baloneyx

What do you see differently when your 3rd eye is open or opening?

@ Therion: can i ask you wich system you practice ? Cheers :)

Has any Bum with Auric-vision ever seen a person that seemed enlightened? Ya know, golden halo around the head, 3rd eye spinning, etc... ?

On Buddah's birthday there was a feast here in the Chinese part of town. I went over because it seemed really fun. There was a market on a square, alot of cultural organisations and projects where promoting themselves. Also alot of stands with food and drinks, nice thus :)

I was halfway the market and suddenly drawn to this very pure energy hanging around. Followed it around and in one of the stands a guy was sitting crossed legged in meditation. As i was looking at him he opend he's eyes and smiled. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was a zen monk and practicing zazen. I told em i had followed he's energy. He grinned with a big smile. I asked him how long he was practising zen and zazen.

He was a westerner and responded he did this for 12 years daily now. I told him i was impressed and asked him some questions about zen. For some reason only minutes later he's mood changed and he started to get annoyed and very strictly told i shouldnt ask him questions but if i was really intrested i should come to he's dojo.

I thanked him politely and went my way. I havent been to he's dojo to meet him. I will do so later probably.

He seemed very very strict, i looked up there dojo and it entails some short ritual and afterwords zazen practice.

He clearly had he's middle and mostly higher centers open but it seemed to influence he's behaviour rather strong. Reason i didnt went to see him yet is that the man, although with probably good attainment also looked unbalanced.

I suggest next time you see a guy in good meditation you just briefly greet him and don't bother him for more than half a minute :)

Edited by King Kabalabhati

He seemed very very strict, i looked up there dojo and it entails some short ritual and afterwords zazen practice.

He clearly had he's middle and mostly higher centers open but it seemed to influence he's behaviour rather strong. Reason i didnt went to see him yet is that the man, although with probably good attainment also looked unbalanced.

That's why lots of Tibetan's think Zen'ster's sit on a cushion too much. But, it's really not the system that's to blame, as it's really individual. At some point he'll learn to bring it all down to earth. Tibetan systems have mudras and physical postures as well to help facilitate the grounding of the higher capacities.

:)

I suggest next time you see a guy in good meditation you just briefly greet him and don't bother him for more than half a minute :)

Yeh your right, probably i was interrupting something or asked him a question wich was to direct.

And although he looked high from it, he's energy was real and very refined. Another reason to surely go meet him again.

Yep Vajrahridaya, he's energybody looked like a pyramid turned upside down. When he can ground all that he gonna be quite powerfull.

Ruthless Reality Path. It is all about bringing balance and harmony on all levels of reality. For this it is very important to know what to do (or not to do) in a situation. Some people need to be healed, some not. Some people need to be helped, some not. Sometimes great harm is done by so called accomplished masters by healing people. It may be difficult to understand because it goes against what we consider normal. That is why it is very important for us to open the heavenly eye so we don't make mistakes.

Yes, different sects have each their own methods of opening the heavenly eye. The way that was transmitted to me involves doing certain internal manipulations to mix energies in the body with energy coming from the sun. It would be nice if I could just explain how its done but I'm not compassionate enough yet to teach so if I did I would be doing it for all the wrong reasons. But when time comes all will benefit who can benefit and those who can't won't.

Sounds good if you ask me :) Thanx for the info Therion.

I mean really see, and I dont mean a change in perspective or anything like that :)

Do you see auras? A purpleish vortex like thing around the center of you vision? or something else different from what the average person will see?

tein-Shinhan.jpg

Any fortunate enough people here to enlighten me on this?

Thanks

I don't know if I would consider my third eye completely open, but I occasionally, visually, see shadow people. And I met my spirit guide once. Mostly my experiences are more physical like skin sensations and intuitive, like hunches. I can't control what I see, they just pop up every now and then. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Tree04

These descriptions for some reason remind me of Indra's Net. I don't know why but that's the impression I got from reading the above.

Is an open 3rd Eye considered a Siddha?

Siddhi... not siddha. Siddhi means supernatural power and siddha means one who is accomplished.

QUOTE: "I've seen the gold ring at the third eye (in a mirror) but it was more like a 3 dimensional glowing sphere set back in the middle of my skull. I also saw what I can only describe as a refractive sheath around my body; like a heat mirage on the hood of a car on a hot summer day".

No i never saw it in the mirror, it was actually with an inner vision and outer vision if that makes sense?

it was as if my inner eye and outer eyes had blended into one.

peace

Ed

In every culture there are people with their third eye open. Yet, in every culture they see different energy systems. If we start to believe that there is ONE correct and objective way things should look like, then we are no longer open. Our eyes shut down.

There are similarites, yes, but no objectivity.

I agree with this 100%, and I want to add this.

What do you see when your 4th eye opens? How about 108th? What if you combine your two eyes into one and see like a cyclops? What can you see if you look with your fingers?

Folks, there is no 3rd eye. The whole point of us being spiritual rather than physical beings, is that even 2 eyes are not quite true/real upon ultimate analysis. Even even 1 eye is not anywhere to be found, if even 1 iota of substance is not to be found anywhere upon examination, then what talk can there be of 3rd eye?

3rd eye, at best, can be a useful and playful metaphor. It can symbolize a new way of seeing things. And any attempt to try to discern in an absolute fashion what's deluded and what's real within the visionary realm is pure delusion from the start. We can, for ourselves, feel what is more and less authentic, but those are not absolute perspectives (nor is there any absolute perspective anywhere).

Can you have visceral, and for all intents and purposes real paranormal experience? Yes! It's possible. You can enter into a magical realm where nothing you've ever known applies. It's possible. But there is no path to it, such as "step 1, raise energy to point X, then move it to point Y, step 2, open 3rd eye, etc." It's nothing like that. This is just worldly deluded thinking. We, in this realm, like to imagine that reality and action are arranged in layers and proceed in steps. Nothing is further from the truth. There are no steps and no substantial layers anywhere. There is no ultimate structure or substance behind phenomena. All phenomena are empty. But don't take my word for it. Try to find some substance, even a hair-tip's worth of substance anywhere. Be honest. What do you find? Do you find something other than experience? Is that experience distinguishable from a dream or a hallucination? If you think you can distinguish your waking experience from a hallucination, you've obviously never examine this issue, never tested it, never contemplated it.

The goal of spiritual practice is to become disentangled from the specific of your apparent manifestations. In other words, what happens to us is that we get lost in the dream. We get so taken up with the details and specifics of the dream that we forget it's a dream. We begin to think only this realm exists. Only this version of events is real. Only this understanding is the truth. Only this experience is backed up by substance (and all else is either a dream or a hallucination), and so forth. We get caught up and dominated by the contents of our own minds. Instead of beings the masters of our minds we become slaves to our minds.

Do you own your mind? Think about it. If you think your mind is yours, shouldn't you be able to even slightly control it? Yes? Then try to forget your name, or imagine you are a different species. Can you? For most people the honest answer is no, because they cannot control their mind! The mind out out of control.

It's not that our mind is "monkey mind". That's stupid! Don't repeat this useless Zen fallacy. No. Your mind actually can be very quiet and very placid but still be out of control! For example, can you order your placid mind to become agitated? Can you become passionate at will? Thing is, if you are a "naturally" peaceful person, you probably cannot. Any kind of mind can be out of control. Having mind with little content in it is not a sign of master. Let me give you this metaphor.

Imagine a man at the piano. He's randomly hitting the keys at a fast clip and produces a terrible melody. We would call this out of control playing. You tell this man, can you slow down? And he cannot. He just keeps jabbing the piano keys and can't help it but to jab randomly. This person is out of control. Many people wrongly believe that to achieve silence is the goal. So they practice non-playing. They eventually succeed in not hitting any keys at all, let's say. They get so happy... Then you ask them, wait... silence is OK for 10 minutes, now play me some Bach, how about it? The guy goes.... FUCK... shit... I can't play shit! I just know how to not play. So can this person be said to be self-possessed? No. Their mind is still not their own. The piano and the music is not theirs to play. They are a slave to a rigid form. Adhering doggedly to silence is rigid form -- it has no capacity for expressiveness.

So what is good to see? What's good to see is a man who can play randomly and easily switch to playing Bach and easily switch to playing Mozart and easily switch to silence -- this is what I call "having range". You need to have range to have mastery. If you just produce one form forever, that's not range at all, that's called being stupid and stubborn. The goal is to become a creative divine spiritual player who can play any melody and silence plays only a minor role in that. We don't enjoy the ugly sounds we make so we foolishly think silence is the answer. The answer lies in the endless beautiful array of music and not in silence. Silence has its place too.

So it is range that is prized. Experiential range. Being able to do "only this" or "only that" or "only in this way can this be done" -- all these are restrictions on range. These are not liberations if these are your absolute onlys. Any experience can be liberative the second it stops being only. All phenomena are wide open space, wide open possibilities. If you don't see endless possibilities you are wasting your time.

So if you think like this, "only after I open 3rd eye will such and such happen" -- that's not seeing endless possibilities. That's putting a false limit on mind's power to manifest. Scientists are by and large materialists/essentialists/physicalists and thus they believe in limitations. But spiritual people should not try to mimic science in this manner. Essentialism is utterly antithetic to spiritual evolution as it leaves no room for life and for creativity -- it makes all phenomena seem hard, set in stone, predetermine, possible in only one way under only one condition, etc... It takes the endless array of possibilities and converts it into 1 real possibility and an endless number of useless hallucinations and it robs you of your creative power. So don't try to carry over the limits of the old thinking, the things that used to bind you, into your new life.

The problem is not that we didn't figure out our spiritual structure, like which energy channels goes where and so on. The problem is that we believe in some absolute structure at all. Structures are visions and nothing more. Anyone who tells you, "I know how to open your 3rd eye" is robbing you blind, because they are implying that you need to open it and that there is only one way to do it, and many other limitations on manifestation are implied by that statement. Your inherent creative power is destroyed by this if you believe such people.

I think GIH raised some good points here. However, the slight on Zen and silence is a more of a good example of a degraded teaching rather than a valid critique. Silencing the mind is like wiping a window: it may not change the nature of anything, but it makes it easier to see. If you go back in the Buddha's teaching, you see him say "All right, do these things to get the mind calmed down, THEN look at these things." Over time, the "THEN look at these things" gets dropped and silence is valued as an end in itself.

Also, the comment on experiential range. I wonder about that. Most of the "sages" talk about getting out of the prison, getting off the wheel. Improving your range--- how would this be any less ephemeral than anything else? Adding a wide variety of furniture to a cell doesn't change the nature of the cell.

Which brings me to a main point: What is the point of our practice? Is it to attain something: superpowers, bliss, a range of experience, or something else? What does it really mean to get out of the prison?

I agree with this 100%, and I want to add this.

What do you see when your 4th eye opens? How about 108th? What if you combine your two eyes into one and see like a cyclops? What can you see if you look with your fingers?

In my experience when the third eye opens you begin to percieve everything as light. That's my experience anyways.

Love,

Carson :D

You see everything as is, not what you think it is.

They both summed it up nicely! Thanks!

The problem is not that we didn't figure out our spiritual structure, like which energy channels goes where and so on. The problem is that we believe in some absolute structure at all. Structures are visions and nothing more. Anyone who tells you, "I know how to open your 3rd eye" is robbing you blind, because they are implying that you need to open it and that there is only one way to do it, and many other limitations on manifestation are implied by that statement. Your inherent creative power is destroyed by this if you believe such people.

Though you do bring up some good and valid points, worthy of contemplation.

Your being somewhat absolutist here. There is only the illusion, so therefore it's not an illusion. So, the process is valid. Not to be clung to, but seen through and utilized.

It's true though, one can see without eyes from anywhere as all points lead to each other and contemplative awareness is without center.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I think GIH raised some good points here. However, the slight on Zen and silence is a more of a good example of a degraded teaching rather than a valid critique. Silencing the mind is like wiping a window: it may not change the nature of anything, but it makes it easier to see. If you go back in the Buddha's teaching, you see him say "All right, do these things to get the mind calmed down, THEN look at these things." Over time, the "THEN look at these things" gets dropped and silence is valued as an end in itself.

I believe you understand me 100% correctly. You talk as if you're putting a slight correction on what I said, but actually you're just saying what I wanted to say but in a slightly different way.

Silence is not useless. Attachment to silence is useless. You can even spend 99% of your time in silence, and as long as your mind does not close around silence in a tight manner, that's enjoyable, fun, and good too, but it's not good to the exclusion of other good things -- that's also the key.

Also, the comment on experiential range. I wonder about that. Most of the "sages" talk about getting out of the prison, getting off the wheel. Improving your range--- how would this be any less ephemeral than anything else? Adding a wide variety of furniture to a cell doesn't change the nature of the cell.

Which brings me to a main point: What is the point of our practice? Is it to attain something: superpowers, bliss, a range of experience, or something else? What does it really mean to get out of the prison?

Prison is not necessarily exactly the same for each person. But basically what I believe this says is that people feel unfulfilled. Like there is something more "out there". Like there is more to life. Or "am I missing something?" Or the person feels intense suffering and just wants that suffering to end.

So, for someone who feels intense suffering, to end that suffering is number one priority. But suffering is very tricky because when you get rid of intense suffering through a spiritual practice, a more subtle suffering may set in. If it doesn't set in, that's good, then you just enjoy yourself and enjoy your life and you have nothing to worry about, at least temporarily. I'm of the opinion that if something is not broken, it shouldn't be fixed. However, if the subtle suffering does set in, it may be of the type I mentioned above, like "I feel there is more to life... like I am missing something... this can't be it, like if I die now, I will feel I missed out on something important" Something like that.

Now this kind of suffering is not exactly like a prison. While one has coarse intense suffering, it feels like a prison because there are obviously apparent things you'd like to be doing that you cannot do, so that's the prison feeling. But in this case, you feel like there is something you might want to do, but what? It's not obvious. It seems like you're free to do anything, like you are free, and yet there might still be a lingering feeling of emptiness (not the Buddhist emptiness, but like absence of something important).

I believe this is a call to creativity. I believe the goal, ultimately, is not to get out of prison! You go to prison for being a "bad boy/girl". And by "bad", I don't mean to moralize at all, so don't take "bad" too seriously here. But just going with the prison metaphor further, does merely staying out of prison equal a good life? I say no, of course not. Staying out of prison is good, but that's not good life. You can have a pretty miserable life out of prison. I believe that the ultimate goal is not to merely get out of prison, but to have a beautiful, wonderful, creative, free, blessed life. And it's not enough to just get out of prison for that. One has to learn how to express themselves. How to manifest one's dreams into reality. How to make one's highest aspirations real. A man who is still in prison only wishes to get out (unless he gotten used to it and then he's "fine" and doesn't want to get out). A man in prison rarely if ever worries about one's highest aspirations. And to live a blessed life one has to master one's own mind completely, in my opinion. One has to be capable of the highest order of creative expression.

I mean really see, and I dont mean a change in perspective or anything like that :)

Do you see auras? A purpleish vortex like thing around the center of you vision? or something else different from what the average person will see?

tein-Shinhan.jpg

Thanks

To my knowledge it is really not about "seeing" - it just something that happens.

It's really about giving up on sensing, after all sensing is only a defence system. Only then one start to realise what sensing is.

When the experience occurs it involves all the aspects of sensing not only vision, and it includes all the different elements (created by sensing), so one actually never "see" deliberately, it is more like one is being still (silenced) - doing nothing, and then one start to recognise what is really there in action. That everything observed is in the interpreter; the vision, the sound etc. Soon, from there on the sensing possibilities are endless. The vibes, reflexes, shadows, sounds, etc. is there but what we make of it is entirely up to the ideas, traditions and background by which one is measuring and interpreting the vibrations. So in fact it is possible to experience the separation and that is really, really odd.

Maybe one will start to experience anything from expanding the field of sensing, but also sensing the sensing it self is possible. One can sense being inside the eyeball looking around or looking out at the eye seeing the reflexions inside the eye structure, or one can be "outside" in the field surrounding one, sensing the energy structure of senses sensing, the friction between thoughts. One can experience to be "shutlled" along on a beem of light (imagien!)

Yes, yes one can sense aura, electrical particles/waves (all over!), thoughts, and yes vortexes spinning around, flying, sensing over distance, zoom, x-ray. One can experience sensing the relationships and the energy structure between different organs or different organism, realise who is the receiver and who is provider in a group dynamic, who is alfa or maintainer, who will mate, etc. Even also modern means by which people executes this behave, like power lines, telephone calls is possible to see - not just "your call" but all of them at ones (and they arrive in a strait line down from abow!), or maybe one will sense someone who happens to be thinking about you without ever calling. One can experience being inside someone else, an animal even a plant or an organ, a cell inside an organism or a star fare away, incl. experiencing there hole life path.

In realty, like mentioned sensing is actually a defence system, so what we like to call "open the 3th eye", is like giving inn and surrender, it is to detach us from what ever self image we identify us self with and that equals being able to accept any other image what so ever. How unfortunate it is not done by any choice or effort.

Edited by Guest

So what can we make of it? (that what we "see"?) Is this a productive thing to realise or is it in fact a very counterproductive thing, hmm?

It is crucially to understand that we are never able to judge what we sense anyway, and so, what ever we like to think or make of it can be quite misguiding. The quality of the experience - good or better, has nothing to do with the life impulse anyway, what we make of it is based on a momentum entirely depending on where from we arrive in the situation. That is what we face not the life it self.

Edited by Guest

So people's who's 3rd Eye have opened are now Enlightened? At least it seems so to me if I understand your whole post correctly?

I don't know. I have no idea. There is so much I don't know.

I don't believe there is such a thing as Enlightenment. I don't know what you mean by that Fraze. Not that I haven't heart of it before but I never really understood what was meant and nobody has been able to share it with me so fare (what'da hell, I might be wrong:) - surprise me?

Edited by Guest

So people's who's 3rd Eye have opened are now Enlightened? At least it seems so to me if I understand your whole post correctly?

..., also that fraze: "3rd Eye opened" is really a different league to me. "I" was born "awakened", meaning that I experienced the process of birth being conscious and I was "seeing", even before the moment of birth.

To my knowledge I have never experienced something that opened (as fare as I know?) However I sometimes feel it like, like it's alive. I can usely see that "silver-string" (religious people talk so much about) and sensing it penetrating very clearly, while moving it around inside out of the body. It's quite a scene to focus that "thing" on the "3rd Eye, you can imagine. - I wonder if that is what you mean?

Edited by Guest

Hi SereneBlue.....

No...people who have an opened ajna chakra are not necessarily "enlightened". Your question of "So people's who's 3rd Eye have opened are now Enlightened?" is fundamentally flawed because of the need for a definition of the word "enlightenment".....enlightenment can not be defined...it is an ever evolving process....there is no being "fully enlightened" (let the arguements begin ;) ).....there will always be more ego, more conditioning to drop. Enlightenment is something that perhaps can be measured in "degrees" or in "milestones".....but no two journies are the same, so even that is not a very effective way of "measuring enlightenment". Compare the journies of say: Paramahansa Yogananda to the journey of Byron Katie.....similarities? Yes. Differences? Hell yes. Basically, all my blabber is can be summed up in saying, everyone who is enlightened has an open third eye, but not everyone with an open third eye is enlightened ;).

Basically, people with an open third eye percieve things differently....they can "See" energy, they percieve form as "light" and they have heightened intuition....at least that is my experience and the experience of some friends of mine with opened ajna chakras.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Love,

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

Hi SereneBlue.....

No...people who have an opened ajna chakra are not necessarily "enlightened". Your question of "So people's who's 3rd Eye have opened are now Enlightened?" is fundamentally flawed because of the need for a definition of the word "enlightenment".....enlightenment can not be defined...it is an ever evolving process....there is no being "fully enlightened" (let the arguements begin ;) ).....there will always be more ego, more conditioning to drop.

I wonder if this means Shakyamuni Buddha is still having an ongoing Enlightenment process? :unsure:

I wonder if this means Shakyamuni Buddha is still having an ongoing Enlightenment process? :unsure:

No.

Carson Zi is partially right, but not fully correct. There is the constant realization that transcends process, but process still happens, even though one is realized beyond the process.

If you are constantly in the state of recognizing the empty and interdependent nature of everything? The endless process is constantly and spontaneously self liberating in every spherical moment for someone in that realization. Thus, one is fully and totally enlightened.

;)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

tein-Shinhan.jpg

Thanks

Also strangely enough, the so called "open 3rd eye" seems to serve as a light beemer and a controlcenter.

While focusing one can attract others by doing so, in particularly animals respond to this light, even entire groups af animals. You can hunt and catch a deer or a 500 birds this way! And you can remote control matter and technology by that focus

I will give you an example.

Once I was at a dinner. I had already by then decided not to drink alcohol, ever again. (Not that I had any issues with alcohol) I had through my experiences learnt that the effect of alcohol was entirely in the mind and as such I could turn out the effect differently then expected.

Nobody understud my point so I decided to show it instead. I had a fine old cognac and when I drank it I condenced the cognac - qi, and started to move it around in the body at will. They learnt that I could move it "outside" (there really is no such a thing, it's just a matter of speaking!) and even in to others if I liked, I could dessolve it completly or quite oppositely I could store it where ever I liked to do so. Everything happend with an audience. So finally I told the party around the table I would store in my eye, and that became clear to everyone as a fact. I now told people that I would make it rest here for the night and tomorrow I will have hangovers there, cleansing the entire body through that very eye. And so it was. Next morning I had the most ucly, down-right dirty eye you can imagien, full of inflammation and dryed bodyfluits.

Everything we experience is in the mind, not in the celles or molocules. When we experince we actually reapeat what allready took place. Mind is constant out of sync, way to slow to catch up with the life impuls.

Edited by Guest