thetaoiseasy

Some Beginner Cultivation Tips

This will just be a food for thought. I will share another perspective that I rarely like to talk about.

When people ask me how far to take their energetic practices, I often say: stay at the chi level, not at the sen level. In other words, do not take qi practices far, until you are over 40 years old, and you are completely financially supportive, because society will not support your spiritual energy. No one will listen to this recommendation, but I'm telling you my experience.

When your energy levels are higher than others, you will find it hard to relate to others and function in society. Your perception is so different. What gets other people excited and enthusiastic will be a bore to you. The fact is, once you experienced real qi flow, how do you function in mundane sphere of gossip and petty emotions?

You hear the energetic vibrations of everything. You see colorful light auras around people. Puffs of spiritual particle consolidations visit you all the time. Sound great? These phenomenon will all hone your spiritual intuition and are fascinating And some people make this the goal of their cultivation.

But to be honest, I would only enjoy this phenomenon if I was a spiritual teacher, or I was already out of society, living amongst nature. The energetic patterns of the world is very difficult to enjoy. What I'm saying is that, with greater sensitivity, you realize there is only sick industrial energy and very crude emotional energy in this world.

I often espouse the benefits of celibacy in this thread for spiritual development, for example. But honestly? I don't think this should be strict rule for most. Why? People who already have a high spiritual energy and are celibate will have trouble functioning in society.

When your center of gravity is in your head, you will not have enough ambition and drive. In other words, people might refer to you as lazy. You also become very sensitive to how people feel and how you feel. It's hard to take the crude attitudes of others, and you often just don't know hot to respond. Furthermore, your intelligence will also seem to deteriorate. Does that sound like a bold statement? When you do qigong practices, your cerebral cortex shuts off. Your metabolism also slows down. This qigong state is something I've personally experienced for years: Good for ant-aging, bad for functioning in society.

There is a reason why all sages espouse the foolish and dumb and meek...and how they are the true kings in the world. They are spiritual kings.

What I'm getting at is: use spiritual practices to support your real life, when you are young. Don't use your life to support your spiritual practices until you are older. I'm also saying that all three spheres of life are important. Do not neglect the mind for spiritual energy, because this world is ruled by the mind. I went headfirst into spiritual practices since my teens and suffered many overload symptoms. To this day, I limit my energetic practices, because too much spiritual energy of light and sound affects my work in an academic institution.

Anyhow, if you are just starting out, you might think I'm full of shit. And you will ignore what I say. It's okay. But once you spend a longer time in your practice, I think you might slowly agree with me in some respects.

Take care guys.

Best advice I've ever read. and I can attest to it from experience.

However, there is another side to it, and you can use your spiritual powers for material ends. Although most of the time you won't feel like it because it's completely uninteresting and a bore. Healing included here too, as you don't feel like healing someone who is just going to say thank you, if you are lucky, and get back in the rat race.

You say to practice till you get to the Chi level rather than "Shen". How can you even tell the difference?

-My 2 cents, Peace

.. You will know. When you can hear the planets singing and the stars are telling tall tales from afar, the sound of natures growth trumping the sound of local humanity, it's difficult not to notice you've suddenly entered a new world.

• Like 1

i know in Traditional Judaism your not allowed to be exposed to mystical teachings until your 40 and married with kids.....guess this is suppose to keep you effectively grounded.

That is one good purpose, although perhaps not the original reason. I heard that the main reason for beginning at the age of 40 has to do with their gematria, more so than any other reason...the Hebrew letter mem is equated with 40. This "rule" was actually done away with by major Kaballah figures in the sixteenth century, who thought it should be open to all, according to this book. Apologies for the brief slightly off topic post.

I have also had a question for a while now...

At a certain point, the crown opened pretty much permanently due to alchemical practices. There's a constant sensation of a flame of light dancing above the crown to the forehead area, which seems to be not beneficial despite what we'd assume...like everything in the body is attracted and transmuted into it. I've tried many things...not practicing anything, not being around spiritual stuff, not being overly intellectual, etc. Different sections of the head will have this effect, like more condensed aspects of halo light are streaming out from the brain in different areas. I asked my teacher back in the day and got some decent advice (one thing was laying down and belly breathing with the hands on the navel right outside of left), which didn't "fix it" but only slightly helps. Basically anything I practice, even grounding things, all end up rising out of the head after the fact, and the best thing to do is nothing...which is disappointing lol.

So, if you have any tricks up your sleeve, I'd be interested. Seems kind of like...we should not be so keen on alchemy if it's actually a health diminishing result.

to turtle shell:

I'm experiencing the same thing as you :)

I have done some research and on the looks of it; it and it is based on the evolution of your chakra's (higher energy state).

There comes a point where your crown chakra binds your body with your "higher dimensional" body.

Try to feel if you can sense something 8 inch above your crown chakra and 8 inch below your spine.

Beside the 7 chakras your used to, there is supposed to be 7 more outside your body, 1 below your spine (omega) and 6 above your crown chakra (alpha).

Omega bind you to the earth like super glue, and alpha bind you to "heaven" (spiritual awareness etc).

I hope this helps.

If anyone has more experience with this then your welcome to talk about it :D

Edit: I said delta instead of omega, thats now corrected.

Edited by ragamor

I have also had a question for a while now...

At a certain point, the crown opened pretty much permanently due to alchemical practices. There's a constant sensation of a flame of light dancing above the crown to the forehead area, which seems to be not beneficial despite what we'd assume...like everything in the body is attracted and transmuted into it. I've tried many things...not practicing anything, not being around spiritual stuff, not being overly intellectual, etc. Different sections of the head will have this effect, like more condensed aspects of halo light are streaming out from the brain in different areas. I asked my teacher back in the day and got some decent advice (one thing was laying down and belly breathing with the hands on the navel right outside of left), which didn't "fix it" but only slightly helps. Basically anything I practice, even grounding things, all end up rising out of the head after the fact, and the best thing to do is nothing...which is disappointing lol.

So, if you have any tricks up your sleeve, I'd be interested. Seems kind of like...we should not be so keen on alchemy if it's actually a health diminishing result.

Perhaps consider a move to Australia

Hehe, sounds good actually.

Edit: Yesterday I did a ton of HRV breathing (inhale sharp, exhale as slow and long as comfortably possible...or basically 1:2 breathing)...and today I actually didn't have the crown thing the whole day until 11 pm, which was quite a relief. Non-coincidentally 11 pm as we know is the liver time. Looks like the advice of breathing offered here previously was quite good. And that the Taoists were onto something by breathing during the hour of tzu.

I will see if this breathing gets rid of the issue entirely, and report back.

Omega bind you to the earth like super glue, and alpha bind you to "heaven" (spiritual awareness etc).

Yea I've tried to connect with lower chakras, and basically send all of my energies into the earth. At least personally, it causes all of the earth energies to rise in my body and the resultant upward transformation becomes very strong...worse than if I had simply done nothing. What goes down must go up I guess.

Edited by turtle shell

Speaking of berries, there's a new one on the block... Maqui. Anyone tried? Reputed to contain twice the level of antioxidants found in Acai. Will be getting a month's supply next week. Will post results.

Hi there,

I find your post on energy fields quite interesting.

I wonder is your reading on a present basis e.g if someone has had a bad time recently will you be able to feel that? Or is it just an overall sense of their makeup?

Also can you tell me my field centring just based on this message? I would like to know what your feel is compared to my own!

thetaoiseasy, good posts. I've learnt a few things.

One thing I always forget is the that the journey counts. I tend to get so involved that I lost the joy of practice.

don't first open your channels--that is, resolve your sexual attachment and emotional longings for love or acceptance

As of late i have been struggling with these kind of attachements and i have found these kinds of emotions can be quite the challenge. From your statement basically your saying if i continue to cultivate then these things will eventually solve themselves?

Edit: A note i am fine and comfortable by myself...but i have noticed that when i am around the opposite sex it can trigger some pretty intense longing and suffering.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen