol: I'm always funetyc with my spelling... :P

I'm not demanding that you tell me how you and your mom afforded living in at the Ashram but the only possible way I can see living at the Ashram is

BIG BUCKS. -- There's NO Stipends that I can find. Please correct me if I'm wrong -- I'm sure others would like to know about stipends, "work" for room and board -- scholarships, etc.

Yes, you are wrong. I'm not lying. The stipend is discussed between you and ashram management. :)

Chunyi Lin sat in full-lotus for a MONTH without food, water and sleep. Now he says 20 minutes of full-lotus is worth 4 hours of any other practice.

Many Tibetan Masters do this for years in caves. Still.. very commendable. :)

Don't you have a job? Or does your girlfriend pay the bills? haha.

I support her with my Ebay job, so I'm online a lot. She's not a US citizen, but she did just get a job and starts tomorrow. YAY!! This should help as we share a room and she's with me 24/7... it can be tough. I'm hoping that her new job will help balance ourselves out and she can contribute to the household now.

I just quit a 10 year part-time job, I have a masters degree, I moved in with my parents, I'm looking to reapply to school with federal loans.

All the best with that. I'm looking forward to going to school and starting my Academic carrier at 35. :)

Being celibate in full-lotus is not exactly some sex obsession -- and I can read your chakra energy. You're a Number 2 leaning towards Number 3 but falling back to Number 2 as per Gurdjieff's system (which is from Mahayana). But then you can't sit in full-lotus so I'm not holding you accountable.

Subjective reading is not the same as clarity.

And everytime you post promoting mind yoga Buddhism then it's all about YOU and not about this website which is TAOISM. Jiggy?

Read the welcome sign Drew.

No you don't but then we're all here with our personal hangups -- we're all here to help each other -- so this thread is all about YOU Vaj -- I'm here to help you because you need it! haha.

Welcome to the land of mirrors. Eh?

Certainly I appreciate you sharing about Siddha Yoga but again -- what stipend?

See above. It's a sliding scale thing. Depends on your monetary situation.

Now you're claiming that you don't NEED to make the monthly contribution....

No... it's not required.

how so? I don't see it being voluntary.

It is.

If you can show ANY evidence that the monthly contribution is voluntary please do so.

I have no reason to lie. You can call them up if you want. Why are you obsessed?

Now you claim that gurumayi or whatever wants to lower the price but SDYA won't let her? C'mon she's supposed to levitate cars! And I guess you don't know about that?

I've never heard of her levitating cars.

What a JOKE! Yes it's a BIG JOKE!!!

At the expense of who... you should ask yourself about your intentions.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Thank you for the

When you break up my posts into little segments

spelling correction. :lol: I'm always funetyc with my spelling... :P

Yes, you are wrong. I'm not lying.

Then it might seem I'm "repeating" or "obsessing" as

The stipend is discussed between you and ashram management. :)

Many Tibetan Masters do this for years in caves. Still.. very commendable. :)

I support her with my Ebay job, so I'm online a lot. She's not a US citizen, but she did just get a job and starts tomorrow. YAY!!

"you state"

This should help as we share a room and she's with me 24/7... it can be tough. I'm hoping that her new job will help balance ourselves out and she can contribute to the household now.

All the best with that.

Good luck getting some schooling and with your girlfriend's job, etc.

I'm looking forward to going to school and starting my Academic carrier at 35. :)

Subjective reading is not the same as clarity.

Read the welcome sign Drew.

Welcome to the land of mirrors. Eh?

See above. It's a

Again -- glad to hear there's a sliding scale -- only apparently it's an INSIDE SECRET because neither you nor I can find any evidence of this sliding scale.

sliding scale thing. Depends on your monetary situation.

No... it's not required.

It is.

I have no reason to lie.

Again I have no reason to call them up -- you have the INSIDE scoop -- but how many people are so honored by your presence on an internet forum to find out about this "sliding"

You can call them up if you want. Why are you obsessed?

I've never heard of her levitating cars.

At the expense of who... you should ask

scale and negotiable price, etc. It's not on the website! But I guess

yourself about your intentions.

Some of us have super power INTENTIONS to find out about secret special prices.

haha.

Some of us have super power INTENTIONS to find out about secret special prices.

haha.

Of course it's not on the website, it never has been. I know people who have lived there for 30 years and are taken care of.

If you go for a few months, you most likely have to pay something per month, which is worked out between you and management. I haven't been for about 5 years now and things are always changing. When I first went by myself without my Mom for a few months in 95', it was a couple hundred for room and all 3 meals. Then I extended it to 6 months at the same price. Then I stayed for longer and was there for free, then I extended for much longer and got payed quite a bit of money per month actually. But my Seva (karmayoga) was quite a responsibility. I took care of someone who had lived there since the 70's who has muscular dystrophy. I actually got paid through his insurance. So, that was different and got room and board for 300 out of the amount I was making per month. It was a very nice set up actually. :D

You should relax and not worry about it though. It's no big deal really. If you have a karmic connection with SY, it's fine. If not... why bother thinking about it, or spending time making assumptions about something you find no connection with?

I find a connection with Taoism and have my entire life. I practice the I-Ching divination a few times a year. I love Stigweards contributions to the board and mostly I just read around much of the stuff about Taoism without commenting. There was an argument about view for a while because I don't see the Tao the same way many traditional Taoists do, I see it through Buddhist "right view" of dependent origination. Right View as in the first part of the 8 fold noble path. We debated about the differences in interpretation of, "The Way".

We have all agreed to abstain from such debates though as much as possible. I think me and Stigweard, Marbles and a few others have come to an understanding, not a full agreement, but an understanding. :)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Well as long as your E-bay job affords you the time.... Again you claim I'm "worrying" about SDYA or whatever it's called! haha. Couldn't care less? I was just curious -- you said you were raised in an advaita ashram which obviously begs the question so I asked. Then again the Siddha is expensive so I STATED you must have lots of money. Now I found out differently -- so you state that deals can be worked out. That's great -- but still what about the masses who have no idea -- it's not on the website, etc. So then you answer --

if my karma

haha -- so instead of telling the world that it's possible to cut a deal to do Siddha yoga -- to get shaktipat, etc. the world will find out if their

necessitates...

Chunyi Lin of http://springforestqigong.com has said that he treats people for free as well -- I don't go promoting FREE TREATMENT for SFQ -- because it's for Chunyi Lin to decide. I mean NOW the SFQ has a paid "screener" -- so that you can not talk to Chunyi Lin or Jim Nance unless you set up a PAID appointment ahead of time....

So much for deals, etc.

You say so, the website says otherwise -- I have neither plans or worries as per Siddha Yoga. I was just going on how YOU afforded staying there -- and apparently YOU HAD SOME DEAL with Siddha yoga.

So maybe you are lucky! haha. Yet you seem to have not much education! haha.

35 years old -- we are almost the same age. And yet you can't sit in full-lotus....

Why? Accident?

Again if you want to split of up this message using your E-Bay skills then the content of the message will be changed. FORM = CONTENT -- suit yourself....