Ramon25

3 dantien breathing

Is this the same thing as belly breathing? If not how is it different? I thought there was only 1 Dantien? There are actually 3? :blink:

Edited by SereneBlue

Do full body breathing its just as powerful and I dont like the word dan tian breathing, why not awareness of the dan tian/s as you breath?

APE

• Like 1

Is this the same thing as belly breathing? If not how is it different? I thought there was only 1 Dantien? There are actually 3? :blink:

It's probably a good idea to say what the actual practice is. There may be very different versions of 3 dantien breathing. I think of the 3 dantiens to be; main one if its used alone as the belly, hara, 2 inches from the navel. The second to be the heart area, the third being the third eye(but deeper inside), crystal cave, mid brainish.

Michael

I have had an interesting experience doing 3 dantiens breathing - one which made me assess that it is not the best entry level experiment.

My conclusion was that developing the lower centres was a grounding point to start. When you pack too much light into the upper centres prior to developing the lower centres there is just too much chi pressure. You heat up to fast and all the yang chi rises and traps in the head.

My experience was quite amazing, but it took a couple of weeks to recover. I had a flu like systomology and heat, and general inbalance disturbance. The upper dantien was where I had most of the issue.

I performed the unified chakra meditation followed by 3 dantiens breathing.

Suddenly got hit with a massive 3 day runny nose and head pressure like a pressure cooker.

It opened my 3rd eye and I had an amazing journey into the abdomen while trying to descend the chi from the head to the lower dantien.

I literally transferred my focal point of consiousness inside the abdomen - right up next to what I think must have been the lower dantien. I was in the abdomen, solidly set there (not like a fleeting vision) - I was inside and the dantien ( I think that's what it was) was the most perfect circle I've ever seen. Yellow, and backlit with "smoke" ascending from it - now when I say smoke, it was very fine vapor. There was also a big fire burning along a wall of the abdomen. There was a yin/yang saprk that battled itself in a spin that then careered through subtle channels. I also saw a mass of dark matter with blue star like highlights. It was pretty amazing.

I learned from that experience that the third eye will open when the system is replete with chi, and that I was able to fill the upper dantien enough - even with a few breaths - to activate it with strong yi/will.

I also learned that it is not a healthy way of doing it. I had head pressure and flu like symtoms for about 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Hey what are the effect's of breathing into each of the 3 dantiens.

heh, well, its the same question that eventually led me here, but do mind the foundational preparations for any energy work ;) be sure to be gentle, however it is you're working.

I have had an interesting experience doing 3 dantiens breathing - one which made me assess that it is not the best entry level experiment.

My conclusion was that developing the lower centres was a grounding point to start. When you pack too much light into the upper centres prior to developing the lower centres there is just too much chi pressure. You heat up to fast and all the yang chi rises and traps in the head.

My experience was quite amazing, but it took a couple of weeks to recover. I had a flu like systomology and heat, and general inbalance disturbance. The upper dantien was where I had most of the issue.

I performed the unified chakra meditation followed by 3 dantiens breathing.

Suddenly got hit with a massive 3 day runny nose and head pressure like a pressure cooker.

It opened my 3rd eye and I had an amazing journey into the abdomen while trying to descend the chi from the head to the lower dantien.

I literally transferred my focal point of consiousness inside the abdomen - right up next to what I think must have been the lower dantien. I was in the abdomen, solidly set there (not like a fleeting vision) - I was inside and the dantien ( I think that's what it was) was the most perfect circle I've ever seen. Yellow, and backlit with "smoke" ascending from it - now when I say smoke, it was very fine vapor. There was also a big fire burning along a wall of the abdomen. There was a yin/yang saprk that battled itself in a spin that then careered through subtle channels. I also saw a mass of dark matter with blue star like highlights. It was pretty amazing.

I learned from that experience that the third eye will open when the system is replete with chi, and that I was able to fill the upper dantien enough - even with a few breaths - to activate it with strong yi/will.

I also learned that it is not a healthy way of doing it. I had head pressure and flu like symtoms for about 3 weeks.

That sounds fun, though. Your description makes sense according to what i've read about internal alchemey, cool stuff thanks for sharing.

third eye opening - bone is a semiconductor, so when the threshold of energy is reached, the properties change and it conducts ;)

heh...not only that, but a piezoelectric semiconductor...that's why it buzzes like hell striking that 4096 fork I have :lol:

Edited by joeblast

Hey what are the effect's of breathing into each of the 3 dantiens.

Let's make it simple...:)

1. The first dan tian is you throat.

2. The second dan tian is the chest.

3. The third dan tian is the abdomen.

The effects.

1. If one just breathe into the throat, one will be a very sick person with chronic disease due to the lack of oxygen circulation in the body.

2. If one breathes into the chest(lungs), one is somewhat healthy. Perhaps one may get sick occasionally.

3. If one breathes onto the abdomen constantly, one will be very healthy.

Let's make it simple... :)

The effects.

1. If one just breathe into the throat, one will be a very sick person with chronic disease due to the lack of oxygen circulation in the body.

2. If one breathes into the chest(lungs), one is somewhat healthy. Perhaps one may get sick occasionally.

Thanks Chi Dragon,

I'm resonating more with:

3rd eye = upper dantien

heart = middle dantien

lower abodmen = lower dantien

And I find a very slow build breathing to the lower, a large build but anxiety breathing to the middle, and an even faster build but dizzy and head pressure if breathing to the upper.

My intuition tells me that the adverse reactions will be lessened with a natural progression and development - filling the system with chi over years. And most importantly, with rooting in - all is far more stabilised and the loftier chi can be grounded?

• Like 1

third eye opening - bone is a semiconductor, so when the threshold of energy is reached, the properties change and it conducts ;)

heh...not only that, but a piezoelectric semiconductor...that's why it buzzes like hell striking that 4096 fork I have :lol:

Nice, Joe. I've been feeling the approach of me including chakra toning into my meditaions. I've been using kriya mantras ascending and descending which is wonderful - but I can feel the tones knocking at the door to be included soon.

I find when i do a little each day, very easy does it, it is building an unfolding to a beat of its own harmonic - so to speak.

4096 you reckon - would that be the same tone found on an online tone generator? 4096, is that the heart chakra resonance or the 3rd eye?

That sounds fun, though. Your description makes sense according to what i've read about internal alchemey, cool stuff thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mokona

It was fun, I must say. But the kind of fun that spurs you on to become the mountain, rather than hack a machette trail through the bush.

I feel that it was helped along by whatever energetic/earth/astrological shifts were coming through on that day - like we had some new software update.

But the unified chakra meditation calls a lot of power forth, and the dantien breathing pulled in heaps of chi.

The issue was that when it got stuck in the head, there was a threshold of panic, which was a concern - and I just couldn't transmute the pressure until later in the evening.

It only started getting fun when I projected into the abdomen - then it felt very comfortable, like a taste of how I'm supposed to be, or will be in the future.

I'd love to hear from someone with more practical knowledge of navigating the internal anatomy via the third eye - it was very powerful.

It just feels like I need to upgrade my system to replicate it. :D

The breathing technique I used was to build a sphere of light infront of the dantien on the inhale, hold for the same time and allow the intensity of the sphere to burn bright like a star, then exhale for the same time and know that the light is filling the dantien.

I use that breath through all the chakras, and upon doing the same breathing into dantiens - the effect is not as strong as the first time - so perhaps it was a cleansing that took place the first time - and the residual energy was stronger, and now its about building the whole system up.

Thanks Chi Dragon,

And I find a very slow build breathing to the lower, a large build but anxiety breathing to the middle, and an even faster build but dizzy and head pressure if breathing to the upper.

You welcome.

Thank you. You had just described your level of breathing experience. What you are describing is completely normal. Thus it is exactly how I would expect it to happen. Anyway, if you are resonated with the "third eye" approach, then this is where I stop....... :)

Edited by ChiDragon

Let's make it simple... :)

The effects.

50c9c06f-ad78-4fb3-9abb-f1e600223e22.jpg

*facepalm* I'm really not out to pick at you, CD, but where dooooo you get these arbitrary musings?

Thanks Chi Dragon,

I'm resonating more with:

3rd eye = upper dantien

heart = middle dantien

lower abodmen = lower dantien

My intuition tells me that the adverse reactions will be lessened with a natural progression and development - filling the system with chi over years. And most importantly, with rooting in - all is far more stabilised and the loftier chi can be grounded?

Keep on working at smoothing out the physical and then the energetic will have less noise for you to decipher. When breathing into the upper, if you involve your sphenoid sinus too much that will cause something like what you described. You have to be very gentle with the area, otherwise its just a recipe for a headache. Dont worry about the qualitative minutiae about a particular energy center...when you work with them, just try to nudge the natural energetic waxing and waning of the energy center in tune with your breath, stay gentle with higher locations. Sometimes you get scratched by the bushes when you just charge on through 'em :lol:

Nice, Joe. I've been feeling the approach of me including chakra toning into my meditaions. I've been using kriya mantras ascending and descending which is wonderful - but I can feel the tones knocking at the door to be included soon.

I find when i do a little each day, very easy does it, it is building an unfolding to a beat of its own harmonic - so to speak.

4096 you reckon - would that be the same tone found on an online tone generator? 4096, is that the heart chakra resonance or the 3rd eye?

Yeah I have a 4096Hz tuning fork. First time I struck it almost felt like someone was pushing a pencil tip into my forehead. I suppose an online tone generator would do also, but "there's something about the natural event," kinda like seeing the rings of saturn through your backyard telescope vs looking at a picture.

Thanks Mokona

It was fun, I must say. But the kind of fun that spurs you on to become the mountain, rather than hack a machete trail through the bush.

I feel that it was helped along by whatever energetic/earth/astrological shifts were coming through on that day - like we had some new software update.

But the unified chakra meditation calls a lot of power forth, and the dantien breathing pulled in heaps of chi.

The issue was that when it got stuck in the head, there was a threshold of panic, which was a concern - and I just couldn't transmute the pressure until later in the evening.

It only started getting fun when I projected into the abdomen - then it felt very comfortable, like a taste of how I'm supposed to be, or will be in the future.

I'd love to hear from someone with more practical knowledge of navigating the internal anatomy via the third eye - it was very powerful.

It just feels like I need to upgrade my system to replicate it. :D

upgrade bandwith! :D always stay calm, because there's really no danger, just keep the center and take the appropriate actions. If you start feeling too much qi in the head, its probably about time to stop doing whatever practice is causing it and switch gears, many methods to descend, dissolve, bring it down the central channel, pick the method that resonates with you. Once you're done with that, scalp massage and stillness are very handy tools to employ.

Bascially, avoid this:

drw-tom-mouseclean.jpg

because like neural firings, there are cascades of events that follow that you dont want or need after some sort of freak-out. When you realize the root and understand that there is nothing to freak out about, you can let phenomena arises and fall without being perturbed by them :)

• Like 1

...and while I can appreciate the heart's ministerial position, in that 3 dantiens MCO practice I linked to before, the middle dantien is treated as the celiac/solar plexus.

*facepalm* I'm really not out to pick at you, CD, but where dooooo you get these arbitrary musings?

I believe that is how we breathe and they are the normal pathway for the air to travel inside the body....:D

I believe that is how we breathe and they are the normal pathway for the air to travel inside the body.... :D

that is correct about the path of the air, but...one may breathe yet have no coherent physical mechanisms that would result in dantien energetics. you often say "let's make it simple" and then promptly step right off course. let's make it simple and keep it on dantien energetics ;)

Yes, if I have a simple mind, then I would have been pretended that I know what was being said here. It could be as simple as that........:D

You welcome.

Thank you. You had just described your level of breathing experience. What you are describing is completely normal. Thus it is exactly how I would expect it to happen. Anyway, if you are resonated with the "third eye" approach, then this is where I stop....... :)

Thanks again, Chi Dragon!

What do you mean by:

Anyway, if you are resonated with the "third eye" approach, then this is where I stop....... :)

Keep on working at smoothing out the physical and then the energetic will have less noise for you to decipher. When breathing into the upper, if you involve your sphenoid sinus too much that will cause something like what you described. You have to be very gentle with the area, otherwise its just a recipe for a headache. Dont worry about the qualitative minutiae about a particular energy center...when you work with them, just try to nudge the natural energetic waxing and waning of the energy center in tune with your breath, stay gentle with higher locations. Sometimes you get scratched by the bushes when you just charge on through 'em :lol:

Yeah I have a 4096Hz tuning fork. First time I struck it almost felt like someone was pushing a pencil tip into my forehead. I suppose an online tone generator would do also, but "there's something about the natural event," kinda like seeing the rings of saturn through your backyard telescope vs looking at a picture.

upgrade bandwith! :D always stay calm, because there's really no danger, just keep the center and take the appropriate actions. If you start feeling too much qi in the head, its probably about time to stop doing whatever practice is causing it and switch gears, many methods to descend, dissolve, bring it down the central channel, pick the method that resonates with you. Once you're done with that, scalp massage and stillness are very handy tools to employ.

Bascially, avoid this:

drw-tom-mouseclean.jpg

because like neural firings, there are cascades of events that follow that you dont want or need after some sort of freak-out. When you realize the root and understand that there is nothing to freak out about, you can let phenomena arises and fall without being perturbed by them :)

Thanks Joe

Yes, agreed regarding the relax and change gears rather than panic.

Thanks for the comment:

When breathing into the upper, if you involve your sphenoid sinus too much that will cause something like what you described.

That resonates...

I had the light enter at the mid brow so maybe the path was mid brow, front sinus - sphenoid sinus? I have been known in the past to have sinus issues...maybe it was a cleansing due to the increased chi.

What path would you apply to avoid the sphenoid sinus?

Thanks again, Chi Dragon!

What do you mean by:

The name "third eye" is only an imaginary term from a non-scientific point of view which I am not very fond of.