Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

Ken Cohen interview

I think his take on the internet as being equivelent to colonialism and raping the land and leaving it are a bit overboard. The funny thing is, I would most likely never have found out about this workshop if I hadn't checked out Ken's site like 2 weeks prior and saw it on his online schedule. Then told Yael about it(She may have known about it but never said anything to me or perhaps would not have spent the money to go).

So this interivew most likely would not have occured without the internet. It would have been funny if Yael had respectfully mentioned as a counterpoint to Ken that he would not be enjoying the delicous cakes and delicious tea and having a nice conversation if not for the internet!

Atleast he could have conceded that the internet is a great tool for spreading information.

Edited by Cameron

Anything in there you wouldn't get anywhere else? Must have missed something...

PS: not questioning your work here, Yael

I think his take on the internet as being equivelent to colonialism and raping the land and leaving it are a bit overboard.

His thinking in those initial paragraphs is along the lines of Wendell Berry's writing (such as Citizenship Papers). Without the background-view, his comments don't make sense. .. worth reading.

Sign in to follow this