GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Where evil's reach falls short, stupidity gleefully finishes the task. -- Marina and Sergey Dyachenko

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.

W. C. Fields

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 31/03/2024 at 5:38 PM, silent thunder said:

My home lies inside me, it goes where I go.  I am always home.  ~ my Sami ancestors

My home lies on top of me, it goes where I go.  I am always home.  - a snail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is the nature of the human mind that negative thoughts cause overthinking. When we dwell on someone’s good qualities, the mind remains calm and there are few thoughts. But think about something you do not like in someone and there
will be a long train of thoughts. That changes our perception and attitude towards them. - Sister Shivani ( Prajapita Brahmakumaris )

Understand that you are ready for moksha (enlightenment), when you can see your own mistakes. Without awareness, no one can see his own faults. But if he needed to, he can easily see two to five hundred or so faults in others. ~ Ambalal Muljibhai Patel ( Dada Bhagwan )

• Like 3

"Stubbornness has been a more valuable survival trait than intelligence, for the majority of human existence. Which is most of us have a kneejerk reaction of solving disagreements and problems with stubbornness rather than by using our brains."

--Me

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”

-- Richard P. Feynman

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”

-- Richard P. Feynman

:wub:

Thanks for sharing.  One of my heroes and being re-gifted this, this morning is blissful synchronicity.

• Like 1

Before knowing the truth if you depend on your intelligence you can be misled completely.

Intelligence that is without the spiritual insight is your own ego, is not pure intelligence, it is just your ego, which says, “This is right”, “I say”, “I believe”, “I am like this” – that is ego. After realization the truth that comes to you is the real pure truth and is not your ego. ~ Nirmala Devi

A person is wise who does not only know what is right and wrong, but also he knows very well his own power not to do something wrong. He just does not do it.

Wisdom is a complete power within ourselves by which we try nothing. It just spontaneously works through us and we do things which are proper and right.~ Nirmala Devi

Wisdom you don’t get in colleges, schools,universities, nowhere. Where do you get it, the wisdom? You get it through your spirit, which gives you a complete idea as to what is right and what is wrong. ~ Nirmala Devi

“In each moment you must decide which is your master – the Truth or the ego.” ~ Maharishikaa Preeti

You have at the center of your system this truth impulse. And you also have to deal with the great ego noise, the ego lie.

And so every urge to action that arises from your system, its being like a scientist, you are trying to find out where is this urge to action arising from.

Is it arising from the ego noise, the ego lie !

Or is it arising from the Truth impulse, the soul impulse ? ~ Maharishikaa Preeti

Everyone needs to know that they have a guru, and that this guru is the Source of all the answers they need, to navigate this process of living. They need to know that this guru is the AntarAatman or Soul or Source that resides within them, and they need to know how to listen to the answers from Source. ~ Maharishikaa Preeti

• Like 1

"The inner voice speaks unto him who has annihilated his ego or false personality." ~ Swami Sivananda

Never mistake the lower mind’s promptings for the voice of the soul”. ~ Swami Sivananda

“The pure conscience itself is the “Inner Voice”. But the difficulty in the ordinary man is that the voice of the lower mind, the voice of the brutal instincts, is often misunderstood as the voice of conscience. As a result of such misunderstanding, guided by his animal tendencies, he commits colossal blunders, involving danger to others. It requires a great degree of purity and calmness of mind to hearken the true Inner Voice.” ~ Swami Sivananda

There are moments in your life when you must act, even though you cannot carry your best friends with you. The 'still small voice' within you must always be the final arbiter when there is a conflict of duty. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Having made a ceaseless effort to attain self-purification, I have developed some little capacity to hear correctly and clearly the 'still small voice within'. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I shall lose my usefulness the moment I stifle the still small voice within. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Before one is able to listen to that voice, one has to go through a long and fairly serve course of training, and when it is the inner voice that speaks, it is unmistakable. The world cannot be successfully fooled for all time. There is, therefore, no danger of anarchy setting in because a humble man like me will not be suppressed and will dare to claim the authority of the inner voice, when he believes that he has heard it. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

https://www.mkgandhi.org/momgandhi/chap05.htm

Edited by Ajay0

We all have a small voice within which tells us if something is not quite right. When you disregard that voice, then you do something inaccurate. When you do act upon that inner voice, you are usually pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. ~ Dadi Janki ( Prajapita Brahmakumaris)

Our innate wisdom which we call the inner voice or intuition always knows what is right for us. It constantly guides us in the right direction, and all we need to do is to learn to listen to it. Let us spend a few minutes with ourselves on a daily basis. Meditation and spiritual study silences our noisy minds and activate our intuition. ~ Brahmakumaris

Observe your mind and it gets silent. When the mind is still, intuition will speak. When the sound of your memories and beliefs will pause, the music of truth will play. ~ Brahmakumaris

When you listen more to your intuition, you will also master the art of silencing your mind, thereby controlling your thoughts better. ~ Brahmakumaris

• Like 1

The Guru within you is Satchidananda. It directs you continuously. It advises you. Sometimes you listen. Sometimes you don’t and then you get burnt and cry. It will say, “Please next time be careful.” We call that the antar Atma, the inner Self which constantly guides you. It is your conscience. “Be true to your Self,” we say. That is the Self. Listen to that Self. ` ~ Swami Satchidananda

Don’t allow the monkey mind or the ego within to guide you; it will drag you into the ditch.~ Swami Satchidananda

When you completely give up your ego, you hear the voice within. You hear the Guru within. Then it becomes very easy to face the life, to win the battle. ~ Swami Satchidananda

The quieter you become the more you are able to hear. ~ Rumi

When mind is still, then truth gets her chance to be heard in the purity of the silence. ~ Aurobindo

In silence lies the source of the highest inspirations. ~ Mira alfassa

Whatever is the difficulty if we keep truly quiet the solution will come. ~ Mira alfassa

In concentration and silence we must gather strength for the right action. ~ Mira alfassa