GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism; the way you play it is free will." - Jawaharlal Nehru

• Like 4

"You must relax. In Tai Chi Chuan, this does not mean to simply let go. In Chinese this means "Jou". It is a combination of being loose, relaxed and hard."

• Like 1

I thought this was a very interesting quote: "The higher the initiate, the more difficult the childhood" Dion Fortune

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

"...and let that be a lesson to you. From now on, when I am giving instruction in a technique, you will listen attentively, and not attempt the technique until I have fully explained it, and you fully understand the instructions. This is nei gong, not guided meditation hour."

One day he was with his disciples in Judea, and he found them gathered together and

seated in pious observance. When he [approached] his disciples, [34] gathered together

and seated and offering a prayer of thanksgiving over the bread, [he] laughed.

The disciples said to [him], “Master, why are you laughing at [our] prayer of

thanksgiving? We have done what is right.”

He answered and said to them, “I am not laughing at you. <You> are not doing this

because of your own will but because it is through this that your god [will be] praised.”

They said, “Master, you are […] the son of our god.”

Jesus said to them, “How do you know me? Truly say to you, no generation of the

people that are among you will know me.”

Good times with the Gospel of Judas

• Like 1

' You need a certain kind of front to breeze in from an alternative reality in the back of a time-travelling Volvo and sit in a Presley City bar, with a two headed nipper on your lap, complaining to a private dick from the twenty-fifth century that you don't have time for nonsense'.

(Robert Rankin... The Suburban Book of the Dead.. p. 208).

"{Piety} is what people think of when they hear the word 'religion', a matter of believing more in a set of doctrines than in the mystery those doctrines point to."-James A. Connor. Silent Fire

If you had taken as much LSD as Paul McCartney then you wouldn't eat anything with a face either.

(Robert Rankin)

Same guy....

"Ganesha, isn't he Dennis the Menace's dog?'

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Since everything is but an illusion, perfect in being what it is, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one might as well burst out laughing! - Longchenpa

• Like 2

"But that chick looked so ugly she had to sneak up on a glass to get her a drink of water."

Bo Diddley from the song "Say Man"

• Like 1

"The true way goes over a rope which is not stretched at any great height but just off the ground. It seems more designed to make people stumble than to be walked upon."

Franz Kafka

Edited by PLB

"The true way goes over a rope which is not stretched at any great height but just off the ground. It seems more designed to make people stumble than to be walked upon."

Franz Kafka

Life seems that way sometimes, doesn't it?

That sentence has been a piece of my mental furniture for decades. I like the way it depicts an explanation for being tripped up in an orthoganal relationship to the experience of successfully negoitiating the tightrope. I think Zhuangzi would have enjoyed Kafka.

"Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians!"

"Star Trekking across the universe. Boldly going forward, for we cannot find the reverse!"

"Your attitude decides whether you are happy or not. You can change your attitude. Choose happiness, concentrate on happiness, and you will find it everywhere." - Remez Sasson

Had to put a serious one in. Although I usually prefer silly quotes. :P

• Like 2

Had to put a serious one in. Although I usually prefer silly quotes. :P

Both are valid. Besides, we shouldn't be silly or serious all the time. Boring!

Edited by Marblehead

If you want in on the Discordian Society

then declare yourself what you wish

do what you like

and tell us about it

or

if you prefer

don't.

There are no rules anywhere.

(Discordian Manifesto)

If you want in on the Discordian Society

then declare yourself what you wish

(Discordian Manifesto)

I haven't heard from those folks for a long time. There used to be a member at another forum I frequent who he and his wife are Discordians. Interesting folks to talk with.