sean

What are you listening to?

Marblehead, you crack me up! :lol: I suspect we'll continue to have music tastes at the opposite end of the spectrum. Maybe we can meet in the middle with some jazz or classical. I look forward to it! :)

Hehehe.

Yeah, I grew up listening to Old Time Country then Blues & R&B. Then Rock'n'Roll changed everything.

I fall asleep at Operas. I do enjoy some Classical music. I doubt I will ever understand Jazz. But I even enjoy traditional music from Asia and the Middle East.

I have a nice collection of Tex-Mex (mostly sung in Spanish) and Cajun (mostly sung in French) music.

I have a collection of over 80 different versions of the song "La Paloma". (Most sung in Spanish but one even in Japanese.)

(Also over 40 versions of the Blues song "Death Letter".)

Peace & Love!

THIS!

Makes me feel like the memorex guy in the chair!

Carlos Santana states in the documentry "Sworn to the drum" A tribute to Francisco Aguabella that he has expierenced "The walls begin to sweat" when Armando Peraza and Francisco Aguabella play in the same space!

My CO GV junction got hot just Hearing them!

Check out 00:28

Stuff like this hits my thymus, I get choked up, the lacrimal glands activate

Groovin to Roy Hargroves RH Factor last night! Hamid Drake Reggaeology, Fareed Haque Flat Earth Ensamble Flat Earth, and Live at Yoshis on deck.

02:20 Should make you feel good!

Edited by sifusufi

Listening to some Zydeco (in French) music this morning but I have a David Bowie CD staring me in the face waiting for me to rip so I can put it on my hard drive.

Peace & Love!

Marblehead, I do enjoy the Velvet Underground, really like the structure of the song "Heroin."

And on a David Bowie note, love "Heroes." I have an unusual cover of that song by an Austrian electronica artist, but I can't locate anything on line to share with you at the moment. Oh well. We'll stick with the VU. :D

Yes, that is a good song. Can't listen to it right now (actually, I listened to it about a week ago)because I am currently recording an LP by Blues Magoos. I think there is a YouTube of them - I'll try to link it later.

David Bowie. Yes, wonderful artist. I have a lot of his music on LP (I have put them on CD and also in .wav file on the computer).

I'll get back to this thread later.

Peace & Love!

Yes, Cream was an excellent band. I have most of their work. Have you ever heard of Blind Faith? The combination of Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton was fantastic. Too bad they stayed together for only one album then went their separate ways.

I just finished doing some work with Canned Heat LPs and next on my list is Amboy Dukes (Ted Nuggent).

Peace & Love!

I thought that might have been some underground stuff that Spike Jones had done so I had to look. Nope. It was originally done by Harry Roy.

Listening to a nice mix of Cajun and Zydeco music today.

BTW I finally finished putting all my music into .wav format and they are now all stored on the computer connected to my stereo. What a task that was!

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

Yeah. Dat's heavy.

How about this?

Peace & Love!

Bloody hell marbles that brings back memories.

This one is dedicated to all the cat lovers at thetaobums.

Should be Taobums theme tune.

Yeah, the Cat did some really nice music during his years of popularity. I have some of his music.

Listening to some Black Sabbath this morning.

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

Yes, that is one of my favorite songs from Black Sabbath.

I have one King Crimson LP but was never inspired enough to buy any more.

Pretty much the same with these folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9XZIy8tTiM&feature=related

And actually, that is my favorite song from them as well as one of my all-time favorite songs.

However, after working in the yard for two and a half hours I am now on break ane listening to some crude Zydeco music. (Makes me feel a little dirty. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead