sean

What are you listening to?

I'm still listening to old time country music. Right now Riders In The Sky are singing and playing mostly cowboy songs.

How about Dolly Parton?

I like this one but it's hard to sing along to if you're a bloke :o

Yeah, that's a good song but limited for us guys.

I never was a Dolly fan but I do admire what she has done for herself.

Back in the early days of American music women were not allowed to sing in public or even record in the early days of recorded music. However, some women wrote some really great songs which men performed and recorded. It sounds funny listening to a guy sing a song as if he were a woman singing about a man.

I'm still with old time country. Marty Robbins is singing now. He had one of the richest, smoothest voices, not only of his time but of all time.

I agree mh about marty. I also like the raul malo version of el paso.

wild as a west texas wind...............

texas music , good stuff

here in Kentucky the march winds are wild enuff

merle travis had a unique style of finger pickin

its a long way to Harlan its a long way to hazard

so yeah it takes a special talent to sing a marty song or pick like travis

• Like 2

are you in Bakersfield silent thunder? <_<

that melody has been used so many many times for different country songs and it always works.

I wont mention how that song played at a very ironic moment down in some Alabama bar.

• Like 2

are you in Bakersfield silent thunder? <_<

that melody has been used so many many times for different country songs and it always works.

I wont mention how that song played at a very ironic moment down in some Alabama bar.

mmmm bakersfield.... proof in my mind, that there must be reincarnation...

imagine your one shot at life and you draw... bakersfield...

• Like 1

I think I might have been eating too much sugar with food additives

Yeah, I think you've got too much of something but I won't suggest what.

Edited by Marblehead

I actually like Waylon but have none of his work in my collection.

(I'm Listening the Hank Sr. right now.)

• Like 1

GWAR kept on going a lot longer than we all thought....kept going even though having many members come and go....but I dont know if they can keep going without the main man Dave Brockie. RIP Oderus.

Son of a bitch. Next time someone says "hey, let's go see this band that hasnt been around here in forever" I'm just going to go no matter what, because you never know when someone's going to wind up dead. I still kick myself for missing Damageplan right before Dime got shot.

It is an era of calamity, I see this with perfect clarity...

Well, heck if I ever really listen to the lyrics, most of the time vocals are no different to me than any other instrument in terms of "having words" :P

freakin mondays man, I tell ya.

• Like 1

Reality as seen through the eyes of a typical TaoBum:

... sorry but its a FACT.

• Like 1

" sorry but its a FACT. "

you are starting to sound like mh. but I don't see any pink ponies on the video, so I disagree with your fact finding.

but also by the guy who brought us Coming From Reality

here is a Cold Fact

GWAR kept on going a lot longer than we all thought....kept going even though having many members come and go....but I dont know if they can keep going without the main man Dave Brockie. RIP Oderus.

Son of a bitch. Next time someone says "hey, let's go see this band that hasnt been around here in forever" I'm just going to go no matter what, because you never know when someone's going to wind up dead. I still kick myself for missing Damageplan right before Dime got shot.

It is an era of calamity, I see this with perfect clarity...

Well, heck if I ever really listen to the lyrics, most of the time vocals are no different to me than any other instrument in terms of "having words" :P

freakin mondays man, I tell ya.

Damn! They were here last year and I went to a Stillness-Movement seminar that weekend instead. I guess I'll have to experience being sprayed with blood and urine the old fashioned way.

Edited by Green Tiger