Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

Ken Cohen interview

Thanks everyone for the questions. I can't possibly ask all of these so I will pick the ones I'm interested in and add some of my own. I am still trying to get ahold of him re: scheduling.

Hmmm, unfortunately I don't think I have the technological capabilities to stream it, I am gonna use a good old fashioned tape player... It has batteries!

Nope, sorry, I don't have the stuff on my computer (it's old) and in any case we had talked about getting lunch so won't be at my house, and I don't have a laptop. I also don't have a minidisc player, nor do I have the money to get one. I do, however, have a trusty tape player. Anyways, I also have to schedule this thing, so wish me luck!! We need our schedules to match up. Preferably on Monday.

Can you record it to your computer or minidisc and turn it into an mp3?

In any event, thanks.

9081[/snapback]

Good luck!!

Also, Ken is even more into Native Indian spirituality then he is Taoism so you may consider touching on that. Perhaps Native Indian stuff picks up in places Taoism leaves off.

Also, I know you are personally into the Native Indian stuff so you and Ken would have that in common already. I don't know much of anything about traditional American Indian stuff but Ken takes gifts of tobacco and herbs and all that pretty seriously I think. If you want to get him some nice tobacco or herbs or something and I will reimberce you for it or pitch in or whatever.

Something good that you would offer a Native Indian Medicine Man.

Something else that just came up .Since he is Jewish :) You may want to touch on how he has reconciled being a Jew by birth, a Taoist priest and scholar, and a Traditional Native Indian healer. And do these traditions all complement each other and ultimately lead to the same truth?

Cameron

Edited by Cameron

Cams line of questioning is very good. Instead of being generic, they take account the Teacher, his specialties and interests.

Michael

Talked to Ken, we are getting breakfast next week!! :) (Not on Monday, sorry Cam. He didn't want to do anything the day he has his workshops.)

Will keep y'all posted.

I get him for one hour! He wants to pick me up at his hotel, and I'm all embarrassed about my piece of shit car. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lozen

LOL! I'm gonna hang out with Ken Cohen (!!!!!) and all I can think about is what he might think about my missing bumper. I am being a dork. I will stop it! I'm gonna get breakfast with Ken Cohen!! :D

If I remember correctly, Rolling Thunder's car wasn't exactly a Lexus or anything.

9093[/snapback]

Yeah baby! That's the spirit! It's very auspicious to dine with a great teacher like Ken.

and I'm all embarrassed about my piece of shit car.  :rolleyes:

9092[/snapback]

Don't worry! A piece of shit car is one of the signs of a serious spiritual aspirant! :lol: (Go to any serious meditation group and you'll see a whole parking lot full of them! :lol::lol::lol: )

Congrats on coming up with the idea and getting to do it!!! :)

Edited by Trunk

Wow, I've gotten e-mails, PMs and even phone calls about this interview. I've started transcribing it today, and I'm almost done, I hope to have it finished by Wednesday and mail it out to Ken for his review by Friday or Saturday, and then however long it takes to get his okay, and then I'll post it. I wrote about the actual interview (a little bit) on my personal log (wow, that sounds so Star Trek!) In any case, I think it will be well worth the wait.

Correction: I am done transcribing, but I have to get to a printer (I just have an i-mac), and I don't think I'll be able to until work on Wednesday night, which means it still won't go out in the mail until Friday.

Edited by Lozen

I can't control myself Lozen asked Ken what his opinion was of the five shen(as used in Michael Winn's system) and he said " What are those?"

Or something.

I asked him about balancing the five shen in order to achieve enlightenment, or immortality, or something, and he said, "What are those?" And I didn't know! He told me the elements were the wu sing. Anyways, he gave this amazing answer which was my favorite part of the interview... HA! Sorry.

And now that we're spilling secrets :P , Cam heard someone ask Ken about whether qi gong was transmitted to us by aliens, and he said, "We're all aliens!"

av madness..I am just going to have no av for awhile..

Wu Xing is not really the same as the 5 shen. I don't think Ken teaches anything about the 5 shen. Wu Xing is textbook chinese medicine stuff..5 elements and different cylces and all that..

I think I am going to start reading Honoring The Medicine finally .Ken said it's better than the qigong book and the qigong book is the best work on the subject IMO..

I was talking about aliens with a bunch of people at a party Sat night..funny how many people say they have seen UFO's flying around.

Edited by Cameron

That was friggin hilarious! If anyone is worried that you might be an alien, you can check out the book The 4 Diemnsional Art of Life by Dirk Oellibrandt, highly recommended:

"By seeing all parts of your being and all experiences as they really are, and by living this in the world, you'll come to the deepest fulfilment in the true experience of 'being human'."

...has a lot to do with the Power of Now times infinite. :D

You got some great answers out of him. Thanks for setting up the interview and sharing it w/ us.

Michael :)

Help, I'm devolving every day! :(

great talk, thanks a lot Yael for doing and posting.

After reading this I really get interested in his books...

affenbrot

You've got to respect the man, but I disagree about his vilification of the internet. Its a tool, not a demonic separation device. I can see people making the same arguments he did over the printing press. Now people will just read, it looses the soul of hand written books, people will be lazy and not memorize anymore etc.

Its a tool. It has traps. We can use it to learn knew things. We can use it as an escape and isolator.

When asked about sun gazing, he didn't really know much. Maybe he doesn't know much about urine drinking either. Yet due to this site, I may not practice them, but I know something about them. I've been exposed to not one viewpoint but several, energetics, medical, cautionary and fanatical.

On sites like this one and its links, I'm getting bits and pieces, viewpoints and ideas that I can collect and make my own. The idea is not to dig 100 shallow holes, but to construct a practice that is multidimensional and complete.

Michael

First off, wow, go Lozen!

Second off, honestly, no one individual has a claim on the totality of enlightenment ;) Find it within yourself!

Last I knew, baldness was I genetic thing.

Matt

Sign in to follow this