Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Energy of Rice

many people may have wonder, why chinese people eat "rice"?

yes, rice do have a very special energy which bring people JING HEI 正氣 positive energy. If you eat rice which is cooked properly, you will be more positive minded. For a taoist, it's best to cook rice for your meal and eat at a proper time to have the best results from eating!

Rice also means wealth, having rice stock up at home also means you will be able to accumulate wealth too. It's a form of stocking up energy of wealth!

Interesting, personally I enjoy long grain brown rice mixed with some wild rice. But what about the Taoist no grain diet http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=6410&st=0

or Wiki

History

Early Taoist diets were very different from present-day ones. While present-day Taoist diets call for eating lots of grains, ancient diets called for the eating of no grains at all. This was because early Taoists believed the rotting of the grains in the intestines attracted demonic creatures known as the 'three worms.' These demons loved eating decaying matter in the intestines in the hope that they could kill the person and devour his corpse.[1] Some Taoists advocated eliminating many foods from their diet. This position might have resulted from a mythological vision of an early "golden age" where humanity did not need to eat at all. An early Taoist text, the Taipingjing, suggests that early people who were living completely "as they are" (ziran) would not need food, but instead would live only by absorbing the cosmic qi of Yin and Yang. This ancient state has since fallen away, however, which is why the Celestial Master of the Taipingjing says that food is now one of two absolute essentials for human existence.

References [1] ^ Kohn (1993), p. 149

Were the early Taoist wrong, misguided, or just following a different tradition?

unless you are on the diet, then maybe you can go for no-grains. But to be able to do it, you must first go on full-veggie diet for your whole life as a starter and also follow 300 prescepts which isolate you from the society and you still need to do keep track of your dates because very "Gung Sun" Day (ocne every 60 days) you need to do a special training with 3 days non-stop chanting rituals and some specials days you need to also not sleep by chant the whole day long.. and every morning and night you need to follow special trainings and wake up at 3:30am sleep at 8pm.. that is the minimum I am telling you for the method of cultivating PiGu.

What I am talking about is how "normal" people live their life, not these "professionals".

Even if you are a taoist, you do not have to choose the route of PiGu too. There is no point of doing it when your mind is not ready and you are still very happy with your current life. Oh one thing, if you want to go for the PiGu practise, you also have to get rid of sex, and your violent movies etc,.. totally isolated from society too, no internet for sure.

Mak Tin Si

Rice means wealth, having rice stock up at home also means you will be able to accumulate wealth too. It's a form of stocking up energy of wealth!

This does seem to raise the rather obvious question that , if this was true, then over the last few hundred years the rice eaters of Asia should have been amongst the wealthiest of the world's inhabitants. Us sad potato eaters in the West should have been comparatively impoverished.

Could one's preference for rice and its supposed equation to wealth simply be yet another example of self-congratulation and wishful thinking ??? (Two human qualities shared universally,... by potato eaters as well !)

ThisLife

Symbolism is not factual.

MTS - I wish you well -on your own new site. You tend to crowd us here with rather silly posts. Where is your self respect? Where is your respect for how The Tao Bums operates? What is it that you do Not get about what has already been explained to you so many times before?

:blink:

unless you are on the diet, then maybe you can go for no-grains. But to be able to do it, you must first go on full-veggie diet for your whole life as a starter and also follow 300 prescepts which isolate you from the society and you still need to do keep track of your dates because very "Gung Sun" Day (ocne every 60 days) you need to do a special training with 3 days non-stop chanting rituals and some specials days you need to also not sleep by chant the whole day long.. and every morning and night you need to follow special trainings and wake up at 3:30am sleep at 8pm.. that is the minimum I am telling you for the method of cultivating PiGu.

Mak Tin Si

Uhh.. what?

I'm pretty sure you can go cold turkey right to vegetables and you'll be quite alright. That, or take a few days or weeks easing into it (however long it takes to make the shift..).

tofu-rice-ck-689956-l.jpg

Enjoy some rice everybody, you will see if you get wealthier soon by eating this! (only if you can eat it! - smart people can eat it only)

Enjoy some rice everybody, you will see if you get wealthier soon by eating this! (only if you can eat it! - smart people can eat it only)

Dear MTS,

I think that it's too much fruit cake you've been eating, mate. You're starting to sound like one yourself. A little more balanced diet might help you understand the hidden message deep within Wayfarer's post above.

ThisLife

Who say I am not balance with eating?

You?

Dear MTS,

I think that it's too much fruit cake you've been eating, mate. You're starting to sound like one yourself. A little more balanced diet might help you understand the hidden message deep within Wayfarer's post above.

ThisLife

Why am I not surprised that a self-proclaimed Taoist master is encouraging people to eat rice to "accumulate wealth", since when has material wealth been a goal of Taoists? Guess every club has a crazy.

Also doing a bit or research apparently some people soak brown rice for a day to germinate it before cooking, anyone tried that either?

The main problem with brown rice, whole grains in general, is that they have high levels of phytic acid. You will want to soak and actually try to start a mild fermentation on any brown rice.

Phytates are an issue with whole grains and soy products as well. Soy should always be either fermented or served with ferments to make it digestable.

Traditional cultures had this down. Tempeh is one, oats are generally soured overnight for porridge, even buttermilk pancakes are a form of fermented product.

I could go on and on.

I think there was some confusion a few posts back between:

One) the ideas of eating no grains, i.e believe grains bad for you, eat other things.

and

Two) Bigu, eating no physical food. Sometimes, I think, referred to as avoiding the five grains, as in all five elemental types of food.

I reckon Mak Tin Si was talking about the preparations for going Bigu, i.e. breatharian, and I for one am quite curious. I've only seen it presented before as something that kind of just happened after lots of high level practice. Had no idea you could plan it.

Well since my store of brown & wild rice got weeviled :( I had to buy some more. I usually get long grain brown rice...

I reckon if it hadn't happened it would have been something worse.

In fact, I think it's definitely the lesser of two weevils. :D

I'll get me coat.

The main problem with brown rice, whole grains in general, is that they have high levels of phytic acid. You will want to soak and actually try to start a mild fermentation on any brown rice.

I could go on and on.

Please do :D

Hmm, white rice is not what you want to eat to support the body's functions. Veggies and fruit is a much better choice. And if you want to be wealthier, the more effective way is to do actions (like creating a business) that have a potential to bring more money.

The truth of tao lies in everything, if you can see through the nature, you will find out that every actions you do in a normal daily life will reflect and influence everything in your life including wealth, health, family, luck, mood, anything.

As LaoZi have said you can stay in a house and know the universe.

I can name a dozen grains that are better then rice. This is one example: properties and benefits of buckwheat

Technically buckwheat is not a grain, though it is generally used as such. But I do agree with your sentiment that there are plenty of other options out there. But I would not say one is better than the other, just different. Each has its place.

has anyone heard of forbidden rice/ black rice

apparently it was once cultivated exclusively for the emperor of china for its health benefits.

It tastes good.

^_^

Brown rice that has been soaked for 1-3 days before eating it is SO GOOD! Best way to do it is to soak it at room temp on a counter, and switch the water everyday (or else it goes bad!) After three days the rice will have a a floral kind of smell to it. When you cook it you should only need about 1.5 cups water for each cup of rice, and it will have a sort of doughy smell. And when you eat it it is very satisfying. More so than unsoaked rice. It should also be much easier on your digestion (regular brown rice can be tougher).

All the Best,

11:33

Scotty,

3 days soak is best.

If you get lazy, you can soak it in the fridge and change the water less often, but so far as the experiments go I think it doesn't come out quite as good.

Sign in to follow this