Bum Grasshopper

Brainwave entrainment for Kunlun

Ian,

Yes, the CD I'm using is the one from the website though I bought it at Borders. GAMMA Meditation System. I believe the GMS 2.0 is hyper-gamma which is different. GMS is more of a soundscape, rather than music.

Awakened Mind System 2.0 (single cd) is also excellent.

What else would you like to know?

G

Well, just what you experience when using it, I guess, if that goes into words. I've ordered it anyway, so I guess I'll find out soon enough... :)

i would not recommend messing around with gamma frequencies. I did and it didn't end well. Specifically 42hz

Edited by mwight

i would not recommend messing around with gamma frequencies. I did and it didn't end well. Specifically 42hz

Did you allow yourself to ramp down to beta? Perhaps you ramped too quick.

Did you allow yourself to ramp down to beta? Perhaps you ramped too quick.

I made a custom preset with brainwave gen... started at 12hz and gradually raised over 30 minutes to 42hz, stayed at 42hz for 30 minutes and then came back down to 12hz and stayed there for 5 minutes before ending.

Used it for a week, before I tripped my balls off.

I gained a lot of insight and knowledge and completely reshaped my world view, but I also lost my job, and a lot of other crap.

I do not recommend messing around with gamma frequencies.

I am actually working with an electronic engineer to build a headset which lets you measure the amplitude and hemispheric synchronization of any specific brainwave frequency you choose. We are working to make it as cheap as possible, in a self contained unit. I believe this would be a lot safer to guide yourself to this state without forcing yourself into it with entrainment. I will keep the community posted if it ever manifests.

Edited by mwight

30 minutes in gamma is a lot to start out with. I can only take 5- 10 min before I start bouncing off the wall. Sorry about your job and stuff. Let me know when your headset is finished. Sounds cool.

30 minutes in gamma is a lot to start out with. I can only take 5- 10 min before I start bouncing off the wall. Sorry about your job and stuff. Let me know when your headset is finished. Sounds cool.

I guess its ok but you really have to watch yourself for insomnia and manic type symptoms. I guess 42 (hz) really was the answer, but I wasn't ready for the question. :P

According to some people I have spoken with that have done eeg's on qigong masters during their exercises and healing they display a huge amount of high amplitude delta waves.

The gamma waves come more during metta meditation when you are focusing on the emotion of compassion for yourself and the world, universe.

Gamma also occurs during an epiphany or a eureka moment, when you learn something new and functionalize the knowledge.

So I think perhaps delta brain wave entrainment would be better served for qigong, and kunlun perhaps?

Edited by mwight

According to some people I have spoken with that have done eeg's on qigong masters during their exercises and healing they display a huge amount of high amplitude delta waves.

The gamma waves come more during metta meditation when you are focusing on the emotion of compassion for yourself and the world, universe.

Gamma also occurs during an epiphany or a eureka moment, when you learn something new and functionalize the knowledge.

So I think perhaps delta brain wave entrainment would be better served for qigong, and kunlun perhaps?

Since Kunlun is said to boost your magnetic potential, I have based my program on the Schumann Resonance (the same frequency or the Earth's magnetic field) and it's harmonics. It takes you down to theta and steps up through alpha, beta, high beta, finally gamma before ramping down to SMR.

The tests given in the Pillars book are indicative to the gamma state (drying wet cloths in winter on your back, producing steam from snow by rubbing on body). It says that EEG tests done on Max show high gamma activity.

So far I am pleased with the results of using the track during Kunlun practice. I look forward to hearing other's experiences.

Everything a Taoist needs to know about the Schumann Resonance is found here:

Schumann Resonance

Interesting stuff.

This electromagnetic field around the Earth can be viewed as a stiff jelly. When our bodies move and vibrate, these movements are transmitted to the environment, and vice versa. These fields not only impinge on our bodies, they also affect the charges inside our bodies. When we are standing on the ground, under normal conditions, we are grounded. Our body then acts as a sink for the electrostatic field and actually distorts the force-lines somewhat. The human body also has its own electrostatic field about itself.

There is a harmonic relationship between the Earth and our mind/body. Earth's low-frequency iso-electric field, the magnetic field of the Earth and the electrostatic field which emerges from our body are closely interwoven. Our internal rhythms interact with external rhythms, affecting our balance, REM patterns, health, and mental focus. SR waves probably help regulate our bodies' internal clocks, affecting sleep/dream patterns, arousal patterns and hormonal secretion (such as melatonin).

On a slower scale, a strong influence on the Earth is its geomagnetic field, which is influenced by the following periods: the Moon's rotation (29.5 days); the Earth's rotation (365.25 days); sunspot cycles (11 or 22 years); the nutation cycle (18.6 years); the rotation of the planets (88 days to 247.7 years); and the galaxy's rotation cycle (250 million years). Very important rhythms, like hormone secretion and dominant nostril exchange, are in the order of 1-2 hours. In the range of human EEG, we have the Sun's electromagnetic oscillation of 10 Hz, while the Earth/ionosphere system is resonant at frequencies in the theta, alpha, beta-1 (low or slow) and beta-2 (high or fast) bands.

Edited by Bum Grasshopper

satyagraha: check the links below!

for some reason my computer (a new mac powerbook) does not install it correctly, is says: apple script error. any advice?

for some reason my computer (a new mac powerbook) does not install it correctly, is says: apple script error. any advice?

you need to install some player for the flac format like MacFlac or others, they are free.

heir of pietro heh? B)

you need to install some player for the flac format like MacFlac or others, they are free.

heir of pietro heh? B)

this is what i am referring to, the macflac doesn't install.

Is it possible to download the .wav file and convert it so that i could put it on my ipod? thank you guys for the help. as far as the avatar goes i just thought it was funny. :lol:

Is it possible to download the .wav file and convert it so that i could put it on my ipod? thank you guys for the help. as far as the avatar goes i just thought it was funny. :lol:

On the Mac i use the VLC PLayer to play FLAC files. Itunes does not support it unfortunatly. And to play it on your ipod, it would probably be easiest to import the .wav file into Itunes. Although i do not i know if it is a good idea to use a lossy format for these kind of tracks. Maybe Itunes lets you import the .wav file as a lossless MP4 or AAC. If it gives you the option, chose one of those.

Anyone have a .wav of a cool sounding temple bell or gong followed by 20 min of silence, that I could repeat on my CD player?

Here is a nice selection of various temple bells. They even name the locations of the specific temple they were recorded at. You could create a 20 min. long .wav file with Audiacity and put a bell clip at the begining and at the and and burn the .wav as an audio track to a cd.

Edited by freesun

Good fun for just Kunlun, the only real negative is my headphone cable also rubs and makes a "static" noise when I really get into the movement :( so I don't use it all that often. And I still need a timer for the final 20 min closing. Anyone have a .wav of a cool sounding temple bell or gong followed by 20 min of silence, that I could repeat on my CD player?

Mal, this track uses isocronic tones that do not require headphones, but must be at sufficient volume to produce entrainment. Might be a problem at 3AM :P

I based the time according to the suggested 1 hour meditation, adding a bit for the warm up. The ramp down is about 10 minutes, so I use this, then sit quietly for another 10 minutes, giving me a 1:20 meditation.

I have since tweaked the track a bit, softening the horn alert (was startling) and I refined the harmonics for a smoother ramp up. I ended the session at 10hz, the same frequency as the Earth's core.

I am currently working on a mind programming track to get you through the 100 days. When I get that, I can possibly post the new version, and maybe scale down a short session.

that's be awesome, BG! I'm a fan of that first track you did. I havent had time to mess with doing any of my own though.

Bum Grasshopper,

I was having the same issue Mal was but last night I figured I'd just try it with the speakers and was very happy with the results. There were particular moments especially that really resonated my niwan. Very cool!!! And not having to mess with headphones is a *huge* plus. I could tell the entrainment was working as I often listened to speaker locations behind me that didn't exist. The subjective experience was that my niwan was in general a tiny bit more energized than when during normal Kunlun, but there were often moments when there was a real spike of stimulation which had a tickling/amusing vibe to it but would subside before I needed to laugh.

You belong in the Kunlun Hall of Fame... whenever they get around to that. :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda