sean

What are you listening to?

Check this out. Calling your attention not to Jeff Beck but to the bass guitarist, Tal Wilkenfeld. She is phenomenal!

13 hours ago, OldDog said:

Check this out. Calling your attention not to Jeff Beck but to the bass guitarist, Tal Wilkenfeld. She is phenomenal!

I won't disagree with you but her style is too Jazzy for my tastes.

On 13.2.2018 at 5:37 PM, OldDog said:

Tal is beck beckup

One of my favorite songs from the time period.  Brings back beautiful memories.  (I didn't handle the conditions well though.)

• Like 1

As long as we are reliving blasts from the past .... one of my perennial go-tos is Neil Young. Not for everyone but his guitar work is unique and he tends to long solos. 

• Like 2

I have a fair collection of Neil's work.  And you are correct - it requires a certain mindset to be able to appreciate his music.  I actually have his mixed in with Still's music.  That really works well for me.

I'm not listening to anything right now as I have an audio program doing work for me but here where I am sitting I can see a 45 RPM record from 1959 on the Laurie label song titled Morgen sung by Ivo Robic.

I found it a couple days ago when I was looking for something else for my sister.

Wow, that's obscure! Can't imagine where you could be sitting that you could see a 45rpm with that label. Yesterday, I was working on my computer doing a little tidying up. Saw my shelf full of old vinyl and pulled out some old PP&M albums and did a trip down memory lane with folk music.

• Like 1

My computer room is what was designed to be a family room so it is a fairly large room.  But even so, I don't have all my music in this room.  There are various LPs and CDs in the living room as well as over-flow in the exercise room.

I did finally get one of my computers free so I have Tex-Mex/Tejano music playing right now.

Texmex and Tejano get to be real popular here around fiesta time. So it's about that time. Time to break out Flaco, Texas Tornados and my prised posession, La Musica de Baldemar Huerta. Even an old huero like me can appreciate the sounds.

• Like 1

I don't know Baldemar Huerta.  I'll have to check that out.  Might want to add to my collection.

Love Flaco's playing though.  I rate him equal to Lawrence Welk.

On one of my ventures I got off the highway and went to Alice, Texas, the home of (recorded) Tejano music.  I visited the radio station and the DJ took me into the studio that was used for the first recordings.  Had a nice talk with him and learned a little more about the roots of the music.

Oh My Goodness!!!  Talk about being empty-minded.  Baldemar.  Yeah.  Freddy Fender.  I likely have nearly all his studio recordings.  Another one is Sir Douglas Quintet.

Rofl! Thought you would get kick outa Baldemar Huerta. And don't forget Augie Meyers and the Western Head Band.

Got to thinking about Lawrence Welk ... don't remember him on the accordion, just waiving a baton and dancing around with Alice Lon. Sure you are not thinking of Myron Floren?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OldDog said:

Rofl! Thought you would get kick outa Baldemar Huerta. And don't forget Augie Meyers and the Western Head Band.

Got to thinking about Lawrence Welk ... don't remember him on the accordion, just waiving a baton and dancing around with Alice Lon. Sure you are not thinking of Myron Floren?

I have never claimed to be quick minded.  Yeah, Augie and Doug.  I got that one.  Don't recall the Western Head band though.

Yep, for sure Welk.  Mostly polkas and waltzes.  I just ran across Myron Floren's name yesterday.  I wrote myself a note to check him out after I get done with my collection editing.  (I will be done some time tonight if I don't fall asleep.)

For some reason I never found a reason to remember Freddy's real name.

And what about Steve Jordan?  Not like Flaco but still good.

Re: Van de Graf Generator

Had to look that one up. Name was vaguely familiar. That was a Rock road I never went down. Heading toward Glam was a bit much for my taste.