Sign in to follow this  
Wells

Rigging the election part two

"Stein is on track to raise twice as much for an election recount effort than she did for her own failed Green Party presidential bid"

lol..

I accept.  Payment at the end of January okay?

Sure, except I don't want your money -- in part because I won't be wishing for something bad to happen.

If there are no serious efforts to subvert the election process or to otherwise prevent Trump from taking office, no significant violence in the streets -- if we have a peaceful and orderly transition of power -- I'll gladly send you $20 at the end of January. If that doesn't happen, you keep your $500 ('cause you're probably gonna need it) and you get to live with the knowledge that I was, unfortunately, correct.

• Like 2

As long as it is kept legal and no new laws are created to deal with this nor no existing laws modified for that purpose I see no problem.  If there is no double dealing I would likely have no problem with the final outcome.

But at the time point of the election no one of both canditated would have the necessary 270 votes,

if it is still in question / under investigation how 3 states have turned out,

possibly giving the opportunity for Clinton to demand to be elected for her alleged lead in the total of the popular votes!

Which would lead to major civil unrest because it is blatantly unconstitutional. What the Constitution stipulates is that such a situation would go to the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to vote and select the President, but that would lead to orchestrated violent protests in the streets...

The deck has been carefully stacked by ones who no longer care if their fingerprints are all over it. What remains to be seen is whether they can maintain the level of ignorant fomentation in both camps needed to fan the spark into a wildfire (if you'll pardon the mixed metaphors).

Edited by Brian
  • Like 4

But at the time point of the election no one of both canditated would have the necessary 270 votes,

if it is still in question / under investigation how 3 states have turned out,

possibly giving the opportunity for Clinton to demand to be elected for her alleged lead in the total of the popular votes!

But the popular vote has never mattered in American politics.  Only the Electoral College is legal. 

• Like 1

I think there's been 2 other times candidates have lost the popular vote and won the electoral.  Most recently Gore vs Bush in 2000.  Happened in 1888 too. 

Trump won the electoral by a relatively large lead.  Three contested states would have to flip to change the result.  Then it would probably go to the supreme court.  Also the thought that Obama a power mad despot is a hyper partisan fantasy.  There's no way he'd declare martial law inorder to stay in power or create constitutional, political and social havoc to change the results through executive order to give it to Clinton.

I get the feeling the only reason Clinton is going along with a recount is to make Trump squirm.  Which is ironic since he's the only claiming 2 to 3 million fraud votes that got from 'some guy' on twitter.  If he believed that he should call for an investigation so that such massive could be stopped next time, but because its not true, he won't call for such.  It was just lip service to his constituency. 

• Like 1

I'll gladly send you $20 at the end of January. If that doesn't happen, you keep your $500 ('cause you're probably gonna need it) and you get to live with the knowledge that I was, unfortunately, correct.

I don't 'need it'.  I get annoyed at the frequent 'end of the world' threads or in this case, martial law, internment camps coming this December, that I wondered if those who post them really believe it?  Had any confidence or were just blowing smoke.  I figured the best way to test it was to offer a bet.   More of a psych experiment then a way of making money.

On the other hand, the board often has people making predictions that I find ridiculous.  I should set up a bettarium, maybe in my PPD, where there can be gentle bets that have some tracking to separate probability from fantasy. 

• Like 1

Imminent doom may or may not be upon us now, but there`s something in human character that likes to imagine it is.  Some years back I participated in something we called "the gung": a number of groups throughout the US and Canada meditated for a month together three hours a day in order to prevent the mass destruction our qi gung master said was surely coming.  At the end of our service nothing happened, leading some to believe that our efforts had been misguided and others to believe that we`d saved the world.

Big bad unlikely things do happen.  (Philosopher Nassim Taleb specializes in such events and calls them  "Black Swans." He has written a slew of books about the phenomenon for those who might be interested.)  If I was a betting man, which I`m not, I`d throw my cards in with TheLerner.  Most of the time, by definition, things continue pretty much as usual -- which is to say, badly but not freakishly badly.  TaoMeow`s puppet masters may indeed be fomenting all sorts of evil change behind the scenes, but, for most of us, the puppet show will go on as advertised. Then again, very occasionally:BOOM.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

Imminent doom may or may not be upon us now, but there`s something in human character that likes to imagine it is.

In most places, it's just knowing history, knowing what has already happened, that causes people to "imagine things."  About 5% of the world population have been spared first hand knowledge of how these things go.  For them, it's very easy to extrapolate the "so far so good" state of affairs and dismiss what it was like for the rest of the world at least for the past one hundred years. 

For these lucky few, reality itself becomes a wild tale made up by "fearmongers" to scare the impressionable.  They've never seen, visited, or escaped what to them is a land of make-believe, a land where most of the rest of humanity dwells from time to time, on and off, with clockwork regularity -- a  land of homes razed to the ground and concentration camps and internment camps and refugee camps and torture and hunger and poverty and fear and being trapped in impossible circumstances with no way out.  I hope with all my heart they never will. 

But to make fun of those who have a wider perspective instead of trying to understand where they're coming from might lower their chances to weather the storm when it's their turn to weather the storm.  I've read many stories about, and by, people who survived impossible circumstances.  They all have this to report -- those who had been shocked out of their comfort zone of optimistic beliefs into the inhumane reality perished first. 

• Like 2

OP is bogus.  Anonymous really is bogus anymore.  There are some surviving splinter groups but the post more videos than anything.  Meaning they are just a bunch of Crackers (kids with hacking programs rather than skills) which is much different than an actual talented hacker who can be a real and lasting threat.

I've reiterated this many times especially in 2014 when they caught the last of the real hackers who got everything networked.  Now they have to guess who they can trust and have even made some dubious misteaks.  Some of these include releasing the personal information on the wrong antagonist (or person) they may be fighting against.  It is pathetic.  So, maybe the OPster might not believe the source or the information and I hope they do not because it is [as I sound like a broken record] the worst popular tripe. 

It's not that bad things don't happen.  Black swans come, more frequently then people suspect.  I just think its important not to see all dark birds as black swans, cause they ain't.  Call black swan/wolf/impending doom too often- and many conspiracy sites do it several times a year- and you lose the ability to see and forecast real disasters in time to do something.  

Extremists on both sides are too ready to have there cognitive bias's played too.  Willing to believe extremely low odd and nearly impossible things because they play to there cultivated prejudices.   Perhaps ignoring real dangers because they're not so sexy or partisan.   Hitler stole Germany because he was so adept at saying look at the evil bogey men over there.

It's important to understand situations and people accurately.  If you're only getting information from sources that play to your bias's; that are extremely one sided then you're going to end up being wrong, or worse paranoid about the wrong things, and have blind spots to real problems. 

We have things to worry about.  Civil war and internment camps next month are not one of them. 

• Like 2

It's not that bad things don't happen.  Black swans come, more frequently then people suspect.  I just think its important not to see all dark birds as black swans, cause they ain't. 

No, of course not.  Some are not black swans at all.  Some are vultures.  

Vultures are interesting in that they don't "occasionally" get their nourishment from dead bodies.  They always get it this way.   

To set up really weak targets to strike and defeat is very easy.  There's four thousand years' worth of material to watch and read on public sites today, 99% of which is crap.  Much of that crap is placed there strategically, to misguide, misdirect, distract, discredit, compromise the very idea of looking beyond the officialdom for information.  Don't fall for it.  There's always this 1% worth getting, and I know it's an ungrateful task to dig through a ton of crap before you dig up an ounce of truth.  But without that ounce, you are getting crap from all sources, and zero information about what is really going on and where it might be headed. 

Here's an example (just one! -- do give a read, it's short and to the point) of what you may want to look into before dismissing everything you've never been told by CNN as "conspiracy theories."  As Trinity said in one of those unforgettable Matrix scenes,

"Dodge this..."

https://off-guardian.org/2016/11/06/the-path-to-total-dictatorship-americas-shadow-government-and-its-silent-coup/

• Like 2

Well, if any Elector does not honor the vote of the people it would mean a political death sentence for that Elector.

We'll see what happens.

I saw something about if the Elector does not vote according to their precinct's vote they can be dismissed and fined.

• Like 2

Apparently cables that happened in 1979 had to do with Isis.

@Wells

CQ1KXNGUcAAq6A4.jpg

aaaand...

liberals-vs-conservatives.png

The point is that Republicans/Conservatives do not exterminate.

So, you should be thankful and lucky.  Liberals do oppress people, which is the next best thing to extermination I suppose.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this