GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

• Like 1

"There's never a lack of Equatorial Africans adamant about teaching Tundra Innuits the proper way to stay warm in winter." -- Anon

• Like 1

“The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.”
~Julius Ceaser

"In order to become smarter, you must face a smarter opponent"
~ Fundamentals of Chess

"Fight as though not fighting"
~ Bruce Lee

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
"There is no spoon. "Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

~ Kid to Neo in The Matrix

All things are only relative. If anything is; as though absolute: it is only relatively so.

• Like 1

"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, “Look at that, you son of a bitch.”"

-- Edgar Mitchell

• Like 2

Famous last words:

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . ."
~ General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, d. 1864, Killed in battle during US Civil War.

• Like 5

"Love is such a vital phenomenon that you cannot hide it. Has anybody ever been capable of hiding his love? Nobody can hide it; it is such a fire inside. It glows. Whenever somebody falls in love you can see from his face, from his eyes, that he is no longer the same person – something has transformed him. A fire has happened, a new fragrance has come into his being.
He walks with a dancing step; he talks and his very talk has a poetic flavour to it. And not only with his beloved – when you are in love your whole being is transformed. Even talking to a stranger on the street, you are different. And if the stranger has known love in his life he knows that this man is in love. You cannot hide love, it is almost impossible. Nobody has ever been successful in hiding love."
~ Osho

• Like 3

Vedanta in the hands of raw and unregenerate persons who lack purity and devotion...is like a sharp razor in the hands of a child.

Cat

• Like 1

famous quotes by my father:

"When men are right, women never remember; when men are wrong, women never forget."

hahahahahaha

"I intend to live forever. So far so good."

"I'm never wrong, but this time I'm right."

When hearing someone sigh the word God:

"Yes, you called?"

When in conversation about the U.S. government;

"Those S.O.B.s need to get their heads out their asses."

"How can a gov. give another nation the weapons and technology to defend themselves against an invading country, and then turn around and say that defending nation is a terrorist threat?...Oh, right, as long as they have oil it makes sense."

About marriage:

"My wife yes, my gun maybe, my dog NEVER."

His old license plate on his 1970 Buick Convertible:

"TOPDOWN"

In response to society and T.V.:

"People only know one thing to do with their ass, sit on it. they obviously don't know how to wipe it."

In response to another's adversity:

"I have a problem? My problem with you is that you make it as though its my fault you are an ass$%#@, when you're the one who gave yourself a problem in the first place...arguing with me"

HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 4

"Shamans are not spiritual at all," he said. "They are very practical beings. It is a well-known fact, however, that shamans are generally regarded as eccentric, or even insane. Perhaps that is what makes you think that they are spiritual.

They seem insane because they are always trying to explain things that cannot be explained. In the course of such futile attempts to give complete explanations that cannot be completed under any circumstances, they lose all coherence and say inanities.

Castanea; Magical Passes

• Like 4

"If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day." - Alex Noble

• Like 1

"Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart, my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence.

And if you want, then start to laugh
If you must, then start to cry
Be yourself, don't hide
Just believe in destiny.

Don't care what people say
Just follow your own way
Don't give up, and use the chance
To return to innocence.
That's not the beginning of the end
That's the return to yourself
The return to innocence."

Enigma

"Night poured over the desert. It came suddenly, in purple. In the clear air, the stars drilled down out of the sky, reminding any thoughtful watcher that it is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated. When men see nothing but bottomless infinity over their heads they have always had a driving and desperate urge to find someone to put in the way.”

(Terry Pratchett)

"We need a deeper understanding of what the dream is, of what experience is, to truly utilize dreaming as an approach to enlightenment. When we practice deeply, many wonderful dreams will arise, rich with signs of progress. But ultimately the meaning in the dream is not important. It is best not to regard the dream as correspondence from another entity to you, not even from another part of you that you do not know. There is no conventional meaning outside of the dualism of samsara. This view is not a giving in to chaos: there is no chaos or meaninglessness either, these are more concepts. It may sound strange, but this idea of meaning must be abandoned before the mind can find complete liberation. And doing this is the essential purpose of dream practice.

We do not ignore the use of the meaning in dreaming. But it is good to recognize that there is also dreaming in meaning. Why expect great messages from a dream? Instead penetrate to what is below meaning, the pure base of experience. This is the higher dream practice - not psychological, but more spiritual - concerned with recognizing and realizing the fundament of experience, the unconditioned. When you progress to this point, you are unaffected by whether there is a message in the dream or not. Then you are complete, your experience is complete, you are free from the conditioning that arises from dualistic interactions with the projections of your own mind."

-Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

from The Tibetan Yogas of Sleep and Dream
  • Like 1

The color of the mountains is the Buddha's pure body.

The sound of running water is the Buddha's great speech. - Dogen

• Like 1

Each step we make, each thought, each word spoken, goes into the ever-evolving mandala we each have created for ourselves, and herein, they slowly take form, strand by strand, moment by moment. A lot of unhappiness and fear and all those other unpleasant traits arise in people when they look at their handiwork (this mandala which they have created) and cannot find how each thing is connected within, in the process, become disassociated from the truth that every single aspect of this mandala is a direct result of their own body, speech and mind.

By sharply focussing on the external creations, its understandable that a sense of helplessness could arise, but what we need to realize, and to remember, is that at the center of each single, unique mandala is found a perfect dot, the essence of which is timeless and perfect.

Meditation is an exercise which we can undertake to return again and again to this boundaryless space. Having gained access, we will find vital rest. We can always begin anew, to create, to dream, to start again, freshly reinvigorated, clarity reinstated. From this clear plane, what is there to stop us being buddhas all over again?

Something i read from Pema Kathang sums it all up nicely...

In this blessed Buddha-land of irrevocable enlightenment,

In the lofty abode of openness,

The intrinsic nature of things,

Having neutralized surface, depth, width,

the limits of any dimension,

On the highest plane where there is neither inner nor outer:

The windows of vision are flooded with light.

emaHo!!

• Like 1

"Generally, when the idea of ego is presented, the immediate reaction on the part of the audience is to regard it as a villain, an enemy. You feel you must destroy this ego, this me, which is a masochistic and suicidal approach. People tend to think this way because, usually when we speak of spirituality, we tend to think that we are fighting the bad; we are good, spirituality is the ultimate good, the epitome of good, and the other side is bad. But true spirituality is not a battle; it is the ultimate practice of nonviolence. We are not regarding any part of us as being a villain, an enemy, but we are trying to use everything as a part of the natural process of life. As soon as a notion of polarity between good and bad develops, then we are caught in spiritual materialism, which is working to achieve happiness in a simple-minded sense, on the way to egohood. So the dualistic wall is not something we have to destroy or eliminate or exorcise. But having seen the emotions as they are, we have more material with which to work creatively. This makes it quite clear that the notion of samsara is dependent upon the notion of nirvana, and the notion of nirvana is dependent upon the notion of samsara; they are interdependent. If there were no confusion, there would be no wisdom."

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

from The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation